MyLife.comscam internet website

A Review updated:

I signed up and requested a refund less than two minutes later after realizing this is the same company as reunion.com and a total scam.

• Be
    B. Eng May 29, 2009

This company is a total scam. The emails you receive from this company will scan your address/contacts list and send emails to them. In effect, this site uses a virus technique to proprogate the email spam. When you call them, no one anwers the phone. BBB and FBI should be aware of this company.

• Rw
    rwbonner Jun 07, 2009

Advertises free services via http://www.freewebs.com/reunionsearch/index.htm

But is in no way free!

• Sh
    Sheila Young Jun 29, 2009

I just signed up & gave my Visa card # today. I called shortly after (within minutes) & a lady said she would disable the part that keeps re-charging after the initial 3 mo. I have not yet had extra charges, but it sounds like they may come. If so, who do I contact? How would I get it to end?

I'm also concerned that friends on my email list may be contacted. Any suggestions for that?

• Mi
    mike jones12 Jul 06, 2009

yo fuxk this company then nigguah should be sho they be billing me to the max all day every day ya dig
    stay way im gon track em and get down right crazy with em ye heard

macbeth_jane Jul 11, 2009

My life.com is connected to SAVEACE. I've being recieving numerous payment on my debit card. I believe they distribute your account number to all this fraudulent company which then start making unauthorised billing.

i recieved two times billing of 4.95. i called my life and was told it was a non-refundable fee for accessing mylife.com members contacts. This was after i paid a $60 dollar one year subscription fee for that same purpose.

I was then billed 19.95 today from saveace. Which i have no clue who they are. I then found out that Saveace is connected to mylife.com. which draws a conclusion that they pose as different companies inother to suck you dry. I regretted ever clicking on that mylife.com website.
    Here is their contact number for mylife.com [protected]. BEWARE THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS.

• Ca
    CarolynsH Jul 17, 2009

I found a charge for $19.95 on my credit card today with a description of SAVEACE. I had no idea what this was. I looked through all of my receipts and found nothing that referenced this company name. I did a search online and found a link for someone who was saying they had this same charge on their bank account and wanted to know if anyone knew what it was. One of the answers pointed me to this sight where I read several other complaints about this SAVEACE and how they got the account information from MyLife.com (also known as Reunion.com). Another answer to this first one said the same thing, if you have ever been involved with MyLife.com then you will start to see unauthorized charges to your account from this SAVEACE company. I think it's appauling how they can get away with this kind of thing.

• Va
    Vartino & Ana Cremente Aug 07, 2009

Have no clue what the charge of $24.95 is in my bank statement. I registed in mylife.com, first they over charge my registration from 12.oo to 36.00 and they are now charging $24.95 for some saveace thing I have no clue of. We will file a complaint against both mylife.com and saveace. These people are scammers and should be stopped.

• Di
    Diana1 Aug 13, 2009

Complain to the FBI..they will be happy aabout things like that..lol.. This is what I did anyway, same I did to my CC institute, they have it under investigation too at their fraud dept for credit card fraud

• My
    My Life Aug 28, 2009

I did not give permission for a photo to be sent of a woman and a child to be used on my profile this has caused identity confusion and unecessary stress. I wish to be removed and i have not signed up for the service, i can only afford a free service and i did not want this picture to go out to the people or businesses i email. <br / >

• Wo
    Woodysgood Sep 02, 2009

DON"T GET SUCKED IN BY MYLIFE! THEY WILL TRY TO DRAIN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DRY!
    Mylife.com is worthless as a means of contacting old friends, and that is what they bait you with. Worse than that is the fact that they use other means of debiting your checking account as allready mentioned in the above complaints of fraud and scam.

• Rw
    RWolfe Sep 08, 2009

MyLife/Reunion.com will take your money and not refund it if you dispute charges to your bank without contacting them first (which is impossible because the numbers you find don't even go to them); I got screwed out of $60 because of this whole ridiculous process for an account I didn't even have!

I saw the charge on my credit card statement; tried to contact them - was unsuccessful so went to my bank who disputed the charges, then mysteriously it was reversed back onto my credit card, and now MyLife says "regardless of the fact that you don't have an account with us because you disputed with your bank instead of contacting us (how could I, you don't give a legitimate contact number), we cannot refund your money, period".

So evidently thievery is fine because they said so. Unreal! Not happy - don't let it happen to you!

• Vi
    viathlete Oct 03, 2009

Your an idiot! You begin as they state on an auto renewal which you can disable that same day you sign up in two different ways, one by calling or another by doing so on you profile. I love this site I was able to locate my brother whom I haven't seen or heard from in years! They promote it at $5/month but as you put in your c/c info it states you will be billed up front. It would be different if they never said anything but the point is they do! You know how stupid you sound when your angry about something that was mentioned to you! Why wouldn't you read something before purchasing makes no sense to me!

• Ge
    GetMyGold Oct 05, 2009

ok these preditor web sites asking for you email password thats totally do you hear any sirens going off you should!!! Ok public listen up!!! Listen closely you do not under any circumstances give out your password to any one even God ok... Continue living now... Best Wishes

• Bi
    billgreenaway Oct 05, 2009

mylife, saveace, grantpro, belfont cs.freedom cs and the parent company addaptive marketing shold all be held accountable, also hooked in there is unitedcash loans all are part of this big scam and the banks and other companys are becoming aware of it but still allow the withdrawls to take place.the federal goverment does not seem to be interested in these scams and its time we the people take back our goverment and hold these people that are praying on us to be held responsable
    bill greenaway

• Gy
    gypsy lady Oct 26, 2009

Thank you for all the reviews on MyLife as a people search. I was almost taken in by the scam as I have been searching for G-Children and how they know the name and age is beyond me. Thank you - thank you for all the input. Like one review, I to cannot understand why our government does not do something about all the rip-offs using computers. I see it as a crime and it is against the law of stealing people's money.

• Bl
    Blue Fairy09 Nov 25, 2009

I have never heard of them until they just emptied my account via paypal. I just filed a grievance with paypal to get the money restored, but I have absolutely no idea how they managed to both charge my paypal account and get my password. BEWARE.

• Jw
    jwarziniack Dec 07, 2009

This company appears to be well known for unapproved charges. I thought it was related to a memebership I signed up for through MyLife.com. MyLife immediately directed me to the Saving Ace number.

MYLIFE GAVE THESE PEOPLE MY CREDIT CARD INFO!

I have a credit card set up on autopay and I don't use it often or receive paper statements so I was surprised to find that for the last 4 months they had been charging me $19.95 per month for a membership I never signed up for.

I called and was surprised at how easy it was to get them to refund the full amount - they know they don't have a leg to stand on and they are depending on others like me that don't see their statements every month.

On my initial call she jumped right to cancelling my membership and tried to rush me off the phone. I asked who I needed to talk to about a refund and she instantly ordered the refund for the previous month. I told her I wanted a refund for every month and she set it up right away going back four months.

After getting off the phone, I found that there were two more months in which they had charged me.

I called back and got another supervisor who said she could refund all but the first month b/c that was initiation.

I said "You do realize I didn't sign up for this service correct?". she said hold one minute let me see what I can do, and within a matter of seconds told me she was able to override the initiation fee.

This is a game to see how little they can give you back if you don't push for more. It's ludicrous these people are getting rich off of scamming.

Do not sign up for MyLife!

• Ha
    Harry Penders Dec 13, 2009

My life Online sent me a so called Courtesy Notice telling me that my subscription ran out. I quickly emailed back "That they are not to re submit my order, and forget me, and that their product is poor." I heard back from the web master only, and they wrote "We'll see about it in 24 hours."

When I reluctantly signed up, they were beck in record time. Why doesn't Consumer fraud and the State Attorney Generals do something over a scam with thousands of complaints? I'm beginning to think that all businesses are mostly corrupt.

• Li
    linda bever Jan 10, 2010

They say it cost $5.99 Then they take $71.40 out of your account.

• Ha
    harry . t Feb 10, 2010

I signed up for 1yr. but the company has taken upon it`s self to debit my account without my approval for a 2nd.year, they have my e-mail account and could have informed me of this pending transaction, to see if in fact I still wish to subscribe with them, I do not.

• Dr
    D. Robinson Feb 14, 2010

I am from Canada and they charged alot more then what I seen the add foor

• Dr
    D. Robinson Feb 14, 2010

I am from Canada and they charged more then they addvertized it be to be

• J2
    j2rkt Mar 13, 2010

Unauthorized charge on my credit card... who the heck are these people ?

• Su
    susan rankin Mar 22, 2010

I just joined this month and found out they took $65.00 more making my membership $71.40 when I signed it said $5.95 for a year. I am changing my bank account tomorrow. F. rip offs.

• Ci
    cindybug ctb May 04, 2010

I signed up with "MyLIfe" because we are in the process of researching our genealogy. After just a few minutes on the site I figured out that this was not going to be of any use to us. I had signed up for a full year subscription, when I called them, they informed me that while they could cancel my subscription, they would not refund all of my fees. They kep $30.00 of the full fee saying that was part of their conditions. I still have access to the service for 3 months since they kept the money, which is only fair but since I determined I didn't want access to any of it, they should have refunded the entire thing.

• St
    stphngeorg May 21, 2010

MyLife Reunion Search billed my credit card $27 although I have never had any dealings with them. I am sure I didn't accidentally click on something on-line - I am very careful.

Stay away from these rip-off artists!

• Li
    LisaGThomas May 29, 2010

Everyone and anyone who used a debit card should change banks and get a new Debit card elsewhere if your bank won't refund you your money. Bank's say they cannot prevent them from charging on your acct. but they often will refund you your money by charging them back the fees (whatever money they charged you), especially if it's a reoccurring charge from them and that they are also giving out your bank information without permission on your part, to other companies.

Once you tell the bank that you have tried to cancel your acct. but it is impossible to do so, and that no one ever answers the phone, so that you can cancel, as well as you're emails. That you have emailed them without anyone EVER responding to your emails OR CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT...They will automatically take off the charges...they should anyway.

I think the banks will make you fill out a formal complaint on some form, but it is certainly worth the time to stop them from doing this. Send a letter to your states Governor or Senator telling them whats going on here and suggest to them a new LAW that can prevent "companies" (ESPECIALLY INTERNET COMPANIES THAT ARE DOING THIS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT!! (Scams). It's maddening!!!

It may be hard initially from stopping an internet company from doing this, but once they have enough complaints, the phone numbers that don't work...(who they are registered to) and they have the ISP numbers, they should have enough information to track them down. Difficult, but NOT impossible for them to do.

Anyone who has not yet done so yet, who is still being charged all these fees, what are you waiting for?...IF you're not getting HELP from your bank...Cancel your account...ALL of your accounts with that bank who won't help you get your money back...(whether it's a charge account or a Debit card) and get rid ofthem if they're notgoing to help you!

• To
    Toya2010 May 31, 2010

Mylife is nothing but a scam and ripoff . . . Stay away from them and save your time and money . . . and life. THEY STEAL MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP AND PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION!

• Wz
    Wzambon Jun 20, 2010

Unauthorized charge showed up on my Master Charge

• Ak
    akeva62 Jun 24, 2010

you guys want action? report all of these to ftc.gov! believe it or not, they can actually make a difference!

• Sg
    Sgarland2010 Jun 25, 2010

what are you kidding me 131.40$ when i signed up i said under 10.95$/month it did NOT SAY IT WOULD BILL ME for 12 months or when i finialize my purchased it did not say it would bill be all at once for one year i thought it would be 10.95$ a month it is why i did this as when i singed up it said "10.95$/month"

yeah also if i do not get a refund ill be going to the Media with this i know a few good people that can get this posted up at a good media sourse

and also this statement belove is by them it is so damm light in color and at the bottom of the page you could bearly see it and it seems they are hideing it from you
    "*One payment of $131.40 for a 12 month plan, $77.70 for a 6 month plan, or $41.85 for a 3 month plan. Your membership will be automatically renewed to a month-to-month membership until you cancel. If you cancel, you'll enjoy premium benefits until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after that term expires. All charges are non-refundable. "
    THIS UP OBOVE WAS IN SUCH A LIGHT COLOR I COULD NOT EVEN SEE IT ON YOUR WEBSITE UNLESS I PUT ON MY GLASSES MAKE IT BOLD SO EVERYONE KNOW WHATS THEY ARE GETTING THEMSELVES INTO

• Dw
    D Walker Jun 30, 2010

Last yr I signed up for an offer of $29. for 1 yr membership for My life.com but the company has taken upon it`s self to debit my account without my approval for a 2nd.year, they have my e-mail account and could have informed me of this pending transaction, to see if in fact I still wish to subscribe with them, they sent the email informing that the renewal was success but this time they charged $ 60.00. Now they do not want to process the cancelation without me loosing my money. Is that legal ?

• Ge

12400 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1500
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    US
    [protected]

That's from register.com. It's who the site is registered to. Hope that helps.

• Sh
    Sheila Kennedy Jul 20, 2010

I agree MyLife is a rip off. I signed up thinking I'd have it for $6.95 for 12 months, wrong it was $6.95 a month for 12 months. Thats not what the add said. I tred to cancel within just a few mintues of signing up and was told I'd only get back a oart of the partment that I had to keep at least on month. I'd still have all the access etc. and set up a users name and pass word. I did and now I can't use this site can't even get into it to get a phone number to make any changes or complaint. I wasn't real happy with Facebook but at least it was free!

Johnny rotton Jul 21, 2010

It's a funny thing fraud has no meaning any longer . You can advertise whatever you want . It's up to the public to decypher the true meaning . Just punch in your name and see who's been looking for you is the add . Then sign in pay money and find we use your name as much as possible to further owr company .

I find free advertisement is to their advantage, when they charge the consumer to further their deceit .
    I did not sign up . As soon as I find a distorted communication between the ad. then the reality . I close the site and whisper goodby [censored] .
    America use to be a place of concerned honesty . The legal system through deception have contaminated any honesty that previously existed . Then replaced it with do what you want, as long as you have the proper funding to buy your way out .

My opinion on the whole of our world as it evades a reality, while instilling political Puppetry .

• Ta
    taracakes1 Jul 23, 2010

Thanks for the reviews everyone... I was considering signing up today, but I think I'll pass now...

Question: to those who have the membership- do you actually see who is searching for you? And is it only for search engine searches or does that include facebook searches too? Do you find out who views your Facebook profile?

• Me
    mellowknee Jul 24, 2010

I just want to thank people for taking the time to warn others here but also to take the time to make a complaint with the BBB. They only have 1, 018 complaints on file. This has got to be more wide spread. The government will do nothing until they see larger numbers with "unresolved" complaints. IMHO

• Do
    Donna Davidson-Kersten Jul 31, 2010

thank the goodness of my lord above looking out for me..i had a wrong feeling about giving any information to this website from the beginning like 2 or more years...and then reading the stories above..my gosh..i work for the state and don't have money to burn...thank u all for posting ur stories here for me to read... my wrong feeling was well founded it seems...i guess i won't be able to find sylvana cutter at all... :(

• Cu
    cullyann Aug 01, 2010

Just a suggestion for any internet purchases you might make. I do this all the time and it works really well. Sign up for Paypal and install the Paypal Plug-In. Then when you buy anything on the internet, use the option to 'generate Secure Card. What happens is the company you're paying thinks that is your credit card number, but in reality, it's a 1-time use card number and the money comes out of your checking account. If they try to charge against that number again it's not going to work. I've been usint this since the plug-in became available a few years ago.