Menu
Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands
reviews & complaints

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

100 complaints
48 resolved 52 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
4:47 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - Unsolicited Books

I have received unsolicited hardcover books from Reader's Digest and they are demanding payment. Neither I nor my husband have engaged RD to send anything to out home beyond their monthly magazine. I believe that this is the most dishonest of vendor practices and obviously aimed at senior citizens that they consider to be vulnerable. I am hoping for a resolution to this matter in my case, as well as the many other that I believe to be affected.

Patricia Seaton

Desired outcome: I want them to STOP sending me anything

T
4:14 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - Your employee is texting me vulgar language

I missed a call from 1-800-208-5494. I called it back and a recording came on stating I had won 1.2 million and if I know my party's ext enter it now or press 0 for operator. I press 0 and a gentleman came on. I stated I was notified of my winnings and I could give him my info where and how to send. We were disconnected so I called back. He never did answer but it went to his VM which stated his name. Damien Cassidy. He did sent me a text from the following number 903-522-4172 telling me to "go and fuck your self you dick face. Many nasty text followed from both of us at this point.
I'm not sure if this is a scam from someone using Reader's digest a part of it or if it is an affiliate of Readers Digest who handle these things but I am going to file a complaint soon. I'd like to hear back from you before I do so I will know it was or was not someone affiliated with reader's digest because I have much respect for them. Thank you, William Jones 704-880-7191

Desired outcome: Employee Fired.

E
8:53 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - Receiving unwanted books with no way to cancel now login in

receiving unwanted books for two months April and May 2020 with no way to cancel.. We are refusing to accept nor pay anymore unauthorized collection will be reported to Virginia Consumer Protection. account number on bill 00258533663. All access is dead end via login screen. requesting all money payed to returned as this a scam to older people. using bank EFTs once check is mailed. account number from Reader Digest 829824754

R
3:32 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

9/3/2019 Received a unauthorized hard cover book in the mail with a bill for $32.91. I did not ordered nor do I want any books from Reader's Digest. I have a subscription with Reader's Digest and the Taste of Home subscription. Which now, I will never, never, subscribe any more magazines from this company. Reader's Digest have lost their credibility. This a fraud or a scam. I am so mad that this has happened to me.

S
8:38 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - reader's digest publication

Today I received the 3rd or 4th copy of this magazine which I never ordered and do not want. I have returned every copy and sent a letter to stop sending me this magazine but no one listens to me or fixes the problem. Today the copy has an enclosed bill. This is fraud. I do not owe you anything, I did not order this and I do not want it. If you don't cease and desist immediately and send me an apology letter, I will be forced to notify outside agencies and my attorney.

Immediately, stop service and billing to:
Cathy Stevens 8749 E. Golden Cholla Drive. Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

Also I HAVEN'T LIVED THERE FOR 2 MONTHS !

E
11:57 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Readers Digest sends my mother hard cover books that she has not requested, plus enclosed invoices., with no accompanying phone numbers to call and request this "service" cease. Her caregivers have returned the packages unopened, yet the charges have continued to accumulate. She is 87, with 24/7 care and no longer reads books. How do I get them to stop? This is not right! She thinks these are bills she must pay.

M
8:50 am

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - reader's digest

Contacted Reader's Digest, they can not stop my subscription as I 'ordered it from a different agency'. I don't remember what agency, it was a school promo from my grand-daughter 2 years ago! I want to cancel as I don't read it. Only indication is it is from PO Box in Harlan IA. I haven't found a way to contact them! They have my subscription now extended to Jan/19. Did NOT receive a renewal notice, and don't want to pay for something I don't want anymore!

Update by Misinfo
Jan 27, 2018 9:44 am

Contacted REAL Reader's Digest and gave me info to contact the school organization I ordered from. Made a call to them and now supposedly is cancelled...Will update if needed...

J
7:26 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I wrote them an email asking to cancel because we didn't need their books. Nothing can't stop them from sending them to me and billing for their crap. I cancelled four times, returned all the books they sent. And 5 months I was leading a normal life. But they started it again. Oh, come on get your stuff together and leave me alone. Give my money back and send your books to someone who's really interested.

12:52 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

You have sent me 2 collection letters about some readers digest books. I have subscribed to a readers digest magazine but not to books. I can no longer see to read small type or long books at my age of 73. For several years now. You refer to an acct. #RDB00256768185. Please remove my name from future collection notices and also any effort to harm my credit.

B
9:47 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - condensed books-cust #00076597301

I received another letter, this one threatening to cut off my subscription to condensed books for non-payment. You need to do a better job of posting your payments. My bill-pay at bank shows 1 book pd on 11/17/15 and the other paid on 11/23/15. I would think you've had ample time to apply to my account. Please check your A/R. Thank you. Beverly Jacobson 2920 S Wright Ave Superior, WI 54880

11:58 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We decided not renew our subscription to Readers Digest and told them so. Of course they ignored this request and charged our credit card $32.98. When we complained about this they returned $21.98 to the credit card keeping $10.99 we complained about this oversight they ignored us again. They haven't returned any emails or money.What right do these crook...

2:57 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - a book I did not order

I keep getting books from readers digest, that I did not order. I would Like for it to stop.
Thanks, Dolores Prescott. This is the account that they put on the bill they sent. 00255432213
this is my e-mail. [email protected]

1 comment
K

Hello, I work for Reader's Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I am sorry to learn that you received a book you did not wish to purchase. I have stopped the billing for the book and sent a postage paid return label to your address.

If you need any further assistance you can call or email us.
[protected]
[email protected]

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

Chelsea
Customer Care

A
4:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi there, Today I have got pay bill from reader's digest again. I really have no idea about it. There bill no my legal name and so on. It only shows my nickname. Their email often came to my inbox, so I had cancled their email, but now they mail their paper mail to me. So I do think government need to stop them to do it, ok? Thanks, Antony liu

T
12:46 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - unwanted book club subscription

The same complaint as everyone who accidentally entered the Sweepstakes without noticing that they entered me in the book club. Then kept billing me $30.52 after I had immediately cancelled and been notified that I could ignore any bill. Thanks for providing the customer service phone number, because once you locate the number and speak to someone they are very courteous and will cancel your subscription if you politely insist. The problem is, I had to call them three times to do this, and they keep that number hidden.

6:21 am

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - avoid this company at all costs

They shipped a paperback crossword puzzle book to me that I did not order and are hassling me to pay for it. On the outside, it clearly read: free gift enclosed. Nothing else. I had no reason to suspect that there was no free gift enclosed, just something they wanted to sell to me, something they expected me to buy. Once I opened it, I could not write "refused" on it and return it to the post office. I had to repackage it and pay to return it. I say it aside. I don't do puzzles and neither does my husband. We are 74 and 73 years old. This is the similar to something they tried to do to us a few years ago and we had to write another letter. They finally backed off, apologized and dropped their efforts to get us to pay for something we did not order. But what they are doing is hurting us. It is taking us away from time we don't have and causing us stress. Isn't there something that can be done about this? Surely it is not a legal business practice! I have the packaging and its contents. I'd be glad to send all of it, along with the letter i've written to them with a copy to you and the bbb. Please help. I'm sure there are other seniors like us who just caved it to avoid the pressure they're exerting. Still others trekked to the post office and paid the price to return the junk mail. For your help, we are appreciative.

2 comments
Jun 03, 2016 8:20 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

AFTER GETTTING TELEPHONIC CONFIRMATION FROM MUMBAI OFFICE, THEN ONLY I HAD RETURNED SELECTED EDITIONS BOOKS OF READERS Digest.the matter is penig for last three years, 7so many mails i had forwarded, but till i havent received payment. i had all the mails copy with me.

dear sir/madam,

i have send the books through air state courier, the docket no 103450, dt.15/03/2007.

and the same is being received by you, i have received the acknowledge copy of the documents.

kindly let me know about my cheque .
please let me know as it is very urgent for me.

kinldy help me in this matter and get my payment earliest.

Nov 07, 2012 11:30 am

Hello. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

Let us assure you it is not our intention to cause you any undue stress. It is not our practice to knowingly place any orders without specific authorization. I am providing our contact information below.

[protected]
[email protected]

If you call or email us directly to request a postage paid return label, one of our agents will be most happy to assist you.

Krystal

R
3:14 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - did not order

I DID NOT ORDER any book or anything else from you or any other company. You said I order VOL 4-12 THE BUNGLOW AN YOU ARE CHARGING ME $31.29 I DID NOT ORDER THIS I DID NOT GET THIS SO PLEASE DON'T SEND ME ANYMORE BILLS. I 'M NOT PAYING YOU ANYTHING ACC # 00251197265 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS Call me at 518-481-5949

2 comments
Sep 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your posts. I wanted to confirm that we have taken care of this for each of you.

The balance for Vol 4-12 The Bunglow has been removed from each of your accounts. Please disregard any further billing invoices you may receive for this book. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us at [protected] or e-mail us directly at [email protected]rd.com.

Krystal

Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am

I just got the exact same bill. I neither ordered nor received the misspelled book/journal/whatever (volumes 1-4). Now I have a past-due bill. The website referenced to pay the bill is the actual Reader's Digest website.If the snail mail address (PO BOX 80010/PRESCOTT AZ/[protected]) also belongs to them, then this is fraud on reader's Digest part. If not, it is a scam by somebody else, probably with access to their records, as i did a few months ago get a free subscription (to the magazine, not to "THE BUNGLOW") as part of a promotion..

12:01 pm

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - false contest

I recieved a piece of paper telling me to go to there website and play the ssvault game and unlock the vault and win money well went to this so called site but no contest or anything for this i really think someone should really investigate this sweepstake company aka books cuz its all lies everything they send out is lies

1 comment

My name is Sylvie. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I am sorry that you were unable to find the contest at rd.ca/ssvault. If you are using Google or another search engine, it is possible that you will not find it. When you have a web address (URL), all you need to do is type it into the address bar.

I’ve included a screenshot to show where you should type the address. This will take you directly to the contest and you may then enter.

I hope you will try again.

Sylvie Robert
E-Care Coordinator

M
3:55 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have received an entry card from Readers Digest about the Nikon S6200 Camera. The card does not say that it is only good in a certain Province or Country. When I entered (readersdigest.ca/coolpix) it took me to a site that doesn't have a place to enter the access code of 72449. I don't appreciate the fact that this is sent to a Canadian address but...

B
11:28 am

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - wwww.rd.ca/ssvault

Readers Digest should be investigated regarding cash give a ways to get orders for videos or books etc.
Have received mail since may 2011 with promises Millions of $ will be paid out, however no one has received the promised winnings.
Also the invoicing and statements are never correct.
I feel the company has perfected the SCAM ARTIST business.

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - Sweepstakes Entry's being returned

I have been entering sweepstakes to Reader’s Digest for years.
I recently mailed out - Entry Form: OH 1634 P,
Assigned Plan Code: MI/10 with Return of this validated form by
April 19, 2012.
Today, on Saturday, March 24, 2012 I received in my mailbox the exact same envelope I just mailed out to Reader's Digest with:
‘RETURN TO SENDER: READERS DIGEST, BOX CLOSED, UNABLE TO FORWARD, RETURN TO SENDER dated 03/22/12 plus
a lot of other numbers.

This needs to be investigated, please.

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands contacts