Progressive Insuranceconsumers, we should band together and file a class-action lawsuit.

I signed on with Progressive only to find that the bill I received was a lot more than the quote they gave me. I went ahead because I really needed to be covered asap, with the intention of changing insurance companies as soon as possible in mind.

At renewal time I chose not to renew and went to another company.

Next thing I know a bill for the next billing cycle shows up and their claim is that "in the fine print" it is stated that you MUST stay the entire year, and that if you choose to leave within the first renewal period that they may bill you for the balance of the year.

Upon looking over the "fine print" on my contract I did not see anything stating this and so I have been battling them ever since. It is on my credit report and I am having a rough time making any headway.

I have talked to several other people who have been scammed this way by them, too. My feeling is that, as we are prot4cted by law in the marketplace to move about freely as consumers, we should band together and file a class-action lawsuit.

Gail R. Welch Jul 13, 2019

I will sign a class action suit. Just let me know what to do.

Gail R. Welch Jul 13, 2019

Also, they had plenty of time to tell me about my lack of insurance because I called them and had to add something that the agent left off the insurance. But, they never once told me oh you know you do not have full coverage.
    Also, with having a lease they are supposed to tell my leasing office that I do not have full coverage, which they did not do.
    They are frauds. How or what can I do to fight them about this issue.
    gail welch

Gail R. Welch Jul 13, 2019

I had Progressive insurance and it was OK until I added my son to my account and since he drove for Lyft I needed to go to commercial side. After I got his quote and the insurance was fine. I called my son and told him he was insured and how much it would be a month. All was fine until 7 months later he got in an accident while driving for Lyft. When we contacted the Progressive insurance company we found out we did not have collision. How convenient. We were not told that he needed an inspection for driving with lyft. Also, his car was leased and needed full coverage. Now Progressive or Lyft are not covering the accident. Again how convenient. I think it is their policy to forget to tell you the details, so you are screwed out of your full coverage. The agent was totally in the wrong. Also, her boss said that she checked off that she had told me an inspection was tole to me.. Again, How Convenient. They are a rip off.
    Gail welch

• Wo
    Wounded Insured Apr 03, 2017

Contact the Federal trade Commission, file a complaint and they'll act on our behalf. Progressive illegally sold my vehicle. I already filed a complaint. They don't act on individual complaint, but when enough of us contacts them and file, it'll get the legal action against them moving and they'll conduct a full investigation. ftc.gov/complaint or call [protected].

• Us
    US Marine 13 Mar 25, 2013

I was over charged while deployed to Afghanistan and they refuse to refund any money or give me credit. Said it was my responsibility to notify them; difficult to do when I'm dodging bullets and IED's. I guess this is the way they treat military personnel while we fight for their right to conduct business in this country.

• Wh
    whollysmokes Apr 16, 2012

I had Progressive auto Insurance for a few years on two cars, two drivers in household with clean driving records and no accidents. Each and every years Progressive would raise the rates substantially. This year I had the time to check around and found a few companies with rates 25% below Progressive - I let Progressive know about this and they said "so what, go with one of the other companies".

Now I learn that the CEO of Progressive is a big donor to Obama - wish I had known sooner - as I do not want any of my money going to anyone that supports Obama. I suggest that IF you feel the same that you not do business with Progressive and IF you are check other companies and even if their rates are a little higher - support companies that support the American Way

...

• Pr
    PROGRESSIVE CAR INS Jul 07, 2011

I have a policy through your company and got hit by a car who ran a stop sign on Tuesday morning in a parking garage. I am completely dissatisfied with how you have handled my claim. I am a single mother of two kids, have now had to pay $600 for a rental car because you have not "completed your investigation". The other guy has 10 days to give you a statement, but I am your customer, I pay you every month for coverage, and what am I supposed to do for at least 10 days? I will make sure I am switch companies when my policy is up, I am calling my local news station to make people in my area aware of your practices, and I am also going to let everyone on Facebook know as well. You want your money paid for my premium every month but yet you do not take care of your customers

• Bl
    block0053 May 16, 2011

I got a quote from them on a new truck before I went in to buy it. After I signed the papers I called them to fax my ins. cards and they raised my quote considerable. They had me. I sent them an e-mail telling them I felt like they took advantage of me and asked how they would make things right, or I would find another company. Their response was, "Sorry to lose you as a customer". After telling my story to several friends I find out they had similar experiences with progressive. All in all, Progressive is a dishonest crooked company!

• Th
    THE EXECUTIONER Jan 10, 2011

PROGRESSIVE, IS A FRAUD, A FRONT FOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES TO DEFRAUD YOU OUT OF YOUR RIGHTS WHEN A CLAIM ARISES, AND THEN PROVIDES THESE MANUFACTURED DECLARATION PAGES WITH DIFFERENT LIMITS TO ROB YOU, BE AWARE THIS IS A NO GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY!!!

• Ro
    Roxanne Brock Jul 14, 2019

@THE EXECUTIONER Yep! And they're STILL doing it unfortunately to unsuspecting victims like myself. 50 years old and had a felony hit-n-run November 2018. I was the 4th car in a chain reaction collision and they blamed ME for the accident! They have just about ruined me financially by raising my rates 3x and my car has to go in for the 4th time for repairs because of their [censored]ty collision shop they had my car towed to! I'm furious beyond belief and am looking for other victims to do a class action lawsuit with me!!

• Ad
    adjuster Oct 20, 2010

I am trying to compile a list of Known Progressive Insurance adjusters. If you can email me at [email protected] I would appreciate it. This will be for a database of adjusters. Please include the name, phone number and possible email address of any contacts you have with progressive. Thank you.

• H2
    h20girl Jul 30, 2009

So you are upset that the company changed your rate because you did not disclose all of your claim information. Progressive asked you about all claims... that means AF and NAF...even rock chip and towing claims. When you signed the paperwork, did you read the statement about the rate changing upon verifying your driving/claim history? You tried to sneak it by them and you got caught, now you complain?!

• H2
    h20girl Jul 30, 2009

I've never seen that wording in a Progressive policy. Further, I've canceled my Progressive policy 4 months into the policy period and I received a pro-rated refund. What state are you in?

• Yo
    you get what you pay for Apr 04, 2009

I think that Progressive has some "bordering on illegal" policies and I hope they are investigated and/or sued. They don't pay claims-there's always a clause or something in fine print that they use to get out of covering you. Their website says they have a 100% approval rating-that is a total joke!

• He
    Heather West Feb 19, 2009

I just had an experience where the quote I received online was raised by almost $200 per year due to an "accident" that is not on my driving record! My car was parked on the street and hit. The driver of the other car was cited, his insurance company paid to fix my car 100% and that was over 2 years ago. Why am I being penalized for this? The representative could not explain it other than to say that any accident would change my premium quote. It was not an accident that I was involved in! The car was parked on the street! lol Wow, what a crazy policy. If you make any headway with that lawsuit or need any other information about my story, email me at [email protected]