Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Logo

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]

Having problems with Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]?

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 19, 2008. The latest review boiler was posted on May 17, 2021. The latest complaint "surprise" deposit requirements for 9-year customer was resolved on May 01, 2018. Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 81 reviews. Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] has resolved 37 complaints.

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 436 7734 (Emergencies)
+1 800 880 7734 (Emergencies)
+1 800 490 0075 (Emergencies, Long Island)
+1 800 490 0025 (Residential Customers, Long Island)
+1 800 966 4818 (Business Solutions Center, Long Island)
+1 800 490 0085 (Spanish Language)
80 Park Plaza, 10C
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Customer Service. Initial Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]. Discuss the issues you have had with Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Public Service Electric & Gass [PSEG]"surprise" deposit requirements for 9-year customer

PSE has joined the ranks of punishing people who are working hard to pay their bills by asking them to pay even more. I was surprised at the amount of a bill I recently received, and dug deeper to discover they added a security deposit to my bill. Because I paid late a couple of times they say. I'm sure I've paid late a few times over the past nine years, but I've always paid, including the late fees, and my bill is current. Not cool at all for a company who has a monopoly on a necessity to suddenly hit people with surprise deposit requests, and then refuse to budget on it. I'm still fighting it but I want everyone to know how PSE is treating us honest, hard-working people.

RESOLVED

My complaint is not with this company. I did not click Submit but it posted anyway.

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG]meter read/customer service/equal payment plan

Rip off! Rip off! Rip Off!. I just moved to the Burbs and I'm having to deal with this horrible company. They know we don't have other options so they can basically do what they want. You can even tell by the way you are treated by their representatives. Horrible service and rude. I'm finding that there always some reason why my bill ends up being backed up and I'm giving some crazy, unreasonable bill amount. I'm so disgusted and angry that this is my new reality. The equal payment plan is also the biggest trick so far. Don't do it!

Public Service Electric & Gas [PSEG] — new service

Currently, we are building a house at 17-09 Gates Place, Wayne NJ.  We have been trying for over a month to...

PSEG (Public Service Electric & Gass ) — smart meter

Smart meters are fire hazards and I do not want one, especially on a gas meter which could cause an...

PSE&Goutrageous hike in bill

My Business bill for the month of June is outrageously high. I need PSE&G to get their acts together and stop the indiscriminate hike in bills. I have called their customer service over the phone to no avail. No matter what you tell them, you are still in the wrong and you are getting charged the right bill. They are of no help. My May's bill was about $158 and change only to get two bills for the month of June totally $422.23! without doing anything different than turning on my fan on the hot and humid days! The non effective, energy saving a/c I have was only turned on once out of the less than 30 days for this outrageous bill!

PSEG (Public Service Electric & Gass ) — hot water not available

I had a representative come to my place this morning to replace the hot water meter and after he left the hot...

PSEG (Public Service Electric & Gass ) — care free

Dear sir /mam yesterday i had a services appointment for a gas heater unit, the service man arrived and...

PSEG (Public Service Electric & Gass ) — worry free

To whom it may concern: I am writing to complain about a very distrubring situation regarding the level of...

South Orange

PSEG — outrageous charges

This morning I opened up my pseg envelope and was shocked to see the amount I was charged of $819.14. My...

Pseg (Public Service Electric " Gas) — meter readers don't come to read the meter my bills are all estimates

For almost a year the Meter Reader has not come to read the meters gas and electric. The gas meter is inside...

PSEG (Public Service Enterprise Group) — miele gas dryer

A service technician from Public service Electric and Gas Company came to my home On Friday, February 19...

PSEG - Public Service Electric & Gasdue to bancruptcy I am charged alnost $500.00 with a credit on bill before bankruptcy

I claimed bankruptcy a couple of months ago and had no balance due on PSEG account but was charged a reconnection fee of almost $500.00. Where do they get off doing things like this, this is robbery. They need to be stopped and their customer service is terrible. These people need to have some outside entity to govern what they do and how they treat people they are the worst in so many ways.

jaya029 Jun 20, 2016

I filed for bankruptcy a month ago, still had a credit of 200.00 in the account with them and no balance owe and today I get a bill requesting a deposit of 244.00 when I haven't moved from my apartment and all they did was open a new account for because of the bankruptcy, this is crazy!!!

PSEGover charging, shut off electric

[protected]@g is over charging on my electric bill, shut off my service on 11-04-2015 at around 8:45 am til 2:45pm causing some of my food to go bad, among not reading the meter right, the basement is hook up to my floor apartment, they cause harm because iam disable and need electric to eat, take medicine, while not able to do any thing, this has cause habit to my family.

PSEG — overcharge

My property was in disuse and boarded since last june. Pseg sent estimated bills overcharging me by several...

PSE&Gpayment assistance

Hello,

I am writing yet again for assistance with my electric/ gas bill. I have explained several times in the past that my husband is now disable. He no longer works therefore he had to income for about 8 months. He was just approved for disability payments and we are trying our best to get back on our feet. We are still waiting approval on assistance through the pack agency. So can someone please explain why a peg representative keeps showing up at my door telling me my bill is past due and asking for outrageous amount to keep the services on???? I have explained that my husband uses a machine for his sleep apnea throughout the day and night. This is going to be my last correspondence. I have reached out to pseg customer service line. The woman though nice explained that I would have to pay 1200.00 of a 1600.00 bill. Are you kidding.?? If I had that kind of money the services would not be past due. I'm not going to waste my time any more writing letters and sending emails. I'm getting an attorney involved. You cannot tell me that with all the payment assistance services I see on pseg website. I can't qualify for anything? And the best they can tell me is pay 1200.00. No way am I going to sit back and let this happen. One last thing. If you had to choose between paying your utilities or feeding your family and getting medicine then we all know what the choice would be.

PSEGhigh bill outrageous illegal

This company NEEDS to be investigated for FRAUD. How the hell can they get away with this? Where is the class action. You can't charge someone 267 friggin dollars for ONE GOD DAMN MONTH when we barely use our utilities here in our 700 sq ft apt. We're at work all day. This is ludicrous. They are scamming us and getting away with it. In 2012 a "state agency" was investigating PSEG for over charging customers. How the hell is this legal?

• Se
                  Sebastian indo Mar 12, 2015

Pse&g is billing me 277.98 for 8 (eight) days of service and the unit is empty. And unit it 800 square feet. I spoke to 5 (disrespectful) people of phone who were clueless, then a supervisor Anwar #cm13w who put me on hold not less then 4 times (total time on phone 3hours) just with supervisor and we got nowhere.

• Ni
                  nicki 42 Jun 15, 2012

i n ot paying for another person that had service on my line the house foreclosure i not paying the bill pseg it was illegal hook up

PSEG of Essex county, NJ — raising my bill to 2 grand for hurricane sandy

Decision Makers at PSE&G: I’ve just receive my August bill thinking that it would be low, which I wa...

PSE&G — customer service

I reported a minor gas leak on my furnace, the PSE&G employee came into my house and confirmed the leak and...

PSE&Glack of protocol

I recently smelled gas on th outside of my house and called PSE&G to get the issue resolved. It was basically an issue outside the house with the gas meter. I clearly stated all of these detail to the representative on the phone. I asked them if I needed to be home and they said that I would not need to be home. While I was out, about a 30 minute drive away, they called me and said that they have to shut off my gas and if I dont come back in time, I would have to call in to have it switched back on. When I got back home, I called right away and they said that they would send someone out within 2 hours and for me to call back if no one showed up. The 2 hours passed and it was 7:30 PM by now. When I called back I was told that they may or may not come. The next morning, I called them and instead of admitting that the whole issue was their fault, they basically said that when someone isn't home and the gas needs to be shut off, it wont be switched back on unless someone is at home. I don't understand why it is so difficult for a company as big as PSE&G to just create a protocol which states that for any repairs, someone must be at home. By giving customers the impression that they are accommodating their needs, all they have done is create more issues for the customer. I am now without gas 18 hours later and my house is quite chilly and I haven't been able to get any cooking done for a very busy weekend. PSE&G, please change your policies. Wake up and pay attention to what real customer service is!

Jamie Shadel Jul 16, 2014

PSEG DRIVERS ARE SPEEDING LIKE CRIMINALS IN SOUTH JERSEY! SLOW DOWN!!! Your (PSEG) employees should know better than to speed 60 mph on a 40 mph zone. Please urge your drivers to slow down behind the wheel for everyone's safety!!!

PSE&G — $500 deposit required when name change due to divorce

I have lived in the same home for 20 years and had the same PSE&G account number for 20 years during which...