Having problems with People Finders?

+1 800 718 8997 (Customer Service)
1821 Q Street
Thu7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 3:30 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with People Finders.

Complaints & Reviews

peoplefinders.comunauthorized withdrawal of funds

I did a reverse phone lookup on line with peoplefinders.com to look for a stolen bicycle.
The peoplefinders set up an account using the credit card information I gave for the 99 cent cost of the original search.
They have fraudulently withdrawn 24.95 from my account across state lines, on 3/17 and 4/19/2010.
I called to ask for a refund and they said their policy is not to give refunds. Please help.

• Pf
      PFNate Apr 29, 2010

Hello,
      This is Nate with PeopleFinders.com. I am sorry to see about this difficulty with our site. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team for assistance with this issue. You can reach Customer Care Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm PST at [protected]. They will be happy to help you and answer all of your questions. Thank you for your time.

DismalSVCReport May 28, 2010

You will probably get nowhere with their customer service. They will continue to reiterate they have NO REFUNDS and point you to read their TERMS of SERVICE which states that they don't have to deliver any service to you. Doesn't matter to them if you were overbilled and didn't receive the service. They will continue to refer you to the NO REFUND Policy. I'm sorry that I didn't see your post before I gave them my credit card info. Regret ever using them

• Lo
      lol404 Nov 28, 2010

CALL YOUR BANK AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THOSE WERE UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS AND YOU DID NOT RECEIVE ANY SERVICE FOR THE UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS - REORDER A NEW ATM CARD AND FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT AGAINST PEOPLEFINDERS.COM AND THE BANK WILL MAKE SURE THAT MONEY WILL GET BACK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE FILE FRAUD COMPLAINTS ( WHICH IS WHAT'S GOING ON HERE) PEOPLEFINDERS.COM WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW LINE OF WORK.

peoplefinders.com — privacy / financial fraud

SAVINGSACE gets personal and credit card information from PEOPLEFINDERS.COM. They do not mention any of thi...

peoplefinders.comtotal scam

I first needed a phone for a lady who I needed to settle a civil court case with. After paying for the service they provided a few numbers none of which were correct. I also was in need to do some other checks on employees of mine and decided that it might be worth giving them another chance and really put them to the test. I purchased a membership as well as a bankground check on myself. Of course you have to give them your name and address when you set up your account. Well after spending $39.95 for a "comprehensive background check" on myself guess what they gave me as my report. My name and address. Not even my phone number that I provided them when I set up the account. If I wanted to look at possible criminal charges it was another $17.95 which I paid. Guess what? Not one report was me. All reports of people with different birthdates. Mixed races just trash. I mean come on $39.95 to give me back part of the information that I gave them. What a joke. The employees of this company should be wearing masks when they go to work as they are straight up thieves. I would never do business with if I was you. I have called my CC holder and filed for the charges to be reversed and would advise others to do the same. Buyer be aware!

DismalSVCReport May 28, 2010

If you can retrieve a search then you are one of the few lucky success stories. Peoplefinders Customer Service is unwilling to listen and understand the issues or the problems and refer you to their small print. Their customer service can't even look up what type of plan that you purchased, they will insist that you only purchased the 24hrs plan, when you were charged for a more expensive plan. You need to understand their terms of use upfront - it boils down to YOU GET NOTHING FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP. peoplefinders believe that they provide a website and you sign up to get a login to the website for a membership fee - the advertised free trial searches are non-existant - you will be billed no matter what happens with your search attempts. Even if your login does not work and does not allow you to complete a search - too bad; if your search does not provide any information or inaccurate outdated information - too bad, if you keep getting popups that say you don't have a membership after you paid on your credit card - too bad.

• Pe
        PeopleFinders.comarecrooks Jun 24, 2010

These Peoplefiners.com scammers must be shut down a.s.a.p. I just "joined" in the last 2 weeks, wanting to run a check on a realtor I thought might be shady- ends up he was legit but this "company" was a fraud. Thing is, I did some homework before chosing them, very aware frauds are run of the mill online.

I 'Googled' up reviews for the best investigative background search and PeopleFinders.com (scam) came up as the best one of the top 5.
        It's very clear the reviews of PeopleFinders.com are a fraud and obviously planted to build up positive review opinions from supposedly unaffiliated third party reviewers. Hook, line and sinker- and I'm a skeptic who trusts no one.

After joining their 'sale' 3-for-1 membership, I got no access to anything special I couldn't find by looking elsewhere- furthermore, my credit card was hacked later in the day and luckily Visa froze the account due to suspicious charges. The security representative told me my PeopleFinders charge was the likely cause (he's seen this before) and they're doing deeper check into it and will file a report in a few days. I'm so angry I haven't called them yet to "cancel" my "membership" but will do so soon, I can't wait to hear what dribble comes from their lips...

So, as you can see I won't be happy until PeopleFinders.com fraudsters are SHUT DOWN.

PeopleFinders — ripoff - read the fine print

I subscribed to the $20 plan in hopes of finding an old friend. Upon paying the fee - I did a search and...

peoplefinders.combad information

Used them twice for two different names. First search came up with name only no address or phone number. Second name came up with four addresses and phone numbers, all were out of date at least six years.

Here is their response when I requested a refund:
      Most of the products on the Site come with a limited guarantee. This means that if your search does not return any results, we will provide you with another search, at no additional cost to you. The service is provided "as is." You are paying for us to conduct a search on your behalf, not to return any particular result. Information is often obtained by third parties and the accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed, per our Terms of Use. Please contact Customer Care at the number below if you would like assistance with your searches. We do not offer refunds as stated in our Terms of Use. Thank you.

BUYER BEWARE!!

• Ro
          rocket66 Nov 03, 2009

Sounds like the person you are searching for is off the grid. Peoplefinders can probably only return data that exists and consumers should be aware of this before dropping cash. Just because it didn't return expected results doesn't mean a service wasn't provided.

DismalSVCReport May 28, 2010

The information is not current and is unreliable. Information is out of date by over one year. If another link indicated that peoplefinders has the information - this is an advertising scam - read the small print at the peoplefinders website. It is like buying a $20 lottery ticket to see if maybe you will get lucky and find the person or a phone number or even be able to get onto there search website because it has constant uptime issues. BUYER BEWARE - be sure you understand the fine print in their terms of service. You may get nothing, no access to search information, no usable data, and they will still bill you. Never seen anything like this scam.

PeopleFindersbeware

Beware if the "free" reverse look up search you get on a phone number has details such as 'unavailable'. peoplefinders.com won't be able to provide ANY additional information. Know this going into it.

You will be paying for the exact information you got for free.

When I requested a refund because of this the support person stated "can't per terms and conditions". She did offer me 24 hours of 'free' people searching.

That isn't what I wanted, but maybe I'll look up myself.

This is a lesson learned.

Please watch and beware of these scams going forward.

peoplefinders.comwithdrew money for account

Paid 1.99 to search name all I got was name no info. Was only supposed to be a one time fee of 1.99. Checked bank account and found charge of 19.99 on account for services I never signed up for. I only signed up for 1 time search fee.The site never said anything about a reward program for joining or that you had to cancel the account within 7 days. Company is a scam and should be put out of business for credit card fraud and unauthorized withdraws on peoples bank account. Company Phone Number is [protected]

PeopleFindersonline scam

Same complaint as Nicolina81 of March 24, 2008. I purchased services from People Finders via credit card. A week later Privacy Matters billed my credit card in the amount of $19.95 - unauthorized. I consider it an illegal act since I had never heard of Privacy Matters before. Like Nicolina81, the information that I did get from People Finders was worthless.

I have contacted my credit card company to protest the charges. I am still awaiting replies from People Finders and Privacy Matters. I am not a lawyer but I wonder if the unauthorized charge to my credit card violated any laws.

jonn2 Nov 20, 2009

I was scammed by Peoplefinders.com and PRIVACYM the same way

Jack756 Feb 24, 2010

Same thing happened to me. the fraud department for my credit card said there is nothing I can do about it - they contacted Privacy matters and they were quick to pull up their record that I clicked a pop-up which they claim "clearly" explained how I would be charged. Total BS.

peoplefinders.comonline scam

I just tried to sign up for information on an individual and I gave all my information, including e-mail, password and Credit card info. As I submitted the information, My computer just froze up, and I realized it might be a scam. When I tried to log in and retrieve my info, it told me my e-mail address and password were invalid. I am afraid they have my credit card info on hand and I will contact my bank immediately to report it as a scam. Beware of this company.

• We
                  Wes Warden Sep 21, 2010

I can't get my membership canceled. How do I get out of peoplefinders?I canceled prior to the end of my free term, but still got charged.

• Je
                  Jerry A. Hymen Sep 27, 2010

The same...can I be protected from credit card abuse? This website should be baned! How can we get help from fraud like this?

• Je
                  Jerry A. Hymen Sep 27, 2010

yoU FOLKS stink TO HIGH HEAVEN... AND i WILL WILL FOLLOW YOU AND CHARGE YOU WITH CRIMINAL CONDUCT AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL... IF YOU CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD...PERIOD... YOU WILL NOT EXIST FOREVER AND WILL GO TO JAIL IF YOU CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE TRASH SERVICE YOU GAVE ME ON THE INTERNET... SIGNED...
                  mY STATE REPRESENTATIVE IN THE SENATE AND A PERSONAL FRIEND... GOODBY pEOPLE FINDERS.COM...

peoplefinders.com — unauthorized credit card charges

Don't fall for their "$10 Cash Back" offer when ordering search results. To get your $10 back, you have...

PeopleFinders — total scam - was sold outdated information

I paid $19.95 for their "1 Day Search Pass" - only to discover that all 99% of their results are either...

peoplefinders.com — charge me twice for wrong information!

I subscribed through Reunion.com to locate Rita Milton of Youngstown Ohio and was routed to PeopleFinders.com...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices