PayPalshipping payment release

I just sold some scrap computer parts on Ebay and received a very prompt payment for the item but I am unable to ship the item due to paypal. I have called paypal customer service TWICE regarding this matter and have spoken to a supervisor as well. They have basically told me that unless I have money in MY pocket to cover shipping costs I can't ship the item using paypal. I tried to explain to them that I have $0.00 in my checking account and on my debit card and I needed to use the funds in my account to pay for the shipping of my customer's package. They have set there system up so that I must wait either three days after the package has arrived or 21 days until I can use the funds on my account, this has seriously affected my ability to conduct transactions on my account.

• Do
    Don Bruner Mar 16, 2007

Ordered two 3-yr subscriptions to Readers Digest with MagsForLess using PayPal (Aug. 31 2017). Readers Digest has no record of these subscriptions.

PayPal requires a dispute of charges within 45 days of the order. This 45 day time limit is acceptable when ordering a product but not for a service like a monthly magazine subscription. MagsForLess is taking advantage of this PayPal policy.

• Valerie Oct 12, 2007

Between the dates of on or about 9/13/07 and 10/5/07 I posted several payments to an online gaming service named Nodeka. These payments were between 1$ and 99$ dollars and were made using a pre-paid credit card. All the information paypal request matched the info registered to the card. They have twice now reversed all my payments and labeled them fraudulent, causing my account to be frozen. For the span of about 5-7 days I was told the mistake was fixed and then I was informed recently that all the payments had been re-reversed and my account was to be frozen. I have sent numerous e-mails to cryptict e-mail addresses and a different responder every time. The help on the website is Orwellian in name as the resolution I found was anything but. So while the gamesite admin has been nothing but kind, paypal's system of systems has chewed up another innocent consumer.

• Valerie Dec 04, 2007

On 11/29/07 after we listed 2 very successful products on eBay from time period 10/28/2017 as user cooldeals2go and generated over 24,000.00 in sales for a four week period, PayPal, Inc., restricted access to our funds (which we cannot transfer $11,999.69 USD in funds to our bank account) and had eBay close/suspend our account cooldeals2go.

We were not selling any items that are illegal and our products were down loadable from the Internet and did not break any copyright violations.

We did notify PayPal, Inc., by phone to prior to 11/15/2017 to to let them know to expect an increase in sales so they would be provided with what we were selling, we also own www.hostitplanet.com and reconfirmed them about our sales. Therefore we felt we were clear with notifying them, we bought and paid with our PayPal, Inc., Inc. credit card an auto mobile and the had some services that were paid prior to them blocking access to our funds. (which they have blocked any payment being sent out) so we risk loosing our vehicle and reputation as a citizen in our area. also the restriction has caused eBay to suspend our account which means loosing an estimated amount of $3,000.00 in sales per day and the inability to send products to our customer totaling around $2,500.00. We have contacted PayPal, Inc., Inc. 8 times in a two day period from the time they restricted us, and supplied all requested information which we can verify we sent.

Via screen shot to the items we submitted we have also some disputes from October that PayPal, Inc., has neglected to deal with for over a month.

Now they have deemed us a problem. We've been with them for three years! But people, pread their terms of service, they can do what they want! With your money. Paypal issues and problems.

• Valerie Dec 12, 2007

Beware, do not reply and do not follow any instructions mentioned in this email, it's all fake!

From: [protected]@verizon.net

Dear PayPal Customer ,

This is your final warning about the safety of your PayPal account. If you do not update your billing informations your access on PayPal features will be restricted and the user deleted. This might be due to either following reasons:

- A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change of address)
    - Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
    - An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due an internal error within
    our processors.

Please update your PayPal profile in order to restore your online access:

If your account information is not updated, your ability to use your PayPal account will become restricted.

PayPal Billing Department

PayPal treats your perxsonal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. PayPal will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your PayPal password and your account, please visit User Account Protection.

This PayPal notice was sent to you based on your PayPal account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your noxtificaxtion preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here.

Copyright © 2017 PayPal Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    PayPal and the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal Inc

• Te
    Terri Gordon Dec 13, 2007

You neglected to mention that you violated ebay/paypal terms of service by selling hacking software - iPhone Unlock kits.

• Ho
    Host it Planet Dec 26, 2007

Sorry its not against thier terms,.if you really read the fine print..
    was not hacking software, Information on how to manually remove a restriction an an end user own device, Like taking my aa bateries out of my remote and changing it to use aaa bateries on my own device!

• Valerie May 19, 2008

After paying in good faith via PayPal for a 'brand new' eBay item + shipping, I was sent the wrong item (and not new) by a Hong Kong seller. After notifying the seller of his goof up, he insisted that I pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong before he would issue a refund. Since the shipping the wrong item was not my fault or responsibility, I refused to pay return shipping for something I did not purchase. Why should I be financially liable and penalized for the seller's error? Besides, if I paid the return shipping I would actually be losing money from this failed eBay transaction - despite the refund! So I decided to escalate the dispute to PayPal's 'Resolution Center'.

In my view I was the injured party. I had paid the full price, and received nothing in return - except the added hassle of repackaging the item, taking off work to go to the Post Office and paying to send it half way around the world. Ridiculous. So I proposed that the seller have the item retrieved by UPS, FeDex or DHL.

But PayPal's deliberation was swift: they sided with the fraudulent seller stipulating that I should pay for the return shipping.

Apparently PayPal is biased towards Vendors/Sellers. The moral of the story is: If you buy something on eBay and receive the wrong item or not as represented and insist on a refund, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY. This is a completely hostile and antagonistic ecommerce transaction strategy for innocent consumers acting in good faith - and PayPal Resolution Center Policy SUPPORTS IT!!!

• Valerie Jun 16, 2008

I purchased an item on ebay using echeck, which was clearly my fault because at the time I had and still have a debit card, but I had not added it to my account. I use a debit card from a reputable bank in the USA and debit cards are linked to checking accounts, but anyone who uses a debit card knows that they are not authorized to physically write checks.

Two days later I get an email from paypal saying that the bank account number was not correct, well thats pretty funny and weird because two days after the first purchase I made a second purchase using my debit card and the ebay seller received their funds immediately and the second item I purchased was sent in two days.

The point I am trying to make is paypal deleted my bank account information because they had made a decision that the account number was incorrect. BULL-----. On the paypal website it clearly states that you can add a debit/ credit card for back up funds and link it to your bank account. If paypal cannot get funds directly out of my bank account does it not make sense to just take the funds off my (DEBIT CARD) that I have on file DUUUH. What a bunch of A-----.

I may have added a debit card after the fact, but like I mentioned above if they could not get the funds directly out of my checking account the staff would of had enough sense to just take the funds off my debit card instead of deleting my bank account info., which by the way is legitimate or paypal would not of been able to pay the ebay merchant, again DUHHH. What kind of staff does paypal have working 4 them these days.

PAYPAL SUCKS LIKE A SOUR LEMON. Over 900 complaints from consumers on the BBB website and lawsuits up the wazooh someone needs to step in and take control of this sick CRAP going on and the BBB has the GALL to list paypal as a satisfactory business, well we know why that is. The BBB is getting their cut of the profit from paypal. The BBB membership fees.

• Be
    Beverly Larkin Aug 12, 2008

I have been receiving emails from paypal telling me that my account is being charged certain amounts of money, they are all different. Today i got another one and it tells me that i have been charged $189.95 for something from "Researchanyone.com", I have never heard of this company and have never ordered anything from them. All the charges come from this same company only the name of the buyer is different, Today its John Angels. The last time it was Nancy i forget her last name.
    I also get request from paypal to go in and release something, i can't remember all the emails i have received from them. I am just tired of receiveing these emails. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. I HAVE NOT ORDERED FROM OR WILL EVER ORDER FROM"RESEARCHANYONE.COM".

• Cy
    cyberchar Sep 15, 2008

I used PayPal to pay my phone bill. It is a prepaid phone service that offers extremely low rates for those on assistance. I am disabled with a fixed income so it works great for me. However, even though PayPal authorized my payment, emailed me a receipt that the phone bill was paid ($22.00--WOW!!), they waited over two weeks to run it through my bank. And, of course, that close to payday, my funds were depleated. So my phone was shut off. The phone company had no clue why. My receipt was on my computer which was cut off when the phone was disconnected. So I was stuck, trying to find someone to drive me the 20 miles to the phone "store" because after 10 days your account is closed. Had PayPal sent the request for funds through on the 4th when I initially authorized the payment, I could have just used another source to pay the phone bill and saved both a trip and the $50 to re-open my account with a new phone number to boot.

Yet PayPal continues to email me with all kinds of offers. I may be disabled but I'm not a fool!!

• Valerie Nov 04, 2008

I recently made a purchase on PayPal and my bank account was charged rather than the credit card I used at the time of the transaction. I had no intention of using my bank account for the transaction. The website accepted my credit card and informed me the transaction was accepted. Days Later I received notice of an overdraft charge on my bank account which I will now have to resolve. PayPal's website is MISLEADING. It gives no statement that their 'policy' (which I discovered after the fact in comversation with their customer support) is to use the bank account even when a credit card is specified unless some alternative webpage is used at the time of purchase to specify using a credit card. Perhaps this is clear to the PayPal employees and frequent users who have figured this out. But to first time or infrequent users as myself, it is opaque. For such an important decision as using a bank account vs a credit card the decision path MUST BE OBVIOUS AT THE POINT OF PURCHASE. And it is not. This needs to be resolved by PayPal on their website.

And I want to have my $23 bank overdraft fee refunded by PayPal.

• T
    T Nov 24, 2008

I have new evidence proving paypal is attempting to extort money, presented by the bank in approximately September 2017. Paypal still however is coming after me for a fictitious debt. I say fictitious because it is a debt I do not owe, proven in court, and rejected by the card carrier of the customer they assisted in frauding me, YET Paypal is consumed with making me pay. I have no debt with them, literally, they self created this debt to extort money from me.

November 2017 received yet another letter from Paypal confirming their attempt to collect from me, October 2017 received a letter from a collection company on their behalf. This started about 11/19/06 when Paypal processed a chargeback to my merchant account. A customer paid our shop (sole propriety) in two installments, approximately 3 months before 11/19/06, so we had paid for product with the funds and paid bills. We did not have the money in any account. After approx 100 emails over months, and fighting with Paypal went nowhere, I sued the customer. Won, presented that to paypal who refused to go after the customer. While putting paypal on the backburner, I went after the bank involved, in or near September 2017 it was revealed that the bank actually denied the customer chargeback’s, totaling $6, 100, yet paypal lied to the bank and told them I didn't want my money. All the while, I have written communications to the contrary. In addition, paypal attempted to withdraw the money from my bank account and took any money I did have in my paypal account, while also eventually freezing my paypal account. Due to the new evidence of September 2017 I had to stop pursuing the bank. Now, on or about October 16, 2017 I received a collection letter from NCO Financial Systems, Inc. the 2ND COLLECTION COMPANY REPRESENTING PAYPAL to send me a letter demanding money, demanding I pay over $12, 000 dollars or there are going to sue me and get a judgment, however a couple weeks later received another letter stating they made an error and I ONLY owe $6000+. I DO NOT OWE THIS MONEY. THEY ARE ATTEMTPING TO EXTORT MONEY FROM ME BY SENDING ME TO COLLECTIONS FOR MONEY I HAVE PROVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN I DO NOT OWE!! Paypal refused to cooperate with the bank, they refused to acknowledge the court judgments I have against the customer, and as a result of all this the customer filed bankruptcy to avoid having to pay a dime. IF I DONT STOP PAYPAL THEY WILL PUT A LIEN ON MY HOME!!! And who knows what else they will do. They have no right to do this. I need paypal stopped and a government agency to see what they are doing to me and others. This is fraud, extortion, and they cost me thousands of dollars in interrupted business, stress and now again, more collections. It is absurd! Is there anyone out there who used Paypal's merchant account for other than Ebay and online purposes to collect funds? Am I the only one? Why is this legal? Why is there no Attorney who sees anything wrong with this or that can connect it to any laws? EFTA? ANYTHING? I am blown away. Maybe the moderator of this site can forward info to me if there is anyone in the same situation or who wants to sue Paypal? THIS IS ABSURD. I have lost over $10, 000 in one month alone, not to mention the rest I have lost and endured.

• Si
    Siva Dec 03, 2008

This is a tough one, more complicated than the usual [censored] debt collector case. You might try the FTC but you'll need to cite some violation of either the debt collection or credit reporting statutes. The other downside to this is that they are slow, taking many consumer complaints and compiling them to build a case. For immeadiate relief, check for local agencies in your area. For instance the Dept of Consumer affairs here in NYC will step in and mediate debt collector/consumer disputes. If no such agency exist in your area, try the Better Business Bureau, local news stations and your local congressman and state attorney general. The key is to expose their shady practices to as many government and media agencies as possible. The more underhanded their tactics are, the less scrutiny they want on them. NCO is the ### of the earth and though I've had no problems with pay pal, their actions and their hiring of NCO does'nt give me warm fuzzies. NCO will sue you without notice and attempt to seize your account/wages. Get out ahead of this before it gets worse!

• Re
    refund Dec 11, 2008

paypal owes me a refund and i just cant get my money back it seems. first it was suppose to be credited to my account within 30 days. now that the 30 days has passed they emailed to to give me a trace number to give to my bank. speaking to my bank I am told this trace number is worthless to them because its the number paypal should be using to track the money. its their tracking number not the banks. still no refund just alot of sorrys and b.s. seems like they have more excuses then actions. Ive already called them 10 times at least. by the time i get done i will have spent more money on phone calls, lost interest, and much aggravation. i cant beleive with all the complaints why paypal hasnt been shut down as of yet????????

Mary Jan 19, 2009

This is the e-mail I received today from PayPal:

"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
    Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
    from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
    of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed."

If I had used my credit card, my purchase would have been guaranteed. What have I learned from this? Don't use PayPal!

• Is
    iskah Jul 25, 2009

WE SHOULD FILE A CLASS ACTION AGAINST PAYPAL! IT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN... THEY SCAM PEOPLE...THEY EVEN SIDED WITH DH GATE CHINA WHO IS SELLING FAKE, DAMAGED, OLD GOODS, NEVER INVESTIGATE THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY...

• Me
    mentz Aug 04, 2009

yup happened to me too. they are not clear which payment source they will use . didn't use them for ebay for a long time, now ebay almost forces you to use paypal. they are connected I think?

• Dl
    dlakers Aug 04, 2009

Yeah you do have to watch what you are doing or you will use your bank card instead of your credit card.

• He
    hellocharlee Sep 06, 2009

Any body STUPID enough to keep that amount of money with PAYPAL (WHO ISNT AN ACTUAL BANK) desrves to get shafted

• Mi
    Miss Helen Nov 19, 2009

I sell my CD's thru several companies who in turn send my money to me thru PayPal
    CdBaby sent me some money thru PayPal.
    It wasn't much but it was the second time I had gotten paid
    at least it was the only one published.
    I think this is some kind of Bank. (PayPal)
    I was online with a company for which I signed up for a 3 day free trial which I cancelled at proper time.
    While I was working PayPal filled in this number on my drop down PayPal online pay.
    Now I don't have a debit card with them, all I have is a credit card with GE money which is a PayPal buyer Credit card to use on line, they did not charge this one, it was a fake one.
    They took all the money from my account, I had made from CdBaby plus they say I owe them about $100.oo.
    I told them I did not order anything and they said they had to keep charging as long as that client kept sending the bills and would start charging my regular checking account for this.
    I told them I could stop it, which I stopped payment to them from my regular checking account and reversed all checks to them and closed the link from my bank to them.
    They claim I still owe the money but I don't intend to pay them as they stole my money and I didn't make the debt.
    They call and harrasse me but I don't answer anymore.
    They sent me an e-mail and said they would quit harressing me if I paid them
    It's a shame you can't trust someone to collect your money from the music companies and be honest about it.
    Helen McCall

• Te
    teenah89 Mar 25, 2010

oh man I got scammed to bad by this guy. Says he will email me gift card info then mail the actual card when i pay- so i did and of course one of the cards were non existent and the other had less than 4 bucks in it. Basically I paid 60 bucks to get 4 bucks instead of 100 bucks. So i file a complaint to paypal. They don't do jack and basically tell me too bad. Found out that two people were involved in this: [protected]@yahoo.com who lives in Florida with a phone number of [protected] and his buddy [protected]@yahoo.com who lives in Sunnyvale, CA of course the guy wont answer phone, email or text messages.

• Ag
    aggiegirl23 Apr 28, 2010

At paypal you're a valued customer and have buyer protection... Lmfao!!! Yeah right!
    In september 2017... I bought some shoes from what turned out to be a fradulant vender. I used paypal to make my payment. When I didn't get those shoes paypal did nothing to get my $70 back... I had to go through my bank to get it...
    In january I opened my own store and dropshipped using paypal... They didn't like my business so they closed my account. I opened another personal account in march to use when online shopping. Paypal closed that too.
    When I called to resolve all these issues, pretty much it was stated that paypal didn't value me as a customer and didn't want my business. Wow!
    I have done nothing but pay for items using paypal. Appearently, if they don't like what you're buying (In my case... Mostly shoes) then you're out!

• Ac
    a_consumer May 07, 2010

I received an email from PayPal: "due to the excessive risk
    involved, we would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least
    disruptive to your business.". I called PayPal and they said it means my account is closed. How smart they are to close account in this way.

The so called "risk" is several people filed claims that they have not received products. They filed claims because eBay sent following massages: "Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from office-mart through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members. "

• Di
    dia3766 May 07, 2010

i have had a paypal account closed on me before because someone hacked into my account. Rather have that then someone buying items at my expense

• Ce
    cench17 May 20, 2010

Do you know this person's addresss/phone number??? I got scammed by [protected]@yahoo.com just ths past week and then i saw this complaint post..let me know if you have any information on this [censor]...he has taken my money!

If you have any info, email me at [protected]@gmail.com

• Li
    Listerine Jun 14, 2010

Unless you have time and money to waste, paypal is a scam!!! I have called in with the same problem for the fourth time today!! Once again a horrible experience!! Believe me I am a very patient, polite, reasonable person whom have never received such treatment from any company I have business with!! All I ask for is a constant answer! If they is one mistake made, fine no problem were all human but when you have the same problem four times!!! There is a problem!! Each and every time I call in I am told something completely different then the previous agent! I can never get a concrete answer or even someone that speaks proper english!! I have been rushed, ignored, on hold for over a hour and a half, over talked, and transfer to ebay without my consent or resolving the issue only to yet again explain my story again and to again receive no resolution! Today I canceled my paypal account and will never use again!!

• Bi
    B I g D Aug 08, 2010

I started my own small online business in July, have used paypal before, I added their cart, and used them on Ebay. I started getting alot of sales, and everything was selling like crazy on Ebay. After receiving a sale of $180 I was very excited! Then, all of a sudden paypal put a freeze on all the money in my account, stating I am a high risk seller, I have no feedback, blah, blah, blah. They will not remove the freeze, and are killing my business. I cannot use any of the funds in my ebay account towards my business sales! I contacted them, they will not take it off, or even allow me to use ANY of it. Now I am trying to keep the business afloat, without losing customers, or having them put in paypal disputes because they have not received their items yet.I can't tell customers your order will be delayed because paypal decided to freeze all my funds, they don't understand, they just want their stuff. I have switched to google checkout on my website, but still have auctions going on ebay-which payments will of course go into paypal and I will continue to be screwed even further. Everyone should avoid paypal like the plague.

• Cm
    CM1986 Aug 21, 2010

this system doesn't benefit the seller but the buyer. Its in place just encase the buyer files a dispute against you which you may lose all the funds.

• Bl
    blackdog_006 Aug 26, 2010

I am pissed off as hell that I must pay out of MY damn pocket the buyers shipping expense then half to wait for the item to arrive before I see one red cent.

• Cm
    CM1986 Aug 26, 2010

you can also refund the money then send him a money request for the exact amount with a note stating that paypal was holding the funds.
    Its easier that way and paypal won't hold the funds like in the ebay sale.

• Bl
    blackdog_006 Sep 09, 2010

I will try that to get around the paypal account hold policy.

• Kf
    Kfcf Feb 28, 2011

I have tried several times to access PayPal from Mozilla Firefox but I get a message saying server not recognized. I then went through an unsecured proxy server and gained access. But when I tried to access my account I got a page demanding my full credit card and bank account number as a supposed security check. Of course it all seems suspicious to me and I have not entered this information. I want to talk to a representative but how do you do that?

• Cj
    CJJ Feb 28, 2011

PayPal I guess tried to send me a replacement debit card while I was deployed. Naturally I didn’t get it, so after replying to the dozen or so emails to activate a card I didn’t actually have I had to re-apply with a credit check to get a replacement debit card.

I then got an email that there was a problem with my account and to go the resolution center. In order to keep my account unlimited I now have to send in a Photo ID as the only way to verify my account. Ok, so I’ve had to update my password, verify addresses and account information, re-apply for a debit card with a credit check and now they want me to send them a Photo ID.

Well, I don’t use this account anymore and I haven’t for months. So now I want to just close it, instead of disclosing any more of my personal information to PayPal.

So I tried to call the customer service number, which I was only able to find by dong a Google search (the number I finally found is [protected]). The Google search also revealed other frustrated PayPal customers.

Once I got a person on the phone, I was told that I HAD TO SUBMIT THE PHOTO ID IN ORDER TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!!! WHAT???!!

PayPal policies and some new Federal regulations still can’t/won’t allow me to close my account even with all the information I provided until I submit a photo ID. This is ridiculous and is it even legal?

I understand needing all that for opening an account, but to close it? This is taking “for security purposes” too far! I didn’t have to provide all this to open any accounts!

• St
    Stewdamato Feb 28, 2011

You cannot get around the Paypal holding policy if you are a new seller. You have to ship the item one of two ways, signature or regular mail. If you ship it signature and tracked as soon as you submit the tracking info to them that it has been delivered you will get your money, if you ship it regular mail you cannot get your money until the buyer leaves you feedback. This will stop after you have sold a few items, at least 10, until then paypal will withhold your funds on every sale, at least ubtil they "trust" your business transactions. It took me over 30 transactions to stop thier withholdings! Make no mistake, Paypal is owned by Ebay, they have a monopoly on thier site and they do things the way they want and nothing you say or do can change it as they are not listed as a bank, just a go between for money so they can hold your money for any reason they make up and for any period of time they choose. If you ship signature they will give your money to you right away but you must send them an email request for your funds with the amount, user name, email address, item number, your user name and the tracking info of the place you shipped from. They will not do it automatically, otherwise you will have to wait until the buyer posts feedback or if they don't post feedback you will have to wait over 60 days until Paypal sees that the buyer doesn't post negative or lodge a dispute against you. In the future remember this, be sure to verify your account and get the limit on withdrawal lifted as soon as you can and as soon as the money for your items is in your account remove it to your personal account immediately or if there's a false dispute Paypal can freeze your funds. Paypal is not allowed to stop the transfer once it is electronically submitted by you but they will freeze your account even if the buyer is fraudulent. Keep your Paypal acct. empty!

Chuck B Mar 01, 2011

Every time I call Paypal to discuss my account problems with them, their automated phone system prompts me to enter my phone number. After entering my phone number the system says that it “cannot match that phone number with any account”. When I finally reach a live person, that person can always verify that the phone number I have entered is the correct phone number for my account.

Paypal does not seem to be able to fix this very simple detail! Because of the difficulty of dealing with Paypal, I have decided to avoid using Paypal whenever possible. I am now asking eBay sellers for other means of payment for auctions that I am bidding on, and they are always quick to condemn Paypal and offer to accept checks, money orders, etc.

• Gr
    GRRRRR! Mar 05, 2011

Whenever I use Paypal to pay for an item there is a clearly posted area on the invoice where it states which funding method will be the primary, or first, account to be used for payment, and then the backup source as the secondary method of payment, and you are free to switch them if you want. It cannot be Paypal's responsibility for your failure to ascertain which funding source is the primary payment method.

• Gr
    GRRRRR! Mar 05, 2011

So you thought you could essentially get $100 for $60? Girl, have I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you!

• Us
    usapixelads Mar 19, 2011

Check out paypalblows.org paypal is a scam!. They are gathering information on as many people as they can because I think they are selling it to people. They may be making more money on selling information then they are on transactions from their system. Wouldn't that be something?

You would then say, who would they my information too? and the answer could be the following:

Government Agencies, I say this because our US government refuses to act against this company by regulating them or making them an FDIC institution. So the only reason for this could be the fact that they are using Paypal in some way to monitor people's buying and information. There could be a dozen other reasons why Paypal would want to obtain all your physical and digital information too.

• Ro
    ROYALSHAFT Apr 21, 2011

Same thing happened to me, incured a $35.00 nsf charge because they didn't use the bank account I specified at time of payment. Paypal did send me an email for me to forward to the bank, requesting the charge to be removed, of course the email states that the whole mishap was due to my negligence when setting up payment, I told paypal there was no way I would present that email to my bank. It wasn't my fault paypal used the wrong account. The rep stated, there was no glitch in their system and that was all they could do and there would not credit me the NSF charge. In the eyes of Paypal, Too Bad, So Sad, just tough luck!!!

• Fo
    fossil Oct 27, 2011

I received several gifts as far as money that was deposited into my account goes from friends, family, etc. For example if I receive $200 I would end up only having like $190 in my account. So I called and spoke to one of their foreign customer service reps that are either in Southeast Asia or Mexico and they told me both that paypal now charges new fees for receiving money. There was absolutely NOTHING that I ever received that states that. I will be filing a claim with the Attorneys Generals Office and file a serious complaint against them. I would absolutely love to cancel my account, but having a paypal account is vital for buying things on eBay.

Cancel www.yourpaypal.com account. They are pathetic and cheap. I hope an alternative will come soon.