OptimumFailure to install service

T Oct 13, 2020

Had an appt for new install on 10/10 for installation, got a call tech was running late.. fine. Tech shows up unprepared for job - needed bucket truck for service on poll. Leaves job and says, "someone will be back tomorrow.." - no other information.
No one shows up Sunday - I spent hours being transferred and hung up on by 4-5 different customer service reps to finally settle for a reschedule for today, 10/13 between 8-11am. NO ONE shows. No call. Nothing.
Spend another few hours getting transferred and hung up on to be told there's nothing that can be done other than reschedule AGAIN. Now on schedule for Thursday, 10/15 - 5 days later than original. AND - this appt can't be confirmed without going into the system with my Optimum ID. But I can't set up an Optimum ID without home network... Soooo... Bets on someone showing up to actually get the job done?!
I have spoken to at least 8-10 reps, no "managers or supervisors" ever available, can't give me a name of anyone to call directly and can't do anything outside of what "the computer will let us do."
What happened to customer service?!
In a world that is completely reliant on internet... this is an unbelievable disgrace and I wish I wasn't in a position of desperation.

Sally Wilson59 Oct 25, 2020

I'm feeling your pain. Im in the midst of a mess they created when i tried to go to fiber service that i found out doesnt exist after the tech showed up. Guess what This? The canceled my old service. Now I have nothing! This company has to do something if the want to stay in business.