Portfolio Recovery AssociatesHarrassment

A

They have repeatedly called me in the morning and at night. We just moved back state-side after living overseas for three years. We are trying to get our finances in order and I have asked them to send correspondence and to stop calling. They yell at me stating that I owe them money. Last call was at 4:26 pm, MST. I had to hang up on him. We are looking for a resolution to this debt but they are not helping the situation.

Annie Simmons Jul 29, 2017

This is true about the phone calls, regardless if I pay my bill on time continuously every month the calls continue to come .and they try and convince me the only way the calls will stop is that I arrange for my payments to be debited from my checking account I don't think so because it shouldn't matter if the payments are made by money orders or cash shears check or any other sources long as it is paid . Also I never receive monthly statements from portfolio recovery what is up with this company..

• Br
    B RAD Apr 04, 2011

Portfolio will never stop calling, and they want you to know that. They want money for old debts they claim to have purchased from banks and such. They do not care that much of what the bought is well past the SOL and will not advise you of that. They have twenty year old debt they try to collect on. Be smart, if your debt is past the SOL (check your state and how to determine your starting date) than do not pay them. If you want to pay off old debt then pay the original creditor. Portfolio will call until you send a C&D letter or give them money.

• ErinSadler Jan 18, 2011

Yea JD when my mothers long term boyfriend passed away we kept getting letters from the IRS (you would figure the government would know he was dead especially considering he had a military funeral on the government dime) saying he owed them a ton of money. I called like a dozen times and explained he was dead but we couldn't get a death certificate since we weren't legally family and still the letters came so I went to the cemetery and took a poloroid of his gravestone and mailed it to them. Never got a letter after that lol