Having problems with eFax?

eFax reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 12, 2007. The latest review Unauthorised card charges was posted on Apr 13, 2021. The latest complaint Impossible to Cancel was resolved on Feb 13, 2021. eFax has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 68 reviews. eFax has resolved 25 complaints.

eFax Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 878 7151 (Customer Service & Sales)
+1 323 817 3207 (United States)
+44 203 147 4872 (United Kingdom)
+43 179 576 212 (Austria)
+32 22 006 235 (Belgium)
+353 16 564 909 (Ireland & All Other Countries)
+31 207 143 585 (Netherlands)
+41 445 959 409 (Switzerland)
6922 Hollywood Blvd. 5th Floor
Los Angeles, California
European Headquarters
Unit 3, Woodford Business Park, Santry, Dublin 17, Ireland

eFax Complaints & Reviews

J2 Efax Plus ServicesUnauthorised card charges

Back in 2018, we signed up for a free trial of their services, but then cancelled on the same day. We have been charged every month ever since, although we emailed them several times to cancel without any communication at all. Our bank has cancelled the standing order several times, but the charges keep coming back for different amounts. We have sent several emails and called them only to be told we need to send an email, to which no one answers.

• eFax's response · Apr 13, 2021

Hello Julia,

This is not the impression we wish for you to have. We provide direct online cancellation for all U.S, AUD and Japanese billed monthly accounts in addition to providing 24/7 phone and live chat support. We reply to emails within 72 hours in addition to providing direct mobile App support. If your bank has canceled the standing order then this would be a chargeback dispute in which the service would be closed immediately as the charges would then be disputed between the service provider and the cardholder.
      Kindly email our Social Team at [email protected] with your account details so we may address this matter with you.
      Many Thanks,
      eFax Support Team

eFaxImpossible to Cancel

Sent an email to their billing department to cancel. No reply. Due to COVID and my job working OT in an essential health service, I didn't take mind of the sneaky payments they made during peak winter season.
    When I disputed my transaction, the bank claimed that I emailed an autoreply and declined my dispute. When I tried to send an email to cancel, they gave a canned reply, and when I replied, the email was undeliverable.
    Impossible to cancel unless you destroy your credit card and get a new one.

RESOLVED

• eFax's response · Feb 15, 2021

Hello Angela,

This is not the impression we wish for you to have. We provide direct online cancellation for all U.S, AUD & JP monthly billed accounts. Those accounts that would not qualify for online cancellation are directed to our 24/7 live chat support to further assist them. We also provide 24/7 phone support for all billing and technical inquires in addition to email, direct mobile App, and Social Support. Please message our Social Team at [email protected] with your account details so they may assist you further.

Many Thanks,
        eFax Support Team

eFaxFree trial

Tried a "free trial" but in their fine print that you don't see, if you go over 150 pages, they will charge you $10 even if you go only one page over. And also if a fax page takes more that 60 seconds) they charge you more. Who knows how long a page will take? And further, they never alert you or give you a running total of how many pages you have left. If I had known that the total was almost reached, I would've stopped. They take advantage of people by being ambiguous. Their North American customer service reps are jerks too. Not helpful at all.

Aug 27, 2020

eFax — Fax service scam

I opened an account with this company last month. Without notice it was suspended and they took my money out...

Mar 27, 2020

eFax — keeps taking 16 dollars every month

Keeps taking 16 [censored]ing dollars every month this is totally screwing me over please sue this garbage service...

eFaxwait time on the phone

Wanting to cancel my subscription and as I'm on the phone for an hour and 30 minutes I google complaints and people are saying you are going to charge the card even after canceling. I'm so upset. I will charge my phone and stay in the phone for 5 hours if I have to. You guys know exactly what you are doing. For the love of money. I am getting annoyed every time the recording says they apologize but I am still on hold.

eFaxunethical behaviour

June 2019 i decided to give "efax" a try and tried it once decided it was not for me and July 2019 chatted to cancel. During the chat i was offered two more months for free. i said i guess and figured maybe i would try again maybe i would not. i canceled and having the option of using it again was fine because thats what they offered me, not to continue a subscription i just canceled. I never used it or thought about it really until October 14th 2019 i was going over my bank statement and saw they had billed me for October then looked further they also billed me for September i called to ask why and would they please refund me the money i had asked to have the account canceled and as they could see there was no activity. i explained that i canceled the account and that by accepting their offer of two free months i took back my cancellation request. They sent me the chat record and no where did i say okay cancel my request please. i feel like they trick people into staying with them to take money out of there accounts. I am asking for a refund of $16.95 for September and $16.95 for October. Case # [protected]

Sep 03, 2019

eFax — Efax business

My business (customer number 217797) signed up for a free trial to test the efax business system. We were...

eFaxj2 efax services isa v scam/fraud

This company started charging our credit card on 21st July, 2019, and has so far charged us 26.95 USD + 1.00 USD + 16.95 USD for no cause and without any prior or subsisting relationship whatsoever! This is one of the most brazen scams we have seen for a while. Attempts to get resolution by approaching them directly are just ignored. They start answering the chats and as soon as they realise you are not a fresh, potential, victim they just go mum. Can't the FTC and law enforcement authorities get involved.

eFaxbilling

Hello I have been getting continuous payments going out from your company since February without my permission I've never even heard of your company. How do I get my money back. I don't understand why I've been charged when I've never signed up to this website nor have any use or knowledge of it. I will contact appropriate people if you're not willing to pay my money back

eFaxunauthorized charges on my account from j2 efax services

On July 21, 2019, my bank statement had a charge from J2EFAX Services, I have no idea who these people are and did not authorize any payments.
                I did call [protected] and spoke to a representative and explained I was very upset about these charges, he gave my an email address ([protected]@J2.com) which turned out to be a phoney email. He asked me to send him proof that they charged my bank account.

eFaxunauthorized credit card charges

Dears, I didn't subscrive the efax service, or better not consciounsly. For sure i've never provided my credit card number. But i'm receiving a charge on my credit every month for around 20$ by j2 efax plus service:
                  I want to stop this otherwise I will go through legal.

I cannot find anywhere an email to contact you or a way to unsubscribe a service I do not want and I din't required.
                  This is a fraud, I will go the the authorities

Thanks

Sarah. [protected]@libero. It

May 15, 2019

eFax — efax

I really give it no stars as they are horrible. This company lied about their policies on cancelling and have...

Apr 06, 2019

eFax — free 30 day trial hoax

I signed up for a 30 day trial cancelled week later . they say no cancellation was done I did call a service...

eFaxfax service

I signed up for eFax today and upon logging in, I saw faxes from previous owners. It is a HUGE security breach. Their faxes had subjects like loan information, bank information which would contain their address, social security, balance, etc. I can't trust this company and went ahead and cancelled my account. If I can see someone else's faxes, someone else can see your faxes. Stay away from this company. When I called the customer service, I was redirected three times and the guy on the other side said it's a "software glitch". Software glitch doesn't show faxes from 2016. This is been broken since then. This is a security issue and possible legal issue.

Jan 21, 2019

J2 Efax Plus Services — billing my credit card when unauthorized

I received a call from my credit card company on Jan. 20, 2019, asking about charges on my credit card from...

Efax / j2 efax — billing

This company is a complete scam. I would happily join a class action lawsuit. wendy.[protected]@j2support.com - I spoke...

eFaxefax

You guys have the worst billing department ever. Can't understand what they are saying and I speak spanish so I am use to accents. Problem they get upset, rude and vindictive (place you on hold as a punishment) then have the nerve to talk low when you asked them to repeat the yell. LOL! I was quick to lose my patients and cancelled. Only time I was treated properly was when I subscribed, of course you get treated nicely and an agent who speaks clearly. I had the subscription for a year or more, first time calling the billing department and was lied to the first time and was transferred. Had to 2 more times finally although still rude, got a cancellation while on hold. Once, I got the email I hung up.

J2 Efax — I would like to cancel my efax service. I do not use this.

My name is Carmen Hightower and you are charging my account ending in 6647, $16.95 on the 3rd of each month...

eFax — impossible to cancel

Good luck in your attempts to cancel their service. It's impossible to do. I experienced it and know what I...