Good Housekeeping Logo

Good Housekeeping

Having problems with Good Housekeeping?

Good Housekeeping Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 6000
Harlan, Iowa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Good Housekeeping Customer Service. Initial Good Housekeeping complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Good Housekeeping above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Good Housekeeping. Discuss the issues you have had with Good Housekeeping and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Good Housekeepingcharging for subscription renewal when I cancelled many months ago

I cancelled my subscription to Good Housekeeping many months ago due to the abundance of advertising and microscopic print in some articles. Now, my credit card (I had to change my number at the suggestion of my card company) has been charged for automatic renewal. I have sent two letters to the magazine office complaining about this and asking that they cancel this charge. I still will need to pay it by December 9, 2019 or it will reflect badly on my credit rating. This should not be that hard.

Good Housekeepingmagazine

Already had a bad experience where I had to call the bank because some how they were charging my credit card, how they got this info is beyond me. I received a refund from my BANK thanks to credit protection, but I do Not want to go through this again. Just received another copy of this magazine saying that I could cancel at any time. I NEVER subcribed! I don't read magazines, thats what internet is for [censored]!

Good Housekeepinggood housekeeping magazine

In November of 2018, I received a Good Housekeeping magazine with a bill for $7.97. I ignored it thinking it was just outreach on the company's part as I never ordered this magazine. First, I don't read magazines and second, I'm not a 90 year old woman who would subscribe to Good Housekeeping. I then received a "final notice" of this bill at the end of November. I went online and found NUMEROUS complaints of this company doing the same thing to other people. So I call the company and wait over 20 minutes to talk to "John". He asks for my billing zip code, account number, last name, and street address. I refused to give him my street address. If they have my account and verified my zip and last name that's all the information they need. He insisted in order to cancel my bill he needed my street address. I told him no way as I was uncomfortable giving these charlatans any more of my personal information. I informed him that what this company is doing is mail fraud and that I will be reporting Good Housekeeping and him to the BBB and PA Attorney General, so he needed to cancel my bill immediately. I then hung up.

Good Housekeeping — magazine

I entered 2 random sweepstakes and later that day got an email for a a year subscription for $7.97. I did not...

Good Housekeeping Magazine — invoice for unsolicited magazine subscription

Below, is an email message I sent to Good Housekeeping Magazine's Customer Service: "I just received an...

Good Housekeepingmagazine

Did not subscribe to this magazine and have received three issues. Please discontinue immediately. I have noticed there have been several complaints the same as mine against this company. This is very frustrating particularly when no number or email address can be found. I literally had to use a magnifying glass to find the New York, New York Editor address.

Note: The address below is the only one I can find in the magazine. I could not locate a phone number or email address.

magazine

Good Housekeeping Magazinebilling

I paid my bill through my bank in November and it shows posted on 5 Dec 16. I just got a bill on 17 Dec 16 asking me to pay the bill. I went online to review my account and they don't show anything paid. I tried to send an email but that didn't work because I won't allow them to place an app on my computer. You can't contact them without this app and they don't list a phone number. I then went to cancellation and they have it set up so that you can't write a complaint as to why you are cancelling. I'm snail mailing their invoice back with a demand for a refund of my $34.97 that they had already cashed. This is not the first time they have messed up my billing, but it is the last. I'd like a refund to account [protected] to Hemet Ca.

Good Housekeepingrenewal of gift subscription

I received a 2nd notice for payment of $7.97 for renewal of a gift to Debra Haldeman. The last time I wrote and let you know that I no longer wanted to continue that gift. I wasn't happy to know that I have been charged for the ongoing publications, I want them stopped immediately and want reimbursed for those issues. I am not sure why or how this happens but I do not intend to send any money until MY subscription is due. Your VERY prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Michele M. Sauers

Good Housekeeping Bed linens — sheets

I bought two complete queen sized sheets, Good Housekeeping brand, at Walmart. I liked the color, and trusted...

Good Housekeeping Magazinecanceled, but gh took money from my acct.

I had canceled all of my subscriptions with Hurst Magazine, yet I am still getting billed and now have had $13.00 taken from my account without my permission. I've contacted them several times by email and still no results. I check my status it will say cancelled, buy then get an email bill.
              I request that they refund my money, and stop all magazine subscriptions. I did not want auto renew and notified them more than a month ago.

• Ca
                  Carol W. Spitzer Apr 09, 2009

Gentlemen:

I only have one complaint having to do with Good Housekeeping Magazine and that is the absence of page numbers on many of the pages of the magazine. It makes it very frustrating to try to find things at times.

• Su
                  Sue Fisher Mar 23, 2009

I received an invoice for $20 for 24 issues of Good Housekeeping magazine, but I never ordered it. I do not buy or read any magazines. I tried the website listed, but none of them worked to pay a bill.

Joyce Dailor Mar 20, 2008

In the Fall I subscribed your magazine and as of today I have received only 2 issues... Jan. and Feb. How do I get to talk to someone about this? The folks through whom I subscribed have no answers for me.

Good Housekeepingduplicate copies

I am receiving two copies of the GoodHousekeeping magazines. One in my name C A Burger(GHK0553811/6#)(14976) which I should be receiving and then I just started getting one in my Husband's Name Terry W. Burger and an invoice (GHK0944628452/1#)(14975).
                I did not order the one in my husband's name Terry W. Burger. I need this one cancel, since I only need one magazine.

• Ca
                    Catherine Broedel Dec 13, 2011

I am receiving two copies of goodhousekeeping magazine. One for Catherine Broedel #ghk1132608876/6# and one for my husband; Francis A. Broedel #ghk0986440535/0#. Please combine the two subscriptions as they are going to the same address and we only need one magazine! I have written a letter, and it was not answered, and we are still receiving two . Please help me straighten this out. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Jacqueline Suver Mar 27, 2011

The last time i order this magazine was 11/11/09. And I paid them in full I sent them a check for 12.oo. So I dont know where this 7.97 came from. I dont own this. So i hope yoy will take this off of my creidt. I can send yoy a copy of the check.I will never order another one from them again.

• Cy
                    Cynthia Burger Jul 07, 2010

I Just do not need two magazines, so I need the one cancel that is in my Husband's name Terry Burger

• Ki
                    kim yrlas Nov 18, 2008

to whom it may concern I am being billed for a magazine I never signed up to receive not sure what happened but not magazines have arrived at my home or anything I will not pay for a magazine that I didnt sign up for or receive

goodhousekeepingI do not owe them a balance

I RECIEVED THIS LETTER FROM SUNRISR CREDIT SERVICES ABOUT A BALANCE OWED TO GOOD-HOUSE
                  KEEPING. ALTHOOUGH I ONCE HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM ON THE LAST RENEWAL PACK THAT I
                  RECIEVED I WROTE CANCEL ALL OVER IT. IT ALSO ARRIVED BEFORE THE RENEWAL DATE WHICH MAKES
                  IT THEIR BEFORE THEY SHOULD EVER RENEWED IT AGAIN. I AM ALWAYS PROMPT ON MY ACCOUNTS AND
                  HAVE NO REASON TO TELL A TALE TO GET OUT OF THIS ONE, THAT IS NOT ME. I REALLY DON'T KNOW
                  WHAT HAPPEN, BUT, I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS MATTER.

SINCERELY CAROLYN POLLARD

3490 St Paul Blvd

Rochester, N.Y. 14617

• At
                        Attorney Harvey Rephen Apr 03, 2010

Hi, I'm a consumer advocate in NYC. I have recently settled several cases with Sunrise under the FDCPA. Feel free to contact me for free advice or representation. if your rights have been violated under the FDCPA you are entitled to up to $1000.
                        Regards,
                        Attorney Harvey rephen
                        212.796.0930
                        [email protected]

Good Housekeeping — subscription not ordered/invoiced

I never ordered Good Housekeeping and started receiving the magazine followed by an invoice. Since in...

Good Housekeeping Magazine — scam billings

My 98 year old mother cannot see to read and so has not renewed her Good Housekeeping subscription. She i...

Good Housekeeping — I didn't order it!

My wife forgot to un-tick a subscription box while entering a sweepstakes on their website and right away she...

Good Housekeeping Magazine — discrimination!

WE received two "Professional Courtesy Discount Order Forms" for their magazine prescription. One wa...

Pinehurst