Qantas — terrible customer service
I booked a single ticket from the Qantas website for travel between LAX and Auckland on 8th June 08. This cost US$1261, which was paid for immediately on my debit card. I wasn't too happy at the thought of traveling with Qantas, as I have had problems with them in the past, but price governs much of our activities nowadays. The following day, having found a considerably cheaper route, I decided to cancel the Qantas ticket. I had to contact their Australian office (there is no other option if you live in New Zealand). I was told the charge for canceling would be US300 and would take 2 weeks to be credited to my account. I waited for a month but no refund arrived. I tried to contact their Australian call center again on several occasions, but the waiting was never less than 15 minutes. After a month, I managed to get through after being on hold for 25 minutes, where the totally rude operator hung up within 10 seconds. I rang again, waited another 30 minutes before being told that I would have to speak to their US office at a time when they were awake (due to time differences). I duly rang again at 8am the following day, when I was eventually put through to the US office, only to be told that they were only beginning to process refunds from 5th MAY! Working on the Qantas timetable, that means I am unlikely to receive my refund (less their US$300) for 3 MONTHS. I wish I'd had the option to wait for 3 months before paying them. Never again, Qantas.
More Qantas Complaints & Reviews
- Qantas - escorted of the plane 5 mins before take off
- Qantas - lost baggage
- Qantas - qantas is a scam
- Qantas - lies, deception and fraud.
- Qantas - ground officer abuse of power
- Qantas - can't pre check in
- Qantas Airways - unauthorized credit card charge
- Qantas Airways - connection from melbourne to london
- Qantas Airways - I bought a ticket from qantas: new zealand to united states and I cant use it
- Qantas Airline - moved from business to economy class and need compensation