Payless Car Rentalcar rental

Reservation Number: 11191941US5
xRef: [protected]
RR#[protected]

To Whom it may concern:
I rented a car through Southwest Airlines Visa card, I chose the Payless Car rental on August 10, 2019 for September 5, 2019 through September 10, 2019 in Seattle, WA. According to my confirmation $254.36 was due when I picked up the car on September 5, 2019, Reservation (11191941US5)

When I picked up my car on September 5, 2019 I was handed a bill that said $404.88 was due and was told by the agent at the desk that the overage was a "deposit" and would be refunded.

When I dropped of the car on September 10, 2019, in Seattle, WA there was no one at the Kiosk, nor was there a drop box for the key. I left the keys in the vehicle. I went to the 5th floor to the building and to the Payless desk, there was no one there. I then traveled by bus to SEA Tac for my early morning flight. I tried to call the desk that was supposed to be open 24 hours several times, no answer. I then called the 800 number on my rental agreement and spoke with Karen, who asked me to deliver the keys to the desk. I informed her that there was no one at the desk and that I was at the gate and would not be traveling back to the car rental agency. (Phone ID #[protected]). I called the local rental desk number again when I landed in Phoenix, AZ to see what the status of my rental was and did not get an answer. I called the local rental desk number again when I landed in Raleigh, NC (7 hours later) and got someone on the phone who said that they did get my car and would be sending me a statement for my car by email. I received the statement and surprised to see that it was for $404.88 and that the "deposit" was not refunded.

When I realized that the deposit was not refunded I called the 800 number and was told that my case had been closed. I informed the operator that I had been charged incorrectly and she said she would open a new case and was given a unique ticket reference number of 105F968 and I would hear from Payless.

On September 12, 2019 I received an email stating that the deposit went toward the rental total and that my case was closed. (Payless Customer Care Case [protected][T131D16A]). This statement is incorrect, again, I was told that the deposit would be refunded.

I am copying Southwest Airlines with this correspondence so that they will know how their vendors treat their customers. I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my rental. I was charged more than I was told I would be charged. I am requesting the return of the "deposit" (by my calculations the amount I was overcharged was $150.52) as indicated by your desk agent in Seattle, WA.

Te