Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Logo

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands

Having problems with Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands?

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 22, 2007. The latest review Your employee is texting me vulgar language was posted on Jan 11, 2021. The latest complaint unwanted book club subscription was resolved on Nov 15, 2012. Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 99 reviews. Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands has resolved 48 complaints.

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 6095
Harlan, Iowa

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Complaints & Reviews

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media BrandsYour employee is texting me vulgar language

I missed a call from [protected]. I called it back and a recording came on stating I had won 1.2 million and if I know my party's ext enter it now or press 0 for operator. I press 0 and a gentleman came on. I stated I was notified of my winnings and I could give him my info where and how to send. We were disconnected so I called back. He never did answer but it went to his VM which stated his name. Damien Cassidy. He did sent me a text from the following number [protected] telling me to "go and [censored] your self you [censored]. Many nasty text followed from both of us at this point.
I'm not sure if this is a scam from someone using Reader's digest a part of it or if it is an affiliate of Readers Digest who handle these things but I am going to file a complaint soon. I'd like to hear back from you before I do so I will know it was or was not someone affiliated with reader's digest because I have much respect for them. Thank you, William Jones [protected]

Your employee is texting me vulgar language

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media BrandsReceiving unwanted books with no way to cancel now login in

receiving unwanted books for two months April and May 2020 with no way to cancel.. We are refusing to accept nor pay anymore unauthorized collection will be reported to Virginia Consumer Protection. account number on bill [protected]. All access is dead end via login screen. requesting all money payed to returned as this a scam to older people. using bank EFTs once check is mailed. account number from Reader Digest [protected]

Receiving unwanted books with no way to cancel now login in

Sep 03, 2019

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands — unauthorized purchase/bill for a book

9/3/2019 Received a unauthorized hard cover book in the mail with a bill for $32.91. I did not ordered nor do...

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brandsreader's digest publication

Today I received the 3rd or 4th copy of this magazine which I never ordered and do not want. I have returned every copy and sent a letter to stop sending me this magazine but no one listens to me or fixes the problem. Today the copy has an enclosed bill. This is fraud. I do not owe you anything, I did not order this and I do not want it. If you don't cease and desist immediately and send me an apology letter, I will be forced to notify outside agencies and my attorney.

Immediately, stop service and billing to:
      Cathy Stevens 8749 E. Golden Cholla Drive. Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

Also I HAVEN'T LIVED THERE FOR 2 MONTHS !

Readers Digest — unsolicited books

Readers Digest sends my mother hard cover books that she has not requested, plus enclosed invoices., with no...

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brandsreader's digest

Contacted Reader's Digest, they can not stop my subscription as I 'ordered it from a different agency'. I don't remember what agency, it was a school promo from my grand-daughter 2 years ago! I want to cancel as I don't read it. Only indication is it is from PO Box in Harlan IA. I haven't found a way to contact them!! They have my subscription now extended to Jan/19. Did NOT receive a renewal notice, and don't want to pay for something I don't want anymore!

• Updated by Misinfo · Jan 27, 2018

Contacted REAL Reader's Digest and gave me info to contact the school organization I ordered from. Made a call to them and now supposedly is cancelled...Will update if needed...

Readers Digest — annoying

I wrote them an email asking to cancel because we didn't need their books. Nothing can't stop them...

Dale

Readers Digest — book

You have sent me 2 collection letters about some readers digest books. I have subscribed to a readers digest...

Readers Digestcondensed books-cust #[protected]

I received another letter, this one threatening to cut off my subscription to condensed books for non-payment. You need to do a better job of posting your payments. My bill-pay at bank shows 1 book pd on 11/17/15 and the other paid on 11/23/15. I would think you've had ample time to apply to my account. Please check your A/R. Thank you. Beverly Jacobson 2920 S Wright Ave Superior, WI 54880

Readers Digest — stolen money

We decided not renew our subscription to Readers Digest and told them so. Of course they ignored this request...

Port Hope

Reader,s Digesta book I did not order

I keep getting books from readers digest, that I did not order. I would Like for it to stop.
            Thanks, Dolores Prescott. This is the account that they put on the bill they sent. [protected]
            this is my e-mail. [protected]@gmail.com

KrystalRD Feb 12, 2013

Hello, I work for Reader's Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I am sorry to learn that you received a book you did not wish to purchase. I have stopped the billing for the book and sent a postage paid return label to your address.

If you need any further assistance you can call or email us.
                [protected]
                [email protected]

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

Chelsea
                Customer Care

Reader's Digest — No my legal name and only give me emai account and let me pay their money

Hi there, Today I have got pay bill from reader's digest again. I really have no idea about it. There bill...

Readers Digestunwanted book club subscription

The same complaint as everyone who accidentally entered the Sweepstakes without noticing that they entered me in the book club. Then kept billing me $30.52 after I had immediately cancelled and been notified that I could ignore any bill. Thanks for providing the customer service phone number, because once you locate the number and speak to someone they are very courteous and will cancel your subscription if you politely insist. The problem is, I had to call them three times to do this, and they keep that number hidden.

Readers Digestavoid this company at all costs

They shipped a paperback crossword puzzle book to me that I did not order and are hassling me to pay for it. On the outside, it clearly read: free gift enclosed. Nothing else. I had no reason to suspect that there was no free gift enclosed, just something they wanted to sell to me, something they expected me to buy. Once I opened it, I could not write "refused" on it and return it to the post office. I had to repackage it and pay to return it. I say it aside. I don't do puzzles and neither does my husband. We are 74 and 73 years old. This is the similar to something they tried to do to us a few years ago and we had to write another letter. They finally backed off, apologized and dropped their efforts to get us to pay for something we did not order. But what they are doing is hurting us. It is taking us away from time we don't have and causing us stress. Isn't there something that can be done about this? Surely it is not a legal business practice! I have the packaging and its contents. I'd be glad to send all of it, along with the letter i've written to them with a copy to you and the bbb. Please help. I'm sure there are other seniors like us who just caved it to avoid the pressure they're exerting. Still others trekked to the post office and paid the price to return the junk mail. For your help, we are appreciative.

• De
                    deepak kedia Jun 03, 2016

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

AFTER GETTTING TELEPHONIC CONFIRMATION FROM MUMBAI OFFICE, THEN ONLY I HAD RETURNED SELECTED EDITIONS BOOKS OF READERS Digest.the matter is penig for last three years, 7so many mails i had forwarded, but till i havent received payment. i had all the mails copy with me.

dear sir/madam,

i have send the books through air state courier, the docket no 103450, dt.15/03/2007.

and the same is being received by you, i have received the acknowledge copy of the documents.

kindly let me know about my cheque .
                    please let me know as it is very urgent for me.

kinldy help me in this matter and get my payment earliest.

KrystalRD Nov 07, 2012

Hello. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

Let us assure you it is not our intention to cause you any undue stress. It is not our practice to knowingly place any orders without specific authorization. I am providing our contact information below.

[protected]
                    [email protected]

If you call or email us directly to request a postage paid return label, one of our agents will be most happy to assist you.

Krystal

reader;s digestdid not order

I DID NOT ORDER any book or anything else from you or any other company. You said I order VOL 4-12 THE BUNGLOW AN YOU ARE CHARGING ME $31.29 I DID NOT ORDER THIS I DID NOT GET THIS SO PLEASE DON'T SEND ME ANYMORE BILLS. I 'M NOT PAYING YOU ANYTHING ACC # [protected] IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS Call me at [protected]

KrystalRD Sep 17, 2012

Hello. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your posts. I wanted to confirm that we have taken care of this for each of you.

The balance for Vol 4-12 The Bunglow has been removed from each of your accounts. Please disregard any further billing invoices you may receive for this book. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us at [protected] or e-mail us directly at [email protected]

Krystal

• Dv
                      Dvd Avins Sep 10, 2012

I just got the exact same bill. I neither ordered nor received the misspelled book/journal/whatever (volumes 1-4). Now I have a past-due bill. The website referenced to pay the bill is the actual Reader's Digest website.If the snail mail address (PO BOX 80010/PRESCOTT AZ/[protected]) also belongs to them, then this is fraud on reader's Digest part. If not, it is a scam by somebody else, probably with access to their records, as i did a few months ago get a free subscription (to the magazine, not to "THE BUNGLOW") as part of a promotion..

Readers Digestfalse contest

I recieved a piece of paper telling me to go to there website and play the ssvault game and unlock the vault and win money well went to this so called site but no contest or anything for this i really think someone should really investigate this sweepstake company aka books cuz its all lies everything they send out is lies

• Rd
                        RDC Customer Care May 15, 2012

My name is Sylvie. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I am sorry that you were unable to find the contest at rd.ca/ssvault. If you are using Google or another search engine, it is possible that you will not find it. When you have a web address (URL), all you need to do is type it into the address bar.

I’ve included a screenshot to show where you should type the address. This will take you directly to the contest and you may then enter.

I hope you will try again.

Sylvie Robert
                        E-Care Coordinator

Comments

Readers Digest Nikon S6200 Camera — not available in our area

I have received an entry card from Readers Digest about the Nikon S6200 Camera. The card does not say that it...

Readers Digestwwww.rd.ca/ssvault

Readers Digest should be investigated regarding cash give a ways to get orders for videos or books etc.
                      Have received mail since may 2011 with promises Millions of $ will be paid out, however no one has received the promised winnings.
                      Also the invoicing and statements are never correct.
                      I feel the company has perfected the SCAM ARTIST business.

Reader's DigestSweepstakes Entry's being returned

I have been entering sweepstakes to Reader’s Digest for years.
                        I recently mailed out - Entry Form: OH 1634 P,
                        Assigned Plan Code: MI/10 with Return of this validated form by
                        April 19, 2012.
                        Today, on Saturday, March 24, 2012 I received in my mailbox the exact same envelope I just mailed out to Reader's Digest with:
                        ‘RETURN TO SENDER: READERS DIGEST, BOX CLOSED, UNABLE TO FORWARD, RETURN TO SENDER dated 03/22/12 plus
                        a lot of other numbers.

This needs to be investigated, please.

Readers Digest — they [ick sending me books I never ordered and the last book I returned it bck with out opening it and they are still billing me for it.

I Steven Sanchez have received numerous books from readers digest, but I have never ordered these books. I...