PSE&Gservice

Over the last several weeks (may/june - 2009), we have attempted to contact pse&g re: blatant errors in our may bill... However, their recent "systems" conversion has made communication impossible! Telephone waiting times exceed 30 minutes during normal business hours (pse&g confirms this on their automated answering system)... Instructions to call back during after hours - up 'till 8pm are absolute nonsense... When calling back after hours, we get a message that the office is closed and to call back during daytime hours. As an alternative, we have attempted several times to send inquiries using pse&g website... After completing all the necessary fields in the form provided, when we submit the form a message appears that due to "technical difficulties", please try again at a later date! Hopeless!!! Either this company is grossly incompetant or they just don't give a damn! Anyone else experience similar difficulties with the bungling, inept pse&g?

• La
    Laurie V Jun 23, 2009

I too have been having problems with my PSE&G bills. The therms reading for my May & June 2009 gas bills were 10 times higher than May & June 2008. I called in May, they had me read my meter of the phone. Customer Service said they would reissue a corrected bill. My June bill has the same reading for May and another extremely high June reading. Now PSE&G increased my budget payment. I know these numbers are wrong. Who is going to step up and fix this issue ?? Tried to call today, received same message to call back later, wait time was at least 10 minutes. HELP!

AnnMarie Dosztan Jun 25, 2009

I strongly agree with you. I have a pre-paid cell phone and I was on hold dor 1 hour and then I ran out of mins. I pay more for delivery chargers than I do for what I accuatly use what can we do about this. If anyone knows please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. They came out and shut me off and would even give me a payment option they wanted almost $800 to turn it on. I just today got a letter than I am eligible for the usf program, but they won't give me Fresh Start. They make no sence. AnnMarie

• Mo
    moliver4516 Aug 06, 2009

For those of you that don't know. If you have a shut off notice these utility companies will tell you what they WANT you to pay so they won't turn off your electric/gas. However, there is something called the 25% rule which by law, allows you to pay only 25% of your utility bill to keep it turned on. PSEG doesn't like to tell you about this but next time you're being threatened with shut off tell them you would like to pay 25% of your bill according to the 25% rule... it's a law in NJ for sure and they can't say no.

• Ef
    effed on my bill May 04, 2010

I just sat on hold for 32 friggin minutes and then they disconnected the call...fml

• Je
    Jeanette Rodriguez Dec 29, 2010

I Jeanette Rodriguez of 874 South 16ST . newark nj [protected] . I am concern about the bill you are saying i have to pay the account #s do not match and i dont have any old bill to but my recent bill pay .call at [protected]