Nokia N'series Promotionalplease authentification this letter.

S

From the desk of the manager
Nokia n'series promotion
Trans-atlantic s. A london,
United kingdom

We are delighted to inform you of your prize release on the 5th january, 2008 from the nokia 'n'series end of year program. Your e-mail was attached to ticket number [protected], serial number 6028808. This batch draws the lucky numbers as follows [protected] bonus number 20, which consequently won the lottery in the first category.

You hereby have been approved a lump sum of gbp & pound;1,000,000.00 (One million great british pounds) in cash credit file ref nkn/uk 110241/01from the total cash prize of gbp & pound;50,000,000.00 (One million great british pounds) shared amongst 50 (Fifty) lucky winners in this category. All participant were selected through a sorting and filtering program designed by nokia technical service department from 50,000,000 (Fifty million) e-mail addresses from the web in a bid to promote reliance on the telecommunication industry as a global and convenient means of communication. This is part of our international promotions program which is conducted yearly to promote the use of mobile phones with the world as a global village. Nokia collects all the e mail I d of the people that subscribes to yahoomail, msn, hotmail, aol, altavista, and others online, among the billions that subscribe to us only fifty people will be merge for winnings. We only select fifty people every month as our win ners t hrough electronic balloting system without the winner applying, we are congratulating you for having been one of the lucky people that won for this last month. Your lucky winning number falls within our european booklet representative office in europe as indicated in your play coupon.In view of this, your gbp & pound;1,000,000.00 (One million great british pounds) will be released to you by any of our payment offices in europe.

To claim your & pound;1,000,000.00 prize contact our claims processing lottery agent below:

Mr james keegan.
Foreign services manager, payment and release order
Department, claims processing lottery agent.
Trans-atlantic s. A london, united kingdom
Email: [protected]@yahoo.Co. Uk
Phone +[protected]

Note that all claims process must be duly completed early to avoid impersonation or double claim. Also to avoid
Unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your reference/ticket numbers in any correspondences with our
Designated agent.
Warning: fraudulent emails are circulating that appears to be using yahoo international lotteryaddresses, but are not
From us. If you receive similar email that is not from us, kindly disregard/discard it immediately. Do not reply any
Such email but genuine email from us via this email address. Our security pages that will give you more information about current scams and what measures you can take to protect yourself.

Dr mrs. Darryn clarke

• Di
    Dineo maodi Jan 12, 2008

I did reply to the e-mail and gave them my physical address. I didn't give any bank details though. I wasn't sure if it was a scam or not and now it appears that it is one.What do I do now? Do I need to worry about my safety now that I gave them my address and my mother's address (as my beneficary!)

• En
    Enes Tuna Jan 14, 2008

Hi, I ve recived the same e-mail as Mr Dineo Maodi, so do I need to worry for my ssafety, it looks impossible.

• Ab
    abdalla mohamed Jan 20, 2008

I did reply to the e-mail but i dont know what will happen after that

• Va
    Vaikunda Raja Jan 20, 2008

I too have recieved a mail from the e-mail ID '[email protected]'. I havn't replied. But i ran a search in Google with the caption and I found this site over there.

• Hu
    hurmeluuri hevoskuuri Jan 20, 2008

I received that e-mail in a little bit different form the day before yesterday and i read it just few minutes ago. I didnt reply, because I knew already that the e-mail was bullsh*t.

Anyway, i dont know what happens to them who gave their contact information. I bet nothing happens.

• Re
    reshma Jan 23, 2008

I received the same kind of mail and replied to it too. But did not give any details. Does it affect my safety by any way?

• Ni
    nisha karla vaz Jan 24, 2008

I received the same mail... i even called the no. That was displayed in the mail... the person asnwered and congratulated me... however i didnt giv any personal details... so i hope i wont have any problems?

• Da
    dawn Feb 01, 2008

I received the email and sent my deails, there is nothing on it saying there is a catch and its not asked for major details, the number to call is premium rate but does congratulate, i hope it is real, could really do with the money

• Ka
    karen Feb 03, 2008

I received this email and thought I would do a search for the company and found this. Obviously a scam, I did not reply.
    A company genuinely giving away that much money, would have a much more professionally laid out email and an internet address.
    We could all use the money but unfortunately to win money you usually have to actually enter a competition to win money. I didn't enter anything!

• Wa
    wahyu Feb 08, 2008

I get that email. after I claim, the order me to pay to delivery officer to send that check. I must pay 550 Pounst. They do not take charge from my winner money. But they want my money, they will send the winning money to my bank if they have gotten my payment. So don't beliave with this promotion.

• Mo
    MOHIT MALHOTRA Feb 14, 2008

I too have got the same mail on 11 feb and I have response to
    the mail with my personal details Do I need to worry for the safety?
    They had given me the form to fill all the details and the option to claim prize amount, they have also given me the parcel courier company name parcelflight in UK and I talked to the person and he too given me call in my mobile and told me to transfer the amount in his agent mohmmad sheikh account and then he will deliver the cheque within 72 hours. I had given him all the information.
    IS ANYTHING TO WORRY FOR ME?

• Ab
    Abdelhameed Feb 19, 2008

I did reply to the e-mail but i dont know what will happen after that
    How do I know that this award was the fact or is it a sham

• Pa
    Pavlina Feb 20, 2008

I have also got that mail two days ago. I have given personal data since I filled the form. The deal is that I obtain the money as long as I send the delivering fee in advance (440 GBP). If this is a complete fraud, it is certainly well done. The logos appear to be original, they are willing to send a certificate of guarantee before getting the delivering fee......????????????

• Mo
    MOHIT MALHOTRA Feb 21, 2008

Can anybody reply me are these mails real or fake? Nokia board of directors can they reply me? Please reply me.

• Pe
    PenDragon Mar 23, 2008

I sent them a reply stating that they've won a million pounds and asked them to send me their credit card info so i can transfer the money to them.

• Fa
    fatimah hashim May 06, 2008

i just wanna now that its fake or not, may me it reflects illegaly my secruty.

• Kn
    knight May 28, 2008

yes, I received 'you have won' notice with the same ticket and serial numbers etc. I am pleasaed I looked this up to find it is a scam.

k

• So
    Soeren Noerskov Pedersen Jun 10, 2008

I got the same e-mail. I live in Denmark.
    As long as you do not give "the company" your credit card information, you need not worry about the balance in your bank account.

In regards to home adresses for yourself and your next of kin this should not pose a threat to anyone's security, as that information is not secret. Mind you that anyone can look up anyone else's adress for whatever purpose.

I consider telling Nokia about this, as their brand name is being mis-used as a means of credibility, ie to make us believe that we've a millon quid because Nokia say so.

That is clearly a violation of the good name of Nokia.

• Au
    Ausra Jul 11, 2008

I gave my name, address. What I have to do now? I didn't gave them my bank account. They sent me sertificate and cheque copy with my name. Please answer me what I have to do?

• Mi
    michele beaton Jul 15, 2008

I also got this email and it is very much a scam, as if it was from a ligitamate company the email wouldnt be sent from a msn gmail yahoo addy etc, it would be sent from the official company nokia, and as I hadnt entered any competition I know its a scam, dont part with your money to them as you will lose your money and no winning cheque will land on your doormat BE WARNED BIG HUGE SCAM!!

• Ba
    Bambang Iswanto Jul 24, 2008

I am receipt send announcement about winner from Nokia N' Series Promo there are send from Mr.James Keegan I send about he need Identification data and again send about package which must paying 460 Uero and again send with sertificate of Winning Ref. No. : UKLT/245512568021/0 S.No: 5368/02 and passport from Mr. Richard Davies. As son as Customer Cervise Departement Register in England 929027 from Virgin Atlantic Courier LTD. I am will ask it is reali or fact is not.

Bambang Iswanto

Marlies Zoll Jul 30, 2008

I got an e-mail from the following address, calming that I have won a prize.
    Did not reply, just wanted to let others know about thespam address.

Please contact:Mr JAMES KEEGAN
    Contact Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +44 703 190 9354
    Fax: +44 707 500 4877

• Ke
    kenisha simmonds Aug 13, 2008

PLEASE AUTHENTIFICATION THIS LETTER.
    FROM THE DESK OF THE MANAGER
    TRANS-ATLANTIC S.A LONDON,

We are delighted to inform you of your prize release on the 6th JULY, 2008
    from the NOKIA 'N' SERIES PROGRAM. Your e-mail was attached to ticket
    number 1110008342, serial number 6028808. This batch draws the lucky
    numbers as follows 4-13-7-37-1 bonus number 20, which consequently won the
    lottery in the First category. You hereby have been approved a lump

sum of GBP £1, 000, 000.00(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) in cash credit
    file ref NKN/UK 110241/01 from the total cash prize of GBP
    £50, 000, 000.00(FIFTY MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) shared amongst 50
    (Fifty) lucky winners in this category.

All participant were selected through a sorting and filtering program
    designed by NOKIA TECHNICAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT from 50, 000, 000 (Fifty
    Million) e-mail addresses from the web in a bid to promote reliance on the
    telecommunication industry as a global and convenient means of
    communication. This is part of our international promotions program which
    is conducted yearly to promote the use of mobile phones with the world as
    a global village. NOKIA collects all the E MAIL I D of the people that
    subscribes to yahoomail, msn, hotmail, aol, altavista, and others online,
    among the billions that subscribe to us only Fifty people will be merge
    for winnings.

we only select fifty people every Month as our winners through electronic
    balloting System without the winner applying, we are congratulating you
    for having been one of the lucky people that won for this last month..

Your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative
    office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your
    GBP £1, 000, 000.00(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) will be released to
    you by any of our payment offices in Europe.

To file your claims, please contact our agent:
    Mr Anderson .J. Maxwell.
    Foreign Services Manager,
    Payment and Release order Department,
    Tel:+44-704-570- 1186
    Fax:+44-870-479-3435

Note that all claims process must be duly completed early to avoid
    impersonation or double claim. Also to avoid unnecessary delays and
    complications, please quote your Reference/Ticket Numbers in any
    correspondences with our designated agent.

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information
    confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize
    released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double
    claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by
    non-participant or unofficial personnel.

Thank you for being part of this promotional email lottery program.

Mrs. Rose Adams
    NOKIA! 2008 Lottery program

• Sv
    S.V.Ramesh Oct 27, 2008

TRANS-ATLANTIC S.A LONDON
    UNITED KINGDOM.
    Attention: Winner, Please you are require to fill the form below, Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA N'SERIES PROMOTION. My names are Mr Anderson .J. Maxwell I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the email sweepstake promotion.
    In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £20, 000, 000.00 (TWENTY MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) shared amongst the first (20) lucky winners in this category. for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company email address, and 50, 000, 000 individual email address from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London. In view of this, your £1, 000, 000.00(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) would be released to you by our redemption centers.Our agents will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below Section A**Personal
    Prefix (Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., etc.):
    First name:
    Middle name:
    Last name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender: Male Female
    Occupation
    Address:

A scanned identification of yourself
    Country:
    Section B**Winning Information
    Phone Number
    Winning Email Address
    Amount won (in figure) £
    Amount won (in words)

Section C**Internet
    Contact email address(s) 1.
    Internet connection Home Work Public

You are also required to choose the mode which you want to collect your funds : i.Travel down personaly to our office in UK.

ii. Delivered to you in cash in your country or any country closer to you within our Diplomatic cover via a Diplomatic means.

iii.Through Courier Delivery

iiii.Through our Europe redemption center ( WIRE TRANSFER ) this option is for those who are unable to travel due to one reason or the other.
    I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
    Yours faithfully,
    Mr Anderson .J. Maxwell
    Tel: +44-704-575-4118 Copyright © 2008 Nokia. All rights reserved
    ...
    ...
    This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

noushad laila Nov 11, 2008

I have got the following E-mail, i had ignored it for last few days, n today due to my curiosity as the E-mail is from the id stated <[email protected]>, i have searched on google with the "NOKIA N'SERIES PROMOTION" n have got this page. so may i know actually what is it?!

Final Notification !!!Saturday, November 1, 2008 4:57 AM

We are delighted to inform you of your prize release on the 29th October,
    2008 from the NOKIA 'N' SERIES NEW YEAR PROGRAM. Your e-mail was attached
    to ticket number 1110518342, serial number 6028608. This batch draws the
    lucky numbers as follows 4-13-7-37-1 bonus number 20, which consequently
    won the lottery in the First category. You hereby have been approved a
    lump sum of GBP £1, 000, 000.00(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) in cash
    credit file ref NKN/UK 110241/01 from the total cash prize of GBP
    £20, 000, 000.00(TWENTY MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) shared amongst 20
    (TWENTY) lucky winners in this category.

All participant were selected through a sorting and filtering program
    designed by NOKIA TECHNICAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT from 50, 000, 000 (Fifty
    Million) e-mail addresses from the web in a bid to promote reliance on the
    telecommunication industry as a global and convenient means of
    communication. This is part of our international promotions program which
    is conducted yearly to promote the use of mobile phones with the world as
    a global village. NOKIA collects all the E MAIL I D of the people that
    subscribes to yahoomail, msn, hotmail, aol, altavista, and others
    online, among the billions that subscribe to us only Fifty people will be
    merge for winnings.

we only select fifty people every Month as our winners through electronic
    balloting System without the winner applying, we are congratulating you
    for having been one of the lucky people that won for this last month..

Your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative
    office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your
    GBP £1, 000, 000.00(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) will be released to
    you by any of our payment offices in Europe. To file for your claim, Please
    contact our Fiduciary Agent for VALIDATION.

Mr. Marcus Anderson.
    Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order
    Department, CLAIMS PROCESSING LOTTERY AGENT. TRANS-ATLANTIC
    S.A LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
    Tel: +44-704-576-1525

Note that all claims process must be duly completed early to avoid
    impersonation or double claim. Also to avoid unnecessary delays and
    complications, please quote your Reference/Ticket Numbers in any
    correspondences with our designated agent.

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information
    confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize
    released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double
    claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by
    non-participant or unofficial personnel.

Thank you for being part of this promotional email lottery program.

Regards

Mrs.Ella Wayne
    NOKIA! 2008 Lottery Program
    Copyright © 2008 Nokia'N'Series Year Program.

M. A. Awal Jan 23, 2009

I received the following email from "NOKIA N'SERIES" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts

*****************

FROM THE DESK OF THE MANAGER NOKIA N'SERIES PROMOTION .

Your e-mail was attached to ticket number 1110008342, serial number 6028808. This batch draws the lucky numbers
    as follows 4-13-7-37-1 bonus number 20, which consequently won the lottery in the First category. You hereby have been approved a lump sum of GBP Ј1, 000, 000.00(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS).To file for your claim, Please contact our Fiduciary Agent for Validation:

Name: Mr .Morris Graham
    Tel: +60123925819

Dr Mrs. Darryn Clarke
    NOKIA! 2008 Lottery program

*****************

I would appreciate what I shoud do regarding this email.

Truly,

M. A. Awal

[email protected]

• Wa
    ward Feb 04, 2009

i recieved sms about winning 242.000 pounds
    and i just want to make sure that the email they sent to me belongs to nokia and its :[email protected]
    or its fake???//!!!

• Or
    originalsoul Mar 12, 2009

How in the hell do these people know I have a Nokia N Series phone in the first damn place!

A good rule of thumb for anyone reading. If you get an email saying you are entitled to a dollar amount of any kind, and YOU DON'T KNOW THEM FROM ADAM, Google the email subject and check for scam warnings, before you give out your personal info to a total stranger.

Also a good rule of thumb. Anybody telling you that you have to pay them to get money that is supposedly owed to you is full of crap. Why would you pay someone to give you money?

• Ad
    Adrian Nelson Ramirez May 30, 2010

I recived a e-mail notifying me that I received a prize of one million pounds. From: ©Nokia'N'Series Program ([email protected]) I also received a questionaire to fill out. I want to know the authenticity of this. I t was sent by Mr Harry James ( agt Harryjames @w.cn/ I want how serious is this communication. yours,
    Adrian Nelson Ramirez

• Ad
    Adrian Nelson Ramirez May 30, 2010

I just want to know the valility of the message to follow the next steps requested. I don"t want to acuss noboby, I suppose it can be a promotional campaign. I want just to informe you about this prize and I hope it may be treue,
    Best wishes to you and your company.

Adrian Nelson Ramirez

• Sr
    srilanka Sep 22, 2010

We congratulate you once again on the selection of the Nokia'N'Series
    Promo held on May 2nd 2010. You have been approved to claim the sum of £
    [email protected]
    +44-702=403-1629

Best Regards
    Mr. Terry Styeven

i got above email what can i do now???please let me know...

• At
    Atomiccasks Aug 25, 2013

Got this in my gmail spam box in Australia. New it was ###. Straight away any emails asking for all these details or any comps u shouldn't have to pay or give any details as they should have already. Usually scam emails come from.either UK, nigeria, etc etc also any comp should have ur details already n should not have to ask for personal details cause if u entered a competition they should no already. Alot come from yahoo, yahoo lotto etc etc. Do not reply ever to anythibf with any of your personal details come on guys dont be so stupid. Even I no that myself. U shouldnt have to pay or give out details at all. And they should at least no ur ph number. Not just random emails. Spam spam spam... Don't answer any of them they r all fake from the orphans, to the lotto winnings, to the fraud companies, to the so called orphans stories, they r all ###. Any email that ask for ur details or r mispelt words, oh even the duo couriers, or FedEx company, fraud companies. They should not have to ask u. Please b careful just delete. If u won something they will call u not via email. U no when u have entered something or not. They r all stupid scams. Each n everyone of them. Report them n don't ever answer them . Even the FBI ones. Once u transfer money they r in another country there then is nothing u can do about it. Don't b stupid.I even got one from paypla not PayPal, miss spellings in emails should be a sign and report to the companies, such as PayPal phishing, ring PayPal urself. FedEx report them n any other real company get their phishing email from the.real places n let them deal with it. Then delete. Never open attachments either they lay viruses in ur pc or Mobile phones etc n they can access ur camera, banking details etc. So be aware. I do enter alot of competitions n win. But never had to do stuff like this. Don't b stupid they will call u. N don't reply to the text ones either. They r no different!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices