National Car Rentalcleaning fee

W Jul 03, 2019

I'm writing regarding a recent cleaning charge that was assessed for RA [protected] on 5/29. When I returned the car I told the return agent that it was smokey and that I had to purchase Febreeze to help with the smell. I also told him it should be cleaned and not placed on the Emerald Aisle due to the smell and the higher mileage. When he asked if he could do anything to make it better, I told him the rental was corporate so it would not be giving anything back to me. I explained that I used to work for EHI so I knew how it worked and that I wouldn't be traveling back to NY anytime soon so he could just get it cleaned and prevent someone else from experiencing what I experienced. After he sat in the car and let the vent run to smell the smoke he wrote on the window of the car to have it cleaned and gave me a receipt. I asked him to kindly hand me the Febreeze out of the car and went on my way assured this was taken care of.

Needless to say, receiving a $100 cleaning fee a month later is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE and I would like this refunded immediately. I do not smoke, never have smoked and I actually purchased the Febreeze because the smell of smoke gives me migranes. This location didn't even have the courtesy to call and address this prior to charging my card. If they had, this would have been resolved and never charged to my corporate account. I need this resolved IMMEDIATELY as I have to turn my company expenses in by 7/10/19 and I will not be responsible for this cleaning fee. Please have a manager call me to let me know this has been resolved.

I have also reported this to corporate, ref # [protected].