Having problems with Olive Garden?

+1 800 248 4935 (Gift Cards - USA)
+1 888 888 3341 (Gift Cards - Canada)
+1 844 645 6925 (Customer Service)
+1 800 331 2729 (Guest Relations)
1000 Darden Center Drive
Orlando, South Carolina

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Olive Garden.

Complaints & Reviews

Olive Gardenunlimited soup, salads and breadsticks...

Hello while on vacation I've went to the Olive Garden in the city said below. I went a Saturday ordered soup and a entree, when I finished my soup they asked if I wanted more I asked for one togo. The waitress was nice and said she'll bring it out at the end. Then we go back Wednesday ordered soup and entree, asking for another togo soup and they said the unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks was a in restaurant deal only! It was some strict rule they've been told by their manager I guess. When not on vacation I usually eat at one of your locations in Indiana because it's close to my home and they are more then happy to give me togo soup to take with me. I haven't ever heard in advertisements "Unlimited soup salad and breadsticks in restaurant only". I just thought if I paid for a entree to get unlimited soup I should be able to enjoy it late at home to.

Olive Gardenour service and food

I was a loyal customer for 7yrs at least 3 times a month and not only on december 28th was our service horrible, food was extremely small portions appetizers got given to wrong table and we didn't even get them till after our meal.. The 4 of us didn't even get to eat together cuz meals came out 12 minutes later after 2 of us... The manager didn't even care when we politely complained and they didn't care about any of us... Ive written and complained and nothing... I re written in the hopes some 1 will care they lost a loyal customer of 7yrs so sad to say goodbye to my favorite restaurant, I spent over 100.00 and the service was horrible never again : (

Olive Gardenservice

To whom this may concern, last week my family and I dined in the restaurant for a late dinner. Aprilrose Gerhardt was our server she was nice whenever approaching the table however was in a bad mood due to us taking to long as we were her last table. Sitting in a booth in the second room we could easily hear her gossiping about us and made us feel like taking care of us was a burden. She mentioned how we would probably barely tip her and automatically judging us from the start. The food was great however due to our awful experience I don't think we would be returning to this location any longer. Thank you and happy new year!

• Po
          pobarjenkins Jan 03, 2018

What time were you at the location and what time did they close?

• Su
          Sulphur7 Jan 03, 2018

I would definitely have said something and let a manager know.

Olive Gardenmanagement team

I applied for a job at olive garden and when i call to check on the status of how my interview went the management team acts as if they dont want to talk to me and I feel like they give me the rum around and this last time I called the manager I sooke with was very rude and cut me off mid sentence I felt it was really disrespectful and unperffessional.

Olive Gardencool food, missing food

On 12/24/17, we ordered To go dinner consisting of two children's meals, fettuccine, shrimp fettuccine, and I think it was a seafood fettuccine with shrimp and scallops. 2 soups were ordered as well as one salad.

We ordered online and when we began ordering it said to order at least an hour before we wanted to pick it up. So we placed our order and at the end when we were paying, your say indicated that are food would not be ready for 2 hours. That was the first problem. The second problem was when my son-in-law went to pick up our food. He ended up having to wait 20 to 25 minutes as the seafood fettuccine had to be remade. He came home with the food and we found that the salad was not in the bag. Then when we opened up the containers we found all but the fettuccine Seafood was cold. Mind you, we only live 5 to 10 minutes away from our local Olive Garden. We microwaved the kids meals. Then we had to microwave the fettuccine and the shrimp fettuccine. It tasted terrible. It tasted like take home from the night before after you've microwaved it 12 hours later. Honestly, it ruined our Christmas Eve. In the past we have always Cooked our Christmas Eve meal, but we decided to try something difference and order from the Olive Garden, a place where we have always had good food.

I called the manager who was apologetic. I explained to him that but my son arrived at the Olive Garden there were very few customers, and the amount of time we had to wait for the to go order was ridiculous. I brought up the missing salad, and the poor quality of two of the fettuccine cheese. He offered a $25 gift certificate. While I appreciate the gift certificates, it does not negate the fact that our Christmas Eve dinner was ruined. My family has been going to the Olive Garden for years but it will not be the first place that I'll think of when I plan to go out to dinner. It was just a terrible experience on Christmas Eve

RESOLVED

Received $25 gift certificate.

Olive Gardenbad waiter

We drove from Volusia County over to my daughter's favorite restaurant location out of all within your chain at Seminole Towne Center (Store #1526) in Sanford, FL., to celebrate my daughter's birthday! But this turned out to be anything BUT a joyous occasion! The 60 year older waiter Scott B., with the gray ponytail was just plain HORRIBLE! He repeatedly referred to those seated at our table as 'GIRLS'! And continued in spite of us repeatedly voicing our displeasure to him in being addressed in that manner, plus asking him more than four times not do so! He then gave some baloney excuse about how he called his daughters 'girls', and that we reminded him of his daughters. However, it was clear due to the fact that we were African Americans that none of us were 'his' GIRLS! However as he circulated around from table to table we observed that he constantly addressed the customers seated at the nearby tables respectfully "Ma'am can I refill that for you?" and "Sir is everything okay with your meal?" Yet there was a distinct difference in his tone of voice and manner of address each time he returned to our table loudly stating "What can I get YOU GIRLS?" It was visible that he elected to blatantly ignore our MANY requests that he not address us as "GIRLS". He totally disregarded not only our MANY requests BUT also our visible level of total discomfort each time he would state it. He was extremely rude, loud, and his professionalism or lack thereof said a lot, plus left a sour taste in my mouth! Over the past years I have always happily patronized your restaurant, recommended it highly to my employer, friends and family to cater the many events held. .However, due to our HORRENDOUS experience we WILL DEFINITELY NO LONGER promote your establishment OR return as a patron! What I WILL DO IS SHARE my experience with others in conversation, as well as on Facebook and twitter. Everyone knows that my daughter's choice of restaurants to celebrate her birthday at over the years hands down has always been Olive Garden, but this is one birthday that left us both reeling, and mutually agreeing NOT ANYMORE! Yesterday's visit was totally HORRENDOUS to say the least!

• Sh
                Shaun R. Dec 23, 2017

Why would referring to you as girls be negative in any way? Maybe I missed something. Was there a guy seated at the table too?

Olive Gardenservice and the manager

Ok let me start with I am an employee with o.g. just work at different location. I am currently on leave of absence due to my pregnancy. On Dec 18th I gave birth to my daughter and my father gave my cousin and I money to celebrate the occasion. Instead of going to my work location we decided to go to the Rosenberg location. Worst decision ever. I am well aware of our standards being that I have been with the company since 07. It started with our server her name was arlet we sat down at our booth, my cousin n my children went to the bathroom to wash their hands n I sat there waiting to be greeted to order our drinks. Our server only had one other table she was attending until we got there however she never came by to introduce herself or say she'd be right with us. I found it rude but I thought OK maybe she's waiting on the rest of my family to sit down. Finally after about ten min she greets us. We order drinks. I did order a bar drink non alcoholic so me knowing there would be a delay I also order a water so that I can drink that until my drink arrives. She ignores us about another ten to 15 min no drinks still but yet keeps walking by looking at us. By then we are all frustrated. me my children n my cousin.I tell my family let's just leave n go to my location. I'm positive this won't happen there. My cousin says maybe we should just tell the mngr n ask to switch servers. We flag down another server named Javier goes by javi. We ask for a mngr. He agrees to get her but ask the problem. I explained why I was upset. His response was ma'am I'm truly sorry I will call a mngr but in the meantime can I help take care of y'all? I told him yes it would b greatly appreciated. But that I still wanted to tell the mngr how I felt. He agrees n goes to get a mngr. In the mist of that our original server finally comes back with drinks mind u my water glass is cracked! I look at my glass n look at her let r know I requested an mngr n a new server. She says OK n walks away. Javi comes back n says mngr is busy but will b over shortly. I tell him that's OK well wait. He proceeds to apologize again n take our order. When I tell u he was on top of things I mean he made our first server look bad. He had us n was in another section running back in forth to meet everyone's needs. I assured him I was grateful n I would take care of him for going above n beyond. I told him who I was n that I too worked as a server. Food was prompt n hot. He boxed our food. He catered to my children. I mean he truly was the only reason we stayed. On 4 different occasions however he kept calling the mngr for us because of course by then we were done with food. I needed my discount. N I wanted to explain how I felt about my server n about her not coming to see what our problems were. Her name was ana. My cousin told me this is ridiculous n watch her not do anything for us just cause u work for the company. Well it wasn't until I told my server let it mngr know I will be calling corporate that she finally decided it was important to speak to us. I explained the whole problem. As she made excuses after excuses for why she couldn't get to us. After that she says let me take care of you I'll be right back. She never came back. She sent Javier back with my check her version of I'll take care of you was she gave me my employee discount which she had to do regardless! The discount was for 9.95 I don't see how she fixed the situation. Or how she compensated our moment being ruined but nevertheless even javi was embarrassed n said he couldn't believe it. I tipped him $20 cash my bill was only 32.31 but again he was an outstanding server who deserves recognition..n deserved ever dollar he got. He seemed more grateful for his tip than anything. Wished us a Merry X mas n a congrats on my daughters birth. I will never attend that location again. As I was embarrassed to say I worked for the company n they didn't even care how much time I've put into it. It hurt my feelings n I just wanna express it was very rude n I did not appreciate it.

Olive Garden — food poisoning

Went to olive garden last night with my girlfriend and ordered the tour of Italy with some lemonade. By the...

Olive GardenI signed up for the email club to get free dessert, yet still got charged for it.

I came with my wife tonight at the Olive Garden in South Jordan, UT. The kiosk advertises the email club, I signed up for it, don't recall signing up for it before. The server even suggested dessert since we signed up for it, yet he still charged us for the dessert. When I asked why I was being charged for dessert, our server replied that we would get it in an email.

OLIVE GARDEN 1815
                11364 S. River Heights Drive
                South Jordan, UT 84095

Olive Gardenthe kitchen looked filthy and my dinner was inedible.

I ordered dinner to go and sat at the end of the bar waiting for my order.
                  I could see right into the kitchen as servers and kitchen help walked over AND on garbage (food) as they walked in and out of the kitchen. I understand breaking down at the end of the night (it was 9:35 PM) but I question why... when prepared food was still being sent out to customers.
                  I almost walked out when my food arrived. I spoke to the server and told her I was kind of grossed out how messy and dirty the kitchen was and she assured me my meal was fine and that was not where my food was prepared. I paid for my food and left. The more I thought about it the worse I felt (remorse) for taking my food home. What I saw in your kitchen was repulsive and it WAS filthy!! I took a few bites and ended up throwing $25.08 down the garbage disposal plus my $4.00 tip. The chicken Parmesan was so salty it was inedible and the calamari was undercooked and doughy and I couldn't get the picture of that dirty kitchen out of my head. Couldn't unsee it! Would like to add the servers were very nice and I have no complaint about them... but I question how Olive Garden would view what I saw as acceptable procedure. I would like to request a full refund... I don't care about the tip but that was disgraceful what I witnessed.

Olive Garden — bad service, bad food, bad experience

Had dinner at the Katy, Texas Olive Garden after work at about 8:30 pm. Since I was alone, I sat at the bar...

Olive Gardenhorrible experience

I went to Olive Garden in Amherst, NY, and the overall experience was horrible. My friend and I were seated within a few minutes. It took the waitress 15 to come to our table, introduce herself and take our drink orders. Ten minutes later, we get our drinks and she mixed them up. Another 12 minutes later, we get our cold hard breadstick and dirty silverware. We ended up getting four different sets of silverware, which were all dirty (water/soap stains). It took almost 30 minuted to get our food, which came in hot plates, was extremely cold. The manager took the food back to have them reheat the food (not to make new plates). It took another 25 minutes for the waitress to come back and see how everything was. Overall, we were there for almost 2.5 hours for food that we didn't enjoy, an experience that was ridiculous, and a waitress that was "ready to leave". Approximately $75 later, this was a waste of money and time. I have never experienced anything like this before. This is something that I will be sharing with others.

Olive Gardenpick up order

in October I had made an online order for an eggplant parmigiana bread stick sandwich. My co-work went to pick the food up for us, however when I receive my food it was not the eggplant it was a chicken bread stick sandwich. When I called the location (Sandy, UT) The manager apologized and offered for me to go back and get the correct order. Unfortunately that was my lunch time and I no longer had time to go there. they're about 15-20 minutes away from work. He then offered to send me two free meals for the trouble I agreed gave him my mailing address to send them to. I feel I gave ample amount of time considering we are now at the end of December. Very dissappointed in this. Maybe for future reference give the option to email instead of mailing. I had wasted money as I am vegetarian and did not it the food.

Olive Garden — unauthorized tip charged to a customer gift card

I visited Olive Garden in Danville Virginia on Dec. 14, 2017 with a group from my job for a Christma...

Olive Gardenunethical behaviour

December'16'2017
                        Table 101
                        ID # [protected]
                        Check # 57219
                        It was me and my family's first time dining at Olive Garden, the food was wonderful. But, the customer service was unacceptable. The employee Hailey which was greeting the customers and allotting tables was very rude, she had no smile and behaved racist towards us. Her behaviour with caucasian customers was good but as for me, I am Indian and she treated us very poorly.

Olive Gardenservice

On dec 16 2017 My wife and I went to Olive Garden 1552 1945 Waddle road State Colleg Pa.16803. We arrived at! 620 Pm tble 502. Waitress Amy. Check Number 824329. We got drinks ok. And salad and snack. But we waited 45 Minutes for food. The when we needed waitress we aited 20 minutes finally I pushed service light. It still was ignored unti another waitress seen it. And waited on us. And they seated us beside a party of kids and a lot of noise. It took 1 hour and 40 minutes for us to get served and pay We do eat there and Long Horn a lot. This was the first time that we was upset about. My
                          meal and service. email is [protected]@yahoo.com [protected]

Olive Gardencleanliness of restaurant

While placing a to-go order young lady opens up swinging door to Kitchen young man in the kitchen combing his hair with a pink pic right by food prep table told manager what was going on he acted like he could care less was ordering food for four people was a very upset and did not even order food afterwards decided to leave manager was like okay thank you try to come again I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic or not.

Olive Gardenquality of food and customer service

My boyfriend and I do not get many chances during the week go out to dinner together to due to our conflicting schedules. On Wednesday December 13th we decided to had a dinner date, and chose to go to Olive Garden in Royersford, Pa.
                              When we got there, it appeared that we were going to have a very enjoyable evening. However, that changed quickly as soon as we were seated at our booth. Our waitress didn't even know what a Long Island iced tea was or if they even served it at Olive Garden.
                              It went from bad to worse, we ordered our food and let her know we wanted salad with our meal. We both ordered the Lobster Raviolli with shrimp and scallops. We advised her that we did not want onions in the salad. It took approximately a half an hour for the salads be brought to our table. The waitress proceeded to tell us that the reason it took so long was because she had so many orders to enter in and a large table she was taken care of. I should have known right then and there to leave but I didn't. It was becoming quite clear to me that we were really not a priority because the salad also had onions in it which we overlooked and just picked out. It was another 30-45 minutes until our food came out, only to have it be over salted and inedible. Our waitress did not check on us and I pushed the call button on the computer on our table, which still didn't get her to come over. We then saw her walking around and we called her over.
                              We told her about the food being too salty and not edible. At first she said "oh I am sorry" and was going to walk away again until I told her that with a price per plate of $18.99, we should be able to enjoy and eat our food.
                              She then took the plates and said she would see if she could find her manager. Approximately 15 minutes later she came back to the table and stated they were you g to take the meals off the bill.
                              The most AMAZING thing about this whole horrible experience is that the manager NEVER showed his face at our table.
                              So a night that should have been special was a disaster. Again, it really does not to feel good as a customer to know that you don't matter. I guess CUSTOMER SERVICE is a thing of the past for The Olive Garden.
                              Trust me when I say that others will know about this experience.
                              I have no problem if you want to contact me, my name is Connie Sattizahn and I can be reached at [protected].

Olive Gardenservice

Start off I love Olive Garden of course my favorite is spaghetti I try to go as often as I can this is the second experience that I had that was really bad I had it to go order and I ordered spaghetti the angel hair with the meat sauce the meat sauce is usually little tiny meat in the sauce but this had hunk of meat and no sauce that's too much money to have to pay and not to be able to enjoy your dinner and the salad the second time I've had it for to go there's hardly no salad and no stuff on top it's just lettuce. I've written you guys before and no response I'm not out for anything I'm just very disappointed I'm sitting here now would love to go up there but too bad experiences for to-go orders not happening. And one other thing to me when I went to pick it up you pick it in the bar area and behind the bar and through the area where they were working to me was way too dirty. Again one of my favorite places.

Olive Gardenmanagement and unprofessional behavior of store #1596

On 12/9/17, 4pm, I arrived to Store #1596, South Hill Plaza Olive Garden Restaurant. The restaurant was busy, but as a frequent customer, not out of the normal. I expected a bit of a wait time. I checked in at 4pm for 7 guests under my name Angie. The guest seater, told me expected wait time would be about 20 to 35 minutes for our group. I took my beeper he gave me and sat down. 30 minutes later while we were still waiting, we noticed more large groups some bigger than ours coming in the door. While we were sitting there, we saw multiple smaller groups, some with 4 or 5 guests be seated who had arrived after us. I understood this as we waited that tables may be available for them. However after sitting there another 25 minutes, so 55 minutes total now, we noticed that two groups of 7 were both seated before us. These groups arrived almost a half hour AFTER us, when this restaurant does not take reservations. I approached the Guest Seater, and asked him, how long we would be waiting, as we have children who are hungry as well. He stated probably ANOTHER 25 minutes. When I asked him why, nicely, because we had just noticed two groups of 7 who were seated before us, he checked his sheet, and I could see the look on his face, that he has clearly over looked us, but instead of saying that, he told us, that he had only ONE table designated for a group of 7, (which made no sense) and that the table we were waiting on, was taking a long time to eat. And he had sat the other groups, thinking this table was going to leave sooner. He then said he would check on the table and be right back. 10 minutes later, we never saw him leave his post but heard him talking to someone about it, however no one ever came. I then asked to speak to the manager, as it was now 1 hour and 20 minutes we had been waiting to be seated. The manager, Anna Richards, approached, and told me that she was sorry for the wait, and then proceeded to tell me that the table had actually already cashed out 40 minutes earlier, however they were all still sitting there talking. Not eating, not ordering anything more, just talking, and she was sorry because she would have assumed they would be more respectable and leave. I explained to her that I have been a waitress and I knew that there was techniques, when it was a busy time to get customers to understand they need to leave, however she said they cannot do that and per Olive Garden Policy, the people were free to sit there as long as they wanted.
                                  Though I don't understand this, I asked her, so in the event this ONE table decides to stay there for another hour, are we to still sit here, because you gave two other groups tables that came in after us? She apologized again and said there was nothing she could do, we would have to continue to wait until they got tables open. Two of them being the two tables they sat down after we arrived.
                                  She then walked away.
                                  This was a very special dinner for us, it was to celebrate my brothers birthday, which I understand may not be of importance to anyone but us, however as paying customers, I do know that we would have had quite a bill in celebrating as we always do.
                                  We waited another 15 minutes, now almost 2 hours, in hopes that that manager was going to resolve something, however we didn't see anything, so we left, and went to a restaurant BJ's, right next door, and were happily seated within 15 minutes, and they were just as busy as the Olive Garden.
                                  We frequent the Olive Garden quite often and we have NEVER been treated so rudely and as if our services were un needed. I would think regardless of how busy a store is, that each customer is valued just as important as the next.
                                  Because of this, not only did you lose our business that night, but you will lose our business for future events as well, and the business of many of our family and friends, because this truly left a very bad image as to how far down the staff customer support has gone.
                                  I work for the Government myself and if we treated anyone as rudely and as unvalued as this management treated us, we would be reprimanded on the spot. It is truly unacceptable, and I highly disagree with how she is representing the Olive Garden and blaming Policy for their lack of judgement, planning and organization when seating customers. It was clearly their error and over sight and they took NO accountability for it what so ever.
                                  I would ask that training and better techniques of being accountable be put into place with staff. A friendly reminder of whom actually provides the money to pay their paychecks would also be needed.

The Olive Garden has always been a place I have valued and loved to be at, I have never complained about anyone, but this one was truly disappointing. Our time is just as valuable as the next.

Thank you for understanding.

• Po
                                      pobarjenkins Dec 11, 2017

While they definitely should have handled the situation better, I don't see any evidence of anyone acting rudely. In regards to the customers who were just sitting there talking, unfortunately a lot of companies do not allow the restaurants to do much at all to try to get the individuals to leave. Both in food service and regular retail.

You could consider calling their corporate office with your feedback if you wish.