Pizza Hutterrible experience

K

My Partner and I decided to get Pizza Hut for a late lunch/early dinner as we had not had it for a while. We ordered the 'big night in' which was 1 Hawaiian Pizza, 1 Meatlovers Pizza, 1 Supreme Pizza, Chips, Garlic Bread and a Drink. We were told 10 or 15mins which was fine, 40 minz later we were finally walking out with our food. 1stly, the Chips were cold and uncooked, the Hawaiian Pizza was not cooked properly and the ham was hard and stringy. The Crust was not what we had asked for and the Meatlovers Pizza had no BBQ Sauce which we specifically asked for (even though i think this should come with the sauce anyway). To top it off, i am supposed to be at work today but instead i am forced to stay in bed with Food Poisoning! we are a young couple with a mortgage - i cannot afford to be having a day off. It might be a while before i can go back to Pizza Hut again - if i ever will which is quite disappointing because we don't like any other pizza. so maybe we will just have to find a completely different type of food. Burger Wisconsin maybe?

• Ta
    Tammy Dixon May 21, 2007

I was at the Pizza Hut in Siloam Springs Arkansas and I have never been so horrified in my life. The tables were all covered in food and no one was even trying to clean it. The floor was nothing better. The salad bar was hot and food was starting to smell. It took the waitress 20minutes to even come over to the table a actually take our order. She came over to us three times but never asked for our drinks, appetizers, or food order. When we received the food it was wrong and we had no plates or silverware. We received no refills, napkins, or spatula to serve the pizza. I tried to tell the manager, but he was no where to be found. I spent over $40 on the worst service you can ever get.

A loyal consumer Aug 13, 2007

I was in a Pizza Hut in Baton Rouge, La. I noticed when the employee went to make the pizza he left the register and made the pizza without washing his hands. The young man returned to the register and took another order, and went back and repeated the same thing. This is so unprofessional! This was at the 5175 Florida Blvd. Store.

A Loyal Consumer II Sep 28, 2007

True, not the best health practices and NOT the standard operation procedures for Pizza Hut or any food service. However, the danger zone for food borne illness is above 40 degrees and below 140 degrees F. So any pizza being sent through the oven for 8-9 minutes at 435-440 degrees will kill any germs that you have already received from the money that you handle everyday without washing your hands before touching your nose, eyes, or mouth.

• Da
    dauria lercara Nov 11, 2007

My family ordered 2 pizzas from pizza hut on 11/11 at 940pm. We were told they would be ready in 15-20 minutes. My daughter went to pick them up. When she walked in they said they were closed and she said she was there to pick up. They told her our food was gone because (get this!!) some people had come in and wanted free food and went behind the counter and ate our pizzas. She just said wow and walked out and we will never deal with pizza hut again.

• Ke
    kevin jacobs Feb 03, 2008

That sounds like bullsh*t! i am a mechanical engineer and never ahve personally worked myself at pizza hut.. but my gf who is a pizza hut manager would never be allowed to do that. So you're either makin it up out of ur a$$. or just diggin up some bullshi$t aginst pizzaahut.

• Bo
    Bonfyr Feb 26, 2008

It's true that the germs are killed, but the build up of dirt and other unknown material from the money is not healthy. What if this guy cuts your pizza? What if he cut the lettuce for the salad bar? If he doesn't wash in front of customers, what does he do out of sight?

• Bo
    Bonfyr Feb 26, 2008

Why would you sit down in a restaurant that looked as you claim this one did? Just a glutton for punishment I suppose. And you got it sweet heart.

Alexander Ivanov Mar 13, 2008

13.03.2008 we were tould that it will take 45min.-1h. for home delivery around 21, 30, it is 11, 05 now and we are still waiting... this is how they usually work in Abu Dhabi, is it same story at other places...

mary Mar 13, 2008

Poor management, employees all over the place that don't know what their doing and smoking cigarettes in front of the door, i use to be a worker at pizza hut and little censers and i dare any of my employees to smoke a cigarettes and they weren't listening to the manager. So if you need any help in any management call me, because they don't know what their and there was 6 complaints and thats part of food casts i am sure you have paper food and labor cast!

