Midland Mortgage Logo

Midland Mortgage

Having problems with Midland Mortgage?

+1 800 654 4566 (Customer Service)
+1 405 426 1299 (Customer Service)
+1 866 439 2712 (Insurance)
+1 800 552 3000 (Loan Counseling)
P.O. Box 26648
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
United States - 73126-0648
Payment Address
Attn: Payment Processing, P. O. Box 268888, Oklahoma City, OK 73126-8888

Payments Sent by FedEx, UPS or DHL
Attn: Payment Processing, 999 NW Grand Blvd, Suite 100, Oklahoma City, OK 73118-6077

Insurance
Attn: Insurance Service Center, P.O. Box 163529, Fort Worth, TX 76161-3529

Authorization Requests (Form)
Attn: Customer Support Services, P.O. Box 26648, Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0648

Loss Draft Department
Attn: Loss Draft Department, P.O. Box 268912, Oklahoma City, OK 73126-8912

Complaints & Reviews

failure to apply escrow payments, unauthorized use of mortgage escrows, failure to disclose modification policy before use

I have retained council, this mortgage company is unscrupulous, my mortgage was sold to them during the...

short sale

We have been cooperating with Midland in an attempt to get a short sale this has been going on for greater...

Loss draft department

I am also in the same boat. I sent my documents, check (which is a little over $4, 000.00) from my insurance company. I had a leak in my roof which was causing damage to my ceilings. I had a new roof put on by my contractor which was a little over $5, 000.00. I paid the contractor $1, 000 and sent the cancelled check to Midland Mortgage. After waiting a week I called them and they said I needed to send a supply list. Ok...so I did just that. Now I'm still waiting and the contractor who replaced my roof is pissed. I let him have a 3 way call with me to show him it's not me it's the BANK! Every time I call them it's you need this...you need that...then after getting it all its "this may take 10 to 20 business days"! I'm a wits end. SOMEBODY HELP ME!

taking money and not using towards principal

was in a forbearance plan for 3 yrs, paid out 45, 000 dollars, and my payments never did go down to where they had bee, still paying 1006.47 per month and I am still owing in late fees escrow, processing fees and attorneys fees.!!! all of these were suppose to be included in forebearence plan. they are modern day cooks and they are getting away with it!!

Not honoring house note agreement

I am seeking help against Midland Mortgage for
overcharging/gouging/not keeping in good faith of original contract and agreed
upon house note payment/outlandish unrelated billing charges. This company is
charging my husband and me, which are veterans, over $200.00 more than our
original contracted house note amount for outlandish services. At one point we
were charged nearly $400 for the company hiring a real estate broker to come
out and verify we were living in the home. This is not right, and we need some
assistance in restoring the honor of our original contract, and financial reimbursement
for the overcharges this company has took liberty of bringing against us for no
reason.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Ro
    Robingd Mar 21, 2019

I have retained counsel, Merritt Webb, Durham NC, Law firm,

Systematically Misinforms Loan Modification Applicants

I dedicated four months to working with Midland Mortgage, rearranging and resorting the same paper work over and over again, during the loan modification application process. After versions six, I came to believe that in fact, there was a pretty well-thought out strategy which prevented me from actually accomplishing my goal. Some of these tactics included:
• Consistently changing customer service representatives
• Notes and instruction from previous conversations were not in the system.
• The rules changed with every conversation
• Demanding small picky formatting issues that were not communicated previously.
• Withholding proper advisement and not providing clear written guidelines to refer to or refer back to.
• Only form letters were sent as follow ups. There was no paper trail regarding the shifting landscape or constantly changing "representatives" who had no real identity to trace as a continuing service provider.
• Discouraging me from seeking outside counsel or professional assistance. A comment echoed throughout the process by EVERY ONE of Midland representatives, "You could pay an accountant to do it but, it's EASY." Obliviously not...
• Refusal to accept date-stamped, time-sensitive profit and loss statements which resulted in...you guessed it ..starting all over again and adding new months on to the P+L. (To quote, "We don't check the fax machine every day.")
• I reconfigure and resubmit work more than 8 times from May –September 2012.

Ultimately, I gave up. Since I heard the same tactics delivered by countless Midland Mortgage specialists (i.e. "we need more information and an additional month's worth of receipts", "we didn't receive the fax in time", "you don't need an accountant", "that representative is not available but I can help you" (no name or email given for follow up), I am left to assume that Midland Mortgage intended to stall, confuse and discourage me from filing an accepted application because they prefer to continue receiving more rather than less from me and really care nothing at all about servicing me as a customer.

I'll never know, I'm sure.

What I do know however, is that I have constantly requested that all communication about this loan be delivered via postage, since the continuous calls have negatively impacted my ability to conduct business in my home office. This message has been ignored.

• Ti
    Timothy M. Stull Sep 03, 2013

Unfortunately, these devious collection are used when home owners represent themselves. They know the playing field is uneven and will abuse you to the bitter end. We have had great success v. Midland Mortgage on many cases. We had to file aggressive Federal and State agency complaints on all cases...forcing Midland to prove up the validity of the debt. We concentrate on stripping down the validity of the debt and make it impossible for Midland Mortgage to collect further monies on the debt. This ultimately forces Midland to cooperate and offer a loan modification. Take notice on the fact that Midland does not want you to hire an outside firm...they will steer you clear of aggressive representation for a reason...they know they will eventually lose the battle. Feel free to call my office at 877.297.7011 for more information.

makes loan modification impossible

• Consistently changing customer service representatives
• Notes and instruction from previous conversations were not in the system.
• The rules changed with every conversation
• I reconfigure and resubmit work more than 8 times from May –September 2012.

Ultimately, I gave up. Some might assume that this was the Midland Mortgage intention all along. I admit. I too at times wonder.

• Rv
    R V Gallant Jr Dec 23, 2009

Here is the President's home address and phone number:

2001 Kiawah Cir
    Edmond, OK 73025-2540

(405) 844-0456

Tell him what you really think of Midland Mortgage!

• Ro
    Robingd Mar 21, 2019

@R V Gallant Jr What's his name

• Po
    pope the bishop Jun 24, 2014

I have been with midland mortgage for 8yrs. And they are the most corrupt mortgage I have ever hear of or dealt with. They refused to give me a loan modification, but they did ok a Forbearance repayment plan for 3yrs and I spend 3 months dealing with them and still getting behind on payments when they knew all along they were not going to permit a loan modification. I ended up paying out 44, 000 dollars over a 3 yrs period, when I was actually only 6 months in the rears. After the repayment plan was satisfied I was told that I was still owed 5000, for late payments attorneys fees, and escrow.Tthey just simply took 44, 000 dollars from me and made false documents to show that I still owed money to them, I need a class action suit started against them or if there is one already out there, I need that information. My name is David and I reside in Salina Kansas I can be reached at [email protected] lets get the Crooks back to being honest.

• Br
    Brydi Bridgett Oct 26, 2015

I strongly agree, I filed a hardship and asked for a modification back in April 2015 was approved on a trial basis, made my payments on time in full every month. In July 2015 I received a check for the amount that I had sent them in full for April, May, June and July with no letter explaining why they were sending back my payment on the check stub it stated "We can no longer work with you" . So I Called know one could give me a answer or explain why. However I did speak to a customer service rep. named James who was extremely helpful and kind. He told they have two programs which will be starting in October 2015 and one of them I would qualify for it's called the forgiveness program. He told me to refile. I did, after 3 months of getting the run around because they didn't receive all the requested documents no matter how I sent them, even when I emailed them to midfirst as well as my husband he received all the document but midfirst didn't. On October 6th I received a phone call from my mortgage rep. stating was approved she explained what to expect, what my payment would be and when my first one was due. I would receive the paper work by Fedex etc. a week later I received a letter stating they could not approve me at this time and my home is in foreclosure. I called to speak to my rep. and no one ever heard of her. No one works their with that name and their is no record of everything we had spoken about. I must have just dreamt it. Midfirst is unprofessional, they play games, they are rude, they belittle you, they lie, scam, and rip people off. No compassion but they can have a hardship and the government jumps to bail them out!!! Don't play with people's lives.

• Do
    dorothy7333 Aug 07, 2017

Understanding the game is the first part of getting a modification. You will not get a modification by contacting Midland. They are a for profit collection agency and they do not hold the loan you have. Most likely the loan is a bundle loan owned by more than one company. If so you need to find out which company has the largest holding and contact them through their ceo or president. They don't like to be contacted so hit them like that. Contact their wife's or anyone in the family to appeal to their sense of right: you just might find one get their names and contact from the internet. . Also contact your local TV station most TV stations have a department that helps consumers. Also contact your state attorney general to file a complain they might step in if they find that the company is not playing fair. Most of all document your calls and if they are recording your call you can also let them know you are on a line that records calls. It is a two way street, you record me, gives me the right to also record you but you must state it. Then try to start a petition go on facebook, twitter or any social media and see if you can get some help from the public. People want to help so let them know how. Have your petition well stated and have what you want to happen not only for you but others and most of all don't give up. They win, they get their fees and the property back if you give up. Chapter 13 is also an option to help restructure your loan.

Failure to release insurance funds for repair

Short Sale Procedure

The Mortgage Company completed 2 - 3 re-modifications that had been just plain senseless. Collected Monies to...

Escrow Release Issues

Home damaged during hurricane Irene back in August - Midland has taken over three weeks to release funds that my insurance company paid months ago to repair my home. Total scam to keep my money in escrow and keep collecting that interest. Was told it would take a couple of days for an inspector to visit the home and document progress, then 5-7 days to release funds. Took inspector over a week and a half to get done and now three weeks later still waiting on check and all work on my home has stopped since contractor is out of money. Called Midland repeatedly to find out status and was told just this week that since check was over $50, 000 that it would take additional time since Vice President had to sign the check. Such bull and there sits my house not getting repaired and me in a rental for longer waiting on Midland to "process" the darn check.

Anything being done excepting complaining

I see all these complaints about Midland Mortgage but is anything being done to have them stop their illegal practices?

• Al
    alabama lady Mar 05, 2012

I have not only read these boards, but i have filed a compliant with HUD., FHA and also with the BBB. the consumer protection agency is investigating them . I advise anyone who has had problems with them to go to hud website and register a complaint - it only takes a few minutes

• Pi
    pissed off familey member May 26, 2012

these people are rotten as hell.. they are trying to take my sisters house. which was my parent's. shes a cancer survivor. and my nephew is a heart patient. my sister works 2.Job's trying to keep the house payment up. the thing that pieces me off. why do you people want to try and take some ones home when its almost paid off. when she only owes maybe only 40, 000 on it left. you people are a piece of ###. aren't you to be working with people to keep there homes?all you big shots need to make minimum wage and pay your bills. see how its like and on top of that have health problems. and lets take your dam houses. just what the hell your guys problem. iv seen you got trouble with BBB office and that ain't all.why don't you leave people alone who don't owe much and whom are trying. you and your BS attorneys ought to help people and pay some of there mortgage's. since you want to take from hard working citizens or when you get a law suit for if any thing happens to my nephew because of your harassment and threats. people will drop you like a bullet.. my sister and nephew do there best when she is only one whom can work. give them there home to keep . its only 40, 000. ### i think there's more people out there who owe a lot more than that.please

jason1977 Aug 08, 2012

My mom had major damage to her house due to a hail storm 5 years ago. Her insurance cannot give her or a contractor payment to fix it, they must go through midland. My mom lost her job at walmart and was late on her payment, midland wont send out insurance checks if you are late on your mortage. My moms house is rotting and midland is doing there best to make her forclose. Something needs to be done about midlands procedures. Its horrible.

• Em
    Empowerus Dec 08, 2012

You need to file a complaint with the FTC and OCC! Trust me in this because this is all I have done for 5 years is escalate to banks on behalf of others who have no idea what to do. The government doesn't just give out this information because if they did, they would have at least 10 X or more the complaints they receive. you can go to http://www2.helpwithmybank.gov file out the complaint form and send it in! If there is a sale date pending within 3 days, in most cases it would stop it, unless you have a sheriff lined state it has to be a jurisdictional court with mediation for foreclosure. If its not, and if it is like a sale within a week or two, you might get it halted but 30 days or more, is most probable. If its Midland, please complain, because they are one of the worst, and they are getting away with it. You can also send an email out, send it to Midland Department heads, their sponsors, media, and also cc FDIC, FTC, and OCC along with the Department of Treasury. Go all the way up! Now if we can only get an attorney to do a class action lawsuit!

Holding Insurance Check

• To
    TommyV23 Aug 14, 2011

This is pretty standard for a mortgage company. This is why it's best to pay off your mortgage as fast as possible, so you're not held as slave to the lender. If it wasn't for the lender, you would not be able to live there and therefore they can pick and choose how things are done. That's the way every mortgage company is. Everyone takes multiple months to clear any sort of hazard insurance disbursements, and if you don't endorse it as they tell you, it's your fault and/or the contractor's fault for not following their instruction. I'm sorry you had this experience, but it's completely common. I work in the customer service sector of a large mortgage company, and previously have worked with 2 other lenders and have done so for nearly a decade... the process you described as a complaint is pretty much standard.

Jamielynn011 Aug 14, 2011

Oh I understand the lengthy process, and their reasoning for ensuring the funds are properly dispersed- my complaint lies within their customer service and their representatives. I have been told false information several times, assured the check had been mailed only to find out it had not, was told the inspection was processed and it was the inspectors fault for the time delay, only to see the paperwork he received was faxed 9 minutes after my phone call to a supervisor (the one who assured me it had been faxed 4 days prior) and now a form requiring a signature guaranteeing the work is 100% when the requirements for a decks disbursement do not include that form, nor would I be correct saying they are completed. That form is clearly required on the3rd and final inspection to release the remainder of the money, hence the term final disbursement. Sending me notice my 2nd inspection for 50% completion is put on hold until this form is signed is the complete opposite from what their website, the packet of instructions, and 4 representatives informed me to do. They need to better their knowledge and communication, and follow their own procedures in order to keep a standard practice in fulfilling obligations such as these. It's not rocket science to educate themselves on how the system works, yet they are content giving assurance to pacify the situation and let someone else deal with it at a later time.

Jamielynn011 Aug 16, 2011

As a follow up, onces I was finally connected to a supervisor to address my concerns regarding this form, I was told they had "no idea why this form was sent" and "it is not required until the final inspection, a computer must have generated it and sent it by accident". They apologized for the inconvenience and are working to remedy my claim and remove any holds. That is completely unacceptable for a company to have mistakes like that.

WILL NOT RELEASE INSURANCE FUNDS FOR REPAIRS

I HAD A SLAB LEAK BACK IN FEB 2011, FILED A CLAIM WITH INSURANCE COMPANY WHO HAD TO MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO MIDLAND MORTGAGE, THEY HAVE NOT RELEASED FUNDS FOR REPAIRS THEY SAY DUE TO MISSING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED, I HAVE FAXED OVER EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ASKED FOR MULTI TIMES AND THEY CONTINUE TO SAY THEY DID NOT RECEIVE. LEFT NUMEROUS VOICE MESSAGES, NO RETURNED CALLS WE ARE NOW HEADING INTO MID JUNE 2011 STILL HAVE HOLES IN MY WALLS ...HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Je
    Jerry Massey Jul 01, 2011

I'm in the SAME exact boat that you are in. I had hail damage on my house. The insurance company wrot me a check, and put Midland Mortgage on there as well. This happend 2 months ago (April 27). The company sent me a packet to fill out. After jumping through alot of hoops and tape, I sent them everything they requested. NOW, they still have my check that they havent endorsed yet. Today, they told me that they are sending it back because I had to endorse it first. In the mean time, my roofer is getting VERY impatient with me, which I don''t blame him, becaue I owe him money for the roof that he replaced over a month ago. I feel that MIDLAND MORTGAGE COMPANY is giving us, THE CUSTOMER, a run around. I have never been behind on my payments and am being treated as if I'm intending on defrauding them from MY insurance check. Now I have half a completed house finished, and no money to pay for the work already done. This "POLICY" is bull ###! We need help! Our house is not in good shape, and we are poor working Americans trying to do whats right! Stop with all the bull cram Midland, this is unfair to YOUR customers!!!

Jamielynn011 Aug 14, 2011

We are in the same boat! In April of 2011 we suffered damage to our home from a natural disaster. Our insurance adjuster estimated our damage to be nearly $15, 000 and made the check out to both myself and midland mortgage. After sending in all required paperwork, it took nearly 2 months for midland mortgage to finally send the first disbursement of money payable to the contractor, who mind you had already replaced the roof. Once the contractor deposited the check, midland denied him the fund because he did not correctly endorse the check. I have spoken with several different representatives, all of whom have no idea how this company works, yet feel entitled to give false information. I requested an inspection to be completed in order to pay my contractor for the work that had been completed, and while I was assured the paperwork had been submitted, approved, and received by an inspector 4 days prior to this phone call, I was shown by the inspector himself that the fax with my information and request came in 9 minutes after that precise phone call. Once my inspection was sent in, and I followed every direction in receiving a second disbursement, I was sent a letter in the mail stating my claim could not be processed until a final disbursement form was completed. This form, not only states it is a FINAL disbursement, but also requires both mine and the contractors signature stating all repairs are 100% complete. Their guidelines specifically state we must have an inspection when repairs are 50% complete, and a second disbursement will be sent out. Nowhere does it state this form is required until our request for a THIRD and FINAL disbursement, that it then requires our signatures to state that all repairs are 100% complete. Why on earth would we sign a form stating repairs are 100% complete when they are not? However, Midland sent a letter stating this form is required with all inspections, yet it is not in any directions in the loss draft packet I received from them, nor did either of the 2 representatives, supervisor, or representative for the Vice president tell me I needed this form. So, they have not only denied my contractor his first payment, they have held his second payment until a form is completed; a form that states all of the work is done when he, I, the inspector and ALL inspection paperwork clearly states that only 85% if the work is complete. Getting a supervisor or someone with authority and knowledge to call me back or get on the phone is a nightmare. Every time I request to speak to one, I get put on hold under the impression the representative is getting someone, only to have the exact representative return to the phone to tell me information she "sees" on her computer, it recently took 3 requests for the girl to finally transfer me to her supervisor. This service is unacceptable, and by them holding our $15, 000 check in their bank they are making interest off of it each month. It has been 5 months now and not only should this be settled and paid out, any interest received off our check should be divided amongst them and me, who the check was clearly made out to by the insurance company I pay monthly in order to have homeowners insurance. With the mortgage company holding our check, all further repairs have been halted, understandably so, until our contractor receives at least the funds needed to pay his balance up to date. We are now 5 months without siding, gutters, screens, or air conditioner repair, which should have all been completed months ago.

• Sh
    shovelheadsporty Feb 15, 2013

I am a contractor that contracted to a homeowner to do repairs to her home that were covered by insurance proceeds from storm damage. Received the check from the insurance company that was made out to the homeowner as well as her mortgage company, Midland Mortgage. I sent the check in, as well as the estimate of repairs, the contract between myself and the homeowner, my tax information, and the insurance company's explanation of benefits to Midland Mortgage to be signed off on and returned for payment of repairs. Midland Mortgage did not call, communicate or send any info. I called to check the status of the check and they refused to speak to me (even after them having a copy of a signed, legal contract between the homeowner and I) I advised the homeowner and she called and advised them to add me to her accounts contact list, they refused unless she sent a notarized copy in. We finally got that done, then they sent her several sheets of paper to fill out and that I had to fill out (which was overkill due to the fact they were the same type of documents that I had already sent them) we filled those out and sent them in...still nothing. Called them back and they are requesting a copy of the insurance company's adjusters report (explanation of benefits). I advised them that I had already sent that to them, they stated it was not on proper insurance company letterhead. I advised them that the insurance company had hired an independent adjusting firm to handle the file. They said "that wasn't their problem", and they needed it on insurance company letterhead. I called the insurance company and they stated that it was ridiculous, but they would do it id they received the request from the mortgage company. I called back Midland mortgage company and they stated that "it wasnt their job to request anything from the insurance company". They have now had the check for going on 3 months drawing interest on it and refuse to release it. I am also a licensed insurance adjuster here in Texas and know that Texas Department of Insurance requires mortgage companies to sign off on and return insurance checks to the insured within 30 days or show just cause why they did not. I m going to report them to the TDI. This is outrageous! I have never dealt with such as this before. Everytime I ask to speak to a supervisor, they send me to a voice mail that never gets answered and I never get a call back.

Shady Unprofessional

Midland Mortgage is known for allowing employees to violate company policies and then cover it up to protect their employees. There is a lot of shady unprofessional discrimination going on and the Human resource department does nothing to protect the employees. If you are not an *** kisser to management then you will likely be targeted and FIRED~ There is a girl named Jamie Akers who gets high every day on SOMA and since her husband is a supervisor they do nothing. Jamie and Jimmy Akers have violated company policy on several occasions and lied to HR to get out out being disciplined. I worked there over 3 years ago and Jamie was high all the time but no one ever did anything. I saw her sell her pills to other employees. And, wouldn't you know those employees are no longer there but she is. She is a backstabber and cannot be trusted. If you know her RUN! Do not trust this girl.

Scammed me of credit for my insurance check

Had insurance claim. Insurance company Liberty Mutual acted quickly. I paid for the repairs my self because it was the roof. Sent $ 5089.00 insurance check to Midland Mortgage requested they apply it to my payments. They would not said they wanted receipts for cost of repairs. I paid for the repairs out of my pocket. I did not think i would need to keep the cash receipts as the insurance company assessed the damage correctly done to the dollar. Now i am told i have past due 2 months for Mortgage and i have to pay it... because they are not applying my insurance funds... they have them on hold for my receipts. Cmon use some common sense

Rudeness

I am senior citizen and well respected. With the economy as it is there are no jobs for older persons. I have fallan behind on my mortgage, not because I am lazy but because Midland continues to raise my payments to an unrealistic amount. I have tried more times to contact them on the phone but am hung up on by a "little whinny girl that I am sure did not want to be disturbed while playing games or talking to her boy friend". On the one occation I did get through, I was passed around to eight people that said (I can't help you so hold on). I was sent back to Miss whinny. Can't we please get some real assistance.

WORST TO WORK WITH

OUR LOAN WAS TRANSFERED TO MIDLAND ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO. THIS CO. REALLY KNOWS HOW TO MAKE OF OUR LIFE A LIVING HELL. THEY MAKE UP LIES ABOUT OUR PROPERTY NOT BEING OWNER OCCUPIED AND THEY COME UP WITH NEW REASONS EVERY TIME TO NOT QUALIFY US FOR ANY LOAN ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO WORK OUT A LOAN MODIFICATION FOR 2 YEARS NOW, BRINGING OUR HOPES UP EACH TIME AND THEN CRUSHING THEM, AND ITS NOT UNTIL RECENTLY THAT THEY SAY THE LENDER DOES NOT WANT TO WORK WITH US. THEY WAITED 2 YEARS TO TELL US THIS. I KNOW A WHOLE LOT ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TRUST ME THEY DONT EVEN TREAT YOU LIKE A CUSTOMER BUT A PIECE OF...REALLY STAY AWAY FROM THEM WHILE YOU CAN.

missing payments

miss a payment due to being out of work because of medical reasons. i have all of my reciepts for the month...

They are thieves and don't help anyone.

THis company bought our loan from the people we had them with, as soon as they bought our loan our payments went up and just like most of the other complaints here they say its because insurance and taxes went up and that is bull crap. The houses are going down in price so we wanted to apply for the Obama plan to bring down our payments, we sent the paperwork 2 times faxed and one time through the mail, these people keep saying that they have not received any thing at all. My husband called the company to find out what was going on and all the lady did was laugh like if our situation was funny. This company should not be doing business considering that they do not have respect for their customers neither do they care if we can make payments our not they just like to steal your money and then make it look like it is all your fault. Please if someone that can help is reading these emails let us know how we can get rid of these people and put them out of business. It is cause of companies like this that real hard working Americans are now homeless.

• Sc
    scclyde1 Mar 14, 2016

I applied for HARP assistance twice due to the recession because I lost my job. All the help they would offer is to raise my payments, I worked my
    ### off for years to get caught up! Then I asked about refinancing-they don`t do that in South Carolina! They bought my mortgage from Citi I think it was, I should be notified if something like that is going on shouldn`t` I? Had I known 5 years ago what kind of thieves they were I would have foreclosed, let those ### eat it!

• Ic
    ICW Jun 07, 2016

If you haven't found the HARP relief you need this may help: https://harphomeaffordablerefinanceprogram.us/HARP%20State%20Programs/Harp%20Mortgage%20South%20Carolina.htm

Scam

My daughter got a credit card 5 or 6 years ago with a 500 dollar limit on it and couldn't pay it off after a year. two weeks ago someone from this midland funding with someone they said was a court officer showed up at her house and gave her some court papers that stated that she either paid them 1265.00 NOW or they were authorized to take her jeep. this was for the balance of the card plus a bunch of fees and interest and costs. they told her if they took the jeep which was real old and couldn't sell it right away she would then be charged for storage fees. and if they couldn't sell it for enough to cover the costs that she would be charged for more money or lose more property.

she had 600 dollars on her only because she just got paid and borrowed the rest from the neighbor. and they wrote paid in full on the paper and left. that was her bill money and money to get her kids some clothes and shoes for school. I have never heard of such a thing happening. has anyone else had this happen. and is this a legitmate thing or was this a scam and a way to rip people off. And is there anything we can do about this.

• Va
    Valerie F. Thaler Sep 10, 2010

This is not legal, she should of called the POLICE right then and there! DO NOT LET ANYONE Bully to this way. Midland would have had to go to court and get a judgement against you and still they would not have been able to take your vehicle or anythingels for that matter. I hope you ask them for a copy and a reciept. This was a shake down, no one comes to your houst this way, not anyone doing it the legal way and thats the only way that matters. I have had they same kind of a card and did not pay the anitial fee and went to charge an item, but decided I did not want this card and return the item, crediting the card. The company decided still owned them for the fees, I told them try and get it. No One is going to bully me...Just call the local police and see what happens. Remember what I am saying, you have rights!

[email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices