Having problems with PayPal?

PayPal reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review refund was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint paypermails.com was resolved on Aug 10, 2017. PayPal has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 227 reviews. PayPal has resolved 69 complaints.

PayPal Customer Service Contacts

1800 948 510 (Ireland)
1800 073 263 (Australia)
8800 333 2676 (Russia)
1800 925 0308 (Mexico)
+1 888 221 1161 (United States)
+44 800 358 7911 (United Kingdom)
+64 508 257 434 (New Zealand)
+43 800 968 751 (Austria)
+32 80 050 855 (Belgium)
+45 80 251 640 (Denmark)
+31 800 265 9239 (Netherlands)
+48 213 665 621 (Portugal)
+41 800 721 133 (Switzerland)
+852 35 508 574 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 237 155 (Malaysia)
+65 65 104 584 (Singapore)
+66 27 873 409 (Thailand)
+54 800 222 0252 (Argentina)
2211 North First Street
San Jose, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with PayPal Customer Service. Initial PayPal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for PayPal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about PayPal. Discuss the issues you have had with PayPal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

PayPal Complaints & Reviews

PayPalrefund

on 10/15 i filed a dispute with paypal for an unauthorized charge for $325.54. On 10/15 Paypal emailed me indicating i would be refunded the full amount. On 10/20 i spoke to Gabe at paypal who told me the refund would be in my bank by 10/22. On 10/22 i did not receive the refund in my bank. On 10/22 i spoke to Chilly Serena and Robert about the issue- and they did not resolve the issue

refund

Pay PalPay Pal has stopped all landline users from excess

I have been using my landline for codes so I could excess Pay Pal for over 10 years . Know Pay pal is forcing all landline owners to go and have to buy cell phones to excess Pay Pal which is bogus . Then they sell our cell phone info to telemarketers . They have my money in my account and will not let me get to it without a cell phone . I have reported this to the Attorney Generals Office in Florida .

Respond

PayPalI am disputing a purchase of a TV

I send my payment for a TV on the website and when I went to contact the seller there is not information to contact this seller! I did not receive a confirmation email or anything after making the purchase! Times are hard an I am a senior citizen and 100.00 is a lit of money to me! So, if I am getting a TV that is what I ordered, if this is a fake seller, I expect you to see that my money is returned! Please reply to me and acknowledge you received my complaint. Invoice ID - [protected]-[protected]. And Transaction ID - 96189220RS7448447

I am disputing a purchase of a TV

• Updated by Atl76216 · Aug 13, 2021

I am very upset that this seller is not legitimate and scammed me

Comments

Respond

PayPalUnauthorized debit

You have taken funds from multiple banking institutions to cover one transaction. You are holding nearly $4000 of my money. You have no customer service, only very limited hours. I will escalate this fraud through the state banking agency who is permitting you to do business in my state. The Fonds in question were withdrawn from Citibank and Riegel federal credit union. The resolution I'm looking for is to recover the excess funds withdrawn from my account . PayPal stated there are no errors on there investigations and have not attempted to look deeper into there error. PayPal also has not provided any documentation.

Respond

PayPalI was scammed and Paypal is not refunding my money

A scammer used a false item and sold on facebook. After a week, I logged onto paypal and notice the seller is a scam with a differ name, email and website that is also a scam information.

When I reported to Paypal on July 7, I shown and provided all information I gathered. I was assured everything will be taken care of within 10 days.
          20 days later, nothing was done. I called Paypal, I was told no one reviewed the case and they believed the seller shipped seafood from China to USA.

Another 2 weeks has past.. Aug 4th. Almost 1 month since I open the Fraud case.. there is still no resolution.

Apr 28, 2021

PayPal — Customer service handling complaint

I called in 3 times to get help on my paypal account access. I got disconnected 3x as well. All the...

PayPalclose account

I called [protected] and they said credit account closed. I then called [protected] and they said credit account not closed. what's going on. I demand these accounts to be terminated immediately. I also emailed them from the PP website. I called the 866 number yesterday April 26th 2021. I called the 844 number today April 27th 2021 at 10:30am pacific time. Please help, I do not want this account. Thanks my email is [protected]@GMAIL.COM

PayPal3 company from china using american account

There are 3 company fro. China using ametican account try paypal that facebook promote they metchandise i place a order for bubble tent and the china cabinet they got my money asap try paypal lie with and never send my order paypal lue saying it whos deliver with is a lie refused to give back my money so am out of my money and never git anything metchandise deliver
              Order company name sane site order sewring machine touch my moneyy no sewring machine whos deliver to me and know block me from email they fake rmail address paypal see to think is ok for china to take our american money and give these merchant anothet way to be thief
              .anorher merchant i orderf some boots toych my money no boots zo far i am not letting anyone lie on me if keep my money and i have nithing to show for ir i am reporting these to the fbi for investigation i want my money back they not letting anyone off with our getting my money back

I well stop using paypal that for sure paypal went inti my bank account touch my money give ir ti thief and told me they have proof of delivered they refused to send me copys of these. Deliver

PayPalVenmo

Venmo froze my account 7 months ago and told me it would be 180 days before my money was release but 180 days has come and they emailed me and said the hold was released my account is closed I can now use standard bank transfer to transfer the $10406.43 to my bank so I started by transferring $1000 and then another $1000 then I received an error message and my account was frozen again talking they can freeze it whenever they want and hold any funds for up to 180 days which is wrong and I'm losing my patience that money was direct deposited into my account from unemployment due to covid 19 and you people think it's funny playing w people's money because you have billions of dollars but wake up call it's a pandemic and some people cant afford to give you billionaires $10, 000+ now its $8406. Please have a heart and stop allowing venmo to do this to people.

Respond

PayPalCan’t access my account.

I have a PayPal account I can't access due to a two factor authentication code that can only be sent to my mobile phone. I no longer have that phone number and cannot access my account or any of its information. You have access to my email address and I have received emails to that email addresss from your company. I have called all the phone numbers given and the automated assistance hangs up on me . What can I do to access my account? Please help me...my email address is [protected]@yahoo.com.

2 Responses
                    • Wn
                      wnight1 Aug 31, 2021

The same thing happened to me

• Wn
                      wnight1 Aug 31, 2021

The same thing has happened to me and I contacted the Attorney Generals office about this situation

PayPalChanged mobile number can't access acount

Had to change my mobile number recently.
                    Was informed by my service provider it would take 24 hours but it changed over within the hour.
                    I went to change my number in PayPal and realised the app was not installed which took me by surprise.
                    Upon reinstalling the app, I'm asked to have a code sent to my old number in order to log in.
                    This understandibly is not possible.
                    There is absolutely no option at all to contact anyone for support without having to log in.
                    Every option, including emailing support requires you to log in.
                    I can't log in without receiving this code.
                    I have spent days going around in circles unable to get any help at all.
                    I even left a post on their forums and no one has been able to help.

Respond

PayPalShipping fraud - seller ships your item to different address

I complained to my seller and then PayPal that I never received my package. PayPal contacted the seller who provided a completed tracking history from USPS. I went to my local USPS and showed the postmaster the tracking number. He checked and found it was addressed and delivered to my name but at a different house number and a different street. One mistake could be human error. I have a written letter from my USPS dated 1/14/21 explaining the mixup. PayPal does not care. They will not accept any information about a complaint after they have decided the case is closed. If the error was unintentional the seller would have responded to my first or second email. He responded to PayPal so they wouldn't charge him for a failed transaction.

Shipping fraud - seller ships your item to different address

1 Response
                        • Sh
                          Sherron Dixon Apr 18, 2021

Same thing haven to me i want norhing to do with paypal. They working with companys that taken ametican people money and they rhink we are so stupid not to put two and rwo together i complain to the fbi for investigation on paypal i want my money back i had to file a police report first. Dont let them get away with take u money

PayPalLack of customer service

I have been on PayPal since 2011. Recently I have been getting multiple security questions, over and over when I try to access my account. I only get responses from a bot or something. They use to answer their phone. Now they hang up on me I was trying to link my bank to my account, but now am not sure I trust them anymore after 10 years of great service.

Dec 26, 2020

PayPal — 7V3630414M5743313

Refund made with incorrect amount. The company refuses to evaluate the case, just looks at the record...

PayPalService

I've always used PayPal but as of late service has been horrible. Covid changed a lot and so has shopping. I never shopped online until Covid-19. PayPal has declined all my disputes and I never received my items or refund. I'm out roughly $130. I don't have a lot but when I purchase something I want it. Amazon and EBay have sent all that I have ordered just not PayPal. Not a happy camper here😡🤬😡🤬

Dec 23, 2020

PayPal — Account Restricted $2400 balance sabotaged

Reference ID: PP-L-[protected] My employment salary gets credited in my bank account then the salary is half...

PayPalScammers!!! Took over $500 because my sales goes up

Paypal is stupid and has stupid terms and conditions. You ever made these stupid terms they have, you are stupid!!!

They closed my account for no reasonable cause. No disputes. No chargebacks. Nothing. My customers are happy doing business with me.

Now one day, they just suddenly hold my payments for 21 days each transaction and said, I got my sales up to sudden. Of course! We are a business! And it's normal to aim for sales growth as soon as possible! Stupid paypal. The problem with you guys, you are nothing in regards to financial education and you think you are best at these things? No. You suck and trust me, karma is real.

If you don't want to suffer like me, stay away with paypal. I promise you, they will take your money and use for their own good and doesn't care about their clients suffering for anything especially within this pandemic.

PayPalPoor customer service

Dispute of Online Sales Credit shortage of SGD342.55 due to Overseas Fraud sales transaction
                              w/Proof of documents lodged with Singapore Police and sales invoices and emails communications
                              Case ID: PP-D-[protected]

Despite numerous emails, we have sent to Paypal since 10July, till now we have yet to receive any reply from Paypal on the outstanding SGD342.55 to be returned to us

As stated on the police report an overseas customer Mr. Jonathan Whitman has lodged a refund of 8 Bausch & Lomb Magnifiers claiming that all goods were damaged without providing any photos as proof
                              In order to initiate a refund or exchange we request customer to ship back the damaged goods but on 16July we only received 2 magnifier glass and 20 pieces of tiles.

Please email us at [protected]@durasafe.com.sg

PayPalAccount locked

Back in March of 2020 PayPal locked my account and I can't get them to tell me why. I think it had to do with 2 returns that I made on Mercari and I think E-bay because the Items were broken during the mailing process. I've tried to get a hold of them thru e-mails and phone calls. I can't get them to answer the phone and I keep getting form letter e-mails saying to go to the Resolve Center. When I go to the Resolve Center there is no resolve button to resolve anything, it just says I broke the terms of agreement. When I tried to close the account it says that I have to wait 180 days. So now it's been more then 180 days and it still won't let me close my account. I e-mailed them to fix it or close my account. The e-mails just tell me to go to the Resolve Center. Any help in closing my account would be appreciated. I give up.

Thanks,
                                Curtis B. Carl

PayPalRefund from busuu

I opened dispute in PayPal regarding Busuu (charged me €70 Euros for something I dont use, I don't have access to and I cancelled my subscription BEFORE They took money for next period) and They said That is still my fault. Helping scammers like Busuu should be forbidden, I find it unfair That They do not want to help with my refund. I did appeal to their decision so waiting for the results now

Refund from busuu