• Mo
    Moses May 02, 2008

Hey I've had this happen a few times before, but you know the best remedy? To be EXTRA NICE! I had order a medium regular pizza with pepperoni and they sent me a pizza with totally different toppings. So I called them and spoke to them NICELY about the situation, and they APOLOGIZED and sent me TWO of the right pizza orders with STUFF CRUST!!! Try it sometime!

• Valerie May 03, 2008

About six months ago I attempted to order a pizza from my local pizza hut. They told me that they would not delivery to my house (which is, literally, four minutes away). Furthermore, their employee who was on the phone was extremely rude and actually hung up.

Recently, I decided to try them again, since there is nothing like a pizza hut pizza... I didn't want to deal with their employees, so I ordered online, which was alright, not great though. When I went to pick it up, they overcharged me without explanation. The order was also incorrect, and the bacon was disgustingly fatty (chunks of fat, not even cooked).

I figured that I would just complain online. Surely the franchise would care if one outlet was subpart. The process of complaining was terrible, but I managed to do it. I was never contacted by anyone.

I will not consider going to a pizza hut for probably two years (which I have done to other businesses).

I think Papa John's sounds good right now...

bigsmellyman May 08, 2008

Who would be so lazy to ask for delivery when you are 4 minutes away?

bigsmellyman May 08, 2008

Why don't you get off of your lazy ### and get it yourself?

• Ms
    MS. TRINA B. Jun 09, 2008

TO WHOMIT MAY CONCERN:

I'M WRITING THIS LETTER TO INFORM YOU THAT ON SUNDAY, JUNE 8, 2008 ME AND MY FAMILY WENT TO PIZZA HUT. AND WHILE WE WERE THERE WE HAD TO WAIT ABOUT 15 MINUTES TO BE SEATED. AND THE ONLY REASON WHY WE WAS ABLE TO SIT DOWN IS CAUSE WE ASKED THE YOUNG LADY WITH NO NAME TAG ON COULD SHE PLEASE SEAT US? AND THAT WHEN SHE TOLD US YOU CAN SEAT YOURSELF. AND I FELT THAT WAS RUDE. AND THEN IT TOOK HER ABOUT 15 MINUTES TO COME BACK TO TAKE OUR ORDER. AND THEN WHEN WE GOT THE PIZZA 25 MINUTES LATER THEY HAD FAST COOKED IT. AND THE BOTTOM WAS REALLY SOFT. AND THAT WE ASKED FOR EXTRA SAUCE CAUSE AT CERTAIN PIZZA HUTS THEY DON'T PUT ENOUGH SAUCE ON THE PIZZA. AND WHAT IS PIZZA WITHOUT SAUCE. AND WHEN THE YOUNG LADY CAME BACK I WAS EXPLANING TO HER WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE PIZZA. AND THAT WHEN SHE SAID I NEED TO GO AND GET YOU YOUR BILL. AND I TOLD HER WE DID NOT EAT THE PIZZA CAUSE IT NOT COOKED RIGHT. AND THAT IS WHEN SHE WENT AND TALKED TO THE MANAGER (ERICKA). AND THAT PIZZA HUT LOST A LOT OF CUSTOMERS YESTERDAY CAUSE THEY WAS SO SLOW. AND PEOPLE WAITED ALONG TIME. AND ALL EMPLOYEES SHOULD HAVE ON NAME TAGS. AND NOT ONE OF THEM HAVE ON ONE YESTERDAY. AND THEY TAKE TO LONG TO CLEAN UP CAUSE THE TABLE WAS LEFT DIRTY TOO LONG. AND WHILE I WAS AT PIZZA HUT I NOTICE THAT ERICKA THE DID NOT WASH HER HANDS AND SHE WAS MAKING PIZZA, RUNNING THE REGISTER AND ECT.

• Pe
    Peggy Jun 12, 2008

I ordered by phone a medium thin crust supreme to be picked up. First of all the young lady that answered the phone spoke so fast and unclear that I was unable to tell anything that she said and had to ask. When I picked up the pizza I suppose it was the same young lady that greeted with sullen politeness and no smile. The pizza when I got home was a disgrace to Pizza Hut. There were very little toppings, just enough to barely get by, and the cheese was almost nonexistant. This is ridiculous. They advertise a good looking pizza and what you get is less than you could buy frozen! For all of this wonderful meal I paid over $16.

bigsmellyman Jul 07, 2008

cuz they was so slow?

• Br
    Brenda Odom Jul 27, 2008

went and got a large supreme pizza for supper tonight on7-27-08.my brother got home with it there wasn't any red sauce on it as i could tell and nothing around the edge, not much in the center, i called back down there, the manager said if we brought it back she would fix us another one but we live 14 miles away.i asked if she would pay for the gas it took to come back.she said there wasn't anything she could do.it is a shame you buy something and don't get what you pay for.if any one asked me for a good pizza place i would tell them not to go to pizza hut for they don't care about their customers at all.that is my complaint

• Fr
    Fran Jul 29, 2008

My family orders pizza from only Pizza Hut, but I think that will change. Everytime we order there is a hassle about the pie we want. We like the cheese lovers pan pizza. Well, tonight we were told we can only get it if we get 2 toppings on it. Even though I offered to pay for the one with 2 toppings I could not get it without them. I then ordered the medium pan pizza with extra cheese. When my husband picked it up it was a regular pan pizza no extra cheese. We always have to take a chance that we will get what we want. But usually it isn't. The pizza is never as ordered, it is burnt, under done, or the wrong pie... That's it! I guess they don't need our business in this very small town.. They won't be open much longer with this kind of service.

• Ah
    ahmad junaid Aug 01, 2008

I need my money back.new sunrise pizza was pathatic .no chicken, no cheese, no topping only bread.
    peshawar

• Ik
    ikester Aug 11, 2008

General manager treats employees like they are dogs the f word come out of her mouth every five minutes she blames employees for things they didn't even due. For example i am a driver and I was answering the phone on Friday and I had a delivery come up so I let the regular guy who answers phones take over and the order got screwed up. So when I came back from my delivery she said I f, d up phone orders all week well remember I said it was Friday, the last day I worked was the Monday before that. Well anyway on aug-9th sat. Orders and delivery was running an hour and a half behind so every customer you would deliver to would be very up set well my first customer I got there very quick and he tried helping pull out the order and the pasta dropped so I gave him a refund and he said he was not upset with me but 1 1/2 late thing.

• Pi
    pizzaless in goodyear Aug 11, 2008

called in an order on a friday night expecting a little wait for pizza...when i asked over the phone how long????? i was told 30-35 minutes. i head up to the new location and find a room full of unhappy people getting the wrong pizzas ...what was supposedly a 30 minute wait turned into a 55 minute waste of time because they then could not find my pizza and said they could remake if i wanted to wait another 20 minutes or longer...so 1 wasted hour of time and i left with no pizza and will never order pizza from that location...also will let others know about this lack of service and rude response from manager (heather) on duty no sorry no offer of discount nothin...DO NOT ORDER PIZZA FROM GOODYEAR AZ PIZZA HUT HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Sherry Bonnewell Sep 02, 2008

I ordered online 2 of their new pasta items waited an hour called to check on the order at which time they informed me they were out of ALL of their pasta dishes... They neglected to get in touch with me to let me know!! So my family ended up eating late because of their laziness!!!

• Ga
    Garrett Pearce Sep 30, 2008

I just quit, about a half hour ago. The store manager himself got in my face. The reason he did this was he was sticking up for the girl he's sleeping with. Who just happens to be the asst. store manager. The thing is he's married. She is lazy and he knows it. I pushed him out of my face, so he waits til I turn my back then jumps me in the store. I flip him over yet he still keeps fighting. His name is Mark Taylor at the Mattoon, IL store. Store # 2627. He does drug deals right in the lot and rips off the store daily. He will take orders make them. but never ring them up. Them when money is missing blames all of us managers. I just glad I got the best of him. I can't find a way to talk to corp. please help.

• Di
    Dinne wallace Oct 05, 2008

We stopped for lunch Sunday October 5th at 12:30. After a few minutes we ordered a pasta dish and a personal pan pizza. After 30 minutes they brought the pasta dish, and said mine should be out in a few minutes. After another 15 minutes she ask what I ordered, another 15 minutes she said they put in the wrong pizza and it would be another 10 minute wait, at that point I said to keep it, it had been an hour for a personal pan pizza. I left your restaurant with no lunch and a bill of 16.14. My concern was the help that were working that day. there were not very many people in the restaurant and it should should not have taken that long. I understand mix ups and mistakes but this was ridiculous.
    If the staff need more training I would encourage that, and maybe they need to write things down if they cannot remember from the table to the cook. I appreciate your hearing my concerns about your facility, not the first time I have heard it but hopefully will be the last.

• Ze
    Zeeshan Oct 07, 2008

• Mo
    mook Dec 01, 2008

we almost didn't get our pizzas a few nights ago because they put OUR pizzas in the delivery car and were gonna give another order's pizzas to us. How stupid...

Johnsons Feb 16, 2009

I am not exaggerating but on February 15 2009 Pizza Hut ruined my whole day. First of all the Order I placed came One Hour Late. Second they did not give me ANY dipping sauce for breadsticks. But that's not even the half of my concern. The WORSE thing is that they delivered RAW Chicken Wings. I am not exaggerating I have pictures to prove it.

I called and they didn't want to do anything useful, they just say they would give me credit towards the next order that I would never place, so they were not helpful or polite. I work in Sales for at&t and get thousands of customers and I will make sure EVERYONE knows how bad Pizza hut is. All my customers, family and friends will know about this HORRIBLE Experience.

• Jk
    jkdflaisd Feb 16, 2009

You must understand that at ANY good dining establishment worth anything there will be a wait for service. You don't get your cable hooked up immediately, you don't get to see the doctor always the same day, you can't have your babies the day you get pregnant...you gotta wait. It's part of life. We cannot predict how many people will order pizza on any given night and it would be ridiculous to think anyone can make hundreds of pizza's in one day without any mistakes. Get over your stupid-### ###ed, impatient self.

• Gi
    gillard Aug 04, 2009

Just had a bad experience at pizza hut at Merthyr Tydfil. My husband and I waited an hour for a pizza and a salad when it eventually arrived the pizza was like board with very little topping on it ? Thinking about it it could have been the box that was served!! The salad was also also passed it's sell buy date, very limp and brown with soft soggy edges. When complaints were made to the staff they just shrugged and offered another cardboard delight. When leaving the premises the waitress that served us was outside the door enjoying a cigarette, this needless to say will be my first and last visit to pizza hut.

• Li
    lilvixen69 Aug 12, 2009

Speaking of laziness...how about eating at home instead of eating at Pizza Hut?

• Pa
    PakJ86 Jan 08, 2010

The menu is not correct - they no longer have roasted red peppers or green olives. Also I tried to sign up for online delivery and it could not find a store near me - the store is less than 8 blocks away! Pizza Hut needs to get their information updated...hello...ever heard of GPS? I think it would nice to update what you actually have in the store - oh, they also do not have the wheat crust so don't try to order that either! In the age of twitter and social media, these complaints go a long way and should be taken seriously. Dominos is looking better and better.

• Ro
    Roscoe Jan 10, 2010

hmm..i got green olives on my super supreme last night...weird.

Shafqat Rasool Jun 21, 2011

I had almost the same situation last night in the same branch in Satwa, i went there with my relatives, a couple who come from UK for honey moon 1st time in Dubai, i was praising about service in Dubai like any thing. 1st of all no body came for order for 15 minutes after calling many time to them 1 Arabic guy came with great attitude, after order the offer package of AED 89, he asked me of which flavor and i replied which you have, he threw menu in front of me and said just check and let me, he was so rode, i was so shy in front of my guests, then he punched wrong order when we went to take salad, he calls from far that we are not entitled about this and we have to pay extra, after arguing they change the order to our desired which we had given originally, they just service pizza but nothing else even drinks, it was so em brassing situation there, when i asked for the manager and meet with him, he did not do anything, just apologizes sir, this guy is like that only, we will service you drinks shortly, they served once we finished our food and ready to go, The Arabic guy who create all this drama was just smiling on us showing he has given us a hard time. All staff working there has no sense and no training at all. I will never go to any pizza hut in my life again.

shazzle Jul 04, 2011

pizza huts online service is a joke, i ordered and signed up as a member, it gave me an address to choose but a different address came up on their screen at their end, (place instead of street) even though the correct address was on my screen. when i tried to change this it would not let me yet the person on their 0800 number insisted i could still get the pizzas delivered but proceeded to explain that their driver went to the wrong address. WHAT?? then when i attempted to re order explained they would have to charge my visa again even though the previous order was approved and paid for ...SHADY. Will go to dominoes, they're much easier

• Xx
    xxxxxxxxxy Apr 08, 2012

We went to pizza hut, lake side Rotorua and we specifically ordered chicken pizza and told the attendant that we do not eat beef and pork and we were charged extra for the chicken although we said to subtract pepparoni and ham but thats was fine with us but when we actually got the pizza, it had pepparoni in it.We went to the counter and told the manager on duty, Mr SANDEEP SINGH who is from India. We found him to be so rude and he has no customer service ethics. He said that he couldnt do anything in rude manner and had high voice. he could have polite and said that sorry but no he was so arrogant who is not fit for the manager. on top he was showing his name on the name tag and was shouting that we could go and make a complaint.What a attitude some people has.

chander79 Apr 13, 2012

Yesterday we decided not to cook food home we will order pizza from pizza hut.we were quite hungry at that time then we order on line lines were quite busy but that allright we order 3 vege pizza 2 thin and crispy hot and one pan bake no chilli . When we recieved pizza as told we were quite hungrey we open the box and start eating . That pizza was so dry chesse was so less and it was hard to swallow we open drink and we ate that pizza . because kids wew hungery thhey ate pizza .IU complaint to store they said can you produse thatt pizza we told him we have couple of slices left . he said you have to come back to store with whole pizza then we can do something for you . and i ll let my saff know that

• Gr
    Gri Jul 27, 2012

Last night we ordered two meat lover pizzas to eat while watching the rugby. We ordered them at 7.35 pm and were told they would be delivered 8.16pm. They arrived around 9.00pm - cold and with absolutely no cheese and little meat. The pizza delivery boy had left - we paused the rugby (very frustrating) returned them to the shop and asked for our money back - after a discussion we were given our money back. We remain extremely disappointed by the lack of dinner by 9.00 pm.! The service was appalling, food disgusting and we feel the brand has been let down. We won't be ordering Pizza from Pizza Hut again.

• Si
    Simonc42 Sep 28, 2012

Last night I ordered online from Pizzahut Sydenham, Christchurch 2 meatlovers pizza 2 garlic bread 1 fries estimated delivery time 30minutes the food arrived over an hour later stone cold and they forgot 1 of the garlic bread

• At
    At _Your_ Service Sep 28, 2012

I ordered dominos

• Ka
    KanwarBrar Oct 21, 2012

I ordered veg pizza from Hobson st Auckland city. The guy who took my order was manager. He told me 10 minutes which was great. But when my pizza comes out of oven he's not wearing hairnet, no cap, he was busy on phone. Apparently, he decided to give priority to his phone so he kept me waiting, until he finished listening something. Then he cut my pizza gave to me no thank you nothing. So rude. When I come home opened a box it was horribly made all toppings dumped into centre. It's so bad that i decided now not to buy from them anymore. I also clicked pictures and I tried to attach but this site doesn't seems to working properly.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices