Popeyes Chickenbad food preparation

L

On 7/13/07, I purchased chicken and an order of french fries from Popeyes on Boston Road, Bronx, New York.

Upon arrival home and opening the french fries, I found 5 shrimp mixed in with the fries. This is a very serious issue for me as I have life threatening allergies to shell fish. If these foods are going to cross contaminate, then Popeyes should advise their customers of this. I had to throw away the fries. I did not see any sign in the establishment addressing this.

• Md
    M. Dew May 03, 2012

I live in La Plata, MD and on April 30th I purchased 3 pc chicken meal with coleslaw & biscuit from the Popeyes in that location. A few hours after eating I began to experience a burning itch and developed hives. I am highly allergic to shrimp and did not realize the chicken and shrimp were cooked in the same oil. I thought this was against policy in restaurant establishments and am disappointed that Popeyes would not take care for the safety of its customers. I guess KFC will have to be my fried chicken place of choice from now on.

• 71
    717justin Dec 15, 2009

I just ate there, I had the fried chicken. It made me sick as can be. I am very allergic to shellfish and they fry the popcorn shrimp in the same oil as the chicken. Places alway disclose things about peanuts but nothing about shellfish. applebees does the same thing to. It is very dangerious