PSE&Ghorrible customer service

I received a notice from pse&g stating I needed to contact them to schedule an inspection. I called this morning and to jason (no last name) to do so and he was without a doubt the rudest, most obnoxious idiot i've ever spoken to. He had no idea what I was talking about or how to help me, and to top it off, he was unwilling to transfer me to someone who could. He's in serious need of some customer service training. Pse&g please!!! Make sure your employees have proper training prior to putting them on the phones to interact with customers, as this will have a huge impact (not a good one) on your company at some point!! It really needs to stop.

• Bb
    BBN Aug 02, 2012

I don't know Jason, but I've spoken to four or five people in the last 2-3 weeks and all of them are as incompetent and bad-mannered as I've ever dealt with. Absolutely obnoxious management of customer service at PSEG. It seems like they are protective of their revenues and train their reps to discourage customers from any action.

• Cp
    CPaulraj Nov 23, 2009

Worst thing is that you have no choice but to put up with their customer disservice. I am going thru similar one right now, I called them and waited on the phone for 45 minutes to update my account after moving into my new house. The customer rep confirmed that everything was completed, yet I received my monthly statement with name "OCCUPANT UNKNOWN". Had to call them back and waited about 30 minutes to get someone on the call. Now the they are telling me that it's too late to update my account and I have to personally visit their office to update it. When I tried to explain it, he just disconnected abrubtly.

Chris Paulraj
    New Jersey

and2 Oct 28, 2009

PSE G HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BILL/PAYMENTS AND NO ONE COULD EXPLAIN IT. THE WAIT TIME TO SPEAK TO A REP WAS SO LONG AND ONCE I FINALLY SPOKE TO SOMEONE THEY EITHER PUT ME ON HOLD FOREVER OR WERE RUDE AND COULD NOT HELP. I SPOKE TO ATLEAST 8 REPS BEFORE BEING ABLE TO LEAVE MY NUMBER FOR A SUPERVISOR TO CALL ME BACK. THE WORST PART OF IT WAS THAT THE PROBLEM WAS COMPUTER GENERATED ON THEIR END AND I WAS STILL TREATED SO RUDELY BY REPS THAT ALL GAVE ME DIFFERENT ANSWERS ABOUT MY ACCOUNT! FROM WHAT I HEAR AND READ, A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH TELEPHONE AND/OR ONLINE PAYMENTS TO PSEG. I PREFER TO PAY MY BILLS ONLINE BUT I WILL DEFINITLY GO BACK TO MAILING PAYMENTS TO PSEG-I DO NOT TRUST THEIR SYSTEM-TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD DOUBLE PAYMENTS TAKEN FROM BANK ACCOUNTS OR PAYMENTS TAKEN OUT FOR THE WRONG AMOUNT. BE CAREFUL WITH PSEG AND DONT EXPECT ANY HELP WHEN THEY MAKE A MISTAKE!!!