Real Canadian Superstore

Fri:7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:7:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Real Canadian Superstorerefusal to exchange product

I bought a playstation 3 at a Superstore in Spruce Grove Alberta. After 2 months it quit working.

As I live in rural manitoba returning it to the original store was impossible. So I took it to Winnipeg and stopped at the mcphillips st. Superstore. They said they could not exchange it as they were out of stock but told me to go to the Portage Ave. location as they had them in stock.

When I arrived there they asked for my receipt which I gave them. The sales clerk told me that they would not exchange it because it was not bought at that store. I have exchange things at Walmart stores that were bought at different locations and have never had a problem with them.

Now im stuck with having to go to Sony to get warranty and will probably have to pay a pretty penny for shipping.

Superstore is a second rate business and I would strongly recommend that people shop elsewhere.

• Updated by Amit s · Apr 18, 2018

• Updated by Donwon · Sep 29, 2018

Paper had wings on sale for 11 bucks. Go to the store they have the wing but there is a sign that says we can't because the product is available. How is that possible!

Matthew P May 23, 2008

Your return instructions would either be on the receipt or you could have asked at the time of your purchase.

Check with the store so you know what you're getting into before you purchase something from them.

Aside from that, you do have a warranty with SONY. It may be frustrating when a product has issues, but the store is not responsible for the quality of a product--the manufacturer is!

Since you can't typically purchase these items directly from the manufacturer, the stores are only helping to provide products that customers desire.

This is another typical case of a misinformed consumer who will take down the closest person or entity within reach when something goes wrong, instead of going after the company who made the product in the first place.

I deal with this issue all the time as I work for an extended warranty company.

Since taking this job, I have learned so much about my responsibilities as a consumer and it has gotten me a lot further with manfuacturers when I'm having customer service-related issues.

• Oy
    oyuuub Oct 30, 2009

yeah i bought a defective piece of ### ps3 and they wont exchange it. its ### since everywhere it said OPENED ELECTRONICS CAN BE EXCHANGED same with the receipt

superstore is a piece of ###

• Sk
    skd Nov 16, 2009

Superstore really needs re-evaluate their electronic department. I for one feel, they should not have one because they are unable to deals with exchanges and refunds when it relates to that department.

• Su
    SuSuSu Aug 14, 2018

I purchase 7% pickling vinegar at Coquitlam branch Superstore on Jul 29, 2018. On that day the vinegar was split on my laptop and my document. So I complained about this event on the other branch of Superstore, Mission on Aug 6, 2018, to a store manager. But I have not received any response from him or her.

Mariah12345 Aug 15, 2018

Hi,

A week ago I purchased two cans of No Name canned green beans at the North Regina, SK superstore. Tonight, I opened both cans to find they are completely moldy. This is completely unacceptable and a healthy risk!! When I phoned the store, the individual I spoke to did not care and advised me the store manager is unreachable.

• Da
    Darren Turner Aug 20, 2018

Purchased two "easy to peel mandarins" (907g) today, got home and opened the first bag and there was a mould ridden mandarin. I have attached photo of the bag of mandarins and the receipt from the store Winston Churchill 3050 Argentia, Mississauga in Ontario

• Li
    Lisa Ostopchuk Aug 20, 2018

Today we purchased Lindor Eggs. Each individual bag contained rotten inedible chocolate. I cannot return the product as I live 170km away from Edmonton.

• Ly
    Lyne P Aug 20, 2018

Make sure to wash fruits better. Found a fly in my yogurt parfait strawberries and blueberries with almond and granola.

• Am
    Amit s Aug 20, 2018

We were here to get needles for checking insulin and the wait time was 45 min. She could have given us the pack of needles as it was urgent. We decided to wait 45 min as she already took the prescription. Next time I will prefer shoppers as the employees are good and more efficient.

• Mi
    mikesmarine Aug 20, 2018

I have been buying Smoked Yellow Cod from the fresh seafood section of The Superstore on Gateway Rd in Winnipeg for over a year now. I absolutely loved it until opproximately the last couple of months where some of the packages of the cod were so OVERSALTED that I had to throw them out. They were uneatable.

• Vi
    Victor Bilow Aug 28, 2018

Products generally are fair at the Super Store... but our purchase from the Baron rd store Kelowna on Saturday was EXTREME False marking/advertising of a product.

Description was Small Sweet Kale salad with goat cheese and candied pecans?

What was in the container!
    2% Cheese
    2% Kale
    2% Pecans
    94% CABBAGE "CHEAP FILLER"

YUK...

• Re
    Rene Salinas Sep 01, 2018

Buy a coconut thinking that the products are fresh. I took the water and broke the shell and it was moldy. At least he was 3 months old to have those conditions

• Dh
    Dhanoas Sep 01, 2018

Everytime, same lady gave us problem.she always have problem to write something on cake .it was -31 outside nd she said no I can't write it down on it.17 street superstore in Edmonton .

• Di
    DisappointedY Sep 04, 2018

Purchased this product last week and found that one yogurt was leaking from scratches to the plastic container and the other was completely missing the foil lid. I was very concerned about the safety of this product so didn't eat the other two yogurts either although they were sealed. I am concerned about the health risk to others.

• So
    Solomon Williams Sep 06, 2018

Hi,
    I had purchased Garlic mashed potatoes of main ST Bistro today around 4.00 P.m.Photos of product are attached here with, was expired 5 days before that is NOV 7, 2017, from your store # RCSS 1542-100-3633 Westwinds Drive N.E Calgary AB. Ph# 403 590 3319.Please do the needful. Thanks

Solomon Williams.

• St
    Stephanieeee Sep 06, 2018

I called to ask about the quantity of stuff on sale, and I was given a really rude response because apparently there was "a lot of people in line" and I wasn't the person she was expecting to talk to. Extremely rude lady. Should NOT be working in customer service. Kenaston Superstore @ 5:20 pm

Maya 88 Sep 10, 2018

I complain about bakery department all the time we purchased the store bread but this the first time when we eat we found plastic pieces in the bread we never purchase any baker product because we can't trust the store again I will report that to ministry of health.

• Ap
    april 2222 Sep 10, 2018

I often buy pomegranates at Superstore. They are an expensive fruit at about $1.50 - $2 each. I find often enough that they are not ripe, and therefore inedible.
    I just opened one and it was not ripe at all and very bitter. Pomegranates do not ripen more after being picked. Please make sure your suppliers pick them ripened before shipping them.

• Tr
    Tracy1979 Sep 20, 2018

Today as we were grinding coffee we found a rock the size of a coffee bean which got stuck in our grinder. Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I wanted to bring it your attention.

• Do
    Donwon Oct 15, 2018

You advertise chicken wing for 11 bucks then you put a sign up at the store say due to circumstances you don't have any. But you actually do!!

• Pa
    [email protected] k Oct 15, 2018

In St anns superstore the prices are not updated of costly things. Even when customers buy medicine from pharmacy they are not giving gift cards on prescription. But in other superstore customers are getting gift cards on medicine for prescription.

• Ke
    Kelly Lindsay Oct 22, 2018

I have been going to the Superstore in Kelowna every morning since Thursday to pick up the Beef Tenderloin advertised as on sale. As of this morning, it has still not arrived. And no rainchecks offered??? Are you not obligated to actually have the product that you advertise?

Mattwojo Oct 31, 2018

I wasted 30 min cooking two of them only to find two very sharp bones inside of one of them I was more than half way threw the first one when I something wasn't right. There's no reason for bones to be inside them to begin with I'm keeping the bones and finding out what I can do about this what if it was one of my children.

• Am
    Amanda134 Nov 04, 2018

Good morning! I'm not usually one to complain but just wanted to bring this to corporates attention. I found a piece of glass in the crust of my sourdough bread which I purchased from the Seton location in Calgary. Luckily I noticed as soon as I bit into the bite and didn't get any cuts in my mouth.

• As
    Ashley124 Nov 05, 2018

I went grocery shopping when I got to the till they said there was no debit. no sign on the door stating the debit was down, so I had to use the bank machine not just once but twice. I was charged $6 from the atm. I spent almost $300. If I woulda have known before hand I woulda went to my bank first to avoid the bank fees.