Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Logo

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands

Having problems with Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands?

PO Box 6095
Harlan, Iowa

Complaints & Reviews

Fraud and scam

Why is it, I cannot link on to a readers digest contest. I received a card with Julys 2008 readers digest telling me how to enter the nintendo wii contest. The web tells me there is no such address for the contest. This has happened numerous times with previous contests and am beginning to believe all of it is a scam.

Sandra Johnson Nov 11, 2008

I've been entering the Reader's Digest sweepstakes and contest for years. I never hear about anyone being a winner. I went as far as writing a letter to Ronald J. Leslie, Office of the Director asking him to verify these sweepstakes and contests. I never got a response from him and don't know if he ever got the letter. Reader's Digest only interest is getting you to spend money on their products: Books, Magazines, CD and DVD's. If you ask me, I think they the whole operation is a SCAM. Nobody wins with them.

I cannot find website for contest

Have been doing business with them for years and I cannot find the web site to win the ipod. Have I been buying books and supporting them all these years entering their constest with the cost of stamps, has this bee all for nothing?

I have purchase quite a few books and have ordered their monthly magazine for years and have also passed it on to others.

c. Hopey May 14, 2008

why bother sticking these little contest cards in your book if there is NO contest to begin with. Makes me wonder about even renewing my subscription! I thought Readers Digest was pretty honest and reliable until I see things like this happening!

got ripped off fraud check

received cashiers check in mail r2, 850 bank took it and said it was a fraud whats up with that came from nswprocessing center pobox96604 lis angelscalifornia 80014 sponsor readers digest publishersclearing house sweepstakes and lotto bank made me sign check put social security number on it and then keep it said it was frauf

Unethical Business Practice and Delaying Tactics to correct problem

Without consulting with me, Reader's Digest unilaterally decided to take $34.94 from my credit card to...

win $1,000,000.00

can anyone out there help me...is this true or just another spam?????????????

To ensure delivery, add [protected]@email.rd.com to your email address book.
Having issues viewing this email? See it online.

A certified armored car service is now on call, ready to deliver $1, 000, 000.00 to your door in the event you are chosen our next millionaire.

We do all we can to guarantee fast and secure prize delivery to winners. An armored car and courier service is the official prize delivery method of Reader's Digest because of its trusted reputation and experience in delivering large sums of cash.

Now the ball is in your court!
To submit your chance to win $1, 000, 000.00 and have money securely transferred to your door and win a brand new car of your choice, click here and follow the simple instructions until you reach the Entry Confirmation.

An armored car and courier service is on call and ready to deliver $1, 000, 000.00 at a moment's notice. Don't waste another minute - submit your entry and secure your chance to win today!

Good News!

Here's your chance to win
$1, 000, 000 in cash
and a new car of your choice!

TIME'S RUNNING OUT!—this opportunity expires soon!

Sincerely,

Ronald Leslie
Sweepstakes Director

P.S. Don't delay! The armored car delivery has to take place fast - please act immediately. Click here now!

®2008 Reader's Digest Association, Reader's Digest Road, Pleasantville, NY 10570

Official Rules - Online Privacy Policy - See Sweepstakes Facts

You are subscribed to RD Offers as [protected]@yahoo.com.

I hope you enjoyed receiving news about special offers from Reader's Digest. If you do not wish to receive notification of future benefits, discounts and special offers, you may unsubscribe to these offers or change your email preferences at any time here.

View our Privacy Policy.

Click here if you have questions or comments.

If you prefer to contact Reader's Digest by regular mail, please write to:
Reader's Digest Association
Reader's Digest Road
Pleasantville, NY [protected]

• Eu
    eugenia b. tamayo Nov 12, 2008

let us try if this is real or just scam.

hope this for real.

thanks

• Ge
    GENEVA Jackson Sep 17, 2019

@eugenia b. tamayo Entering to ain this $+, 000, 000.00 be nice if there was a place to ented

• Tx
    Tx_T Sep 16, 2009

this is what mine said so I will have to say scam

To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add [email protected] to your address book.
    Having trouble viewing this email? See it online.

The Reader's Digest Association Inc.

Notice for **********
    Win $1, 000, 000.00 with your ATM Prize Code.

To *************,

An Official Access Code has been issued in your name. Please use this private code for the ATM Prize Draw now on reserve. Win and you'd have sole claim to $1, 000, 000.00.

You may be surprised to know that throughout the country, less than 2% of the households have been selected to receive an offer from Reader's Digest. While many of your neighbors will never be selected for these great opportunities, you have already been fortunate enough to be part of this exclusive list. Click here to learn more.

Now it's all up to you, ********** - make the most of this special notice. Simply click here to activate your Official Access Code and enter now.

You'll be happy you did.

Sincerely,

Ronald J. Leslie
    Sweepstakes Director

You are subscribed to Reader's Digest Offers as***********@HOTMAIL.COM

We hope you enjoyed receiving news about special offers from Reader's Digest. If you do not wish to receive notifi-
    preferences at any time here.

• La
    laryeak May 01, 2010

it will be well when is welldone as it is so i you will add mine to yours to make it well

• La
    laryeak May 01, 2010

true to good when you mean to do well for other, with this you can go far for all your doing but let us see to the greaters help for our love once because two is better than one in everything so let do the best all and get close to each other in of our need.

Unsolicited goods!

On visiting my Mother, who is in her eighties, today after her being in Hospital for four weeks I wa...

What a surprise, no surprise!

For the first time I actually logged on to a site offering a free prize. I picked Readers Digest because I have always felt that this was an honest upfront company. Boy was I wrong!!! I logged on as a "preferred subscriber" as directed to claim my "free surprise". Well it only took 15 seconds to discover that the surprise was that there was NO SURPRISE!

This will be the last time I log into one of these sites, and as for Readers Digest, their reputation has just taken a major nosedive in my books. In addition I'll be spreading this "good news".

Signed,
A formerly happy subscriber.

• Pi
    Pianosoft Mar 19, 2008

I just typed the url www.rd.ca/surprise in the address bar of my web browser and it worked. Are you trying to find it through Google (or another search engine)? That might be why it did not work.
    Try typing it at the top of your web browser.

noel paterson Apr 09, 2008

This free gift thing happens over and over with Readers' digest.

• Au
    aubrey trask May 01, 2008

Yes I ordered a subscription to RD, but I haven't received any conformation when I will be getting my first issue.

thankyou

mary ellen anderson Jun 09, 2008

This is the only place i find to tell you i ordered RD on may15 and paid and now today i get a letter telling ne somme book vol 2 was limited and the time is up. I never ordred that. All i want is my RD that i paid for.

Can't enter access code for prize

Received a card with prize access code to be entered on www.rd.ca/lexus. I can't find it any where. It must be a rip off.

• Je
    Jeanette Beaulieu Feb 22, 2008

I have a card to enter a contest to win a Lexus Sedan from readers digest and can't access a site. Please advise if the contest is legitimate and if so, how do i enter. Thanks!

• Je
    Jeanette Beaulieu Feb 22, 2008

I received a card for a chance to win a Lexus Sedan from readers digest and can't access site. If this a legitimate contest and if so,how do I enter???

• Ca
    Cameron Feb 23, 2008

Can't find lexus site either. Like any game with pieces missing, it goes in the garbage and then we lose faith in mankind, trust no one and retreat back into our unibomber style cabin or just move on. I've got a driveway to shovel out. Later.

• Ed
    Edwin Ditmars Feb 23, 2008

Same problem as others,unable to find lexus site.Same also for our canada $23,500 website.

• El
    elizabeth roache Feb 29, 2008

love it

John Mar 04, 2008

Same problem with Lexus card received.. Gotta be a rip-off.

John Mar 04, 2008

Hey, they want it a second time, o k, no more business with Readers Digest, bad business...

john maher Mar 07, 2008

i didn.tsign do readers digest someone 0n my computer must have .placed it and sayed yes where it should of said no /.i do not read readers digest sorry fore the miss understanding .,;im sending everything back.your truly john maher
    box 131 foxharbour p bay
    nl a0b1v0

Terrible experience!

I received with this month's edition of RD, an insert stating 'You could win thousands on the...

Deceptive business practices!

I stopped a gift subscription this Christmas due to low funds. Reader's Digest sent a gift card anyway and then billed me for it. Now I have to tell my daughter that she will not receive the gift! I never ordered a book subscription. I received a book in the mail today and now have to cancel. Their enclosed card says "You can cancel any time by writing us a note." and fails to give an address. I am so annoyed by this.

• Am
    Amymaggie May 05, 2009

I received an urgent notice from Readers Publication Services to pay a supposedly unpaid bill for a TV guide I paid in full 5 years ago. The lady on the phone was rude. The letter said it would go to collections if I didn't pay $46. I know I don't owe anything on this and keep getting renewal slips which I do not renew. They need to be shut down.

