RC Willeyhorrible customer service

S

I bought a washer, paid to have it delivered, less than 48 hrs later, found it wasn't cleaning the clothes, and leaked. When we called to inform RC Willey, we're told we would have to pay to have it picked up, they didn't offer to try to fix it, or give suggestions on what to do. We had even bought a 5 yr warrantee on it. We are looking to buy a home, needless to say nothing from RC Willey will ever be in it.

• Tr
    trish K Jun 01, 2015

I bought an extended warranty on an expensive dishwasher. The upper rack railing is loose, which caused the part that holds the shelf to the rollers broke off. According to RC Willey they do not cover that part, and that it was a recall. According to whirlpool /Kitchenaide, the dishwasher is out of warranty, but they would be so kind as to send me the parts to fix the rollers (not the guide) myself. The part itself will raise and lower the shelf, so it is not something so simple as to clip on the rack. So long story short I will avoid all extended warranties as well as Whirlpool/Kitchenaide. I think I will try Lowe's next time I need an appliance.

• Ay
    ayoung42 Feb 22, 2011

I'm RC Willey's Community Manager. I'm sorry that you feel that way. I apologize if we haven't lived up to your expectations. We really do care about our customers and work on improving as a company. Feel free to send me a message and I'll see what I can do to help our company improve.

Adam
    Community/Online Reputation Manager
    RC Willey Corporate Offices.

• Tt
    TTWWoooodd Feb 21, 2011

This store has the very worst service, spend you money somewhere that cares.

• Fr
    fraser819 May 04, 2010

I work for R.C. Willey and I've never been involved with a company that is more customer oriented than R.C. Willey. The Fabric Protection Warranty includes a liquid protector sprayed on the upholstery by R.C. Willey and then warranties against stains from food or drink, bodily fluids (human or pet). The customer is asked to call within 5 days of a stain so we can get it out before it sets. It does not cover normal soiling from customer use. I have seen our company bend over backwards to take care of a customer. From replacing a "scratch & dent" purchased refrigerator with a brand new one because the original was delivered with a dent or a scratch that wasn't there when the customer bought it, to replacing a complete living room set because of premature wear, to replacing a bedroom set because a drawer warped, to taking a flat screen TV back because the "picture doesn't seem quite right" to the customer.

I have been in sales with R.C. Willey for seven years and I have never seen a legitimate customer complaint that wasn't handled to the customers satisfaction. We may make some mistakes but I've never seen a company as dedicated to customer satisfaction as R.C. Willey.

Greg Fraser

• Ay
    ayoung42 Feb 05, 2010

I'm the community/online reputation manager for RC Willey. The comment made by fashionchia in the previous post is correct. Our customer service is always willing to help, as am I.

You can also go to the following link:

The title at the top of the page is "Policies." This page contains the policies that we stand by. The subtitle "THE RC WILLEY PLEDGE OF PROTECTION" contains a section called "What Is Covered?" This section contains a description of how the warranties work. There are also .pdfs that display the warranties for our products and what they cover. One is for Utah/Idaho/Nevada and the other is for California.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

ayoung42

Comments

• Fa
    fashionchica Jan 31, 2010

If you are not given a warranty card from the sales person at your time of purchase, or even think about it later, you can ALWAYS ALWYAS ALWAYS go to the customer service department and ask for a paper on what the warranty covers. Every RcWilley customer service department should keep a stack of various warranty forms. If the one you need happens to be out, they can MAKE YOU A COPY.

• Po
    poor cust service Oct 27, 2009

After purchasing several thousands of dollars in merchandise over the years from these crooks. I will never buy anything from them again due to their customer service. I'm in the process of trying to sell all that I bought from them. I would reccomend shopping elsewhere and wouldn't refer them to my worst enemy.

• Gs
    gsinid May 02, 2009

And regarding reading what we are given...they were conveniently out of their little blue cards.

• Gs
    gsinid May 02, 2009

These guys did the same crap with us...salespeople use any tactic to sell their crap products then don't come through with what was promised. Worst retail customer service i've ever seen!

• Ba
    batman Feb 26, 2009

Extended warrenties always take effect AFTER the manufacutor warrenty is up (the first year) regardless of where you buy it/from who you buy it.

Everyone needs to grow a pair and read what they are given about extended warrenties (for RC willey it's usually a little blue card they give you) to see what it includes/excludes. Your dealing with SALESMEN on commission; just like anyone who gets paid that way, they figure out how to say what you want to hear so you spend the cash. This is why extended warrenties are JOKES and most people encourage the public not to buy them. If they were half as useful as people think they were, companies would make no money on them and therefore not sell them!

That said, if you BUY one you can't get mad it doesn't cover what you think it should!!!

• Ha
    Hatestmobile Oct 17, 2008

I have had enough of RC Willey! Just like a lot of the people who posted complaints on this web site, we've done business with this store for a long time. We've overlooked some issues we had with them because we thought no business is really perfect. But one thing that really pissed me off was the dishonesty of their sales people. We were duped into buying a 7-year fabric protection warranty on a sofa set we bought. We paid over $100 dollars for it. We were told by the salesman that it would cover everything fabric related from stains to tears . He also that said they will shampoo the sofa set at no charge if it becomes dirty. He even said that this alone would make it worth the money we pay. A few years later, we needed them to come and make good on their promise to clean our sofa set and guess what they said... all the warranty covers is spot cleaning of accidental stains. I can do that myself for much less than the amount I paid them! I asked if they could just refund the money I paid them since we never used the warranty anyway and of course, they said that is not possible. This is one greedy business every one should avoid at all costs! I have vowed to make it my life's mission to warn everyone I know about the dubious practices of RC Willey sales people.

• Pa
    Pat Oct 13, 2008

We purchased a dishwasher several months ago and it was damaged by RC Willey employees while moving it - broke off the dial.
    The dishwasher was never fixed and we called numerous times over a two month period. We had to do all the calling since know one called us and since we could not get any resolutions we went elsewhere to purchase a dishwasher and canceled our order, but I did not think this should go without mentioning it. We are very unhappy customers and will probably not purchase anything else from RC Willey again!!!

• Valerie Oct 08, 2008

I originally made a deposit for a purchase of over $8, 700 worth of beds, dressers, and a flat screen televison from RC Willey, and was told by the salesman to come into the store 4 - 5 days before I wanted delivery to pay the balance. I came in 7 days prior to the time I needed delivery of the beds and television and was then told that it would not be able to be delivered until two weeks after my requested delivery date because it was being delivered to Lake Tahoe, which my salesman knew at the time of the purchase. The day before the scheduled delivery I called the delivery number to verify the delivery. They had the beds scheduled, but the television was scheduled to be delivered to the wrong address! After speaking with several people they assurred me the delivery was corrected and that I would receive the beds and the television the following day. The next day the beds arrived, but there was no television. The man delivering the beds called the store and they in turn called me to say that the televison would be delivered the following week, and asked if I would now also like the dressers I had on hold be delivered at that same time with the television. I confirmed that I would like everything delivered on that date. Tonight I called to confirm that the dressers and television were being delivered tomorrow and was told that the dressers were never scheduled for delivery and that in fact I would not be able to receive them for another 10 days! This delivery service has been outrageous, with no one accepting any responsiblility for the three delivery errors. I WILL NEVER SHOP AGAIN AT RC WILLEY!