Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands Logo

Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands

Having problems with Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands?

PO Box 6095
Harlan, Iowa

Complaints & Reviews

fraudulent sweepstakes

I am SOOOO grateful that I trusted my instincts and decided to check to see if this was a scam. Bless all of...

readers digest scam

I received a letter from readers digest, and the letter stated i won Rs 100, 000 in the lottery. They wanted me to pay for government tax and the amount was for Rs 10, 000. They want you to deposit the amount in their account and then they will send you a certified check for the Rs 1, 00, 000.

I didnt fall into thier scam i did some surfing and contacted readers digest and they confirmed it was a scam. so if any one get a letter like this all the info you need to make sure its not a scam you can find online and both readers digest and publishers clearing house are happy to help any way they can.

• Us
    User4987234 Nov 06, 2009

Generally readers digest is a big fraud by itself. I ve been watching them almost for 30 years now and i know how they operate to extract money from people. Its the most disgusting way of doing business.

Billing me for something I did not order

I received a PAST DUE BILL Dated September 1, 2009. The letter states that they sent me a bill for VOL 4-09...

web contest for ipod touch

i received a card in my last magazine to enter a contest to win a free ipod. when i tried to find the site it did not exist. i have been a subscriber for over 10 years and it upsets me to think that this is not a authentic contest.
if the company is not going to honor this contest they should say so when you enter their site. they try to get you to subscribe to their magazine several time on the site, but no mention of the non existance of their contest site.

• Ld
    L. Di Fabio Aug 30, 2009

I received this rd.ca/ipodtouch black card with the access code 94735 from Reader's Digest. I'm very dissatisfied with for running this scam.
    If I can't trust what Reader's Digest sends me, I will terminate my subscription.

Unusual problem

I have a very unusual problem, usually it happened that you order for the magazine and pay for it but never receive the magazine, here the things are different I have never ordered for this magazine the so called Readers Digest, but every month without fail I receive one and I send it back and have even emailed on their address that I don't want the magazine but still every month the magazine is back. I am a very upset with this. I have been receiving the Reader's Digest and I did not order or pay for a subscription. At 82 years old with very little income, I am not in the position to pay for the magazine which I never wanted and over all due to my age I have a big problem with my eye sight. It's a humble request to this company to take me off your mailing list.

• Fa
    Fatboy Aug 23, 2009

contest to win ipod touch

I received a card in the latest Reader's Digest magazine. inviting me to enter to win an "ipod". I wa...

www.rd.ca/ipodtouch is not available

Black Card enclosed with September 2009 issue of the Reader's Digest says"Go online to rd.ca/ipodtouch...

sweepstakes fraud

I had received a lottery check that was claiming I won $152, 000.00 in a cash credited to a file reference...

unsolicited books

This company is truly appalling.
Notwithstanding an order issued against them by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission in 2003/5 and an undertaking that they would not make payment demands for unsolicited goods...they are again up to their old tricks
My 85 year old mother ( recently deceased) has payment demands for a plethora of unsolicited items including childrens books.
The excuse no doubt this time is the same as the last ...a breakdown in their 'systems' as they argued before the tribunal

scam

i was all for it... i ge a check in th mail, $4275.00 all i had to do was call the man, jerry smith ph...

readers digest scam

I receive a lettler from readers degest lotto drew held on february 3rd 2009<br /> they said i have won...

Scam letters

i have been sent a letter informing me of a place of winning a quarter of a million pounds among millions in the UK- which i personally think is bizarre. so the reader's digest people tell me that many others have also been lucky enough to win the large amounts of money.

is this too good to be true! in addition they have given a 72 hour
limit for entrees. i mean why would they possibly give 250'000 away for non-customers. we are not even loyal customers- we hav not even spent a penny on a reader's digest.. so why! is this a scam?

they also have a picture of a woman named helen and many others claiming they have won! yeah surely there is some catch!

HELP!! in addition there isn't a fixed name from the person, all we are told is

your sincerely

a mysterious squiggle which looks like jeremy jacob but can possibly be any other!

and then ends with Finance director...

• Sj
    SJGraham Jul 20, 2009

Yes I recived a letter with a cashier's check from bank USBANK for 4275.00 from a reader's digest sweepstakes the letter was from a company called. GWI -Greenwood International a Law firm serving global clients, 31st floor commokity exchange tower 360 Main strrt Winnipeg, Nanitoba, Canada r3c 4g1. Ph# 778-316-1704 The Attorney's name is Jerry Smith PH# is 1-778-858-1278. And he sent his photo and signature. I would like to know if this check is for real or a scam by readers digest I can not afford to be taken by any company that says I Won money. If this is lagit I would like conformation from READER'S DIGEST CONFIRMING THIS MY EMAIL IS [email protected] Please investigate and get back to me ASAP Thank you

