Panera Breadmanagement

S Mar 09, 2019

Saturday, March 9, 2019
I recently had a very unpleasant experience at Panera in West Caldwell, NJ, one that I have been coming to for the last 10 years. I arrived at about 4:30. Set my things down, went up to order and returned to table # 8. I always order food and/or a beverage, while grading papers and lesson planning. I am very patient. But I cannot tolerate rude behavior by those who should know better. I will not stand around and remain indifferent especially when a person's integrity is at stake (a sleeping man, who is a frequent customer, is a bit disheveled in appearance and so he was being taken advantage of in this case) Two of your location managers did nothing.

I first complained to one manager who was on her break. She was a young black woman in her late 20s who I've seen before at the restaurant, telling her first that someone was "flat out" sleeping in one of the booths. Then I told her two drunk guys sitting at tables 12/13(speaking of the bar hop they just returned from) were mocking and yelling at the sleeping man. When I walked away from telling the first manager, she told another manager (a tall white man in his 30s who I've also seen there before) who went back to working and never came over to me or to the area. The cursing got louder and the embarrassment I felt this poor man, got worse. I could not sit and let it continue. I approached the male manager and confronted him as to why he never addressed the issue that I had reported. He said dismissively, "I'm watching." I'm sorry, but that is condescending and unhelpful in a situation like this. With toddlers around, families and this poor man being subject to this behavior, it had to stop. I asked the two boys to leave and told them their behavior was reprehensible. I am really upset about the situation start to finish.

A woman at the next table said to me when I returned to my seat, "That is privilege and entitlement at work. Such a shame. I was very close to saying something too."

Well the truth of the matter is---I did and no one else did, especially your managers.

• Su
    Suzanne EIizabeth S Mar 09, 2019

LIke I said I am a teacher. I have boycotted Panera Bread. I told my students that they also have to boycott Panera Bread. I toldt that if I saw or heard any of them dining at Panera Bread that they would get a failing grade and detention. I told them to get their parents to boycott the restaurant as well. So not only you lost my business but the business of 20 students as well. I told them that if their parents took them to Panera Bread that I would report them for child abuse and exposing their children to this type of environment and have them removed from their homes.

• SubSquirrel Mar 09, 2019

The troll is back. She’s not hitting her kids, she’s brainwashing other kids. I’m sure this will be posted on the website that publishes her posts and accusations that are false. The Board of Education in her city will be notified, I’d bet. Another lawsuit for defaming the school system.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices