Having problems with Omaha Steaks?

Omaha Steaks Customer Service Contacts

Sat8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Customer Service Mailing Address:
10909 John Galt Blvd, P.O. Box 3300, Omaha, NE 68103

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Omaha Steaks Customer Service. Initial Omaha Steaks complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Omaha Steaks above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Omaha Steaks. Discuss the issues you have had with Omaha Steaks and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Omaha SteaksBad Company

On December 7, 2010 I saw a christmas gift assortment from Omaha Steaks advertised on a popular morning show for a fraction of the retail cost which included a $20.00 e-Reward certificate with each purchase. I purchased a gift assortment for myself and later purchased one for my mom. The e Reward code for my mom's purchase was sent however I did not receive the code for my purchase of several hundred dollars. I called customer service and was told that it take 48 hrs after the order ships to receive the $20.00 Reward. It seemed a bit odd considering I had received the code for my mom's purchase but i waited the 2 days which turned into a week. I emailed regarding the issue and was given several conflicting responses from Omaha Steaks Customer Care reps: A Jones and J Davis. I was told the eReward code had been sent already to my email, I said I have no record of receiving my email please resend the original communication. I then received the response that, we sent it to a different email address, which was connected to my mom's order. I explained it was my mom's order however it didn't matter because now it was one eReward per household. This was two completely separate orders, households, emails, shipping addresses etc. The common factor for each order was I paid for them, my mom does use a computer so of course I made both purchases. Omaha Steaks apparently cross referenced my name/info for some unknown reason, possibly to defraud customers of advertised offers. The orders were placed primarily due to the offer including the $20.00 e-Reward code. The meat was not exactly the quality I was expecting considering the price of their products. BUYER BEWARE! PURCHASE FROM OMAHA STEAKS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Omaha SteaksTake my advice, just get your meat from the local butcher

Ordered one time then asked to have all emails and snail mail stopped. Told that will take up to 90 days to stop the snail mail, and in the meantime, I receive 1 to 2 mailings per week which I throw away. You know that the 90 day time period is totally wasteful. Why send ads to people who have said that they don't want it, and simply throw it away.

Take my advice, just get your meat from the local butcher. It's fresher, cheaper, and they don't bombard you with wasteful advertising. By the way, when I called back to plead with them to stop sending the mailings, I was told that there was nothing that they could do to stop it until the 90 day period was up. I told them I would be sure to post my views of their advertising policies as a warning to others. I got another mailing today, ripped it up without opening it, sat down and wrote this warning to other potential victims of their snail mail blitz techniques. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM!!!

• JuliePooh51265 Aug 10, 2011

I have ordered Omaha Steaks in the past and I think they are great steaks. However, I have a local butcher who has meat that is just as good and a whole lot cheaper. OS is a nice treat once in awhile but I sure couldn't afford it on a regular basis. As for the ads and emails, just trash them. All complaining does is upset you, they couldn't care less. I used to get calls nightly but I just didn't answer when I saw it on my caller ID. They eventually stopped. I don't get mailers but don't recall if I get email. I get so much spam that most gets deleted without being looked at.

• Do
        Doctor U.B. Well Jun 28, 2010

If getting junk mail is the worst thing you can complain about, then your life sounds pretty good to me!

Omaha SteaksTake a close look at the prices before you buy

I received an email and snail mail, both within a couple of days of each other. The email gave 15% off any purchase including SALE Prices. The paper I recived advertised a package for $49.99. When I tried to use the coupon code, they said it was not applicable because it was an OFFER, not a SALE. The same package of the internet was considerably more expensive. As a result, they give you 15% off, but it is 15% off a much higher price. Take a close look at the prices before you buy! Bad business!

Omaha SteaksLousy service

Ordered from omahasteaks.com wasn't pleased with the product(s) and when i called customer service, they got huffy. i asked for a supervisor and she was being huffy too.

even though they sent a $10 gift card they acted as if they were doing me the favor. don't do me a favor w/ a piss poor attitude and expect me to continue to buy your product (gift card or not)?

i wrote the president of the company and when jerry called in response to my letter, it was jessica who took the call. she was curt and told me you've already been helped w/ your issues. then why call me with more lousy service and waste my time? is this what writing the president of the company gets you - lousy customer service? won't ever be buying from omaha steaks ever again.

Omaha SteaksBeware

I had a Omaha Steaks retail store in my general area but it closed about two months ago. Since then I have been bombarded with mail telling me that I could go to two of their stores in another state and receive fantastic bargains. Today I received an envelope that must have cost them two dollars to mail and it had a flyer inside advertising "Free Shipping" if I would go to their stores in this other state and place my order. It is at least 50 miles to these other stores so that would mean 200 miles of driving just to place my order, go home, and come back again at a later date.

I called Omaha Steaks today and asked about this and was no more than 30 seconds into my tale of woe and the guy hung up on me after asking me "when are you going to place your order"? I called back, got a different guy, who at least listened to me, and said "its only 22 miles to (the other stores). I asked him if he was aware that the Potomac River seperated the two states and he had no idea what I was talking about. At that time he got incredibly offensive and said that he didn't have time to talk to me if I wasn't going to place an order. Beware. Do not deal with this company. They hire rude and impatient people.

Omaha SteaksDishonesty

The Oamaha steaks I received as a gift for Christmas were pretty bad...don't bother with the hype. Get your meat fresh from the market...honest!

• Updated by Eikoms · Jun 16, 2017

Updated 3 times

• Updated by Eikoms · Jun 16, 2017

Not pleased with item

• Dg
                DGH08 Dec 25, 2019

We received a package for Christmas from my in-laws. I fixed hamburgers tonight for my family. My husband bit into his hamburger and spit out "bone". It was a TOOTH!!! Gross never eating this meat again. I'm contacting Omaha Steak customer service immediately. I highly recommend not eating their steaks. The ground beef had a funny taste as well.

Comments
                Comments

• Le
                len Carlson Jan 05, 2019

Your steaks suck and thin

• Ei
                Eikoms Oct 23, 2018

Received above item and it smelled funny so I threw them away. I usually. Love everything I get from Omaha but this was not good could you replace with a dessertThanks everything o get is very good this being the exception

• Om
                Omaha Steaks Old Products Dec 30, 2009

Not only bad but old. They are selling some products that have code dating over 8 months old.

John Gnomes Nov 18, 2009

This complaint shouldn't even be here. I would love to get free steaks as a gift, even if they are bad. And, its the thought that counts, right?