SarahM1234 Jul 20, 2009

I also received the same letter. The check seems to be legit but I've heard about people cashing checks from an unknown person and once you've deposited the check then the person who sent the check in the first place has all your bank account info. i'm very curious to see if this is for real or not... I think I will be contacting Reader's Digest to find out what's really going on

sweepstakes

i recieved a check in mail from PCH readers digest . says i wont 255, 000.00 and in this letter was an actual check for 4800.00 for costs ..
i am not sure if ths is real. i had to call the phone number there.. i told gentleman i will contact BBB to make sure this is legit. he says it wont be on that site. he wanted me to deposit this check, the letter is from georgia, the check is from canada..
i do know you guys have sweepstakes, i am trying to figure out if this is real or not.. how can i tell?
natalie

Chiki Li Jun 17, 2009

As we say in Canada, "Jeez Buddy", "What's wrong with you?"

Take it to your bank and deposit the cheque (that's how we spell 'check' here). If it is not a real cheque/check your bank will let you know.

yours

Practical Guy

• binder Jun 18, 2009

I say go cash it & let us know the results. Nothin' suspicious about winning a sweepstakes you didn't enter.

www.besthealthmag.ca/wii

My name is Sylvie Robert and I work for Reader's Digest Canada Customer Care.

If you are trying to get to this URL - www.besthealthmag.ca/wii - to enter the contest, please don't use Google, Yahoo or any other search engine.

Just type the address in the address bar at the top of your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.). This will take you straight to the page and you will be able to enter.

Good luck !

Sylvie Robert
customer.[protected]@readersdigest.ca

• Yo
    Yolanda Jun 10, 2009

I like shop at Kmart...just hire more associates for asisting customers at the floor.

• Vi
    viv Jun 24, 2009

i tried that and it still didn't work!!!

• Sy
    Sylvie Robert Jun 25, 2009

Try cliquing on "File" then on "Open".
    Type in the URL (www.besthealthmag.ca/wii) in the box.
    Click on OK.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest that you try with a different web browser.

The site is up and the contest ends August 31, 2009.

Sylvie
    for Reader's Digest Canada

• Di
    Dianne Bellemare Mar 09, 2010

Allo...I'm Dianne...I'm receiving your books besthealtmag...trying to put in my Access Code;;27639...its not working...could you help to put it in...thanks a million...bye bye Dianne..Bellemare...New-Liskeard Ont..

scam asking for cheque and routing

I received a mail from the following. Readers digest Regional office 1102 16th avenue, seattle was 98401...

prize money

Received a letter from Pepsi Co., co sponsorship with Readers Digest located in Plano Texas stating my wife...

No free gift for preferred subscribers

As many people stated, I am a preferred subscriber that received a card inside the Readers Digest magazine. I...

Misleading Advertising

I ordered a Canadian Music/Artists CD last year from a card that was enclosed with our RD subscription. The price indicated was $28.00 and change on the card plus shipping and handling. There were a few good songs on it and I remember the $28 standing out clearly in my mind because I have ordered maybe 3 things in my life from a mail-in. I do all remote purchasing on line where you can see the shipping, pricing, and have a contract and buyer protection (it was around the time I was spending postage stamps like pennies on the RD sweepstakes contests that I finally got sick of trying to keep up with).

I received the CD which had the expected music, feeling it was a bit pricey for what was offered, but since I'd ordered it knowing that, I'd pay for it. Then I saw the invoice was for over $88.00!!

That was a LONG way from $28 and change!! Gosh I wish I had the card - there wasn't any asterisk by the price or fine print apparent saying it would be 3 payments of $28 plus shipping. It was false advertising if my memory serves me right.

I wouldn't care HOW good the music was, no CD is worth $88 to me...

So now the collection calls have begun. I told them keep calling.

• Readers Digest marketing practices are very much misleading. My wife got a letter, saying that she had won thousands of dollars. She just needed to reply to the mail in.

Thinking that Readers Digest Canada as a very old and reputable company, she mailed in thinking that she has won.

They kept sending a ``free copy of their magazines``every month ...

We were surprised to find out later that they wanted my wife to pay for the magazines. We have ignored they invoices.

This is a very dishonest marketing practice and we intend to contact BBB and report the situation.

• La
    Laura Collins Nov 17, 2009

Information included in the monthly subscription indicating the existence of a website where we are directed to go and enter a special access code provided to enter for a chance to win a specific prize does not exist. The most current example is the prize to be drawn for Nov.30/09 for a Wii sports deluxe package at the www.rd.ca/wiisports . There is no such site and this is not the first time this has happened.

fooling us

for Gods sake, how can you send us a raffle like thing for a nikon l19 coolfix digicam that we cannot...

THEY KEEP SENDING ME BOOKS THAT I HAVE NOT ORDERED

I HAVE CANCELED MY SUBSCRIBTION. AND THEYKEEP SENDING ME BOOKS. WHAT AM I TO DO WITH THE BOOKS? I DONOT WANT ANY MORE BOOKS SENT TO ME.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices