Having problems with Qatar Airways?

Qatar Airways Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 777 2827 (United States)
+44 330 024 0125 (United Kingdom)
+353 15 266 489 (Ireland)
+61 130 034 0600 (Australia)
+64 800 174 865 (New Zealand)
+43 12 668 800 (Austria)
+32 22 900 852 (Belgium)
+45 38 124 124 (Denmark)
+31 207 941 434 (Netherlands)
+41 442 043 820 (Switzerland)
+852 800 969 848 (Hong Kong)
+60 321 186 100 (Malaysia)
+63 25 191 888 (Philippines)
+65 800 189 1060 (Singapore)
+27 112 677 700 (South Africa)
+82 516 033 111 (South Korea)
+94 115 570 000 (Sri Lanka)
+66 26 180 400 (Thailand)
+54 115 273 1400 (Argentina)
Qatar Airways Tower, P.O. Box 22550
Doha
Qatar

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Qatar Airways Customer Service. Initial Qatar Airways complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Qatar Airways above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Qatar Airways. Discuss the issues you have had with Qatar Airways and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Qatar Airlines — non allotment of requested seats

This was my first experience to travel with qatar airlines under above booking reference which was proved to...

Qatar Airways Flight Attendant — marlissa binti mohamed eusoff wanted to kill me during her annual leave in malaysia, she is a big stealer, cut her hands

qatar airways flight attendant named marlissa binti mohamed eusoff s/n 20676 intruded into my house, break my...

Crew Qatar Airwayswanted to kill our families members and stealed our valued belonging

marlissa binti mohamed eusoff flight attendant qatar airways s/n: 20676 has intruded into our house..she break into house..she break my glass ware kitchen and pointing the knife to my neck...she wanted to kill us..she also stealed my 2 handphone, handbags, shoes, money...
she is marlissa binti mohamed eusoff s/n: 20676
female...date of birth 16/10/1983...malaysian passport A: [protected]..she is from pulau pinang malaysia..ran a way to qatar..and working as qatar airways air crew...qatar police department please prison her and cut her hand...she is big stealer.

Qatar Airwayslost luggage and service

My wife and myself flew from London via Doha to Johannesburg and back recently. The whole experience with Qatar Airways was, to say the least, apaling!

I have a few complaints and would like to stipulate them to you:

1. First and most important, the airline lost our luggage. We arrived back at London Heathrow at 12.25 in the afternoon on Sunday, 14 March. Upon arrival (waiting for our luggage) we were called to the "Lost Baggage" counter. There we were informed that our luggage was misplaced during the transfer at Doha International Airport. Upon questioning the person that informed us, we were promised that our luggage will be on a flight from Doha at 17.00 on the same day. We were given the option to either wait at the airport or go home and get the luggage delivered. We opted for the latter as we have been travelling for nearly 18 hours and wanted to get home. It was then agreed that our luggage would be delivered before 10pm on the same day. We signed a paper and was given a reference number. On this paper was a telephone number to contact with any queries or to track our luggage delivery. The nuber we were given was [protected]. This number does not work at all. We then searched online for "customer service" or "customer care" numbers and dialled the following without any success: [protected], [protected] and [protected].

We eventually got hold of someone when we dialled [protected]. This person told us to call back in an hour as the person who dealt with lost luggage was not there at that moment. After an hour we called back, just to be told the same again. We called back an hour later just to be told that the person in question is not on duty anymore. After explaining our situation, the person at the other end of the line asked us for our reference number. With this information he explained that our luggage was on its way and would be delivered to our doorstep before 10.30pm on the same day. At 23.30 we decided to go to bed and try again today (15 March 2010). I called the same number at 09.15am today. A lady answered and asked me for my reference number. She then said that I will get the luggage today. I just made a call to that same number and now the person at the other end does not know about anything.

We have all of our toiletries and valuebles in our luggage. We already had to purchase the basiscs to be able to get ready for work. My wife had no make-up and no shops are open that late on a Sunday evening.

I am really frustrated with the whole situation and very unhappy that wrong numbers were given out to us.

2. I also want to complain about the in-flight service and airplane conditions on all four of the legs of our journey:

2.1 On the first leg of our flight (London to Doha), two of the onboard toilets were out of order. The one did not even have a door. This meant that 170+ passengers had to use only 2 toilets. The standard of cleanliness in the toilets was not very good either.

2.2 The cabin crew had their luggage stored (together with other Qatar Airways property) in the overhead luggage compartments of the last 5-6 rows of the aircraft. These are clearly designated for the use of passengers. This occured on all 4 legs of our journey. Upon requesting about space for our luggage we were told to "Find a place". This is really not on. We ended up with our hand luggage in totally different overhead compartments which usually was 6-9 rows forward from where we sat. This also caused us to utilise space designated for other passengers. This has never happened to us before.

2.3 The cabin crew was at the best of times unprofessional and very unhelpful. On our Doha to London flight, the cabin crew member did not even attempt to smile once. Her demeanour was one of irritation and being very rude. Their serving of drinks and food was questionable and very rarely did they serve any food warm and/or of a good quality. I was appalled with especially the drinks. The airline does not serve alcohol in pre-measured containers. Instead they pour spirits like gin, brandy and whiskey out of a big bottle. Every drink was poured way too strong and I suppose no-one actually got what they asked for.

2.4 My entertainment unit did not work on the flight from Doha to London. Upon requesting assitance I was told that I just have to accept that it does not work. Sitting on a flight for 7 hours without entertainment is really frustrating.

I usually don't complain about anything. I am always happy if an airline has the right way of helping and/or explainig a situation. The experience with Qatar Airways rates as the worst I have ever come across and I feel that my complaints and issues are valid.

I will never fly Qatar again and will advise any friends or family to not fly with them either. They advertise themself as a 5 star airline and boast about being awarded "The Worlds best economy class in 2009". To me, this might just as well be false advertising!

• Al
        AlexTT Jun 28, 2013

Are you sure about all this?? According to themselves they a 5* airline!!!
        You've said you never fly with them again, glad you have the option, unfortunately I don't (twice a week normaly) so here is my run down on Qatar ambitious and arrogant but have not understanding of what makes a good airline, they hire the cheapest staff possible, treat them like muppets, they are at their happiest trasporting Asians (laborers) they are arrogant and racists as far as I' concerned.

Qatar Airways — got a mail regarding a job oppurtunity in quatar airways - wanted to know whether its true or not

Confidential! Dear job applicant, Job ref: q. A-uk-10/016 Vacancies: unlimited for those in the...

Qatar Airways — racist comment by cs agent in us

I have booked tickets for India for my sister, my niece and myself. I came back early and my sister stayed...

Qatar Airways — need confirmation

i have received a mail from qatar airways uk that i have selected for a job whether it is true or fake pls give me assitance.

Qatar Airways — lost baggage

This is the letter of complaint I e-mailed to Qatar's main office and gave to the area manager in...

Qatar Airwayslost items on board

A transparent plastic file containing important papers & a copybook together with a violet coloured book (The definitive book of body language) were left on board on the 5th of December, flight number 127, Abu Dhabi to Doha, Departure time: 15:05, seat number: 30 C, the items were put in the pocket infront of the chair...

We have already reported the incident at the Qatar Airways Office in Alexandria International Airport (Al Nozha) just after arrival...

Please inform us as soon as possible about any updates on the following emails:

[protected]@yahoo.com
      [protected]@hotmail.com
      [protected]@yahoo.com

• Va
          varahramrooz Jan 17, 2011

I left my cell phone (pocket pc - model HTC - pink bag) inside the airplane with the following flight information:
          From: Mashad
          To: Dohe
          Flight number: QR 495
          Date: 1 October
          Time: 05:10
          seat number: 11F (but I changed my seat through the flight)
          But they not only didnt come back it to me but also they behave me very badly...

Qatar Airlinesqatar: discrimination and tell lies

Complain about the Qatar Airline (QR)
        Background
        Qatar Airline is helpless
        I travelled by Qatar Airline(QR) and arrived at Munich airport on 8th Oct, 2009. However, my baggage was lost by QR. Therefore, I needed to wait their call when they found my baggage. Inside my baggage, there were clothes, books, computer and telephone cables etc.. Those were my necessary and emergence things. At that time, I had computer, but I couldn’t open my computer. I had telephone, but I had no battery. I had no warm clothes even it was 0 degrees and at that time, the snow came. My baggage lost almost a week. I called the airport in Munich, they said my baggage was in Manila and I needed to wait and be patient. But I felt doubtful that why I still couldn’t get back my baggage if they have already known my baggage in Manila. I called QR for a whole day, but no one listen my call. Therefore I made an international call to the airport of my home country. I felt helpless at that time and no one could give me a hand to support me or let me know when I could get back my baggage. My feeling was: all the staff were helpless and didn’t want to help me.

When I called to the airport of my home country, they were so surprise that why I couldn’t get back my baggage. They said: according to the computer, if you submit your passport copy and letter of authorization, then you can get back your baggage. At the end, the airport helped me to do that and I got back my baggage in the next day.
        I wanted to give thanks to the airport of my home country. They gave me a super warm feeling when I was sad n helpless.

But I haven’t got any help from QR Munich.

Qatar Airline is a fraud
        At the end, I got back my baggage on 14th Oct at the night time. I requested a report which show the time when I can get back my baggage finally and the reason of the delay. It is a very important report to protect me to ask for the damage. Every airline should have the responsibility to do that for their customers.

QR said: Yes, I can do this for you, and we will post it to your address which showed in the computer.

Today is 7th Nov., but I haven’t received this report till now.

Yesterday(6th Nov), QR called me and he said he never promised me to post this report. And he also said it is impossible to send the report to me. (I asked the insurance company and also the airport at my home country, they said it is a must that the airline gives me the report after the delay of baggage.)

Because of the delay, I need to buy some necessary things. According to the policy of the airline, they need to pay me 100 US Dollars, (I brought 200 US Dollars stuff as the cold weather and I spent a lot of money to make the international call to my home country and also the internet fee as I have no computer at that period). I asked the airport of my home country, they also said that I should have this amount of money.

However, the QR said to me, I cannot get the money, because I have the address and phonecard in Germany. I was so doubt about that, and I asked, I also have address and phone card in England. It is also possible for me to give you the addresses and phone numbers all over the world, then, it means, I cannot claim the money all over the world. QR said: yes, you cannot.

QR said by their policy, I am a Permanence Residence in Germany, because I have an address n phone number.

I am not a Permanence Residence in Germany, I have 2 passport, but none of them is from Germany. I don’t have any ID Card in Germany and I belong to my home country, but not Germany. With my passport, I can go to England and also all the countries in Europe (without applying a visa). I stay in Europe, not just Germany. Germany is only one city that I will stay in this year. And in this year, I will go to England and also other countries in Europe. It is a must for me to have an address here; otherwise I need to live in the street. It is a must for me to have a phone card here; otherwise my parent cannot keep in touch with me!

What is the meaning of permanence residence?

QR also tell lies that I am a permanence residence of Germany even they haven’t seen my passport. Why they need to treat me so bad—Discrimination—this is what I think?

Why QR said about me misleadingly?

Yesterday, we argued about the meaning of permanence residence over the phone. I felt angry of their attitude. Then, I asked them to show me the policy. I have also experience in law, so I wanted to have a look on the whole policy, rather than we just argued 2 words “permanence residence” on the phone for a long time—it is nonsense. QR told me that they will email the policy with pdf. File to me. And I have double confirmed my email address with them. However, QR hasn’t sent it to me till now. I asked the assistance from the airport of my home country, but they said to me, the document of policy is an internal document, it is impossible to show you or email to you.

At the end……
        Is QR playing with me? No report, No document. But they promised to give me over the phone. I have no time to play with this airline. I don’t care about the money. What I care is: Being a responsible and honorable airline, you need to treat your customer with your honor and with your heart. QR tried very hard to find so many excuses to get rid of paying only 100 US Dollars -- It is such a small amount of money. I will not mind if QR send the report to me late, but I don’t accept QR tell lies to me and others.

I think the staff of QR is full of discrimination. I cannot keep silence in this situation.

Qatar Airwaysrude behaviour

This is Ahtasham Rabbani from ZTE Corporation china (One of the top three Big Telecom vendors in the world) http://www.zte.com.cn. I had a flight from Islamabad to Geneva via Doha on 4th October 2009.

when i was taking flight # 49 to Geneva on 4th October 2009, A security Personal Named, " Mr. Ali Cingilli" (If name is not correct, please check your database who was on the duty regarding flight # 49 on October 4th, 2009) really behaved rudely to me. At that time, that was so embarsing, first he asked me, do u have Invitation letter from Switzerland, can you let someone to talk to me etc, how did you get the visa etc, i can understand about normal checking procedure and i do appreciate but the way he talked and behaved with me was really indecent and cannot be acceptable. He was trying to let me away from queue with his hands.

• Bs
              bshaw75 Oct 08, 2009

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I have travelled thru qatar airways to JFK couple of times thru Doha and my experience always have been very very pleasent. I have a pakistani passport and the visa checkers at Doha airport are mostly indians, I never experience any problem getting thru to them, they ask questions and I just answer & same routine is repeated at the JFK.

My experience tells me that the reaction of the staff related to passport and visa scanning depends on how you answer thier questions. It's not like that they have a grudge against you. They are just tough on thier job.

I travel thru Dubai airport all the time and am aware of the procedures but when you get to Doha, it's all new !!!

... The behavior of airport police at the scanning machines is very rude, they tell you to take everything off, open you bags and put everything on the belt, they tell you to keep your valueables in a tray & then they do not let you touch anything and one guy is standing in the other room who dumps everything on the floor, I see alot of people complaining about not finding thier stuff like chains & watches. I always carry a SLR camera and they tell me to take out the memory card and batter and take off the lense as well and put it under the scanner !!!

As asians we are aware of such behavior but it's very new for the Westerns, they cannot take it at all !!! you can hear them mumbling words like "idiots", "animals", "###", I do not know why the police act like that but I guess the security checking on outbound flights is very very strict.

• Ro
              rosba Nov 09, 2009

QATAR AIRWAYS FLIGHT ATTANDENT NAMED MARLISSA BINTI MOHAMED EUSOFF S/N 20676 WAS
              INTUDED INTO MY HOUSE..SHE DOES:
              1-SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND INTRUDED IN TO MY HOUSE..SHE IS REALLY-REALLY ###!!!
              2-SHE BREAK MY KITCHEN GLASS WARE COST FOR RM3000-00 WORTH NORITAKE BOUGHT FROM NARITA JAPAN..HER HAND MUST BE CHOPPED!!!CUT HER HAND!!!
              3-SHE POINTING THE END SHARP OF KNIFE TO MY NECK WITH ATTENTION SHE WANTED TO KILL ME...WHAT IS THESE QATAR AIRWAYS YOU SEND A SUCH OF TALENTED TERRORIST TO MY HOUSE.
              4-SHE STEALED MY BRANDED ITEM AS FOLLOWS:
              A-MY BRANDED HANDBAG CRISTIEN DIOR WORTH FOR RM 7500-00
              B-MY BRANDED HIGH HEEL SHOES CRISTIEN DIOR WOTH FOR RM6000-00
              C-MY BRANDED 2 UNITS OF HANDPHONE NOKIA N-95 COLOUR BLACK AND SONNY ERICCSON CYBER
              SHOOT MODEL TOTAL WOTH FOR RM RM 4500-00
              5-SHE MUST BE PURNISHED ACCORDING TO ISLAMIC PRINCIPLE
              6-SHE REALLY-REALLY ###ING ### LADY AND VERY-VERY BIG STEALER!!!
              7-SHE BE SACKED!!!FIRED!!!REMOVED!!!MANDOTORY DEATH SENTENCE!!!BECAUSE
              SHE HAS ATTENTION TO KILL PEOPLE PURPOSELY
              8-QATAR AIRWAYS AND THE STATE OF QATAR WE ARE NOT FORGETTING THESE FOREVER EVER

Comments

Qatar Airways Group U.K — qatar airways group u. k.

Confidential! Dear job applicant, Job ref: q.a-uk-09/014 Vacancies: unlimited for those in the (aviation...

Qatar Airwaysdelay

I want to tell you about the worst flight experience of my life. I am two months pregnant and have never in my life been treated so badly. Let me tell you the story.
            I was booked on the following Qatar airways flights:
            • Friday 24th July 2009: QR002 at 21:30 hours from London Heathrow to Doha – connecting to
            • Saturday 25th July 2009: QR688 at 07:30 hours from Doha to Ho Chi Minh City arriving 19:05 hours.
            Upon checking in for QR002 I was not told of any delay or problem with the flight. Then in the lounge at Heathrow the information boards continued to show “wait” and no boarding gate was displayed. Once a boarding gate for a Qatar flight at 22:30 hours was displayed I went to that gate to see what was happening with QR002. Eventually Qatar agents informed me that QR002 was cancelled and that I would be taken to a hotel overnight and leave for Doha in the morning of 25th July 2009. Obviously the connection to Ho Chi Minh City was now missed.
            Around 01:30 hours on 25th July 2009 I was taken to the Sofitel close to Gatwick airport after waiting for almost four hours. This was a journey of one hour by bus! Why was I not put up at a hotel at Heathrow – there are so many hotels close to Heathrow airport. I finally got to bed at 03:00 hours and slept only until 07:00 hours when we all gathered at the hotel lobby to find out what was happening. At 07:50 I was given a handwritten piece of paper with the following itinerary:
            • LHR to DOH on QR00D (boarding time 10:30 hours)
            • DOH to HKG on QR812
            • HKG to SGN on TG686 (this seemed strange to me as I was unaware that Thai Airways flew from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City – this flight is from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City).
            At around 08:00 hours I was taken all the way back to Heathrow again by bus arriving at the airport at around 09:30. Even though I had been told that boarding for QR00D (or QR002D) was at 10:30 hours no boarding commenced at this time. Eventually I got on the plane at 14:00 hours and finally took off at 15:20 hours.
            I arrived at Doha at approximately 23:30 hours and then was told that QR812 to Hong Kong was scheduled to leave Doha at 01:20 hours (26th July 2009) and would now connect to a Cathay Pacific flight CX765 at 16:20 hours from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City (instead of the strange TG686). However QR812 only left Doha at 02:00 hours arriving in Hong Kong at 16:00 hours where I was told that this was too late to connect to CX765 to Ho Chi Minh City. So unbelievably Qatar Airways required me to spend one night in Hong Kong before taking Cathay Pacific flight CX767 at 08:50 hours on the 27th July 2009. An alternative would have been to put me on the late United flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City that leaves around 21:00 hours – but no action from Qatar Airways. It appeared to me that Qatar airways had just dumped me on Cathay Pacific so that Qatar would not have to take care of me anymore.
            Then I was told that I could not stay at a hotel overnight but would have to stay in the Cathay Pacific lounge where I was further told that I could sleep in a bed only from 23:00 hours to 07:00 hours. I was also told that the bed would not be in the CX lounge but in the public lounge! I told the staff at the CX lounge that I wanted to sleep now after travelling for two days but I was told I could not and I would have to wait until 23:00 hours. Can you really believe this?
            After trying to sleep in the public lounge I finally travelled from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City on CX767 and arrived in Ho Chi Minh City at 10:30 hours on 27th July 2009, representing a delay of over 36 hours from the scheduled arrival time of 19:05 hours on 25th July 2009.
            I never expected such terrible service from a “5 star” airline such as Qatar airways. The whole experience was a nightmare with every step organised by Qatar a disaster:
            • Why was the hotel close to Gatwick airport rather than at Heathrow airport?
            • Why was I told QR002D would board at 10:30 hours but then only took off at 15:20 hours?
            • Why was QR812 delayed and then why did Qatar not arrange a different itinerary when they knew I would not be able to connect to CX765 to Ho Chi Minh City. Why not arrange a hotel in Doha for that night and allow me to catch QR688 on 26th July 2009.
            I have been treated like a dog by Qatar airways. At the minimum I demand that you completely refund the cost of the ticket. As I paid cash at Heathrow airport the easiest option would be to collect a refund from your office in Ho Chi Minh City, where I am currently staying. I will not accept a voucher for future flights as I will not be travelling any time soon.
            Please be rest assured that if I don’t receive any satisfactory treatment from Qatar to compensate me for this terrible experience I will take further unspecified action.
            I do hope that you can restore my faith in your airline by “doing the right thing”.

• In
                Inga Bechara Mar 07, 2010

On february 28th, I was supposed to board Qatar Airways flight 115 To doha at 00:35 and connect a flight to Heathrow, London at 02:35 Doha time. Instead, after changing gates and being given no information about what was going on, boarding began at 01:45 and to make matters worse, we only took off after 3am!! Once we landed in Qatar, we were lead to a boarding gate and had our boarding passes changed. The process was quick and we were on a plane a few minutes after, however, we were taken to the wrong airport! After ANOTHER 2 hour delay in Doha on board, we were taken to Gatwick Airport. Despite being told that staff of Qatar Airways would be there to help us, no one knew where to go and which airport our luggage was sent to. On top of that, many people paid for the bus shuttle to take them to heathrow airport and no compensation was provided.

In total, the delays were over 4 hours and this is absolutely unacceptable. Because of these delays, the taxi that I had booked to pick me up at HEATHROW aiport didn't wait for me (which is understandable since the it was a 4 hour delay). I then had to find another taxi and pay far more money than i otherwise would have.

It was by far the worst flight I have ever had and puts shame on the airlines "5 star" label. I await your response and a suitable compensation soon.

• Fe
                femi abegunde Aug 07, 2010

i also had the worst experience of my life flying qatar airways and it was right after my wedding, when i was expected to be on honeymoon wit my wife.i flew qatar airways lagos doha frankfurt, my final destination being jamaica.i was to pick up a flight from frankfurt to montego bay jamaica on condor airlines and of course it was a separate booking cos there are no direct flights from nigeria to any of the carribean destinations.date was 27th july, flight number QR27.lagos doha left some 20minutes behind schedule, and movt of passengers from tarmac to arrival lounge took 20mins, by the time i got into arrival lounge with my wife, the boarding gate for flight to frankfurt had closed, and on arrival there i was told we had been classified gate no show!had QR27 arrived on schedule, we were to have a time frame of one hour to change planes.there was a flight to munich for 210am same morning and a fellow arab passsenger was being re routed to munich, but we were left unattended, just told to clam down that we would soon be sorted out.they later discovered there was no flight to frankfurt till the next morning, 29th july at 835am, by which time my transit visa thru germany would have expired.we also lost our money on the condor flight from frankfurt to montego bay as it was a non refundable ticket, and flights to montego bay operates only once a week on wednesdays.i just wonder why we were not re routed to munich just in the same way the arab fellow was treated, is it because we are blacks?we were offered no explanations at all, and despite the fact i kept on asking these fellows what was going on all i got was "never mind we ll soon sort you out"!until they later discovered the severity of our situation.we had to return to lagos to obtain another transit, there are no flights on condor to jamaica till 3weeks later, all available ones are fully booked as this is peak season, german embassy appointed to interview us for another transit visa in 2weeks, and worst of all my vacation from my job has expired and my employers in jamaica have switched me to a no pay leave!we can fly through sao paulo but it would cost me much more, and even flights in that route are fully booked till some 3weeks time.
                i went to qatar air office in lagos to lodge a complaint and request a refund, was told to send a n email to head office, i have done so severally, but guess what?more than one week later i am yet to receive a response, not even an official acknowledgement of my mail, as available automatically on any serious organisations website.i am giving another week before i know what to do.i am claiming compensation for all my losses and once i have to involve a lawyer we will both lose tiime and money, because i know they ll pay their lawyers more than they have to pay me!
                advise to anyone intending on flying qatar, do so at your own peril...the doha airport is a big refugee camp with hundreds of frustrated passengers..one thing struck me...the number of passengers at the complaints desks, especially regarding transfers...there is always a horribly long queue there, that tells u a lot!and qatar, thanks for the honeymoon treat, i will never have anything to do with you again in my life, and i ll make sure to spread the news to everyone who cares to listen!

• Ha
                Ha Pham Mar 06, 2014

I recently got a bad experience with qatar, when my flight from Doha to Paris was delayed for one hour and I missed my train which I bought a ticket in advance, then I spent more than 100e for the new one. And after that, I made a complaint and would like them to refund- but, guest what happens: nothing happens after I submitted 2 complaints, no answer, no contact...so it is a horrible customer services and I though that, they are zero star or a kind of ###, not an international airline or 5 star as their brand.

Qatar Airwaysbroken lock of my lugage

I have been to Pakistan two time through Qatar Airways and when I reached to karachi the lock of my lugage was found broken. It happends twice with me, when we go to qatar and connect to other flight this time their staff do this silly thing. Recently my friend went through qatar airways to karachi and his lugage lock was also found broken when he received his lugage. My bag is sill with me as a proof. I am very surprised about this sort of conduct by Qatar Airways because they are loosing our trust on this airline and image. now i have flight on 14 of july 2009 with them and i am not feeling good may be they will do the same. I am requesting to qatar airways if you have any doubt call ther person the lugage belongs to but plz don't do this sort of non professional behaviour.

Qatar Airwaystaking payments for unmade bookings

I was in bangkok in jan 2009 and i tried to book a flight online with my debit card, I recieved a message saying that my payment could not be processed so i then booked a flight with another company instead.

I recieved no E ticket from them and no comfirmation of this flight or of payment!

Fine...I thought!

When i now arrive home and get my bank statement i find that Qatar airways had actually taken this payment from my account.

beware if you get this happen to you and the internet site says that your payment could not be processed

Also if you need to make a complaint then it is very hard to find there E mail address so here it is

[protected]@Qatarairways.com.qa

• Tr
                    Triode Apr 26, 2010

I found that Qatar Airways had taken my payment three times even though only one e-ticket was issued.

A visit to their office said all would be sorted out and refunds made. Nothing was ever received!

The only way I got a refund was by using the disputes procedure with the credit card. That took three months.

I dont expect those problems with a five star airline.

Qatar Airways — change of schedule

ID 4BMAEZ Sir i have made my flight from london to dhaka sylhet on the 26 of march i had a e ticket comfirm...

Qatar Airwaysbad cs

I wanted to share this horrid experience that I had with Qatar airline staff.

My wife and I flew Qatar from IAD to BOM, I am back in the US but my wife needed to postpone her ticket as she is undergoing medical treatment and the doctor had advised her not to travel for a month. I had provided medical certificates to substantiate this to both the US and the India office.

I called up reservations which always takes more than 30 mins and I must add they have a bunch of very rude agents sitting there. I was then transferred to customer service and was told that my ticket is valid only for 3 months which I wasnt aware of and that a change of date would cost me 950$. Nowhere on the ticket or in the terms and conditions did it say that the ticket is valid for 3 months. I was ok with paying for the change in fare of 250$(which was known to me when I bought the ticket) but the 700$ to extend the validity was very unfair and I requested for that to be waived on medical grounds. I was then asked to email the consolidator which I did twice but got no response. I was in a catch 22 situation as CS in the US told me to contact CS in India as the passenger was in India and the CS in India asked me to talk to US office as the ticket was booked here.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in Qatar's customer service and the way my request was handled. Having a medical emergency was bad enough but dealing with Qatar was worse.

Worst customer service and policies ever.

• Az
                      azizcamry Feb 20, 2010

I wanted to share this horrid experience that I had with Qatar airline staff.
                      I had ticket for Q AIRWAYS from Houston to Dubai via Doha I am U.S resident .there was the worst customers service I ever see in my life one of them doesn't speak enough English they were so rude .I did travel in many airlines with good service .they told me u need a visa for Dubai .I show them that this is not my first time . there is a law if you stay in Dubai for not more than 96 hours for AFGHAN PASSPORT u do not need visa.but I do not know how they give job to those stopped people shame on them shame on Qatar airway Houston bush continental air port customer service .they are so stopped I wroth their names below be aware of this .names is -MICHAEL AND STOPPED MANAGER CRISTIAN

• Az
                      azizcamry Feb 20, 2010

I wanted to share this horrid experience that I had with Qatar airline staff.

I had ticket from HOUSTON to Dubai via Doha .for AFGHAN passport holders you do not need visa if you stay less than 96 hours in Dubai and this is not my first time every time I buy the ticket I ask for it they said you do not need visa this time when I went to the airport there was so stopped the worst customer service I ever see.they disappointed they disrespect me and I came back home .I noted this peoples name boarding counter
                      1-Michael which he doesn't speak enough English.the second stooped Kristian he called himself manager I believe they both of them are races

bush continental international airport counter QATAR AIRWAYS

sunildev Jul 30, 2010

Qatar Airways on board services were quite reasonable during Frankfurt-Doha flight, but after reaching Qatar International Airport, reality struck me. I would say its very badly managed airport with 3rd class service and I do not care attitude of the staff. Even in this modern times, their Wi-Fi network does not work, I had a 15 hrs transit with Wi-Fi network down for the entire day, cramped up duty free shop and very uncomfortable seatings, It was very difficult to kill time at the airport. My regular requests to fix the Wi-Fi went into deaf ears. Staff, even though they and I share same nationality, they were rude and unfriendly at times.

This is the last time I'll ever fly Qatar...my foot 5 star airlines...

Qatar Airwaysforeign transaction charge

I made a booking through Qatar airways website on 16Feb09. The total amount for which I purchased the ticket was US $3325.34. This was the amount shown by the website and charged on the credit card. The credit card statement is now showing a Foreign Transaction fee of 3% on this amount. When I contacted the credit card company they said that the bill for the charge was from a foreign country and hence the charge.

The billing amount p[er the e-ticket is in USD and the Qatar Airways website did NOT mention about any other currency in which the charge was being made. Had I known this I might have not booked the tickets because none of the other airlines charge in currencies other than US $ while booking for flights originating from US when the booking is made in US.

After speaking to a Qatar airways representative on phone she agreed with me and requested me to call the bank again and explain them the charge was made in US. Hence I called them again, however they do not agree. The customer rep asket to write to Qatar Airways customer service in US.

After a long time they responded back saying that the charge made by the credit card company is correct and whether the charge is made or not depends on the credit card used. This is just not correct - getting charged foreign transaction fee for using a CC in USD when the transaction was made in US.

• Di
                        Dina Apr 03, 2009

I have the same situation, only I used Martinair. I called the airlines several times trying to find out if they are required to disclose that the purchase transaction will be with a foreign merchant, therefore, foreign trx fees might be applied by US bank... They agreed to refund me the amount, but denied to reimburse me the 3% foreign trx fee charged by my bank because they had no way of knowing that my bank charges those. Then I called bank, and they said that they will NOT reverse the fee even though tickets have been cancelled. I am so pissed off. It looks like there is no justice. Did anyone have a similar situation? How to get rid of those fees? Who's responsible for paying them? Definitely, not me...

• Ku
                        Kumar Apr 30, 2009

I am in the same situation. I am also charged 3% charges towards foreign transaction fee by Citi Bank for booking ticket with Qatar airlines

Qatar Airwaysbad behaviour of cabin crew

this thing it happen to me when i was working as server at the restaurant last october, 1 been serving 1 girl and 2 guys, chinese malaysian cabin crew of qatar airways, they did not pay the bill at the restaurant only pay QR5 and the bill worth QR199, at the end of my shift i had to paid by myself, i ask they are phone no, through the people who been working with them, i got they are identification, and wrong phone no they give me, when they come back after i call them, they treated me bad, they said i been embarassing them because i call they are office, and she ask me to apologize to her, i believe it is suppose to be the other way around they are owing me apologie i only been asking my own right to ask them to pay what food they eat at the restaurant i work, she treated me without any respect, i will not called her if they paid the bill at the first place. even we are server we are human too, we serve people on the ground she serve people on the sky. i will never forget what they have done to me. this is the worse experience i ever had with cabin crew qatar airways, we have so many guest from qatar airways, and they always treated us with respect, friendly, and very good manner. i do hope this thing will never happen again. thank you.

SURAYA ISMAIL Feb 22, 2009

YOUR FLIGHT ATTENDANT NAMED MARLISSA BINTI MOHAMED EUSOFF S/N : 20676 WAS :
                          1-INTRUDED INTO MY HOUSE ( SHE IS NOT INVITED )
                          2-BREAK MY KITCHEN GLASS WARE ( PLATE AND WATER GLASS COSTS FOR RM200-00)
                          3-THREATENED TO KILL MY FAMILY WITH HELD THE KNIFE AND POINTING IT TO MY NECK
                          4-SHE SHOUTED THAT SHE WORK WITH QATAR AIRWAYS AND SHE CAN DO WONDERS TO PEOPLE WITH HER MONEY
                          5-HAPPENED IN MY HOUSE ON THE 3RD JANUARY 2009 AROUND 2100PM
                          6-SUGGESTION : SHE MUST BE REMOVED FROM YOUR COMPANY AND PENALTY MUST BE GIVEN TO HER WORTH WITH HER VIOLENTS ACTION DURING HER ANNUAL LEAVE
                          7-TELL HER GO BACK MALAYSIA TO TALK ABOUT THESE UNNECESSARIES PROBLEMS

6-PENCURI HANDPHONE NOKIA N 95 aku
                          TANGANNYA MESTI DIPOTONG MENURUT AL-QURAN

• Na
                          nawaede May 05, 2009

your aircrew was stilled my handphone.could you please return back to me please!!!her name marlissa binti mohamed eusoff.staff number 20676.

• Bi
                          Bishara Jul 05, 2009

The qatar airway crew workin in Karachi Pakistan airport acts very illiterate. they have no respect for women. they made us wait for 4 hours standing wid a lil kid just because they didnt kno if a 15 day old baby needed a visa to travel. especially the main manager and they gy named osama. they were yelling and screaming . I don think illiterate ppl like them should be hired for this kind of a job . Qatar airways needs to take serious actions against them or they will start losing customers . we r frequent fliers. we fly every 6 months but because of wat happened at khi airport we changed our flight to emirates now.

• Ar
                          Arshadmahmood Sep 28, 2009

Qatart CS staff is very rude. They need some basic training to deal with people

Qatar Airways Cabin Crewunsettlement bill

this thing happen to my co workers who work at Italian restaurant at the Mall, one night she was working as server, she serve 1 chinese lady and 2 guys work as cabin crew qatar airways, she drove the bill and ask them to write the name ID etc. and she did not wait for the bill, she take another guest order. when she check the table and the bill it was QR 199 the money they left her only QR5 she try to find the guest, but she could not find. She asking help from the people she know, to get teh guest contact no it did not mean anything only just to ask her to pay off the remaining balance what she and her friend eating at that restaurant. at that night she has to cover up on her own pocket for something she did not eat. it is horoble things to do i thing, how can some people go to the restaurant and did not pay the bill, the worse thing. when she got her phone no, she call them. and they come around 19.00pm she blaming on her, because embarassing her, and ask the server to apoligize to her, i believe this flight attendant have some attitude problem, if they paid they are bill in the first place it will not have such problem, she is the worse flight attendant with qatar airways we ever seen. she cause other people trouble and she come and pay the bill she cause another problem, poor server been treated that way by her.

• Om
                            Omar Jan 04, 2009

Beware when buying duty free items on-board. I was coming back from Paris on flight number 016 on October 2008. During the flight I bought few items, only to discover a month later that I was over-charged. We’re in January now and I am still waiting and emailing…I was not given a proper bill, just the credit card receipt. When I attempted to correct the problem and get my money back, I’ve been given the run around…Over 5 Emails and multiple phone calls to find out who should I ask for my money back…Then they wanted proof, and without it, there is nothing they can do…They are saying they don’t know what I bought...And of course, they sent me to different department and now I am waiting for the other departments manager to come back so he can see!!! Do they think we are idiots! They don’t have a list of sold items? Basically, Qatar Airways are professionals when it comes to avoid paying back money that they literally and legally stole. Either the airlines or the crew member, but it don’t matter to them, since no one in QA really cares!

SURAYA BINTI HARON Feb 08, 2009

MARLISSA BINTI MOHAMED EUSOFF!!!
                            YOU DID A FALSE POLICE REPORT IN ORDER TO MISSERABLE PEOPLE LIFE...YOU INTRUDED INTO MY HOUSE!!!...YOU BREAK MY PLATE AND WATER GLASS IN MY KITCHEN IN MY HOUSE...AND YOU HELD THE KNIFE WITH POINTING IT TO MY NECK!!!...GO BACK TO MALAYSIA TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND DO NOT RUN AWAY!!!...FUTHERMORE YOU ARE THE LADY WITH CHARACTER LIKE TO STEAL PASSENGERS HANDPHONE...YES!!!..YOU TELL PEOPLE THEY ARE STUPID...THEY CANT DO MUCH...REMEMBER!!!...THEY PAY YOUR SALARY WITH BUYING A TICKETS!!!...
                            MARLISSA!!!
                            WE NOT FORGET YOU FOREVER!!!
                            " QATARAIRWAYS AIR CREW WANTED TO KILL MY FAMILY ON 3RD JANUARY 2009..."
                            YOU TOLD US THAT YOU WORK WITH QATAR AIRWAYS AND WITH YOUR HIGH SALARY YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WHATEVER YOU LIKE!!!..