Junk mail and magazines

Just like to say in a world of junk mail and magazines it seems that know body could ever have the time to take on a full time job, if they were to keep filling out forms and applications for all these potential win win win situations.

Maybe one day we could win the time ... To keep up with all these win win win... Deals?

• Ro
    Rosanne Sep 19, 2008

Readers Digest should take a long hard look at the way they advertise and promote. Their competitions waste a lot of paper, which is far from ethical or green in this day and age. We are all trying to be frugal, to conserve forests, use less resources and keep the planet clean - what is Readers Digest doing in the face of all this? It is bombarding its subscribers with envelope after envelope of long spiels that nobody reads, for competitions only the foolish enter. Small envelopes, large envelopes and medium envelopes, all crammed with paper that gets thrown out immediately, many unopened, most unread. It is an appalling disgrace, and something should be done about it. I propose a boycott of all Readers Digest products, including Cds, books, the magazine, and manuals, until they stop their current method of direct mailings. Just because a letter is addressed does not make it any less offending or junky. Those with 'no junk mail' stickers on their mailbox still get a heap of unwanted paper because the envelopes are addressed. Readers of the world unite, and shout we shall not digest this!!

• Fi
    Fitfreak30 Dec 15, 2008

Not to mention the fact that it is anything but GREEN; do you think Reader's Digest cares about deforestation and filling landfills?

Cannot subscribe to Free Gift Offer!

Received with the magazine (Reader's Digest) a gift offer to log into www.rd.com/surprise for Surprise...

Poor Customer Service

A customer care manager at Reader's Digest made a commitment to me on October 1, 2007. When the commitment remained unmet, I contacted the corporate offices of Reader's Digest seeking help. On October 30, 2007, Reader's Digest sent me a message which made reference to legal counsel, which could be considered a threat. Reader's Digest has lost me as a customer because of the company's refusal to honor a commitment, choosing instead to send me a message which could be interpreted as a threat.

• Ro
    Robert Frederick Russell Feb 11, 2008

my address is : 5A, Hatch Park, London Road, Old Basing.
    Basingstoke. Hants. RG24 7JJ.

I am enquiring as to where my February magazine is ? Have only just got it right after 9 months of hastle,December and January delivered but now it seems as it has gone walkabout again. Sorry I am unable to give my number, but, unfortunately it is not to hand.
    Can you please sort this out again.

R. F. Russell

Unsolicited subscription!

I recently received a bill from Readers Digest for a subscription that I had not requested nor had I received their magazine. I called the company and was told it was requested via the internet,that sometimes people see "free issue" and do not know that by requesting this you will be billed for a yearly subscription
I was informed that they would cancel the magazine.

The point is that this has occurred from other companies. surely there is a government department that covers this illegal practice of billing unsolicited goods.

Cheating Subscribers

Dear All,

As everybody knows, it was a prestige to have the subscriber of Reader's Digest earlier. But now a days, if you are the subscriber of RD, you are cheated. They frequently send you letters with colourful information with your name printed on the shiny papers as if you are only the MOST VALUED CUSTOMER of Readr's Digest. The books they publish are really good . But on the other hand, they are too expensive. Many books are changed only with Titles and reprinted. Why such a good branded magazine is cheating people across the globe? They will provoke you to buy books every time by promising FREE GIFTS. Please do not subscribe RD in future nor order for their books. They should not play such a cheap drama to sell their product. They should apologise with people across the globe before brand name image spoils. People who are with me of this opinion can mail me and share your bad experience if any.

Ganesh Bhat

• He
    Helen Pishion Apr 02, 2008

How do I get my free gift????

• Ha
    H. Apfel May 09, 2008

Reader/s Digest oiffered a free gift to be claimed at www.rd, .com/surprise but there is nothing there

joan hendry Jul 23, 2010

Unable to enter access code from card provided for contest of 150000 aeroplan miles access 62710

Subscription problem!

This company is always asking to extend your subscription long before it is due to expire. I let them do...

Non acknowledgment of subscription payment

I have been a regular subscriber of Readers Digest. In Apr, 2007, Readers Digest sent me a renewal reminder...

Nothing in life is free!

Once again (actually I think the 10th time) I have received yet another "A Free Surprise Gift is Waiting For You" I finally said fine just to stop this I will go to the web site. Well Surprise it doesn't take you to Reader's Digest! I guess Mom was right when she said "Nothing in life is free" Reader's Digest stop sending these!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices