Complaints & Reviews

stay away from red lobster wauwatosa and red lobster brown deer

When I worked at Red Lobster Wauwatosa from February 1996 to June 1996, The white waitresses were acting like...

server complaint

We have always considered one of the better restaurants in Findlay to eat since we moved here 23 years ago...

terrible overall experience

Our family has always enjoyed Red Lobster however on our last two visits to this particular Red Lobster wa...

service

We arrived to eat at 3 pm on a friday. About 10 tables in restaurant were occupied. We were told there would be a 10 minute wait. I asked a disgruntled "manager" why there was a wait. She said because the wait staff was only allowed to serve three tables at a time. Incredible. Obviously they don't care anything about customer service. Also, I asked the waitress for tarter sauce instead of the cocktail sauce she brought and my husband asked for extra cocktail sauce. She told me to give my extra cocktail sauce to my husband and she then brought a very small container of tarter sauce... Acting like it was a big imposition. We eat out five times a week and the service at this red lobster is the absolute worst.

JasonVegas Jul 10, 2009

Well for starters you're eating at red lobster...one of the worst and trashiest restaurants out there. I could go on and on, but I won't.

Angelfire2009 Sep 19, 2009

My mother and have been to the Red Lobster for a late lunch early dinner and both times we have been there has been a disappointment. Its the Red Lobster in Spring Hill Florida on route 19. The first time we went were greeted very nicely and seated in prompt amount of time as soon as we entered. The waitress never showed to the table for twenty minutes to even greet us and it wasn't busy. Very few people there. She took our drink order and another twenty minutes before she arrived to take our food order. My mother I got up and walked out the manager followed us out and talked with us and got us to come back in and eat with a free gift card. This past Thursday Sept. 17th, 2009, My mother and I once again went to the same Red Lobster. Greeted and seated very nicely but the waitress took fifteen minutes in a non busy hour (hardly anyone was there to eat). The waitress had an attitude right off the bat, took our drink order, no name given seemed like she hated her job. The drinks came twenty minutes later we gave our food order and she wasn't pleasant at all. My mother asked if they were short of help in the kitchen thought maybe that was the hold up. The waitress stated NO! My mother stated well the service is very slow for hardly any business clientel wise. It took the waitress another twenty minutes to a half hour to serve our soup and salad, crab cake dishes. Needless to say she was not tipped or will we be going to Red Lobster to eat again. We enjoy the food but the service the two times we were there was not even an effort on the servers. The manager that day wasn't around nor did we see him until we went to go out the door and over heard a server speaking to him about another customer who was complaining.

do not work at red lobster wauwatosa

When I worked at Red Lobster Mayfair on February 1996, The Multiracial Kitchen manager Johnny Moore, The...

stay away

On June first a friend and I went to Red Lobster Restaurant for lunch around 2:30PM. We were greeted poorly by a messy dressed hostess who had a very sad and put upon attitude. As she seated us, we decided to sit at the bar. The service was terrible. When we complained to the manager nothing was accomplished. Just the manager and the waitress/barmaid whispering to each other. The potato was uncooked and hard. The food itself was sparse for the price $22.95, the coke was flat, and the manager did nothing to help our situation. We would never go there again or advise anyone else to go there either.

• Ir
    Irritated1 Dec 22, 2009

Well first of all I eat out alot and frankly I have seen restaurants bend over backwards for guests. The guest who complains are the ones who are looking for something free and who has no idea how to act in a restaurant. For instance I went to a restaurant and I was sitting next to a family of 7 with 3 kids and they annoyingly made the server run back and forth for stupid little things like she was a servant. Grow up people and stop robbing businesses. You obviously can't cook and clean and that is why you go out and dirty someone else's place and then complain when your own kids behave unmannerly and have no respect for other diners. You want other people to roll out the red carpet for you like you are special and you wouldn't last 5 mins in a fine dining restaurant because all those who complain are unmannerly.

lack of response

There were 4 of us for dinner, we arrived at approx 7pm, the hostess
advised there would be a lengthy wait.
There were people sitting all over the waiting area and standing
outside. I observed approx 4 open tables in the lounge area, I asked
the hostess
if bar seating was available. She advised it was open seating. I entered
the bar and was followed by two other groups, each of us taking booth.
One of them took a 6 top table. I watched the manager talk to the 6 top
table, then brought them menus.. he then came to my table and advised
us we couldn't be in the lounge as it was taking away from other guests
waiting for seating. I asked him why he let the other table stay, he
said he made special arrangements for them. I asked for the same
arrangements and he told us we had to return to the lobby and wait for
seating. I told him if we got up we were leaving, I had already gone to
the bar and got drinks for our table since the assist Mgr wouldn't let
us have menus or a server. The manager then left in a huff and sent a
server to us. The server was obviously upset from how he talked to her
about taking our table. This made for an extremely uncomfortable
dinner. The server did a great job and treated us well.. It was also
obvious that many of the other servers were not in a great mood...
I went to Redlobsters website and made a complaint the next morning. It
has been 6 days and I have not received as much as an email or a phone call.
I made a second complaint tonight 6 Jan 05... I have been a long time
customer of Redlobster, I doubt I will go back to them after there lack
of a response..

table turning

As a server I really have little control of how long a guest will sit at a table. At lunch we are expected to turn tables in 39 mins. Which means the guest sits, orders, eats, pays and leaves within 39 mins. At dinner time we are expected to turn tables in 49 mins and are verbally persecuted and made to feel incompetent in our jobs if we can't do that. I've experienced this at 3 different darden restaurants so I know its everywhere. I'm sorry but 49 minutes is an unrealistic goal. As a server I go out to eat a lot and i spend at least an hour if not 75-90 mins at dinnertime. If we have high ticket times we are given less shifts and the worst shifts and sections. Our guests feel rushed like herded caddle in and out of our restaurant. I've seen many complaints about guests feeling this way and darden doesn't care. This company is losing a large part of its customer base because its so "corporate". We are becoming more chinsky in our portion sizes and charging for everything. As servers we have lost almost all ability to be flexible with guests as we have such strict rules and guidelines. This company cares more about its profits than its employees or guests.

For ex. A guest wrote on the tip line of the credit card slip...fifteen dollars as opposed to $15.00 and I was not allowed to receive the tip...because the guest could possibly call and dispute it and Red lobster could lose money. So I have to lose out on hard earned money. Also Tips where the customer does not sign on the correct line are also taken away.

[censored].

• Ro
    Roger Holman Jan 18, 2009

My wife and I had a day pland we tuck two of our children with us, we spent sixty dollers or more. or server was never at our table, the crab had verry little meat, the outher food had set at the window so long it was all cold. if we needed service we had to ask who ever walked by us. I had only ate at a redLobster one before, a long time ago. it was so good I couldnt wait to go this time, but our vist to the Elizabethtown KY. restaurant was a waist of our time and our money. I said as going out the door, I would never Come back. I want to know what was the deal, It made our outting a very unplasent one. It was a pland treat for us. I would like to know is all Redlobster service and food like this every day " cost very high, poor service, over cooked crab, and cold food. I remember It was the best I have had a long time ago.

Jacimo Sep 16, 2011

I was in Managment for Red Lobster when they were owned by General Mills and Bill Darden ran the company. The corporate philosphy was GUEST, EMPLOYEE, INVESTOR. After Mr. Darden retired there was an endless procession of idots as "President". In 1995 General Mills got sick of the BS and did a spin off, then we get Darden Restaurants Inc. The Upper Management that remained on found new and creative ways to screw the Guest and Employees. The New Philosophy became Investor, Investor Investor. I will not eat at any of their joints

• Th
    The Olive Garden Server Apr 12, 2014

I am a server for Olive Garden in the Orlando are and am on Suspension... because a customer said i wasnt attentive enough to his table ~ which is difficult to do on a busy weekend !!! Some customers think the universe revolves around their table.

Sorry customers... there are other guests in the restaurant that also need our EQUAL ATTENTION !

Our turn around time for the cooks tonight was 40 Minutes YES... FORTY MINUTES and it get thrown on the servers back. even when we cant control the cook time and the customer gets bored and upset !

Get over yourselves and think about OUR frustration too... you are NOT the center of my universe

James Averill Apr 29, 2018

We dined at your RL restaurant in Eugene, OR at the Valley River Center on 4-27-18 @4:30 PM. Several of us ordered the Ultimate Feast which included crab legs. The waiter, Jim, was snotty and in a bad mood-didn't greet us, frowned throughout, and spent most of his time talking to some friends a few tables away about their personal lives. When our food finally arrived it was cold and the crab legs were so skinny it was like cracking shell on nothing but shell with a splinter of meat that even the crab forks couldn't grab). These meals are not cheap and we expected better from RL. Service-wise as well.

falsify employment by employer

About a year ago I had worked for red lobster in wooster an by a manager I was told I was going to b at...

theft

I am very upset my son ipod was stolen from red lobster in beachwood ohio. He was seated at booth 10 on...

food quality

I ate with a party of eight at Red Lobster here in Tallahassee, Florida on October 6, 2008. The fried shrimp...

terrible service

Red Lobster www.redlobster.com 4645 S 76th St Milwaukee, WI 53220 [protected] Red Lobster terrible...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices