Nationstar Mortgageclass action lawsuit

T Review updated:

All who have been wronged by nationstar, please go to: www.Nationstarclassaction.com
It is time for a class action lawsuit!

• Ca
    callicorp Jan 07, 2011

i went to the class action website and left all my information and no one has contacted to me. i am very interested in joining the lawsuit. Nationstar added 40, 000 dollars on to my loan with no explanation. please help me!

Roseanne Jordan Largent Oct 14, 2012

I lost my home after 30 yrs!
    The harassing phone calls cost me my job, undo stress, and mental anguish to the point of breakdown! I lost everything! Including my job, x ray license, drivers license due to a blackout while driving caused by over stress! I have nothing now to fall back on and am having to live with friends! The home I once owned out-right, was used as collateral to acquire a loan in 2002 with Centex and never had a problem until Nationstar took over. My "late" husband, who died in 2004, was never acknowledged by Nationstar as being deceased and would always call asking for him. I sent them death certificate and a copy of the probate but was told I would be penalized for being a widow!
    I paid by western union, suppose to arrive within minutes and paying 15.00 for the fees and it never got posted time and then late charges accrued! When I was on time, Id have people contacting me wanting to know when I was sending a payment! There is much more to add to my report but would like to get a class action lawsuit on this company for bad business!!! Since my foreclosure, in July 2012, My home with 4 acres and mineral rights have all been destroyed by vandals and mineral rights taken away from me and given to them! I'm curious if they can use my collateral loan as a "first mortgage" in the first place to assure the AMR loan? Which was suppose to only be for 2 yrs. However, my husband died in 2004 with liver ail and for 9 months prior to his death, he had been in and out of the hospitals on life support. I had perfect credit at the time and payments were never late. There is more! and more! At one point, I was told I couldn't get a fixed loan because I was a woman and that the rates would be higher. I was harassed by a guy name John, who was trying to help me refinance but got very upset because I had to probate the will and it was going to take 90 days and that was May 27th, 2005. He said to me, Look Lady, Ive been working with you all month and if I don't get this loan app in by the end of this month, I wont get a paycheck!" Seriously!!! Like it was all my fault! He also wanted to go to y step daughter, which was 70 miles away from Nationstar business and harass her into signing papers stating she didn't object about anything that was in my husbands Will, so that we didn't need a probate. At this time I worked for Wise Regional Medical Center and was the primary x ray tech for ER, Trauma, and surgery, working 16 hr shifts! The calls never stopped.. I was grieving after a marriage of 23 yrs, trying to maintain professionalism at work and trying to hide my personal stuff from the work staff. But the calls kept on and on. I was fired for exhaustion! every time you call, you get an agent that gives you a phone number that is suppose to be specifically "their" extension, but when you call back to talk business, there was always someone else answering the phone! Then you'd have to repeat all your information and troubles over and over again! In 1 day, I talked to 5 different people who had no clue what was going on and would have to repeat myself! Over and Over and Over again! I was trying to get the HAMP loan, and they kept adding more and more stipulations and docs to the things I needed and although I had my stuff faxed, timed and dated, they didn't get the papers in in time to get the loan and therefore was denied the loan due to taking so long! This is just a tip of the iceberg! I'm tired and nearly homeless trying to raise a grand baby, lost my x ray license because of the due stress and therefore have nothing to fall back on and have been without a drivers license for nearly 3 yrs! Thanks to NAtionstar and all their mental BS!!! My home!!! 30 yrs of raising my children and outright owned it! Now an abandoned ruin! They don't care! They have my mineral rights! I got royalty checks every month! Not anymore! There is more... But this conglomeration is a joke and needs to be shut down!!! America or someone needs to put an end to AMR's and Nationstar! Could all this be considered as predatory lending? Id like some answers please. If anyone would contact me, I'm still skiddish about answering phones but would like it if someone would contact me if they can help me get answers or something! I really need help! I feel like my house was stolen for the mineral rights and land and they used a conspiracy to make sure I was delinquent, even when I wasn't, and then let vandals break in and they stole the central ac unit and much more. Again, Nationstar probably had vandals steal and destroy so that MY 155, 000 policy could upgrade the house without Nationstar having to spend any of their own money making it more appealing to the next buyer!!! I'm so angry and hurt and mentally drained!!! I want in on this lawsuit!!! My email addy is: [email protected] Thank you for giving me a voice to expess myself..

• Lg
    lgd1650 Feb 22, 2019

@Roseanne Jordan Largent just happened to me after 20 years I hope you was able to do something, this board doesn't look up t date! I am devastated! Sorry for all your losses I to have the same losses and a few more

• Wm
    Wm Veteran Aug 21, 2019

@Roseanne Jordan Largent lots of excuses - should have been more proactive going after company - you life choices are your own.

• Fa
    Faith and Hope Sep 30, 2019

@Roseanne Jordan Largent Nationstar/Mr. Cooper is a fraudulent company. I checked to see if they were in the county records or MERS system, they are not and have no rights to your loan. They just told me that my Mortgage jumped $300 last week, today they lowered it $200 more. I called FHA to report them, they do not follow any guidelines of HUD and will falsify documents. Also know that Mortgages are a business with investers, each time a refinance happens or your loan is sold, your home is paid off, over and over again. This is why they are quick to try a foreclosure, its free money for them. Always check to see who holds your promissory note and mortgage. I am also interested in the class action law suit. KEEP THE FAITH EVERYBODY..THINGS WILL WORK OUT.

• Bs
    bsweat Oct 24, 2012

I refinanced more than 3 years ago and my mortgage was sold to
    Nationstar. I have dealt with several mortgage companies over the past
    15years. I have never had issues with any of the other companies, UNTIL NOW!!!

I was forced into escrow due to delinquent taxes (of which I had a pmt
    arrangement with the local tax offices). I received (2) letters from
    Nationstar requiring payment in full within 30-days for both county and
    city taxes. I contacted Nationstar to attempt to work with them, but they were adamant on the 30-day period. I could not pay taxes in full on "their" time period, but did provide proof of payments made. I finally told them, do what you have to... but this is all I can do.

(2) months later my mortgage payment increased by 200.00. I can continue to remit my original mortgage pmt amount, however their system considers me as "delinquent" because it is not the full amount due. I contacted nationstar to get help (a joke). I was transferred between 4 different departments and spoke to no less than 6 people. Everyone I spoke to told me something different and conflicting information within the same department. I did a verbal app for a loan mod, he told me I didn't qualify but was sending me the information packet... I never received.

I have offered to remit prepmt escrow for taxes in full, in an effort to reduce back to my original mortgage pmt. I have brought the account to current and requested a waiver to request the forced escrow to be removed... was told it would not be approved. I have attempted to refinance back thru Nationstar, but can't because of the 30-day delinquent they imposed.

I was able to bring my account current (no longer delinquent) and have requested that the deliquency be removed from my credit report... BUT they can't ----**Won't** do that either.

My delinquent taxes totaled 400.00. The thought of losing my house over $400.00 is very devastating. I can't refinance due to the 30-day delinquency on my credit record, which brought my credit score down. I can't afford to remit the increased mtg pmt. and NO_ONE cares that I have attempted to resolve this and isn't willing to work with me. They have me in a corner and I may lose my house.

I have had the same runaround as most others, each person and department I've spoken to keeps putting me off to someone else. I will refinance asap and RUN far away from this company. Yes, I will file a complaint with BBB, (which Nationstar is currently under review with the BBB). AND am willing to be part of a class action suit.

I've done some homework on the this company the past few day and discovered a multitude of people on various forums with the same complaints as here. I thought the point of the Making Home Affordable programs was to help families keep their homes, not to force into forecloure/bankruptcy and homelessness.
    People are losing their homes to this company and IT HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!

• Lg
    lgd1650 Feb 22, 2019

@bsweat this is exactly what happened to me and last week my house went on the auction block for the bank to buy back ! has anyone had any luck to stop this?

Roseanne Jordan Largent Oct 25, 2012

I totally agree wih you! I had that same problem. For 30 ys I paid my taxes though the tax office and without notice, Nationstar added my taxes to my payments. I dont believe they should have that right to do that when I had been dong it all my life. However, they did and I went along with it. THEN, I had made a 1 yr payment to my homeowners insurance company which was 867.00 and the next thing I know, Im getting phone calls and late notices on the mortgage. I looked over my statement and noticed they had made that same paymen to the insurance company! I requested my money back from them and told them to either transfer it onto my account towards my monhly payment or reimburse me for that amount. I was transferred to several departments.. They all saw the double payment but wouldnt do nothing about it. the next thin I know, Im 2 months behind, according to them and ready to put into default! The insurance payment never transferred. I called the insurance company to see if they would reimburse me and they were out of business! I had my policy so I contacted that insurance firm and they looked it over and noticed the double payment and within 3 weeks, I received a check for the over payment. I then sent it to Nationstar to put it towards my mortgage and they stuck it into an escrow account to cover "other" costs... No explanation what "other" meant.. Noone could tell me why I sent a payment with a written statement specifying where to apply the money and yet it go to my payment and I kept getting further and further behind. Same thing happened to me with the delinquencys and trying to refinance.. They kept late charges on me so I couldnt refinance and I couldnt go anywhere else because of the late payment history they had me bonded into. It just kept getting worse. Phone calls and phone calls. People coming to my house leaving little strips of paper telling me to please contact Nationstar. Actually, they were asking for Charlie Jordan, but I had already sent them death certificates and power of attorney papers showing he was dead. It didnt seem to matter. And then, The Affordable home BS.. What a joke! They requested an awards letter from XTO, in regards to my mineral rights. I call XTO to request one and they had no idea what one was. So I called Nationstar {Affordable Homes} and they couldnt answer me whtat it was they were requesting either! No ONE knew what an awrds letter was. I never had one. They played this out so long that my loaN MODIFICATION WAS DENIED. Reason? The loan wasnt turned in in a timely manner... Let me also add... During the time of the loan modification, I was told NOT to make any payments because I was definately qualified and my payments were goinng to be lower so there wasnt any need in making any payments until it was approved. 3 Monthes went by and I was getting wrried because they were still dumbstruck about the awrds letter and slow playing everything and sending me to one agent to another over and over and over again. Each time Id have to repeat myself over and over and over again! well, 3 monthes.. I had enough for 1 1/12 payment saved to cover what I thought was going to be the new payment. They wouldnt accept it. and told me I was in default.. I confronted them about what they had been saying over and over about not sending in a payment and they said " they didnt know what to tell me other than I bwetter have all the money sent in within 12vdays or they were going to send it on to foreclosure. The phone calls went on and on...all hours of the day and night. Theyd use 1 800 numbers for the first call then theyd call right after. I have an idea. The phone calls always says they are monitored and recorded for quality purposes... Wonder how we could get those calls to prove everything we say is truth! We need to obtain those recordings for OUR QUALITY AND SERVICE TO BE USED AGAINST THEM! Any suggestions on how we can obtain thier records?

th!sman Nov 09, 2012

CA push you around if they sniff you don't know your rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick

Roseanne Jordan Largent Nov 28, 2012

CHECK THIS SITE OUT FOLKS! THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN WRONGED BY ANY MORTGAGE COMPNY OR BANK LENDER! WORTH THE READ! This may be a solution to the problems! God may be taking care of us all without even knowing it..

press release

Oct. 25, 2012, 2:09 p.m. EDT

Major Banks, Governmental Officials and Their Comrade Capitalists Targets of Spire Law Group, LLP's Racketeering and Money Laundering Lawsuit Seeking Return of $43 Trillion to the United States Treasury

NEW YORK, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Spire Law Group, LLP's national home owners' lawsuit, pending in the venue where the "Banksters" control their $43 trillion racketeering scheme (New York) - known as the largest money laundering and racketeering lawsuit in United States History and identifying $43 trillion ($43, 000, 000, 000, 000.00) of laundered money by the "Banksters" and their U.S. racketeering partners and joint venturers - now pinpoints the identities of the key racketeering partners of the "Banksters" located in the highest offices of government and acting for their own self-interests.

In connection with the federal lawsuit now impending in the United States District Court in Brooklyn, New York (Case No. 12-cv-04269-JBW-RML) - involving, among other things, a request that the District Court enjoin all mortgage foreclosures by the Banksters nationwide, unless and until the entire $43 trillion is repaid to a court-appointed receiver - Plaintiffs now establish the location of the $43 trillion ($43, 000, 000, 000, 000.00) of laundered money in a racketeering enterprise participated in by the following individuals (without limitation): Attorney General Holder acting in his individual capacity, Assistant Attorney General Tony West, the brother in law of Defendant California Attorney General Kamala Harris (both acting in their individual capacities), Jon Corzine (former New Jersey Governor), Robert Rubin (former Treasury Secretary and Bankster), Timothy Geitner, Treasury Secretary (acting in his individual capacity), Vikram Pandit (recently resigned and disgraced Chairman of the Board of Citigroup), Valerie Jarrett (a Senior White House Advisor), Anita Dunn (a former "communications director" for the Obama Administration), Robert Bauer (husband of Anita Dunn and Chief Legal Counsel for the Obama Re-election Campaign), as well as the "Banksters" themselves, and their affiliates and conduits. The lawsuit alleges serial violations of the United States Patriot Act, the Policy of Embargo Against Iran and Countries Hostile to the Foreign Policy of the United States, and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly known as the RICO statute) and other State and Federal laws.

In the District Court lawsuit, Spire Law Group, LLP -- on behalf of home owner across the Country and New York taxpayers, as well as under other taxpayer recompense laws -- has expanded its mass tort action into federal court in Brooklyn, New York, seeking to halt all foreclosures nationwide pending the return of the $43 trillion ($43, 000, 000, 000.00) by the "Banksters" and their co-conspirators, seeking an audit of the Fed and audits of all the "bailout programs" by an independent receiver such as Neil Barofsky, former Inspector General of the TARP program who has stated that none of the TARP money and other "bailout money" advanced from the Treasury has ever been repaid despite protestations to the contrary by the Defendants as well as similar protestations by President Obama and the Obama Administration both publicly on national television and more privately to the United States Congress. Because the Obama Administration has failed to pursue any of the "Banksters" criminally, and indeed is actively borrowing monies for Mr. Obama's campaign from these same "Banksters" to finance its political aspirations, the national group of plaintiff home owners has been forced to now expand its lawsuit to include racketeering, money laundering and intentional violations of the Iranian Nations Sanctions and Embargo Act by the national banks included among the "Bankster" Defendants.

The complaint - which has now been fully served on thousands of the "Banksters and their Co-Conspirators" - makes it irrefutable that the epicenter of this laundering and racketeering enterprise has been and continues to be Wall Street and continues to involve the very "Banksters" located there who have repeatedly asked in the past to be "bailed out" and to be "bailed out" in the future.

The Havens for the money laundering schemes - and certain of the names and places of these entities - are located in such venues as Switzerland, the Isle of Man, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Cypress and entities controlled by governments adverse to the interests of the United States Sanctions and Embargo Act against Iran, and are also identified in both the United Nations and the U.S. Senate's recent reports on international money laundering. Many of these entities have already been personally served with summons and process of the complaint during the last six months. It is now beyond dispute that, while the Obama Administration was publicly encouraging loan modifications for home owners by "Banksters", it was privately ratifying the formation of these shell companies in violation of the United States Patriot Act, and State and Federal law. The case further alleges that through these obscure foreign companies, Bank of America, J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo Bank, Citibank, Citigroup, One West Bank, and numerous other federally chartered banks stole trillions of dollars of home owners' and taxpayers' money during the last decade and then laundered it through offshore companies.

This District Court Complaint - maintained by Spire Law Group, LLP -- is the only lawsuit in the world listing as Defendants the Banksters, let alone serving all of such Banksters with legal process and therefore forcing them to finally answer the charges in court. Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission, nor the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, nor the Office of the Attorney General, nor any State Attorney General has sued the Banksters and thereby legally chased them worldwide to recover-back the $43 trillion ($43, 000, 000, 000, 000.00) and other lawful damages, injunctive relief and other legal remedies.

James N. Fiedler, Managing Partner of Spire Law Group, LLP, stated: "It is hard for me to believe as a 47-year lawyer that our nation's guardians have been unwilling to stop this theft. Spire Law Group, LLP stands for the elimination of corruption and implementation of lawful strategies, and that is what we're doing here. Spire Law Group, LLP's charter is to not allow such corruption to go unanswered."

Comments were requested from the Attorney Generals' offices in NY, CA, NV, NH, OH, MA and the White House, but no comment was provided.

About Spire Law Group

Spire Law Group, LLP is a national law firm whose motto is "the public should be protected -- at all costs -- from corruption in whatever form it presents itself." The Firm is comprised of lawyers nationally with more than 250-years of experience in a span of matters ranging from representing large corporations and wealthy individuals, to also representing the masses. The Firm is at the front lines litigating against government officials, banks, defunct loan pools, and now the very offshore entities where the corruption was enabled and perpetrated.

Contact: James N. Fiedler877-438-8766 http://spire-law.com

SOURCE Spire Law Group, LLP

Copyright (C) 2012 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

• Ra
    rallyagainstnationstar Sep 02, 2013

NationStar Mortgage is Horrible!!! It is so bad that I started a blog about it so people can recognize just how bad this company is. The blog is as follows: (http://rallyagainstnationstarmtg.blogspot.com/ )

This blog is really just a bit of information for other people who are dealing with the very incompetent NationStar Mortgage. However, I don't even know where to begin. We have been dealing with NationStar Mortgage for a VERY LONG time and every day we get more and more frustrated. Through this so called "Obama Plan" homeowners who were upside down on their home could do a modification. This initially was something we thought would be a no-brainer. Our home is worth far less than what we owe on it. We thought we would send in what was requested of us but it has not been that easy. Each week NationStar Mortgage comes up with another excuse on why they cannot help us do a modification.

The first thing NationStar Mortgage told us was they could not help us because we were never behind on our mortgage. We were advised to become three months delinquent and then they could help us. We have never been late on any payments so we really felt we should not do this. NationStar Mortgage pretty much told us they could not help us unless we became late. Despite the fact we did not want to do this they made us feel like it was our only option. We decided to get three months behind (against our better judgment) so NationStar Mortgage could help us. But this did not go as we expected. In turn, it made things worse. After the three months we tried to start making payments but NationStar would not accept them. They mailed back every check we sent stating they would not accept our payment unless it was paid in full. Within one week of us receiving our first check back, we received a letter from an attorney stating they were starting the foreclosure process. Once again, we tried sending in our payment. In turn, it was mailed back to us with the same letter...we needed to pay all or nothing. I have never heard of anyone not accepting payments. We had to borrow money from family to pay the entire three months plus the two months we tried to pay them just to stop the foreclosure. NationStar is now trying to make us pay for their attorney fees. Seriously!!

The lack of educated people at NationStar is completely disturbing. Every time we tried to contact NationStar we would get the same run-around. We have never been able to speak with the same person despite the fact that we are supposed to have one point of contact. This supposed one point of contact is always too busy to speak with us and when voice mails are left they are never returned.

This has got to be the worst company. Have you ever heard the term "the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing?" That is NationStar Mortgage. No one knows what the others are doing. One person will say we are "being reviewed" while another states we don't have all the necessary paperwork. We have a huge stack of paperwork that has been sent their way and yet it is always something. I honestly do not know how this company can stay in business. I know some are reading this thinking "so what". But this is our lives and our family home. Our home is very important to us and this so-called company is trying to take what we have worked so hard to obtain.

I could go on and on about how NationStar Mortgage is not a company you want to deal with. If you have a story regarding NationStar, we would love hear it. We have reported them and sent in information to The Better Business Bureau. We would hate to see other families have to deal with what we are going through.

I would urge anyone who is thinking about trying to refinance or do any business with NationStar to think twice. You will regret it. If you don't believe me, visit the Consumer Affairs website at

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/nationstar_mortgage.html . There are many more stories just like ours. NationStar Mortgage is not a company that is helping people, they are hurting them. Families just like yours.

• Ga
    galie Mar 26, 2014

Please file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and your State Attorney's Office. I just had my mortgage reduce to the original amount after Nationstar increase it by $120.00 for escrow that I am responsible to pay myself. After many months and trying to make them correct and them telling me no. I was tired of calling and form reading a complaint I wrote to the consumer financial protection Bureau and
    everything was corrected within three weeks.

• Le
    Leo Espinal Sep 19, 2014

My home is being auction off on October 9, 2014 without any warning from NationStar. I have contacted their attorney but no has gotten back to me.
    Can I get some advice on what to do.

• Ss
    ssjs Feb 05, 2015

Bank of America sold my mortgage [after I was advised they would NOT sell my mortgage if I get my mortgage from them] to Nationstar. What a NIGHTMARE. I called them to inquire about if my loan agreement with the modification was still in effect and got hung up on. I tried again, thinking it was probably a mistake, and was on hold for more than half hour. When a person actually answered, I said who I was and before I ask any questions, I was hung up on again. Now, it does not matter, I get hung up on all the time some people answer then hang up, or they don't answer and it hangs up on its own. I have NOT received an Invoice Nov 2012 and have NOT received an Invoice since. So I copy that Invoice and write in big bold red letters "SEND ME AN UPDATED INVOICE" on it and to this date have not received an Invoice. There has been no notifications of any kind. I do not know my balance, or the breakdown of how my payments are applied. Now comes tax time and have not received a Mortgage Interest Statement from them that was due January 31st. Again, trying to call and got hung up on. The people at Nationstar are the worst and uncooperative company. Yes, I want to file a lawsuit against these people. This company has caused hardship, extreme stress and depression on me and my disabled husband because of there blatant disregard for proper business practices and downright rudeness, disregard for forthcoming information that is legally for them to give to us, disregard for causing people hardship, extreme stress and depression. Where do I sign up?

Kenneth Coder Oct 01, 2015

In May, Nationstar Mortgage purchased my mortgage from Ocwen Mortgage. Every single month, they receive $516.82 for the amount in the stated escrow, taxes, and insurance. Seeing that as of May they were holding onto $1, 033.64, they never transferred any of the insurance part of the escrow to my insurance company which is Arrowhead, a division of Geico Insurance; Universal North America Insurance company is one of the names of the Arrowhead division and are all subsidiaries of Geico Insurance. In June, I received a letter from one of Geico’s divisions (probably Arrowhead) and the letter was stating that I was going to be cancelled for non-payment. I called Nationstar and they promised that they would immediately (within the next hour) next-day-air check to Arrowhead. I asked for confirmation of that, they told me they can’t do that and to call back the next day of which they then gave me a false confirmation number. They then claimed that the check did go out to them, that my insurance has been paid. It never was! Since that date in June, I’ve not received any correspondence from Geico or Arrowhead as to there being any problems with my insurance, so I continued to pay Nationstar for the insurance. Yesterday, I received a letter from Arrowhead dated 9/20/15 and it says, “The policy is in inactive cancelled pending status of non-payment.” I then called Arrowhead and they told me they never sent the letter and they don’t understand because my insurance had been cancelled in June for lack of payment and they never received any money from Nationstar. I then called Nationstar and they said, “Gee, there must be a glitch in the program.” And they asked me to hold while they called Geico and they would next-day-air a check to Geico. Geico replied to them that the policy was cancelled in June and they will no longer accept any payments. Nationstar then told me I had to purchase insurance through them and they will use the money that they were supposed to have forwarded to Geico to cover the time that I wasn’t insured to cover themselves, which of course could not be because if I had no policy, I would not have been covered for any loss. I then called Geico and Geico told me they can rewrite me on assigned risk and it would then cost me $3200 with a $3000 deductible with no windstorm coverage and must be paid in full ahead of time before they will take a chance and insure me again.

I spoke with trevais w. in the escrow dept at Nationstar today 09/29/2015 and he said that the bank will not adjust my monthly payment amount to no longer collect escrow for insurance and the bank will keep the escrow that they collected from the old mortgage company (ocwen) and myself but never paid to the insurance company and I have forfeited it because it is a fannie may mortgage. they are still going to collect the insurance escrow whether i buy outside of them and will then keep the money if i don't assign them rights to pay for the insurance which would already have been paid in full. I can not get a policy from anyone. I have tried 27 insurance companies and can not get coverage seeing that i was cancelled for non payment. I am now considered in assigned risk and have no insurance. Geico will not budge after speaking with Nationstar and myself and will not make any exception after understanding that this was not my fault. How does Nationstar get to keep my insurance money and still have the right to charge me more for insurance that they will never pay. There is something wrong with this system to allow them to remain doing what they are doing and putting people in this kind of position. We are expecting a hurricane this Sunday and since I have no insurance please wish me luck. I pray that the government steps in to help us all with these crooks.

• La
    Lana of PA Feb 23, 2016

In 2012 Bank of America sold my mortgage to Nationstar (not even a mortgage company but a 3rd party collection agency). It has been a NIGHTMARE FROM HELL ever since. January 2015 I contacted Nationstar because I was 2 months behind and wanted to know if they had any programs to help me get back on track due to me switching jobs and being with out pay for 1 1/2 months. The Sr. Manager in the Bankruptcy dept. told me I could get enrolled in the "CAP" program which would take my late payments and add them to the end of my mortgage to bring me current but that I needed to stop making payments because in order to be enrolled into this so called "CAP" programI needed to be 4 months behind. So I thought okay it can't hurt because it would only be 4 months worth of payments. Well, here is where my real HELL began. I called Nationstar in February which put me at 4 months behind. The Rep I spoke to told me he had enrolled me into the program, well he submitted my application to be enrolled into the so called famous "CAP" program and I should hear something within 30-60 days. I called Nationstar 1 1/2 months later and was told my application was still with the underwriter to call back at the end of 60 days. I called after the 60 days and was told that the Rep I was on phone with had no clue what I was talking about because there is no such thing as a CAP program but a modification. I said no the Sr. Manager told me I was applying to be enrolled into the CAP program. Well much to what was no surprise I find out that not only is there no such thing as a CAP program with Nationstar but that my house was now in Foreclosure status because I was 6 months behind and would need to pay over $6, 000.00 to bring it current. I ask what can be done now to stop the foreclosure and the Nationstar Rep says they can do an inhouse modification and told me to get on Nationstar website and what documents to print out and fill out and upload in order to start the modification. I did all of the above and then contacted Nationstar to make sure they had all required documents. The Rep I spoke to stated she sees that all documents needed are uploaded and she will send over to have an underwriter review them and it will take 30 days to get any kind of notice about the modification. Well, guess what, I called a few weeks later to find out that my house was once again in foreclosure status because they claim they did not have all the required documents needed to do the modification and at no point ever since 2012 have I ever received anything in writing from Nationstar. So, I at this point had enough of Nationstar and contacted an attorney (that I could not afford) and he contacted Nationstar and then and only then did Nationstar process the modification application but not without many lost and refaxed documents (again Nationstar not capable of doing their jobs) giving Nationstar permission to speak to my attorney. I make my 3 trial payments which were above and beyond what my payment was before the modification but figured its a modification and will put my payments where I can afford it. Guess again, my fixed interest rate went from 2% to now a 4% interest rate and my mortgage payment went up $165.00. My attorney tried to argue it with Nationstar but they would not fix it to an affordable amount. I was forced to take the modification because if I didn't I would have to come up with over $10, 000.00 from the missed payments, attorney fees and other erroneous fees Nationstar applied. I am now once again behind in my payments because I can not afford it and the only answer Nationstar has for me to fix my issue is to sale my home which has a mortgage price which is $15, 000.00 more then what my original mortgage was for. If anyone knows where I can join the class action lawsuit against Nationstar please let me know. I don't want to lose my home that my children grew up in.

The Carrs Mar 15, 2016

I have to say that I feel much better knowing that I am not the only one being screwed over by NationStar. I'll make my complaint quick. NationStar bought out my mortgage from NationWide Mortgage in Aug 2012. I was up to date on all of my payments when it was transferred over. I got my first notice that no payment was received in Oct. It said that they had never received any payment for the existing mortgage, when in fact I had electronically transferred the funds to them on the date requested by them. They did this until the end of the year, even though I made every payment, and then filed for foreclosure. I hired an attorney and tried to sue them. Being from Florida, there are a lot of foreclosures here, so after 3 years of fighting with NationStar's lawyer (who was absolutely crazy) my lawyer told us that there was nothing he could do because if it ended up in court the judge would probably go with the bank because they just don't have time to listen and read every complaint so they always assume the homeowner is in the wrong. So we gave up, we tried to refinance and do a Hemp loan but to no avail. We even filed for Bankruptcy (after our lawyer told us that it may give us a chance), but NationStar doesn't care. Our mortgage went from $520, 000 to now it is over a $1000000. We really don't want to lose our house over something that is not our fault so I was hoping to find a class action lawsuit to join. If anyone has any other ideas for us, please contact us asap. My email is [email protected] T
    Thanks for listening!!!

• Dm
    DMR79 Apr 22, 2016

I've had issues with Nationstar Mortgage since day 1. It's a never ending stress. I finally just stopped calling them and answering their calls. Here are some links to a few class action lawsuits against them.
    I understand the pain and sorrow. There is still hope to shutting these people down. Hope this helps.

TheUnitedStatesofTamala May 02, 2016

The original lender of my mortgage was Norwest and the closing date was 4/08/1994. Norwest sold my mortgage to GE Capital Mortgage Services, Inc on 4/12/1994. Both of these assignments were properly recorded in the county records of Escambia County Florida. GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. either sold or transferred my mortgage to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Wells Fargo was taking my mortgage payments from around 2003-2005. On November 16 2004 an assignment of mortgage was allegedly executed by GE Mortgage Services LLC F/K/A/ GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. where GE Mortgage Services LLC, F/K/A/ GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. is the assignor and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc is the assignee. The assignment was prepared by Security Connections. This document was NEVER recorded in the county records of Escambia County Florida until 10/18/2005.The assignment of mortgage was not recorded by GE Mortgage Services LLC F/K/A/ GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. It was recorded by Aurora Loan Services and it is shown at the top left hand corner of the document when recorded return to : Assignment Prep Department Aurora Loan Services Inc 601 5th Avenue PO BOX 1706 Scottsbluff, NE 69363-1706. Aurora Loan Services acquisition date of the mortgage was 2/01/2005. An employee of MERSCORP HOLDINGS has stated to me that my mortgage was not put into the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc until 2/25/2005. Why would the owner of the mortgage GE Mortgage Services LLC F/K/A/ GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. assign my mortgage to Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc when Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc. does not purchase mortgages? The assignment of mortgage from GE Mortgage Services LLC F/K/A/ GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and to Aurora Loan Services was never recorded Escambia County Florida records. On March 1 2007 the servicing of the loan was transferred from Aurora Loan Services to Countrywide Home Loans.Somewhere between 2008-2009 the servicing of the mortgage was transferred to BAC Home Loan Servicing.Then on July 10 2010 Aurora Loan Services mysteriously decided to buy the servicing rights back and became the servicer of the loan once again.The lender was Aurora Bank FSB. Aurora Bank FSB is who the mortgage interest was being paid to and it is shown as such on the 1098 IRS Mortgage Interest statement.Lehman filed bankruptcy in 2008 and then changed their name to Aurora Bank FSB. Aurora Bank FSB went out of business and sold the mortgage servicing rights of all mortgages it was servicing to Nationstar Mortgage LLC. The Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc. investor look up tool on the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc. web site states the servicer of the loan is currently Nationstar Mortgage LLC. The investor is shown as Lehman/FNMA non-laser. The MIN # is 100025400003. The first 7 digits of the min # is the company ID # and that company is Auora Loan Services, not Nationstar Mortgage LLC. We have reason to believe that there is no true lender and the alleged mortgage debt was in fact charged off as a bad debt. I have requested Nationstar Mortgage provide information regarding a true sale assignments trustee name PSA MERS Milestone report and other information. Nationstar Mortgage LLC has produced SEVERAL copies of the promissory note. The trust is the only rightful entity that has the authority to foreclose. An endorsement on the promissory note was endorsed as pay to the order of blank. The person who endorsed the document is Tricia Platte. Tricia Platte was a notary from Hennepin Co MN. Tricia Platte is the notary on the assignment of mortgage from Norwest to GE Capital Mortgage Services Inc. On the promissory note Tricia Platte signed the endorsement as an attorney in fact. Tricia Platte has never been employed by GE Mortgage

• Fr
    Frieda Riddle Aug 15, 2017

I HAVE BEEN SENDING IN EXTRA MONEY FOR OVER A YEAR TRYING TO CATCH UP A PAYMENT SENCE MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY..WHEN I CALLED NATION STAR AND TOLD THEM AND GAVE THEM THE INFROMATION TO DEDUCT MY MONTHLY PAYMENT PLUS THE MONEY TO BRING MY ACCOUNT CURRENT THEY KEEP TELLING ME MY ACCOUNT IS CURRENT BUT THE MONEY FOR THESE PAYMENTS IS STILL IN THE BANK. AND THEY WILL NOT DEDUCT THIS MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT. I THINK THEY ARE WAITING UNTIL 2 OR 3 PAYMENTS ARE BEHIND AND TRY TO FORCLOSE I LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA.AUGUST 15TH 2017

• Ca
    Catpamb Apr 05, 2018

We are interested in joining a lawsuit Nationstar lied to us contiually, added 60, 000. In fees with no explanation, foreclosed and sold our home for 58, 000. All the while not working with us at all.

Marvin1982 Apr 09, 2018

@Catpamb I have the same issue. If you find anything could you please shre it. Thank you
    My email.
    Marvin

Cheryl Bowles Aug 15, 2018

@Catpamb https://www.kellerrohrback.com/contact/. They just filed a new class action suite. I dont know if they'll take us on. but I've written my story to them. Nationstar gave us the disaster deferment in the wake of hurricane Irma. They want us to qualify for a Loan Modification now, we have been fighting with this since January. In the mean time, they talk down to us, calling us three months late. AND... as we are trying to sell our house now, to escape them, they sent our payoff in July showing $39500. but in August, it shows $39750. So I pulled up the July statement on their website..Im glad I down loaded the one they issued, because NOW, the July pay off shows to be over $40k.

• So
    Sonia Mendoza Jun 27, 2019

@Catpamb Same situation I have a lawyer you can reach me at [email protected]

• Mi
    Michelle Cromeans Oct 05, 2019

@Sonia Mendoza Hi. Can you please provide me with the lawyers information? I have a c, owe friend who lost their home after 12 years and being late for 30 days. This happened in 2018in Burnet, Texas.

Michelle R. Cromeans

• De
    Deb*22 May 21, 2018

Mr. Cooper /Nation star Mortgage; Have lost 2 partial payments, Ruined our Credit from Excellent to Poor in 3 months.
    I contacted Mr.Cooper many times each person I spoke with has a different excuse/ reason and shall we say out right lie!
    I called Maura Healey office to file a complaint, We never miss a payment we've never been more than 15 days late on any payment. Citi Mortgage sold us to this predatory debt collector.We can't refinance with another bank. I spoke with Mr.Cooper they state we have no late payments of 30 days or more. What do I do now?

• Ju
    justalonewolf Jun 12, 2018

I bought a Townhouse in South Carolina in 10/2010, it was financed thru Bank of America, fixed rate ins and escrow all included, after a few years BofA sold it to Nationstar, nothing changed and all was fine until spring of 2016, I was late a couple times, paid any and all late fees so whatever, eh, it happens, BUT then my mortgage payment went from 540 up to over 800.00! no explanations, no nothing, I ended up selling it I had rented it out and moved to Florida anyway but still, they suck and should be fined and shut down immediately.

Kerie C Jun 18, 2018

Would like to join the class action lawsuit. Nationstar/Mr. Cooper stop crediting our partial payments claim that we were 1 month behind. Stop accepting payment and place us in foreclosure. Told us we need to modify but every week tell us something new is miss from the form... Our payments increase and we were not even informed.

Mamie L. Jul 21, 2018

I am experiencing the same thing. They sent my mortgage payment back that I paid Mr. Cooper through my bank. I sent them a payment and called to let them know. I was suppose to be set up with a specialist, no one would transfer me to her. Instead the 2 individuals I spoke with would ask me to repeat why I was calling. After reading what you as well as others have gone through I know I am dealing with an unscrupulous company and will have to fight to prevent my house from going into foreclosure. Thank you ALL for sharing!

eddie huffman Jul 23, 2018

Nationstar made me go in default, I tried to work with them but they never could give me any help I only owed 80, 000. My house was worth 165, 000 they would not do a loan modifcation to help me.They made my payments go from 852.00 a month to 1240.00 a month. If I was having trouble paying 852.00 why would you charge me 1240.00 a month to help me. They would charge me late fees, phone call fees which were only recordings. I would call them back all I would get was recording never a person no one would return calls two inspection fees a month for two years and counting my house foreclosed I owe about $130, 000 to date. My house gets auctioned off July 21.2018 .The worsts part was having to get rid of my family dogs which I had for years. They stole my house. The loan server only makes his money when your in a default state, late or in foreclosure that is why they keep you that way . I would send in three payments they would only apply one take fees out of other two and say I was behind still, once I called to get current they said send in 4000 . I did by date they asked but they said they did not get it only to send Check back to say it was wrong amount. I want to sue them for all the grief they have caused me from day one for five years. I have documents. I can show proof I need someone who can help me file a law suit my email [email protected]

Chiefs5824 Jul 26, 2018

@eddie huffman "The loan server only makes his money when your in a default state, late or in foreclosure that is why they keep you that way ."

LOL - That is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. Do you know how much money it costs us to foreclose on a house? We have a whole department called "home preservation, " which in English, means, saving of one's house to avoid foreclosure because guess what, it costs us thousands of dollars to foreclose on a property. We would MUCH rather keep you in the property. Foreclosure is bad for every person involved. Bad for the customer who lost their house, bad for the investor (Fannie Mae, Ginne Mae, Freddie Mac, NOT the bank who is just the servicer, ) and then also Wells Fargo, because we have to pay attorney fees, inspection fees, tax sale fees, and then just eat the money lent out and the profit we would have made from the previously mentioned investors. We LOSE money when you go into foreclosure. a LOT of money. So I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and can't afford the house you purchased, but that's not a reason to flat out lie without having ANY mortgage knowledge whatsoever, and try and ruin a companies reputation, who has helped millions of families keep their homes, helped you GET this home, and spends hundreds of thousands of hours volunteering in the communities in which we are located. Please don't bad mouth the company that puts food on my baby girl's high chair and clothes on her back.

Chiefs5824 Jul 26, 2018

@Chiefs5824 Also, I am with Wells Fargo, not Nationstar, or whatever company you're speaking on.

[email protected] Aug 19, 2018

@Chiefs5824 You cant ruin something that is already ROTTEN!

[email protected] Aug 19, 2018

@[email protected] Do the math I owed 80, 000 I had over 80, 000 equity, you cant take what is behind and work out two past due payments to help someone to avoid going in foreclosure. I did their payment plan 852.00 was my payment but they changed it to 1240 a month to help me for six months which I paid only to get next statement saying I was still a month behind. How is that trying to stop you from losing your house. I can show you statements and letters .I have moved I pay $1, 300 a month on time with no problem been doing that for two months now . What happened to the good old days when you could go to your mortgage company local and solve a problem. I rather rent the rest of my years and to borrow from the crooks who run these loan server companies

[email protected] Dec 04, 2018

@Chiefs5824 Wells fargo computer glitch blamed as hundreds lose their home to forclosure cbs news 12-4-2018. all you loan companies are crooks

[email protected] Dec 04, 2018

@Chiefs5824 Wells fargo computer glitch blamed as hundreds lose their homes to forcllosure cbs news 12-4-2018

Cheryl Bowles Aug 15, 2018

https://www.kellerrohrback.com/contact/ They just filed a new class action suite. I dont know if they'll take us on. but I've written my story to them. Nationstar gave us the disaster deferment in the wake of hurricane Irma. They want us to qualify for a Loan Modification now, we have been fighting with this since January. In the mean time, they talk down to us, calling us three months late. AND... as we are trying to sell our house now, to escape them, they sent our payoff in July showing $39500. but in August, it shows $39750. So I pulled up the July statement on their website..Im glad I down loaded the one they issued, because NOW, the July pay off shows to be over $40k.
    Heres the link to the filing:

I sure hope this company is soon out of business.

• Lu
    Lucy Marple Anderson Dec 31, 2018

We were in the middle of a loan modification request when Bank of America passed the mortgage over to Nationstar. They "lost" our modification request. It took them six months and me faxing 200 pages at a time to them before they responded at all. We started with being 1 month behind due to illness. I sent in half the payment for that month and explained I'd catch up. They refused the payment and decided we were two months behind. When they did the "modification" they wanted $2400 a month - how is that a good modification from a $2100 mortgage? If I can't pay $2100, how am I supposed to pay $2400?

It caused so much emotional and mental trauma solely because Nationstar WOULD NOT WORK WITH US. We just walked away. I lost my house and I'll probably never have another one because of Nationstar. It doesn't take too much brain to figure out that your mortgagee is trying to pay you and if you were an honest person, you would work with them to get over a rough spot. But nooooo... They prefer to foreclose. I hate them. They have ruined my life, my credit, my mental and emotional health. They are the worst people on the earth. I hope that all the people they have ruined come back to haunt them, day and night.

Kent Mann Mar 28, 2019

Nationstar Mortgage is horrible. We had Bank of America from Oct. 2011 until Sept. 2012 and was told that we had been sold to Nationstar Mortgage. We still don't know if we had gotten credit for any of the payments that we made through Bank of America. It took them months to find our loan in their system and until then they could not tell us anything. Everything went good until March 2014 when my husband lost his job at Fruit of the Loom and we had to let them know and asked for help getting our payments lowered. We were told that they could not help us until we were 3 months behind. Yet they called constantly every hour that they could when we were late. Once we did everything for the modification, the information that they sent back to us was more than we were paying before. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you can't make the payment you have you sure can't make a higher payment. In June 2014 my husband did find a job, it was making 20K less a year and he even had to drive 130 miles round trip a day. I am disabled and on disability which is not enough to survive on. We were caring for our daughter who was also disabled and we began to seek help to find a way to keep our home. We found a company online called The Westwood Legal in California and paid them $4, 000 to help save our home. We started working with them in Nov. 2016. In May 2017, we were told that they had a company West Holdings and Acquisitions that was taking over our loan and that our new payment would be $982.72 month. At the time we did not know that this was Patrick Soria and that he was a scammer. We paid the $982.72 a month from June 2017 -January 2018. We even made 2 payments to them on January 10, 2018 the date our home was to be sold at the court house steps with them telling us that they were going to get it stopped. When a guy named Fikret Avdic came to our home on January 11, 2018 and said he bought our home and we needed to leave. We refused and let it play out in court. We contacted Nationstar and told them everything to no avail. They connected us with Ong Lee who we thought would help us regarding the fraud, but she connected us with HH Law and Jered Ede who was only after information for the lawsuit that he filed in California against West Holdings and Acquisitions and Patrick Soria. They did nothing to help us at all but ruled for Mr. Fikret Avdic who is a foreigner who paid $90k more than what was owing on the home. Don't you see what happened and we even tried to file bankruptcy to save our home and the judge would not allow it, our lawyer for that was Nick Thompson in Louisville and he charged $1500 to file the papers. We also hired Phil Kimble to represent us in the courts here in Warren County, KY and paid him over $4, 000 to save our home and nothing helped. They all were in this together. We were homeless for 3 weeks before we found somewhere to live. In my opinion, Nationstar did us wrong and should have to reimburse us the entire cost of our mortgage, damages, storage fees, rent, all monies we paid to save our home to attorneys, all the money we paid to the scammer thinking we were paying a Mortgage. We are US citizens and we deserve to have the American dream of home ownership. We don't need our homes stolen to give to foreigners from other countries.
    I did the paperwork for the class action lawsuit last night and I sure home we can help get something out of them. It would be nice to get our home back.
    By the way, I almost forgot, Mr. Avdic, took over 100 days to settle up with the Master Commissioner, and on their website it says that everything needs to close within 30 days. If that had been us I am sure we would have been told we had to forego our deposit and that the sale was null and void but because he was a foreigner the Judges, lawyers and Master Commissioner ate right out of his hands because they didn't want a discrimination lawsuit against them because he was a foreigner. On April 8, 2019 will be 1 year since we were made to get out of our home, we want it back! HELP US! I THINK IT SHOULD BE GIVEN BACK FREE AND CLEAR FOR ALL WE HAVE GONE THROUGH.

FEEL FREE TO CALL US FOR MORE INFORMATION. BY THE WAY WE DID NOTIFY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF KY AND THE FBI REGARDING THE SCAM AND WE NEVER HEARD ONE WORD FROM IT. WE TRIED TO GET THE NEWS MEDIA INVOLVED AND NO ONE WOULD HELP US.

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US

CHERYL AND KENT MANN
    EMAIL: [email protected]

Kent Mann Mar 28, 2019

@Kent Mann I forgot to give our former address: 355 Hunters Crossing Way, Bowling Green, KY 42104

• Ai
    airam1233467 Jun 06, 2019

I am very interested in being part of a suit against Nationstar -- [email protected]

Please contact me if available.

maria

• He
    Henry R Noel Jul 01, 2019

I am also interested in the law suit against Nationstar. I was refused the modification and the short sale, they sold my house in 2014.Thanks.

My email: [email protected]
    Cell 718-593-9057

• Fs
    fs953b Jul 27, 2019

Bank of America, Shellpoint Mtg. Seterus, Nationstar (changed to Mr. Cooper) and many others like Chase and Wells Fargo (with the help of Wall Street ) pulled off the biggest Ponzi Scam in American history and our very own government in the likes of FHFA and GSE are all involved right up to their eyeballs.

Government Services Enterprises took over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac back in 2008 and there is money money everywhere but back to all of us American People and Veterans who got the total shaft, along with our wonderful country. Trillions of dollars wasted here folks with all the scamming, buyouts, lawsuits like the National Mortgage Settlement and the nearly $17 BILLION lawsuit won by the USDOJ involvding the phony bailouts where banks mostly took the money and ran. There are thousands of lawsuits across the country and people like Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo and many other stop at nothing to cover up and bury.
    Check out the Morrow Case in the great state of Montana and read it, the National Mortgage Settlement, that case asgaint nasty, crooked old Bank of America by our own USDOJ, and one in Colorado regarding all the outright racketeering on behalf of Urban Settlement Serivces, In. created by Bank of America as I understand it (GEORGE ET AL V, URBAN SETTLEMENT SERVICES, INC. AND BANK OF AMERICA). They did this to me on five (5) loans I had that were allegely originated by Countrywide Home Loans betwee the years 2002 to 2009.
    Also check out MERS that people like Bank of America allegedly created to avoid millions of dollars in recording fees across the country. Most states have finally busted this grand scam using MERS as a phony beneficary/nominee!! Do your investigative reporting and find out what happend to one of the biggest lawfirms in Florida that allegely had a huge "paper mill" to creat phony, forged, fabricated, and "robosigned" documents that people like the above have used and continue to use. Word has it that David Stern is living on an island somewhere after being paid off!!
    Semper Fi people.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices