Menu
Xulon Press
reviews & complaints

Xulon Press
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

12 complaints
0 resolved 12 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Xulon Press. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
11:41 pm

Xulon Press - No royalties received

I am Hazel Ann Gibbs De Peza. In 2007, Xulon Press was paid to publish my book, My Faith Spiritual Baptist Christian. After the publication and my own personal purchase of books, I have not received correspondence from Xulon Press. I have never received Royalties and my book is being sought after and sales are being made but I am receiving nothing.

Desired outcome: Payment of Royalties

D
8:32 pm

Xulon Press - Royalties

I wrote a book using their publishing company. The book was out in October 2020. I have been requesting Royalties for last 4months. I have sent faxes of w9, sent emails, made phone calls, spoke to my rep and the person you make monthly payments to however NO Check, no return calls...

I am eager to begin my next book project, however am leery in doing so. The process of getting the book completed was great, so I am really at a loss of words on how I am being treated on the back end of things. Very un-professional. I reached out to the Sales Executive who I sold me the Book Package deal to begin with to see if she could help, however she never replied to my email.

This is very disheartening to say the least.

I am in no means slandering. This is the Gods Honest Truth. I am praying this can be resolved sooner than later.

Desired outcome: Royalties due to me to be paid out

Update by daniellemcdole
Dec 02, 2021 3:51 pm

I can say that as of today December 2, 2021 I have received my Royalties. Not sure if this complaint helped. I did call about 3 weeks ago and was told it will take 7-8 weeks and he remembers me emailing them.

Thank you Lord.

5 comments

This is the first time I am writing a complaint as I never pursued anything after Xulon published my book in 2012. As of this day, I have not received a dime of my royalties. My book is called" From darkness into his marvelous light". It saddens me to see more people have also been left out of theirs as well.

H
Jan 11, 2022 11:31 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I published my book with Xulon Press since 2007. My book is in demand and being bought but I have never received any Royalty from the Xulon Press company. I wish that this can be corrected. Seeing that so many people have gone through the same trauma, I wonder if there will be any reprieve.

Dec 02, 2021 1:57 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I published my book in September of 2020 and Xulon press keeps saying that there are no sales for the last 10 months yet I have seen friends and family who have purchased my book from different vendors including Amazon. My account presentative JJ and now CW does not follow up with my emails or phone calls. My relationship with Xulon Press had a good start and now this business partnership has turned very sour. I will not be using Xulon Press for my next book. The sales report posted on my account does not show the accurate royalties due. I am tired and fed up with chasing the people at Xulon to rectify the situation and address my concerns. God knows the situation and I will be vindicated in due season. I will take my business elsewhere.
Desired outcome: Royalties due to out to me to be paid out.

Dec 02, 2021 5:24 pm
Replying to comment of

Fantastic for your great news. Happy for you. It has been almost a year and I am losing hope. Clients should NOT have to make a formal complaint on a public platform for Xulon to operate with integrity and clean up their business practice.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

B. Nichols To:[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] Thu, Nov 26 at 1:49 PM ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: B. Nichols To: [email protected] ; Jessica Brown ; Sylvia Burleigh ; Sylvia Burleigh Sent...

6:36 pm

Xulon Press - Product and services

I too have been had by xulon press. I tried to keep a positive attitude and trust they would be up front, honest and match their hype.
I published one book with them in 2018 with few problems. However, the 2nd book, after nearly 8 months, I am sooo disappointed, disgusted, frustrated and regretful that I went with xulon press a second time.
I jumped through all the hoops to get my book published to meet my september deadline. I can't find the words to describe how unbelievably disgusted, disappointed and frustrated I am. Yes, they insist the client pay fully up front, before the book can go to press and I did - once paid... They forget about you and it!
And the ridiculous excuses they make! Sounds like the excuses from kids and they lie... This clearly shows the company is not even trying to correct the situation - I can't get return calls or emails - they changed my account team members several times - each time the service got worse - the
Employees, can't even do an adequate follow up!

Please, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere if you're wanting to publish your book!
It is not to my liking to post a complaint, I feel in this case, the company drove me to this.

1 comment
F
Mar 03, 2021 4:37 pm

I believe you, every word

K
10:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am the co-author of the book Carrying Divine: My Rwanda Genocide Survivor story. (Kristin Ponce' Baker). My friend Henriette Nyirarukundu Ngenga, the heroine of the book, just contacted me to tell me she has not received any royalty payments in over two years but has been traveling and speaking and sold thousands of books. I specifically chose a CHRISTIAN...

E
1:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid this company to do a lot according to my package plus two editing processing at extra cost and they did not do much editing of the manuscript. The editors did not read my manuscript it looks like they used a type of software to do the work for them. I remember years back publishers cared about their authors, now it is all about making a buck and...

D
2:33 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I published my book with Xulon press two years ago but I have yet to receive any money. They claim you keep the majority of your money which is a lie . They have a big book distributor which gets 55 percent and they receive a big chunk also. This leaves you with a dime or quarter from every book. My book was crtique. I t was in a christian magazine that...

A
11:39 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I strongly suggest that authors stay far, far away from this company. Basically, I have flushed $4k down the toilet, not to mention my time. As many others have stated, if this is a Christian company, no wonder the world is in chaos. As a person who holds a degree in journalism and has been in the graphics business for 30 years, please take my advice. From...

J
4:10 pm

Xulon Press - Service

I also went out on a limb and signed up with them to have a book published. Once the book: 'Gifts from the Ashes' was completed and published, NO support was available for promoting. They say once the bill is paid in full, they will be doing more. That's NOT what I was promised by their sales rep Eric Sullivan. I was told that because they are part of Salem, that it would be promoted in numerous ways. I can't even get it promoted on Crosswalk. SO, SO heartbroken. I am elderly and wrote this book 18 yrs. after my son's demise. I am handicapped and I can't tell you how many hours I spent writing this book (370 pages) and putting it together to get my son's 6 poems published and to help other Bereaved Parents. Just more additional grief. $3200 which I couldn't afford all gone. They say they are Christian. I see no difference between their 'fruit' and that of a swindler. So, so sad.

View 0 more photos
Update by Jude Gibbs
Jul 10, 2017 4:27 pm

In addition, I only receive about $4 on each book sold...Again...NOT AT ALL the way it was represented.

1 comment
G
Dec 07, 2017 9:29 am

Dear Xulon:
I need some help. I need to know what books I have with you, four I believe, and what the cost4 is for each.
Thank you. God bless.
George L Miller
I

A
2:06 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They do so little for so much money. They tell you if you want to have your book to sell you have to spend more money to get the word out. But your book doesn't sell. I question their business and accounting practices. I in fact filed a complaint with the BBB and the FBI. Which I recommend everyone doing.

W
3:04 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Xulon Press does care only about money...the company lied to me telling me they'd add in pages before publishing and then released the book without my approval to the public with blank pages!! I am completely outraged***a friend referred me to them to entrust my ministry to them of poetry and I am so deeply disappointed that I am hiring a lawyer especially...

C
8:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I searched this company and found there are several complaints concerning this company’s bate and switch policy and the cancel order policy. I placed an order and called the next day requesting cancellation. The company refused. I and my husband expressed our complaint concerning the fraudulent practice of this company. I was not surprised to find several...

Xulon Press contacts