Newspaper Archivessubscription issues

S

This is an online newspaper archives service. I was distressed one evening when their system told me that I had exceeded my page limit for the day! My account information states that I have been on a quarterly membership (with payment up to date). When I first subscribed, the quarterly fee was 29.97 -- it was then increased to 41.97 without any notice to me! I am appalled! The quarterly subscription expires February 10, 2013.
On exploring other subscription options with this service, I discovered that I could purchase a 'platinum' subscription for 65.89 per year, with a free month. That's a decided saving over what I had been paying. It would have been nice to have been advised that this option is available.
I immediately cancelled my quarterly membership (confirmed by company) and subscribed to a yearly membership, also confirmed. However, they elected to start the new subscription as of the transaction date (Dec 12, 2012), plus I didn't get the extra month promised.
I have sent 3 e-mails requesting that my two memberships be honoured AS ADVERTISED AND PAID FOR; my quarterly membership continues February 10, 2013, with the new membership to begin February 11, 2013 AND that I be given the promised extra month. According to my calculations, this would take me to April 10, 2014.
To this date, they have not acknowledged my e-mails, much less given me satisfaction.

• Te
    Terri59 Mar 15, 2014

I have been a long tome customer of Newspaper Archives. I was on automatic renewal, and that is fine what is not fine is that they raised their rates sky high through the roof and didn't give any notice that they were doing this.

I certainly did not want this subscription service any longer at the new high rates. I tried to cancel and was told there is a strict non refund policy and that I should have cancelled 72 hours before the automatic renewal period started. Also that as a responsible adult I should have known that my subscription was up. Also if you don't cancel and you don't pay what they tell you to pay through their bloated prices. They will take you to collection to get their money.

PLEASE READ THEIR POLICIES BEFORE SIGNING UP FOT THEIR PRODUCT... 6 MONTHE JUST COST ME A NON-REFUNDABLE $100.00 WHEN I FIRST SIGNED UP IT WAS LESS THAN THAT FOR THE WHOLE YEAR...