RegCureGave me a 'Trojan' virus!

D

I downloaded the Free scan from the Regcure web page. This promised to sort infections but instead, it gave me a 'Trojan' virus. I am not having any joy at contacting them to sort it out. I am now left with an annoying and very slow computer.

Avoid this company at all costs or pay heavily for not taking notice.

• ParetoLogic's response · Jul 17, 2007

Hello John,

Thank you for your email. Every computer is different so it is impossible for us to give exact information on this without knowing your system. Registry items listed on the error list can be invalid when associated with non-existing folders or files. However, some entries may be valid. It is recommended that you only remove items that you know are invalid.

RegCure is one of the safest removal tools on the market and it is rare that it will remove something that a user requires but it can happen. RegCure does create a backup and restores easily if something is found to be awry after a cleaning.

RegCure supports restoring backups of items that have been removed from your registry.

To restore one or more backup files:

Click the Backup button in the Main window.
    Select one or more backup files.
    Click the Restore button.

For Windows XP, you have an additional option you can select to ensure that a system restore point is created every time you perform a scan and remove. If you have Windows XP, click the Settings button in the Main window of RegCure and select the Create a system restore point option. A system restore point is created and you can access it by going to Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore.

You can send items to the Ignore list during step 3 of the scan process. The items are not removed and RegCure will ignore these entries in upcoming scans.

To send items to the Ignore list:

Click the Ignore link next to any item.
    To view items in your Ignore list:
    Click the Settings button in the Main window and click the Ignore List tab.

You can remove an item in the Ignore list:
    Select one or more items.
    Click the Remove Selected button.
    Refer to the RegCure help file for more information (click the Help button in the Main window or press the F1 key).

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. For further technical support, please send an email to [email protected] and our technical support team will be delighted to assist you.

• Established in 2004, ParetoLogic is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau
    • ParetoLogic and its CEO have been the recipient of several awards including Entrepreneur of the Year, Emerging Technology Company of the Year, and Innovative Excellence
    • ParetoLogic currently has seven products on the market, several of which have received public acclaim and awards
    • ParetoLogic products are available in eight languages in seventy countries around the world
    • ParetoLogic offers a 60 day money back guarantee on all of its products
    • ParetoLogic has a dedicated Customer Support Team. Their genuine desire to help people out often results in them helping customers with general computer use and maintenance issues and has garnered ParetoLogic a large number of loyal customers

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Customer Support Team

Joyce Coleman Jul 12, 2016

I downloaded this product yesterday at a special $10.00 off the regular price of $39.90. According to the band check I receive today I was charged the full price. Since downloading I find that my computer is running very much slower. I should like at least the advertised $10.00 refunded. Judging by my computer performance since using the product, i should get a total refund!

Beware people!

Joyce Coleman

• Da
    David Ramos Jul 12, 2016

I purchased RegCure on 9/11/07, in hopes that it would help my system. It did not! In addition, my external hard drive now no longer works, which has invaluable information on it, and I am quite upset. Please refund my money. I am not a computer wiz, so I cannot say whether or not RegCure is responsible for my hard drive malfunction, but, I can say it hasn't helped either.

• Al
    ALBERT W FALKE SR Jul 12, 2016

Downloaded the above spoftware with the understanding it would erase all errors and speed up my computer.
    Well it did exactly the oppposite.
    My computer has'nt had any errors erased and they told me to enter the license code, which I did and then the window came up that they wanted top hit me fopr more money to buy some more of their product.
    I believe this company should be prohibited space on the internet.
    I am in the process of requesting my refund.

• Pa
    Paul F. Scheckel Jul 12, 2016

I too purchased RegCure on the basis of its scan of my computer. I have had another registry 'cleaner' called RegSmart. It seemed to work o.k. but when the scan made by RegCure showed over 600 'errors' I was floored! I had just scanned with RegSmart the day before and it indicated my registry was 'clean.' Being impressed, I bought the program.

Much to my regret, this program has caused many problems with my computer. Missing files, folders, trying to access the internet (why?) trying to access some security files (Per ZoneAlarm) and, now, I have a new Home page with missing toolbar data and download data (Mozilla Firefox). I stopped using it to scan my registry for fear I will have more problems!

I just sent them a e-mail requesting a refund and I will also inform my credit card company of this complaint in the event I get the run around! Something is out of whack here, and I mean to end it before more damage is done to my files.

• Ji
    Jim Buzon Jul 12, 2016

I'm afraid to use regcure again, after twice finding it impossibe to connect with any server whatsoever, after each scan and error fix. I consider this product a complete waste of money and will just let the subscription expire. Thank heaven for system restore...

• Pa
    Paul F. Scheckel Jul 12, 2016

I just sent them a e-mail requesting a refund and I will also inform my credit card company of this complaint in the event I get the run around! Something is out of whack here, and I mean to end it b efore more damage is done to my files.

• Ba
    Barbara G Christy Jul 12, 2016

I was charged more than I was told, I gave them my debit card and they took advantage of me. I cancelled my debit card because of them. When I tried to call them I was told all circurts were busy but a rep would be with me asap. Well I waited and waited and waited finally their end went dead.
    So then I have tried to email them with the given email address Of RegCure ([email protected] and ParetoLogic.com support Desk, support A paretologic.com...No address available my email reports to me mail can not be sent. I would like my money back for the entire program I paid for. As it was no use and when I went to install it wouldnt install so that is when I tried to email them, no avail, thats when I went to my bank to cancel..I could cancel the one that I didnt ok but I was stuck for the one that I did ok even though it didnt work as I couldn't down load it. So I never received any good out of it..

I recommend to folks not to buy as it is a fraud system.

Barbara Christy
    [email protected]

• Ba
    Barbara G Christy Jul 12, 2016

Do not buy this, I wished too that I would have read this as the program wouldnt download for me and it froze my computer up and apparently put a virus in and ruined my computer. DON'T DOWN LOAD THIS PROGRAM BY THE NAME OF REGCURE AND PARETOLOGIC...THEY ARE FRAUDS...
    They charged me more than they said, I had given them my debit card so they took advantage of me..my debit card is now discontinued..and I do not have one anymore..There is no trust in America any more..Everyone is out to take advanage of you...watch out and I repeat DON'T DOWNLOAD PARETOLOGIC AND REGCURE...NO GOOD THEY ARE FRAUDS..

• Ni
    nitaree Jul 12, 2016

I am so sorry that I did not find this complaint board BEFORE I downloaded RegCure!! I is horrible, my computer froze up, my flash player stopped working, my computer became real slow... I could go on and on. I was able to uninstall this piece of $hit software... Thank God... after spending the last two days trying to get my computer back to it's previous condition BEFORE Regcure, I am happy to say my 'puter is working like she use too!!!

One more thing:

D O N O T D O W N L O A D F R E E REGCURE!!! D O N O T B U Y!!!

Rhea Grace Jul 12, 2016

Some time ago there info popped up on my desktop computer saying they would fix slow computers. I believe I paid $24.95 with a credit card. After that I tried to "clean up" my computer, but RegCure said I needed to pay $39.95. I didn't want to, but have no way of finding them to cancel or ask for my money back. They are on my computer everytime I go on professing their ability to check my computer and fix whatever is wrong. They say there are about 17, 000 things wrong.

RHS Jun 09, 2016

BAIT AND SWITCH!! Thank G-d I just deleted after seeing they wanted me to pay for something they said was free. That pissed me off to start with. I hope it's not going to start cropping back up on my computer like McCaffe...Thanks for sharing- spread the word!!!

• Pr
    Priscilla Mccarson Jun 09, 2016

I purchased RegCure to clean my computer.When they deducted their price of 29.34 from my payment plan, there was also a deduction of 9.97 for a company called safecart.I did not remember any checked box telling me of this.I contacted this SafeCart and they agreed to give me a refund, which they did for the 9.97.Afterwards I tried to run my RegCure and it didn't work.I then tried contacting them again.They were answering all my messages immediately until this one.Now I havn't heard anything and am stuck with a product that doesn't work and I'm out of 29.34 dollars.What can I do?

• Ru
    Russell Jun 09, 2016

Regcure advertises that they are a FREE registry repair software. After running their FREE scan it shows you have many problems and they will fix them for $29.95. Thats not free software. I paid the money expected things to be fixed but everything is the same as it was before . Their claims are false. First as being free and second of fixing registry problems. This company or should I classify them as a group of thieves should be addressed and dealt with. They should not be able to lie to the Public, STEAL our hard earned money with false claims of PC repair and of a faster PC. It is a lie and should not be tolerated!!! You have my e-mail address and I would appreciate a response to my complaint. Thank You for letting me vent.
    Russell

Joe the Computer Guy Jun 09, 2016

My registry got corrupted on my computer the other day. I did a search on Google to see if I could find the .DDL file to reinstall. I found an add on the Internet that said if I had this problem, RegCure could immediate fix it. OK, why not give it a try. The site said that it normally cost $29.99 but it was only going for a special price of $9.99.

I placed my order, downloaded and what happened? My credit card was charged for $39.99. This tactic is called "bait and switch" and is a criminal offense. But since I already had the program, I decided to give it a try to see if it could fix my registry problem as promised on its website.

Did it fix the problems? No. Not at all. The problem was fixed when I found a solution to the registry problem on my own.

The "good news" is that I requested a refund and they were very prompt in doing this. My main concern is how they charged me for an item four times its advertised price. Unsuspecting buyers beware...

RHS Jun 09, 2016

RegCure claims to be a free registry cleaner ("freeware") yet after you go through downloading it, they tell you you have hundreds of registry problems on your computer and in order to fix it you have to pay for it!! Why not be upfront instead of being deceptive??
    I fell for this twice over a period of time and I am angry at their deception.

• Ji
    Jim Dickson Jun 06, 2016

The program cost more than I expected through not reading the fine print. {my fault] The program runs once or at the most twice & then refuses to run again. Contacting Paretologic 4 times to date brings a quick response & the problem goes away until I try to run it more than once or at the most twice. They are most apologetic & ostenibly helpful but it is not getting fixed! They have also agreed to refund the money if I want. Don't buy it! It is a total waste of money & what to me is more important a total waste of time contacting them.

• Ko
    korru Jul 30, 2011

its not a trojan idiot its just an unwanted win32 software

• Pr
    Pr4tess Feb 11, 2010

I bought it and it did not cure anything. And then it was somehow deleted and it had to be downloaded and after the new download the key would not work. Fed up I tell you...fed up

• Re
    regheck Oct 23, 2009

If you buy a license then wait until your existing license expires on all their producs including XoftSpy, etc., you will loose the days since you bought the product. The new license starts the day you bought it. So if you decided to buy a new license since you had extra money this month and even if you wait for 60 days until your existing license expries, your new license will start 60 days ago and you have lost 2 months of use. And, furthermore, when you re-license before the expiration, you have to unregister your existing license with some software package support provides. Not that the product doesn't do what it is suppose to do, the licensing is a scam.

• Bl
    B L Steinberger Sep 27, 2009

The download of the software was cumbersome and it took 40 attempts to obtain a proper download. Then when REGCURE was run it allowed me to properly register and pay for it and receive my license id. Then a backup, a scan and a clean operation was run to speed up my PC's operation and the s***t hit the fan. My laptop was basically inoperable, having lost the ability to communicate with the internet and the restore function would not restore to prior to the REGCURE backup. Fortunately I have a desktop I was able to use to communicate with REGCURE and for copying and transferring 'fix' files to my laptop. With the customer service fixes I was able to get back online but now have many parameters that are changed in my various softwares. The REGCURE software is highly dangerous to some computers as was apparent with mine, so beware, it can be a scary endeavor and not correctable if you don't have additional PC's and the expertise to use them.

• Be
    Berk Sep 23, 2009

Excuse me...but why is it that when I click on "CCleaner" in Google search, a FREE program, RegCure site pops up? RegCure is NOT free. They shouldn't have this program listed at ALL when someone is searching for free programs! Free download, whoopee! There was a time when it was easy to locate and download drivers too, now, 90% of the time paid programs pop up! There's very little "free" anything anymore. Money, money, money, that's all that seems to matter! I've bought and used this RegCure program and it screwed my computer up so bad that I had to reinstall my OS! Prime example of over the top advertising.

• 1i
    1inTouch Aug 20, 2009

RegCure crashed my comupter. But I got my money back and my complaint was that the cashier SafeCart took two payments instead of one and expected me to wait over two weeks to get my money back. I had already lost time and money getting the computer fixed and I was supposed to wait to get my money back. I don't think so! I used the BBB in Victoria, B.C. to push them to give me my money back posthaste. They did. Paretologic said: We have submitted the refund to our e-commerce company, Safe-Cart. However, it still must go through our transaction processors and occasionally other institutions which can add time delays. What "transaction processors"? What "other institutions"? Is this something that should be looked into in the way of "customer satisfaction" so that the customer is serviced better and well. It's a mockery to our intelligence. You'd think they would hang themselves on all that red tape. But the inconvenience is on us.

• Su
    Sue Wieser Aug 11, 2009

I have e-mailed and called your company for over a month now. I installed Regcure the 1st of July and had to have a computer company come over and undo everything as it totally made my computer malfunction. This is about the 7th or 8th time I have either called or e-mailed to request a refund. Please do this has soon as possible. I am owed 49.90 into my account ASAP. Please respond to this e-mail at [email protected] to let me know when I can expect my funds. Thanks so much. Sue Wieser

• Lh
    Lhardin389 May 27, 2009

You have to be very careful about opening those type of popups. Most likely, the one virus you have or going to have on your computer is from those popups. I serious doubt that you have 700 viruses...those the numbers those popups give you so that you can buy their product. If you serious get a virus from one of those popups, I would contact Regcure. Best advise is...DON'T CLICK ON NO POPUPS!!

• Bz
    BZGataor May 27, 2009

Be afraid. When RegCure popped up on my computer, it said it recognized 700 plus problems. After running it, it said I had to join to fix these problems. It said it was $39.95, and after giving them my info, it was, all of the sudden, $49.95. I think it's a virus. Nothing worked after it popped up, and nothing's working correctly now. Is this a scam? Someone please tell me who to contact to get my money back. I truly feel stupid, like many of you.

• Qu
    quinn May 24, 2009

yeah, me too! and now that regcure says that my license is expiring they want me to renew which obviously i will not. however when i go to uninstall the product a warning comes up saying that if i uninstall my errors won't be fixed(all 111 of them) and i'm afraid this is techno speak for we'll f'up your system again. i'm sure the reason i kept getting a dll file missing problem after i installed regcure was because of regcure itself. i paid $50 to Dell's tech support unit and they cleaned my computer with something called ccleaner and now no problems but i definitely don't go back to regcure and as far as the refund, again, same story with me, no communication from them. all in all i say they're just bogus.

• Je
    Jenny Apr 06, 2009

I ordered RegCure thinking it too was $9.99. After I was charged $39.99, I went back and re-read all the fine print. I emailed them to let them know that I ran it, & re-ran it only to get the exact same results. This is on a computer that I was not using because it continuously had registry problems, so I purchased it thinking it would help. The program did nothing! I found it through a crap cleaner program, it was an advertisement on their site. I went to Wal-Mart & purchased a Registry Cleaner. That has worked very well. Funny thing is I ran the RegCure got my results, then ran the Wal-mart purchased one got different results & cleaned it, and vice-versa. It does not matter when and if Reg Cure is run I have the exact same results, I emailed them again stating it was a fraud and said I planned to get my money back from the bank etc... No Response. So here I am out $39.99, and no one to complain to or get a refund from.

• To
    Tom Apr 05, 2009

ParetoLogic bundled another item in with another item I purchase, at last point of sale without appropriate notification. I only became aware of this fact upon my reciept of the email which appeared to show I was sold an additional product that I did not request. Also costs quoted did not match final charges.

This is not good customer care or practice I have requested reimbursement of my costs immediately I am awaiting response from them to resolve this matter.

MancaCATATONIC Feb 09, 2009

CRAP :@ IT LIED TO ME, THOSE ###.

• Wi
    willie williams Sep 13, 2008

i would like a refund

• To
    toby7 Aug 05, 2008

When run, (regcure), I have a program that is no long functional. The program has bible
    info in it, and various pieces of liturature. I have to re-install my program all over again,
    and since it has so much, (it is 550Meg). that has to be installed again!

I've told regcure about it, but, as usual, they DO NOT answer you back!!!

I''m also tired of so many sites with links to regcure. How can they have so
    much coverage, and a program be so bad.

• Ki
    KIMBERLY HOYLE Jul 18, 2008

I AM AWAITING MY REGISTRY NUMBER AND REFUND. WHAT WILL THE TWO EMAILSOF EACH BRING ME, IN THEIR OWN TIME FRAME, AS THEY CHOOSE TO . THEY TOOK 39.90 AND I ONLY AGREED ON 29.95. IT WON'T SEND ME ANYTHING EXCEPT RECIET NUMBERS, ALL DIFFERENT. THE ARE THEIVES FOR NOW, THEY STOLE MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCT. I WANT IT BACK, ASAP. IN THE ACCT THEY HAVE OF MINE. THEN THEY WIL NOT EVER THINK OF ME AGAIN, AND I'LL RETRACT MY STATEMENT ABOUT THEM, THEIVERY OR NOT! ARE THEY CROCKS? I AM WAITING, FOR ONLY SO LONG. LIEING THIEVES.

• Mi
    Mike Spall Apr 01, 2008

I was having trouble downloading Adaobe Acrobat 8.1.2 and was getting an error 1401. I entered this error number on google and Regcure software came saying they could easily cour the fault.
    I tried the free download but found it eas not free but decided to purchase as I needeed the Acrobat Reader.
    After downloading the RegCure software it ran a check on my registry found 750 faults said it had cleared them, but the same error message appeared when i tried to download the Adobe Acrobat.
    I emailed them and complained and told them I was not satisfied as they has misrepresented their product and all the did was to refer me to the Acrobat Forum

• Le
    Lee Smith Dec 11, 2007

Dear Sirs : I have had this program for two weeks and have not been able to use it yet. I cannot get n o one to send me the key codes and I finally got the confirmation code. But still have not been able to get any one to get me my key codes. that you and I would appreciate a quick response or I am going to turn this over to my credit card company. Thanks

Lee Smith
    15104 Honeybrook Lane
    Coaling, Al 35453

[email protected]
    I wish you would give me your phone where we can talk this out without any harsh feeling

john blancarte Jun 25, 2007

Due to the fact that my PC was running poorly, I did a google on how to improve the performance of it. I happened upon a site that highly recommended Regcure pc optimizer. After downloading, purchasing and using the software it completely screwed up my registry. I could no longer use applications and it could not access the internet. After 15 hours of trying to undo this I had to reinstall xp, then reinstall vista.

DO NOT USE REGCURE it will destroy your pc.