Optimum# [protected] - tv, internet and telephone package - disconnect request was ignored

O Jul 19, 2019

My name is Svetlana Golub,

135 Ocean Parkway Apt 5R,
Brooklyn NY, 11218
Optimum Account Number # [protected]

To whom it may concern,
I have call on July 13, 2019 and requested to disconnect your service.
On a same day July 13, 2019 the new Verizon triple play Service has been installed at my address. I have record, and you can check it with Verizon.

On July 13, 2019 during my cancellation call, the Optimum representative told me, that request will be recorded as July 15, 2019. I agreed. I returned all equipment, and call to close account .

Today, on July 19, I received bill for next period starting from July 16, 2015. I call to Optimum billing department app at 5:30 ET, to close my account.

Optimum Billing representative told me that I have to pay for one more month from month. I told him that I dont have service, why I have to pay, he told me on a bottom of my bill clearly stated that I have to pay to the end of billing period. But I requested disconnect on July 13, 2019. I asked for supervisor, he put me on hold and when he returned, as per his supervisor Edward Fernandez, he advised me to back to optimum store, take equipment back and enjoy it for one more month.

It was very rude and inappropriate, unprofessional remark! The reason I canceled your service on July 13, is - I did not enjoyed your service for more than a month - the 50% of the channels have been out of service !

Please revisit my request, close my account as have been requested on July 13, 2019, send me conformation on closing of my account and please stop forcing me to pay for NOT PROVIDING ANY SERVICE.

Svetlana Golub

I have Optimum e-mail, topic is "your request for disconnect", e-mail received on July 14, 2019", that confirms that I placed disconnect order before July 15, 2019.