MyLife.comscam internet website

A Review updated:

I signed up and requested a refund less than two minutes later after realizing this is the same company as reunion.com and a total scam.

Jade Cruz Apr 23, 2019

I did use this tool few times and I subscribed from it. In the first, it was good but in other time I use it. It somehow not giving the results I want or at least show some significant results. So what I did was I use other tool like https://www.checkpeople.com/

• Pa
    Paul Feeley Dec 27, 2017

mylife

• Pa
    Paul Feeley Dec 27, 2017

my life stinks

• My
    mylife.com Aug 24, 2016

WHAT A JOKE! This is a biggest SCAM I've got myself into... I just hope these people can live with them self. I can mark this up as a FOOL!!! My wife does research and a member on Ancestry.com I figure this would help her in research as a gift. Well she's not really happy with my decision. What of waste of money I just spent for a entire year. I can't get my money back!!

Michele M Jul 28, 2016

This comes attached to mylife.com...beware...they charge for two months at a time...$80.00 total they STOLE from me.

• Bi
    bill zenga Jul 28, 2016

went on to my banks web page as i put my credit card numbers in i realized unoter companys web page had cut in know there taking moneys from my card unotherized and there is no info i can seem to find on them the phone number is to another company called savings ace how are these companys allowed to do this and are getting away with ripping every one off.

mill valley Jul 28, 2016

I joined this group for one month. They automatically renewed me for another three years and would not allow me to cancel account. Ieven stopped my credit card and they got another credit card for me. Finally I closed all credit cards to get rid of them.

• Ka
    kabuild Jul 28, 2016

Annual membership charge automatically charged without notice, and company refuses to refund the $60 charge. Beware of the very poor customer service this company provides and their money hungry philosophy.

chelle1 Jul 28, 2016

why when you want to delete your account they tell you you can do it through the web site but not so...there's a # to call where they charge you by the minute

anchor67 Jul 28, 2016

i received an email stating someone was looking for me and for 18.95 i could find out and when i gave them my credit card info and went back to see who was looking for me another thing came up with an option to continue they took another 167.80 from my credit card i called and demanded it back and i will again tomorrow i only gave them until tomorrow and i will get a lawyer.they are crooks

• Ms
    msjudycat Jul 28, 2016

The My Life people search website sounded interesting. I joined figuring that that I could cancel anytime. I have tried and tried to log in to the site to cancel it with no sucess. They tell me that they will email my user name and password again and again. I have still not received such an email. They continue to charge me $40 and change every six months or so. I guess my next stop is the bank to refuse the charges. I was disappointed in the web site from the beginning. Now I'm quite angry and frustrated with them. Watch out for these people!

AngryBarbara Jul 28, 2016

This is a very expensive mistake to make. I signed-up for what I thought was a $12.95 ANNUAL membership because I was curious. It turned-out it was $12.95 A MONTH. They CHARGE the entire ANNUAL fee to your credit card immediately. I was able to get a partial refund, but still lost $50 on this mistake! Don't do the same thing.

Deborahporter cahill Jul 28, 2016

Was charged for some service called my life. When I got the email saying I was signed u[ I responded telling
    them I didnt want or order this and to put the 95.00 back on my checking debit card, they had charged.
    I never agreed or wanted any membership or service. I rarely use the computer at all, and have no
    desire to pay for some service nor do I have any need for said service.
    I also contacted my bank and advised them it was a fraudulent charge I never even opened
    the email just replied that I had no idea and did not want. apparantly, they wont cancel this service
    or refund your money. It is fraudulent. Any contract, any way, has a 24 hour cancellation and get your money back
    in Consumer Protection Laws. Please Advise Now I have to cancel my debit card and get a new one for fear someone else will use it and charge my checking account

• Li
    lilcr8zygrma Jun 22, 2016

I have recieved several charges on my cc card from a MVQ SAVINGSACE on my card and tacked it down to mylife on the internet also known as classmates.com I never signed up for them and yet they have charged me 26.95 and 19.95 on my card I made a few calls from phone numbers I found on the internet and finally got answers and canceled the membership and demanded my money back or I was turning them in for theft of cc and personal information being illegally used . I got all of my money back and a confirmatiom number to never be charged again.

• Sh
    Sheryl Henderson Mar 21, 2016

I keep getting notices of information added on my profile and they want me to pay to see what it is! They say they are paying for this info but it's without my knowledge of approval!! Does HIPPA not apply???I

• Az
    Aza1 Mar 17, 2016

Scam website taking aggregate information from background check companies and publicly displaying it for people to see. Personal information is being jeopardized.

Reviewer22637 Feb 22, 2016

I found out this site has information on me such as my name, current and former addresses, names of friends and family members. I never gave my personal info to this company for others to see. I want all reference of me to be removed from this site. I never gave these people permission to use my name or likeness.

Reviewer36318 Jan 26, 2016

There seems to be no way to remove the information they post and they constantly send emails. Seems to be a scam and no one is taking them off. They are invading my privacy as they are doing to others.

Reviewer87233 Nov 20, 2015

Why is this site allowed to collect personal information about a person and post it? THEN, ask for money if you want it removed. Criminal charges should be brought against the owner of the site.

Anonymous Intentionally Jun 10, 2015

Here's the thing: Mylife.com posts your personal information on the internet, and when you click to find out why your personal info is there (my name and AGE when I enter my name in a search engine) they try to get you to sign up - for free, where you can't change anything, or, for $$ - where they "claim" they can fix where your information is showing up on the internet. Oh, like, their internet posting? Theirs happens to be the only one I found which SHOWS my personal information from a search engine. I have to pay to get them to remove private information that I did not approve posting? And try to tell me they are PROTECTING me?
    That's blackmail, honey, pure and simple.
    I happen to be job hunting, so I would prefer if my age were not available. BY LAW, I do NOT have to give information to a prospective employer about my age, including the year I received a diploma, because that can indicate a "ballpark" age. But this company I have never had any association with can post my age on the internet? It's a problem for me - maybe potential employers don't want to hire me because I am "seasoned".
    But what about those people in abusive relationships that had to start over in a new city? Perhaps protecting children? They're out-ed by this dude, Jeffrey Tinsley, for money, on the pretense that "someone is looking for you!" Yah, right.
    I suppose it is possible this is all public information that can be found, but for the sake of decency, should not be easily accessed or published at will. I will research privacy laws to see if there are any he has violated. I cannot believe he has not. And if not, I hope that some laws come into being that will cause him to shut down this site and lose his livelihood. It's flat wrong, indecent and immoral that he should make money off of anyone the ways he does. I am especially sad for those on this site who willingly gave him their credit cards, overlooking the "pay us to go after unwanted postings" crap, because they thought someone was looking for them. FaceBook and LinkedIn are legit, free, and protect you far better. And they aren't pristine either, on this information mining juggernaut. Beware. The Pandora's box of information about you and me is now open forever. Apparently, we have no rights of privacy anymore.

• Qu
    queen frazier Oct 11, 2012

I want my name and all concering about remove from youe list now. queenfrazier 12305

mightyfly Sep 11, 2012

If you have to input Payment information for a "free" trial, it isn't free. Please make sure you read what you are signing up for before inputting card information!

• Et
    ethos Aug 16, 2012

Sure he signed up. These scammers are counting on people like you signing up and not reading the terms all the way because they are so long and what do we usually do? in any case you should not let the issue rest. write them CMRRR and demand your money back, cc you state AG, FTC and a local TC station. Dispute the charges with your bank. Cancel that card. And try not to signup for so called free trials if you cannot read through all the terms and conditions. When you cancel stuff do it in writing CMRRR, it has no spam inbox!

• Ki
    kikichan Aug 16, 2012

Ok, so I signed up for MyLife's 7 day free offer. I checked it out and then called to delete my account. It still cost me 30$ "service fee" even though I canceled within those "free" 7 days. Now, it's 8 months later and I notice a charge on my card from savingsace for 19.95 & these charges go all the way back to January for a grand total of $160 in charges!!! I call to figure out what's going on and they tell me that they got my information through mylife because I supposedly signed up for a $5 off coupon. When I say that I would never have done that since I don't shop online & I signed up for the "FREE" mylife service so why the hell would I need $5 off the lady tells me that they sent a "courtesy email" letting me know that I had been signed up for their services and that I should have canceled when I saw it if I didn't want to be a member. I checked my email & can't find anything & so she says maybe it was sent to your spam...but that's out of our control. LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT...you sent me SPAM & then charged me $160 because I didn't open your spam email????? These people are liars, thieves & I know those people on the phone spend allllllll day talking to people like me who have been ripped off. No sympathy, just "I'm sorry ma'am but that's your fault for not noticing sooner". ARGGGGHHH these people are evil!!

Mandyfav Aug 03, 2012

Yeap. They did mine too.

• Sy
    Symira Jun 20, 2012

Same issue I signed up for a month membership and they had me on authomatic renewal. Isn't there something illegal about this. If i wanted more months I would have choose a year membership. the lady was very rude and said I can give you a free coupon for an additional month as long as you leave your credit card on file. I told them that I would write a review about the service, she said I dont care we have customers that still pay, what is one lost customer. Well I hope this one customers voice stands out and we boycott them. For 15.99 ---Horrible site This is a horrible site.

• Zu
    Zuk Jun 06, 2012

I went to the site and purchased a one month membership for $10.95. I received an email that said that I had purchased a premium membership for $95.40. I called their customer service number and was told that the browser that I was using (Internet Explorer) had reloaded the page and changed my box checked (one month membership) to the premium membership. Can you believe that? They said that they would refund $84.00 back to my account. I find it difficult to believe someone after being so blatantly lied to. I called my bank and now I am waiting. I just want to warn other people so that this may not happen to someone else. It appears to me that this company is engaging in shady and fraudulent practices.

ChicagoSara Jun 02, 2012

In 2009 I signed up for mylife.com. I immediately closed my account after realizing it was not what I thought it was. However, when I signed up it automatically signed me up for SavingsAce, which was unknown to me. SavingsAce had been debiting small amounts from my bank account for three years, increasing the amounts slightly to remain under the radar. About a month ago I noticed an odd debit from my account, now that I have a Smartphone. Yes, shame on me for not noticing, but again with small amounts it went under the radar. In total they STOLE around $650 from my account and have been HORRIBLE to work with in trying to resolve this. I received $26.95 refund from them. I have worked with my bank to try to recoup some of the money, but they would only help so much. SavingsAce is a SCAM, as well as, Mylife.com. A company should NOT automatically sign you up for other services without your knowledge and then STEAL money from you. PLEASE BE WARY OF SAVINGSACE & MYLIFE.COM.

• Ra
    Ragdoll79 May 13, 2012

My husbands xwife put him on this site and his parnets with out him or his parnets knowing about it. She doesn't belong to this family so she needs to be stop!! MyLife needs to be sue and so does Rebecca Williams.

• Do
    doncomplinwithem Apr 15, 2012

MyLife.com is a bait and switch scam. Period. They are linked to or owned by some of the others of their ilk. ie: US Search, People Search and others. I can't emphasize to anyone considering giving their credit card number to this or any of their subsidiaries - DON'T DO IT- They are a scam. So OK you've done it. If you discover it soon. Within days and have used a Credit Card you can file a dispute on the charges with your credit card company and they will charge MyLife and the rest back and make you whole. Like others who have been ripped off by these scammers Don't do it. You will not get what you are looking for. Nuff said.

• Se
    Septek Jan 27, 2012

They took $20 from my bank without my permission. The problem is that I never used them and they don't want to refund money! What can I do about this?

• Ca
    CalFord Jan 26, 2012

Just like everyone else apparently, I signed up for 3 months clicked appropriate buttons, and they attempted to change me $131 + $41. I bounced a check because I was only expected what their website indicated, $39 for 3 months. I develop websites and can confirm MyLife.com is intentionally deceptive with the intent to defraud people online and do so with plausible deniability.

We called the company to receive refund and they refunded back half of what they stole from me. They verbally refused a full refund. However my credit card is not showing the refund, they indicate it takes 7 days. We'll see. Either way it is time for all of us victims to file legal action and contact the States this online fraud has occurred.

dEbRa J Dec 28, 2011

I have asked my personal info be removed but it's still on all the online search providers, my name, hubby's name, my Mom and Dad
    (who are gone) and so if you can't beat 'em, join them for free. I don't care anymore because I know no one is looking for us as the person has passed away. Oh, the people who are supposedly looking for you have very small pics and are blurry and you have to pay to find out which no one is looking anyway. Deb

Debtrade Dec 21, 2011

I had to update my Resume for Employment. The Company I worked for closed, and I was laid off with a letter of recommendation. How ever I just found my previous boss who I always was able to contact changed his phone number, and I could not find his number to give to prospective Employers. So I went on line and found
    My Life.com. I understood I would only be billed 10.95 to search for 1 person, I did not need a years worth of service from them. I then found out I was billed 95.45, on my on line bank statement account, and they were not able to find a phone number for my previous Employer. So I got billed 95.45 for nothing. I called them back that their was no indication up fount that I was going to be billed for a years service. I only needed to search for 1 person, and it was a fight with them to get them to call the bank so they could issue an immediate refund, which they never did. Both me and my husband are unemployed and we can not afford to have 95.45, off of our bank account. They agreed to refund all the money but I had to wait 7 to 10 days to get it back. Through a lot of constant phone calls with My Life .Com, I got the pending charges off the next day, with a day wasted and a lot of frustration. Most normal people will use a people search agency, for 1. Looking up an Ex Spouse for Child Support 2. Looking Up Run Away Children 3. Looking for a Birth Parent or Adopted Child or 4.Business Purposes to look up contact information from an Ex Boss. Normal people only need to look up one person for these reasons they do not need a years worth of services. Any one that does is a stalker, and has mental problems. I you have a legitimate reason to look up one person, do your self a favor and go one line and check low cost people search. Most of these sights will only charge you 2.00 to 6.00 to find who your looking for. If you don't get any results. Hopefully the only money you'll be out is 2.00 to 6.00 dollars. If for a legitimate reason you every need to find some one. Good Luck and Be Careful of Rip Offs Life My Life .com.

• Ci
    cindy dosier Nov 25, 2011

As for me MYLIFE.COM is not a scam...you have to always read a contract before signing right..so although I haven't paid anything yet I know it showed 5 people searching for me and I know 4 out of the 5 that was searching for me...and do you know there are people out there with the same name as yours so when it shows people you don't kknow that means they thought you were the one they thought they knew..so if you are so when you think its a scam I don't believe it is...but instead of using a bank card use a prepaid card they can only deduct what you agree to pay...

• Ga
    Gabriela Anderson Nov 13, 2011

I AM RECEIVING POP-UPS FROM THIS FIRM WITH WHICH I HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON - THEM AND OTHERS LIKE THEM: RANDOMCHAT, FACEBOOK ETC. THEY NEED TO RETRIEVE THEIR SPAM INFO AND STOP THE POPUPS. BELOW ARE THE GUIDELINES FROM FBI -- I WILL SUBMIT COMPLAINTS.
    ALSO THESE SPAM-SENDING FIRMS CANNOT BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY!
    THEIR SPAM IS INTERFERING WITH MY ONLINE TEACHING BUSINESS CAUSING SIGNIFICANT DAMAGES, I WILL ASK FOR COMPENSATION IN COURT.

Those sending this spam are violating the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1037.

Spam can also act as the vehicle for accessing computers and servers without authorization and transmitting viruses and botnets. The subjects masterminding this Spam often provide hosting services and sell open proxy information, credit card information, and email lists illegally.

If you believe you may have fallen victim to this type of scam and wish to report it, please file a complaint with us.

deanakokos Oct 14, 2011

I discontinued my membership and they keep taking money from my credit card ...

• Oi
    Oistrove Oct 12, 2011

I canceled the membership right after I enrolled and the rep got smart with me and I told her the product is craP i DON'T WANT IT .IT DID NOT GIVE ME WHAT IT SAID IT WAS GOING TO GIVE ME SO i WAnt it canceled and I want my 10.95 back well I see you put it back then you took it out again I have had enough with rip off web sites. I will call the bbb ftc and the attorney general about your con artist actions. I better see my 10.95 put back in my acct now and leave my acct alone period you have no authority to acess my accounts period put that 10.95 back now and go away cancel anything regarding Pittman now and that is that. If you do not return my money I will sue you for robbery.

• Bi
    bittalin Oct 11, 2011

They were only supposed to charge me about $10.00. When i tried to find people there were no listings and everything the site offered was false. In the end they scammed me for over $100.oo and still are trying to use my atm number. Also When i tried deleting e-mails from them, i deleted 2 out of 20, and within 5 minutes they had tried to charge me $141.95 and the second one charged me $131.95. and that was for deleting 2 e-mails luckily the bank has a red flag set up against that company on my account. I'm wondering how much they will try to charge when i delete the other 18 e-mails. I am warning everybody who is looking for a lost friend or loved one, do not trust this site they are thieves and the place they should be is behind bars were they belong. One more thing i read that other sites like reunion.com, forlife.com, etc. are related and do the same thing.

• Fr
    fredup Sep 27, 2011

Mylife just appeared in my Gmail : I did not join them or want anything to do with them .
    All messages go into spam and I delete them all but it is the sneaky way they go on that gets me . And no apparent way to stop them coming or so it seems .
    So is there anybody out there who knows how to stop all future spams from them, for free that is . And no, I do not want to chage emil provider .