Nando's Chickenland Logo

Nando's Chickenland

Having problems with Nando's Chickenland?

+27 860 113 332 (South AfricaNamibia)
+44 203 974 2182 (United Kingdom & Ireland)
+973 17 181 718 (Bahrain)
+880 961 240 0400 (Bangladesh)
10a Victoria Rd, Lorentzville
Johannesburg, England, Greater London
South Africa - 2094

Complaints & Reviews

horrible chicken liver

Always took my family to Nandos at least three times a month, on Thursday the 17 th February, 2011 took my...

disappointed in food quality

I just bought a burger meal from Nandos and both the roll was stale and the chicken breast was not cooked properly. I'm very concerned as a long term patron from their days in Sea Point to see quality deteriorate like this. In the last three outings to this branch Ive had problems with orders, on the first occasion I was given incorrect meal contents.

• Mi
    Michelle Jonas May 20, 2011

Disapointing service in Nando's Cape Town, ordered quater chicken special (Roll and Chips), No butter, Chicken over over over cooked. Chips, Fried in old fishoil, when chips golden outside and no potatoe inside, waited for 20 minutes for my food of which was standing on counter, Service pathetic.

• St
    steven cunningham Oct 20, 2013

Hiya i love nandos never had a problem before and i use nandos alot; but friday 18th october i went with my partner and son and was disgusted with the food and service for the first time, not happy atall this time

pathetic, to say the least

Ever since New Management at the Nandos Camps Bay Branch:

1. Bad service (orders get mixed up and lots of delays)
2. Food cold
3. No perinaze
4. Extreme Hygiene problems (bottles and tables ridiculously dirty)

And so the list can go on and on. Bottom line, wake up guys, I am aware this is South Africa and we're not at the top of the service chain, but really now, neither are we that 3rd world country everyone keeps referring to.

I would really be ashamed to be associated with the branch - this being referenced to the Nandos food chain.

avoid nandos at all costs

I placed an order at 7pm which was for delivery from the Nandos at Sloane Square. After 35min I called them again to ask how long the food will be and I was told that the delivery guy had already picked up the order and I would have to wait as there were a lot of orders to be delivered. Eventually when the food finally arrived at 8.05pm it was so cold. I ordered the peri-peri chips but the one that was delivered was plain. Even after the food had been heated in the microwave it was tasting like rubber. And when I finally dug into the chicken I found out that it was half cooked!!! Firstly, if there is a delivery service been offered surely they need to make sure that the food goes out on time. Secondly, food needs to be cooked properly. Thirdly, orders need to be taken correctly. Nandos is one of those places where the prices of the meals have increased by so much and yet people still support you.

they are not competent to serve there customers

Firstly when I called in to place an order Sarah was not friendly at all, she took the order just for the sake of it. I than went to collect my food on Tuesday and wanted to pay for my meal with a voucher, the meal was more than R50 and I offered to pay the additional monies, the lady called the manager (Tayir) who said this is not possible, we either buy a meal for R50 or less but the system will not accept the voucher and additional monies, he said if I want to I must take it up with Nandos head office as they built the system like that... all good I made the full amount and left. On Friday we went to Or tambo international airport, the Nandos accepted our voucher with a smile and accepted the additional pay. I think laudium Nandos needs to go for training again as they are not competent to serve there customers.

my hunger was not cured by nandos

For a company that prides itself on a 'hot' service, it is quite sad that they cannot deliver on their brand promise. I went to Nandos across Epsom Downs in Bryantson and ordered myself a chicken wrap meal along with my friends. I placed the order at 13:19 and went to go sit down with my friends. Both my friends' food came and mine never came even after I kept on asking the waitresses on how far my order was. At 13:45, my order still had not arrived, so I went to the manager to complain. He didn't seem phased by my experience and answered a telephone call while I was standing there. He then offered to get the food for me for take-away only to realise that my order had not even been prepared. I then asked for my money and left. My do I have to go hungry for food I had paid for. Do you know how much pain you go through when your stomach is growling while your eyes are feasting on your friends' food.

after this terrible experience at nandos we will never go back

My girlfriend and I went to buy Nandos (In the Saxby centre in Centurion) for dinner.

Here are a list of all the problems we experienced:
1) It took just over 25 minutes for our take-away order to be filled (they were supposedly waiting for wedges when I asked about it)
2) The staff at the counters kept screaming at the kitchen staff (it is VERY unprofessional and distracting)
3) When I got home I noticed my chicken was cold
4) My girlfriend's spicy rice was not spicy at all (it was basically just yellow rice without any peppers in as the picture on display would suggest)

• Mi
    Michelle Jonas May 20, 2011

i think a huge slack to Nando's on quality and service.
    Pathetic and will not recomend anybody for take out at Nando's.

stay far away from nandos

On Thursday 01 October 2009 my wife, daughter and I met a friend and her son for dinner at Nando's Rivonia, we enterred the store around 6:10pm and had left at around 7:30pm. during this time my wifes bag was stolen. The strangest thing is that the section we were sitting in was only occupied by ourselves and staff for majority of the time that we were there.

On enquiring if we could look at the CCTV footage we were told the manager at the time, namely Janet, did not have access to the system and we had to wait for Gordon (the actual store manager) to come and assist us, once Gordon was available we went and looked at the system which was not even turned on, Gordon promised that there is an off site surveilance system and that he will request the recording from them. Obviously not seeing the serverity in the matter no one bothered contacting us, until a week later that I had to call them back to find that their 'off site surveilance' system was not operational either.

All this after I had a chat to the owner, Brian, on the evening of the occurence, and he promised me their full cooperation with the investigation.

bad service to say the least

We placed an order at Nando's Melville through Mr Delivery at 11:30am and have not received our orders. I then called back at 13:00pm and was told that the driver left 10 minutes but our food is still not here.

no manners, terribly rude and she still lies to me

I called Nandos Rosebank to place a telephonic order for collection at 17h00 on 180909. The lady who took my order was quite abrupt and after I asked for an item to be changed, she responded with a dramatic 'OH MY G*D'. I was stunned at this disgusting customer service and asked her, 'excuse me?'. She responded with, 'is there anything else?' I then told her that yes there was - i would be coming there immediately to have a chat with her and her manager. I asked her what her name was and she said Nomsa.

I arrived at Nandos and asked the cashier if there was a Nomsa there. She immediately started chuckling knowingly and said that Im mistaken, theres no Nomsa who works there. It was clear that she knew exactly what the situation was, but she wasnt going to be any help. I asked for the manager and told him what had happened on the phone and that I wanted to speak to Nomsa. He said there was no Nomsa working there and he turned to the three ladies behind the counter and asked them which had spoken to me. The lady told him who she was - She had lied on the phone about her name because she knew how rude she had been. She didnt apologise, or even say a word to me after that.

nandos fan greatly disappointed

We drove past Nandos Sloane square today Sat 19 Sep and decided to grab a bite to eat, we ordered Cheese and Pine Burger Meal plus Perinase Dip for Myself, and ¼ Chicken Meal plus a Standard Gib Roll for my mate. We sat down and waited for app 30min and did not receive any comp peanuts, as we have received at other Nandos we have eaten at, I asked the waitress for two glasses with ice in them, 10min later she brought the glasses, I looked at the glasses & they where disgustingly filthy, full of old fat that I could scratch off the glasses. Then the waitress brought the cutlery and once again filthy, I took the cutlery to the manager & asked him if he expected us to eat with this, he did not at anytime apologies, he just took the cutlery & gave it to the waitress & asked her to clean it, still no apology. When our food finally arrived my mate had to send back the ¼ chicken as it wastill frozen in the centre!, while all this was happening I had to run around to get to get my perinase and serviettes for the table, they took the chicken back and returned it, my mate just left it as is was still not cooked properly. Nandos Sloane square does not do the Nandos Brand any Justice...

slow service and dry chicken

Yesterday, we decided 2 treat da family having fasted the whole day. We placed our order at 18h00, well in advance.There was only 1 cashier [a young gentleman]. We received order in good time too, there were only 2 staff members attending to handing out the orders ..on opening bag, i discoverd that order was all wrong, although my slip attached to the brown bag has my order correct, someone messed up in the kitchen !!! By now the q for placing orders has grown so long & trying 2 get the attention of the staff handing out the orders was near impossible. Cos the time is now dragging on and being anxious to feed my 7 yr old [who has been fasting all day ..!!!] as soon as its Maghrieb. Finally, i grab the attention of the female at front desk who now has decided to rather fill up rolls and greek salads, instead of helping call out orders, she then tells the male to c 2 me. After waiting another 5 mins, the male realises my order still not rite & goes 2 kitchen 2 fix it ! By da time i got back 2 my table, the rest of my order was now cold! The chicken was hard and dry ! It was such a disappointment & waste of R150.00! Cum on guys, surely u know its Ramadaan and wot its all about ?

• Ro
    Ronnie Baijan Jun 12, 2011

Nandos has lost the plot - seems like they've teamed up with mcainnes - you now get treated to Mcaines chips rather than the original - how pathethic

poor food

Dear Sir/Madam, Please could you advise of whom do I need to forward my complaints about Nando's in...

terrible service

Nandos in Phoenix Plaza is the worst ever, try ordering a home delivery for an additional R14 on top of your full pack meal after returning from a family emergency at 7.00am only to receive cold food almost and hour and a half later. Elton is the worst Manager ever, his customer skills suck and he definitely needs training because he lied and could not reach a compromise even though it was their fault. I wasted money on the food, delivery, my telephone. They wasted my time and left me starving for more that 2 hours.

service sucks!

Service suck, phone is constantly ringing, they take forever to deliver, if the food gets to you its ice...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices