Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Logo

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands

Having problems with Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands?

PO Box 6095
Harlan, Iowa

Complaints & Reviews

STEALING IDENTITY

I received in the mail a letter from Reader's Digest. The letter came in a plain white envelope, post marked from Canada. It also had a check in it for $3, 481.10. The check was made out from AIG Annuity Insurance Company The letter said I had won a lump sum payout of $255, 069.00. The check I received was to cover any charges that may be required befor I recive my funds. It was singed by Jonathan Walsh, Prize Disbursement. Nice pictuer of him too. To receive my funds I was to contact Paul Givon or Erika Cohn at [protected] to activate my claim before I deposit the check in my bank. When I called the man was very Vague about how I won the money. He said I had to put the check in my bank and then call him back. At that point he would get the information he need to put the rest of the money into my account. Big Red Flag went up in my head. I looked Reader's Digest up on the internet. Checked for Sweepstakes rip off and found out the letter was a rip off. My big concern is people who would take this serious and not think to look in to it before they put the money in the bank.

RDC Customer Care Jul 07, 2011

My name is Sylvie. I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

Thanks for pointing out that the letter you received was fraudulent. Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous people out there who will use the Reader’s Digest name (and others) to try to part people with their money.

I just wanted to mention that you should never have to pay to receive a prize that you have won from a reputable company. Reader’s Digest does not require any such payment.

For more Fraud Prevention Tips, you can go to rd.com, and click on Customer Care at the bottom of the page.

Thanks again for taking the time to make people aware.

Sylvie Robert
    E-Care Coordinator
    Reader’s Digest

received book I didn't order

I received the book 1001 Home Remedies, that i didn't order, i am also concerned about the opening or a credit account, that i didn't request.
The book came with a bill for £18.98 - £14.99 for the book plus postage.
This book is on Amazon for £5.00 new.
What a rip-off
No instruction on sending the book back and customer service permanently busy. emails sent to them, but not holding my breathe after reading other complaints

Junk Mail Sold Information

My mom bought me a subscription in December. Several weeks later, I started receiving a flood of junk mail from third parties. The reason I know it was RD is because they spelled my name incorrectly both on my RD subscription and on every piece of junk mail. It is now mid-April and I am still receiving 4 or 5 pieces of junk mail a week. I called 10 of the companies and now write "return to sender" on my mail. In addition, I have gone to catalogChoice.org and selected some to remove my name from. Not all the companies are listed, however. Has anyone had this problem and what was their solution? Is it even legal for RD to sell my information since I personally never signed an agreement form for this?

• Ju
    JunkMailIsAnnoying Apr 14, 2011

access code supplied not accepted

Included with my Readers Digest was a chance to win 1 of 3 Nintendo Wii. When I logged on to the website and...

did not order, did not receive

Received a bill today addressed to t lewis 714 lake forest drive, vicksburg, ms 39183 for $31.00 past due for...

URL not found

My name is sylvie and i work for reader's digest in customer care.

If you are trying to find the link www.Rd.Ca/ssvault through a search engine (Google, yahoo, etc.), it is possible that you will not be able to access the website to enter the contest. Some of our contests are "by invitation only" and also cannot be found through our main website.

To access the url provided on the card you received, you must type it in the address bar of your web browser (See attached).

You may also click "file" then "open" in your web browser (For example, internet explorer) and type the address in the space provided. Be sure to type the address in lower case as upper case may not work.

If you are using web tv or aol, you may be unable to access the website.

If you have any questions, you can view our faqs at www.Rd.Ca/contact.

Sylvie robert
E-care coordinator
Reader's digest canada

URL not found

unable to stop even ater notified

Starts by Sending Free Books! Then start Shipping Aditional Books About every 6 to 8 Weeks! Tried Refusing...

bill for something that I did not order

READERS DIGEST CHRISTMAS LIST I will not pay for something that I did order billed 30.71 for Vol 5-10...

www.readersdigest.ca/ipod

My name is Sylvie and I work for Reader's Digest in Customer Care.

If you are trying to find the link through a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.), it is possible that you will not be able to access the website to enter the contest. Some of our contests are "by invitation only" and also cannot be found through our main website.

To access the URL provided on the card you received, you must type it in the address bar of your web browser.

You may also click "File" then "Open" in your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer) and type the address in the space provided. Be sure to type the address in lower case as upper case may not work.

Sylvie Robert
E-Care Coordinator
Reader's Digest Canada

MannyBB Feb 25, 2019

Attn.
    Sylvie
    Reader's Digest Customer Service

iPod touch contest not accessible

After entering access code the following message appears
    "sorry, the access number you entered is incorrect"
    Are we being played for fools by Reader's Digest?????????

unsolicited mail

Hi I am really annoyed at readers digest, I recevied a book through my door that I never ordered, in fact I...

2 comments Middlesbrough Books

sweepstakes fraud

I received a letter allegedly from Readers Digest Ref: # RDT57-R988, addressed at 1125 16th Ave. Roosevelt...

non payment of vppp article

We are also surprised to see your complaint about non payment of VPP article of Reader digest subscription vide VPP Receipt No P-58981 dated 8 march 2010 for Rs 449/. In this connection to lodge my complaint through you, that This vpp book parcel not accepted by me and returned with remarks that not given any consent to received this parcel. I surprised to see this note first time from the Indian Today as well as Reader Digest. I am the oldest subscriber of tese magazine. No account is outstanding in my name.
I also inform you that One reader digest received from India Today Group in the name of Mr P.Gupta vide subscription No 09-MI-299-ROD9000099657/0-1005 nothing else.
I contact personally to go to Postoffice and find out correct position about this missing parcel.

Thanking you,

Sincerely yours

P.D.Gupta
3/114, Prem Nagar, Dayalbagh, Agra-282005 E-mail [protected]@rediffmail.com, Mob [protected]

www.rd.ca/vault

My name is Sylvie and I work for Reader's Digest in Customer Care.

To access it, click "File" then "Open" in your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer) and type the address in the space provided. Be sure to type the address in lower case as upper case may not work.

jacob P. Siemens Mar 31, 2010

Your CASH free entry ...DOES NOT WORK!!!
    Why advertise what does open??????????????????????????

RDC Customer Care Apr 01, 2010

I am sorry to learn that you have been unable to access the URL but I can assure you that the contest is open and that it does work.

If you continue to experience difficulties, I invite you to call our Customer Care Centre at 1-800-465-0780 or to visit us at rd.ca/contact.

Sylvie
    Reader's Digest Customer Care

RDC Customer Care Aug 02, 2010

• Mu
    Muktada Islam Mar 09, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,
    After returning from extensive vacation overseas last night I saw your bill for products I do not recall ordering.An organization like yours should not avail cheap pretexes to hook-up customers in undesirable manner.
    You are threatening me for collection, I see rather complaining to consumer, s affairs for such indecent act.
    Please see that you remove my name immediately from your mailing list as I do not intend to receive and pay for the digest.Two copies you mailed me are still in original packing and if you wish I can return them
    through post if U agree to pick up the tab.

Sincerely yours,
    Muktada Islam

• Mg
    m,g. j. Aug 23, 2012

Hi
    I'm Gerri and very angry, I was able to access the page to input the access code, which I did, and was told that it was incorrect, this has happened before with other contests.
    Are you just getting names to sell or are these contests really what you say?
    It would be nice to know the founding company of your magazine hasn't stopped being one of the best, but your contests leave one wondering.

billed for unordered merchandise

I received a Reader's Digest book a couple of months ago. I did not order it. A month later I received...

select editions

I also received a condense book in the mail with a cheap toy. When I last Dec 09 I was told my account wa...

Unsolicited VPP & Recipt of unordered book on 15-02-2010

Sub:Regd.V.P.P. packet (for Rs 449 only)SRT Nagar
P.O.VPP, P-06641,
09-RDRE09-RD09000078516/1-1001

TO,
The CEO/MD/PRO/CS Manager,

I the customer of RD, am experiencing immense grief to bring it to your notice that i have been duped by RD .

The India Today group has my knowledge goes is renowned for over many years now.
Iam sure you realise that a foul word of mouth by its customer can leave a deep scar or a black mark on its reputation built over the years. This unfortunate morning [protected]) at 11:30 A.M. a packet has been delivered to my residence with the name Sub:Regd.V.P.P. packet (for Rs 449 only)SRT Nagar on it from RD.

I regret to say it was delivered to my residence in my absence.My family unaware of what it was asked the delivery man a sbout it.He in turn collected Rs.472 saying that "she is supposed to pay him to collect the VPP, for the order placed by me".(which obviously i haven't).

I would like to know from you why you want to dupe me in this way.I hereby bring it your attention that i have not placed any order as such for any printed book what so ever with you.So i will not tolerate any such inconvenience caused by you.Like i said i am reputed customer of RD who has enjoyed reading its past issues but hereafter i would regret the inconvenience caused by RD to me.Strangely i find no reason why i should subscribe to RD in future.
I have been deeply hurt by the inconvenience caused.Your kind jesture to return my hard earned money will do me a favour & gain my confidence in RD.
My wife has paid the delivery man Rs 472 under the impression that i have actually placed this order, on the basis of what the delivery man said.After the delivery man left, she has opened the package to see what was in it.Alas!, she found a printed book in it (which is of no worth to us) and which was unordered.Moreover on the innercover of the book it says, "NOT FOR SALE, A FREE COPY ISSUED TO RD CUSTOMERS" I regret to say I AM ONE.
So i hereby request you to make arrangements to take this unsolicited VPP (unordered book)back and pay back the amount of Rs472 to the address mentioned as below.
Prashant Shenoy
#1285, 2nd floor
6th main, 2nd stage
A Block, Rajajinagar,
Blore-560010.
Mob:[protected].

A week has already gone by after i'v sent a complaint via email to and i'v had no response from you.You are only continuing to add to my agony.

I believe it is your utmost priority to take back this unordred parcel and let me get my hard earned money back.
Please oblige.

Awaiting a quick response.

Prashant Shenoy
#1285, 2nd floor
6th main, 2nd stage
A Block, Rajajinagar,
Blore-560010.
Mob:[protected].

3 free gifts

See the readers digest complaint reports, of which there are many. We receive a post card from Reader...

no answer at phone #

Got letter that I won 65, 000 3rd Place in Readers Digest. I was told to deposit check for 3, 048 to cover...

1,000,000 fraud

yep ah receipt that one millon dollar check giveaway too. whata hoot, A envelope from canada, from a auto...

non-receipt of regular copy of reader digest

Sir, this is in reference to your letter dated 27.09.2009. My subscription No. is RD09000112876 and customer ID No. LMI606100. I have only received till date two issues i.e. for Sept, 2009 and Oct., 2009. Please check my subscription date and send the previous issues, if any and also ensure proper supply of further issues till the subscription ends.

Dr S D Kashyap
e.mail. [protected]@yahoo.com
Mobile [protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices