Having problems with People Finders?

People Finders reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 30, 2006. The latest review Peoplefinders was posted on Apr 24, 2021. The latest complaint unauthorized charge of 24.95 was resolved on Jul 28, 2012. People Finders has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. People Finders has resolved 15 complaints.

People Finders Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 718 8997 (Customer Service)
1821 Q Street
Thu7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 3:30 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with People Finders Customer Service. Initial People Finders complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for People Finders above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about People Finders. Discuss the issues you have had with People Finders and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

People Finders Complaints & Reviews

People FindersPeoplefinders

Any attempt to access Peoplefinder.com pops up as "403 Forbidden" Client IP: 89.187.175.130. "If you believe you have received this error by mistake, please contact [protected]@peoplefinders.com." I get the same error using Edge and Firefox
I have submitted a request for help at that customer care link with no response. This attempt is my second request for help.
Other attempts to get onto Peoplefinder links begin as Peoplefinder but switch to other finder sites not linked to my paid in full account - such as Intelius. This feels like "bait and switch."
Angela Smith [protected]@swbell.net

Peoplefinders

People FindersOnline Search website

My current credit card statement, June, 2020, Bank of America, has a charge of $29.95 submitted by CFK PeopleSearch on June 16, 2020. I have no account with PeopleSearch whatsoever. I want that charge ($29.95) removed from my credit card.
    Margaret Moore
    4060 NE 29th Ave
    Portland OR 97212
    [protected]
    [protected]@gmail.com
    Bank of America

Mar 10, 2020

People Finders — Services not requested

These are the charges made to my card ending on *3707 And I did not authorize any of them. Date Amount...

Jan 26, 2020

People Finders — unauthorized charges

I am demanding that my funds plus my overdraft charges be paid by CFK*PEOPLEFINDERS IMMEDIATELY! I've never...

CFK Peoplefinderunauthorized charges on my credit card

I have received my bank statement and there are 2 charges for 29.95 & 34.16 from my credit card on Sept 15, 2019. All It has on my statement is CFK Peoplefinder. not an acct. # or transaction # or anything. and I DID NOT order anything. or agree to anything. I don't even know what this company is. I think it's pretty [censored]ty to steal money from an old lady that is sick and doesn't have money to barely live on as it is.

People Finderscomplaint

They're a [censored]en scam! I used them to try to find my boyfriend because he's diagnosed with depression! I used it once and that one that theyre allowed to charge me, they charged me.48. Then they charged me 24.95 2 days later and 3 days later, they [censored]en charged me 14.95. I only used it once! You scammers! I'm [censored]en calling my bank tomorrow letting them know you guys aren't only a scam, your charges are uncategorized!

Respond

People Findersthey are charging me for something I didn't ask or signed for

Please cancel and refund my money. They charging me for a service I didn't ask for. It was one time thing you keep on charging me 20 dol a month. Cancel that account and give me my money back. That is not right what your doing. I can't even go inside the account to cancel. Cancel cancel cancel.

I don't want to see a knew charge on my card with something I never asked for or using.
          This is stealing people's money

they are charging me for something I didn't ask or signed for
          they are charging me for something I didn't ask or signed for

PeopleFindersunasked for charges

I asked for a one-time search (and got it) and was then billed for a membership I didn't ask for. It seems, from a search of your Customer Service, that this has happened to a lot of people, some of whom are calling you a scam. I will, of course, cancel the membership I didn't ask for, but I feel I also deserve a refund of $24.95.

Okay, now you tell me my complaint isn't long enough to get any attention and I should add to it. Well, consider this an addition. How long do I have to rant before somebody does something?

And also in addition, my contact info, in case somebody does want to do something:
            Anthony Lee
            [protected]@hotmail.com

And now you want me to "log in with socials" before you'll accept a complaint??? You can't accept a complaint from someone who's antisocial? What's with you people?!?!

Respond

People FindersI am complaining about a customer service agent

I called to cancel a membership I was told by Karina that she would send me an email but I never received it so I called again a week after and When she saw I had called previously she was so rude to me. She said in a very rude way "well, I can't do nothing about, I already did, what else do you want me to do". That is not a way to treat Clients in any way. When I told her that she should start treating her clients better she said "whatever I don't care" and hang up on me. Something about this woman needs to be done.

PeopleFindersexcellent people search

This is the error message I received when I tried to log in. I recently installed a

Error 1005 Ray ID: 448476fc5a03712b • [protected]:18:24 UTC
                Access denied

What happened?
                The owner of this website (www.peoplefinders.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (46562) from accessing this website.
                Cloudflare Ray ID: 448476fc5a03712b
                Your IP: 196.52.39.7
                Performance & security by Cloudflare

People Finderssupposed people finding database

I a ceased thier website and page for a one time fee of a dollar and some odd sense to try and find a person they came up with a lot of matching names but none with the correct birth date or geographical information. I never downloaded anything and I immediately called and said that I did not want to have this service because I did in fact. Well I got my bank statement today and they charge me so I called and I got in touch with their customer service department who says I never called and canceled my service and I said well can't you look at the account and see that it has never been used besides that one time and even at that time I never downloaded anything or requested further information because you did not and could not find the correct person. The lady proceeded to tell me that I never called and that I was lying and that they would not refund the 1995 account. I ask to speak to a supervisor, and another young lady got on the phone and proceeded to tell me that they recorded their phone calls and they had no recording of my call and I said so you don't even have a recording of my calling the first time and saying that I could not access the information I was looking for and if there was another way to search? She says no you never have called us. Well I did call them I called them to see if they could help me try and find my information or whatever and I and I immediately got off of the call and searched again on my own to see if maybe I had just missed something, and I called back and said I need to cancel this service. The girl that I spoke to said okay we're sorry we couldn't help you ma'am and your service will be cancelled immediately. I didn't even have this service for an entire hour. So when I called today to find out why I was billed I was told by two different people that I was lying that I have never talked to anybody and that they would not refund the money even though they could clearly see that the account had never been used. This company is a scam. I've talked to several other people who have had the same experience. I wonder how many millions of dollars they've made off of the General Public by lying and saying they didn't get request for cancellation and then charging people and refusing to refund their money?

Respond

People Finderscharged total of $37 for just one intention of looking up one phone number.

I had someone contact me from an unknown number and I wanted to make sure I was aware of who it was. So I did sign up for the trial and I do understand that the wording is there that says if you don't cancel you'll be charged X amount.
                    That in itself is a money trap. Of course I forgot and then while looking for a way to cancel the membership it advertised to me to look at my own background check. I clicked on that and didn't realize I'd be charged $30 for just looking! I didn't even get a report.
                    Why would I not own my own information anyway!!! It's MY background check you don't think I should have the power to remove that? I called to remove my service and cancel my account and I nicely requested a reimbursement which was promptly denied.
                    It's an absolute money trap.

Respond

People Finders — i'm a peoplefinders member/ incorrect alias.

My name is Wilma Eiseman. I live in Kirkland Washington. I'm 58. There's an alias in my profile that clearly...

People Finders — cfk*peoplefinders unauthorized charges

I got charged four times by you guys for an account search or something that i did not authorize or sign up...

People Findersunauthorized recurring payments from my bank acct.

My husband signed up for a one time access to information on this site. They have been billing us for 4 years, i just discovered that this charge was not authorized by my husband. This company is impossible to get in touch with to cancel these charges.

Do not do business with them.

Respond

PeopleFindersdon't give them your credit card number!

I used this site a few times and every time I paid some amount of money. Before I provided them my credit card information I checked their policies and agreements very carefully. I was sure that I use trial version, so I gave them my credit card details. But then I noticed that some money disappeared from my card so I contacted my bank and they told who stole my money. I went back to Peoplefinders website and contacted customer service. They refused to refund my money and said that it was only my fault and that I signed up myself. Don't trust this service!

Respond

peoplefinders.com — monthly billing of service not disclosed

I am terribly embarrassed to say that I only just now noticed I have been charged $24.95 each month since...

peoplefinders.comaccount cancellation

I looked on their website I had signed up for sometime back and can not find a link to cancel my account. Their information is that there is a link found by clicking on "MY HOME", except there is no such link. BOGUS website - Bad business - Beware

People Findersscam company / how to get your money refunded

People Finders is a scam. They charge you $19.95 on a credit card for outdated and inaccurate information. They are now being investigated by the Federal Government. TIPS FOR REIMBURSEMENT: Call your credit card and tell them what occurred. They will then credit your account for the fee and People Finders will receive a chargeback, which they won't be happy about. This will eventually put them out of business. Don't waste your time calling them and asking to talk with a supervisor, they don't have any management available at any time. They probably don't have any supervisors to speak of. This company is a FRAUD. If enough dissatisfied people take the time (a couple of minutes) to call their credit card company, the company won't be able to survive. I'm posting this because I went through the experience and I hope to assist anyone else whose even thinking about paying this company.

Respond

CFK People Findersthese two sums were taken from me. don't know how to stop

I didn’t subscribe for CFK People Finders, but I have used their services. I tried to check if one person existed or not. I searched only once and thought that the search was for free, but the company charged me for $9.95. After that these sum was taken from me every month, as well as they added one more. Seriously, it was terrible and I still have no idea how to stop them. Maybe you can help me.