Having problems with Meetup?

Meetup Customer Service Contacts

632 Broadway, 10th Floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Meetup Customer Service. Initial Meetup complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Meetup above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Meetup. Discuss the issues you have had with Meetup and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Meetup Complaints & Reviews

MeetupMeetup

Hello,
I just created a meetup group and an event, but I notice that it never appears in the researches with any keyword that I use and with any similar event. I could remark that only most popular events are Shawn, and I find very unfair: how can my group become popular in these conditions? Please come back to me with solutions. Thanks, Romaric (group: rando montagne et fun à Annecy)
Mail adress: Romaric.[protected]@gmail.com

MeetupNot fit for purpose

I've exhausted myself trying to connect with people at Meetups. I have loads of interests, am outgoing and always make an effort to look my best and genuinely engage with people. I've been trying for 3 years, and haven't made a single friend...nope, not even one person I can call and chat with as a friend, or even as a basic acquaintance.

It's very discouraging. Several over 40s/50s groups who advertised their events turned out to be for ''members only'', and membership was at a cost, and on their terms, i.e. I couldn't even try going to a 'sample' event first before deciding if I wanted to commit. When I tried to address this issue by messaging the organisers, their responses were rude and hurtful.

I also was surprised that most events I went to were attended by very young people, almost to the exclusion of older people. I am over 50, although am told I look considerably younger, and feel that way too, but really couldn't connect with so many attendees who were a generation younger than me. I went alone, and left, alone, every SINGLE time. It's really depressing to invest so much hope in expanding your circle of mates and getting nowhere. Nada. Zip.

MeetupYour account has been disabled for spam or inappropriate behavior.

" Your account has been disabled for spam or inappropriate behavior. "

Meetup, have it all wrong. There is no member who had reported my account I recently created it!

I have no idea, how far does the Meetup want to go about this!

AND THERE'S ISN'T ANOTHER EVENT. THE NEED IS A MATTER. I HAD RECENTLY BEEN TRYING REACH OUT. I EVEN COMPLAINT THROUGH BBB. BUT BBB REFUSE ME.

WHY IN THE HECK HATE ME

*SCREAMS CRYING JUMPING UP AND DOWN*

Your account has been disabled for spam or inappropriate behavior.

MeetupSci fi/ fantasy group, Chicago area

This group was all about science fiction movies, books, congresses and getting science fiction fans together. As it was taken over by James Cohen, he continuously runs some kind of vurtual speed dating for singles and charges 25$ for that . it is nothing illegal I guess but I would like him to go away and establish his dating market elsewhere, and advertise not under meetup- it gives meetup and sci fi fans rather bad rep.
        Maria Winterman

MeetupMeetup keeps charging my card

For over a year I've been trying to get Meetup to stop charging my credit card. I've closed the group I was responsible for. I've tried and tried to find a phone number or email to lodge my complaint with no luck.

I've been charged $59.94 twice in the past year and that's after I've closed down everything. Before I closed my account I couldn't get into the payment option to change my card information.

While I'm trying to get this mess straighted out, I have gotten late charges on my card for $25 twice. It's $119.88 plus $50 = $169.88 out of my pocket because they can't conduct their business professionally.

It seems to me that it borders on criminal behavior to not have accurate contact information or a way to lodge a complaint without having to pay even more.

I'm really pissed...And I doubt that anyone will really bother to read this anyway. I'll keep getting charged and Meetup sure doesn't give a damn.

MeetupPayment collected

My name is Clive Curniffe.
            (Clive's Badminton Social)

I have been trying to get to talk with someone in regards to being charged for something I have no control over. I have been running a badminton social club and i've signed up with meetup for about 5 years.

We are no longer running a badminton social because of coroner, the centre have been closed from since March. I complained about being charged by meetup since I am not able to run my classes. I have written a letter in July 2020 asking for suspension of my account until we are able to get back to playing badminton. If your not able to suspend my acount please cancel the account. I have not received any form of a reply and money have been taken out of my account in July and August I wish for the money taken from me to be put back into my account.
            Can I get confirmation that you have received this email.

thanks
            Clive

Apr 25, 2020

Meetup — Cancellation of subscription - do not pay until current situation has been resolved

Hi, I asked meetup to make adjustment to my subscription payment since it is an outdoor events group that I...

MeetupMeet up follow up past email responses

Ok, I've been complaning about this for two times. Kate she's knows me, she's bad person to me. She will not try to offer me earn chance. So I can have my account back. However I've been trying to be nice asking an apologies. I said, I couldn't find any where, where meet friends. But on meet up. I always complaining to bbb, but they can't do much. So I received same answer from them. " Look in the last email" I've already talk about that long time ago.

Meet up follow up past email responses

MeetupFailure to reinstate 2000 members

Two coorganisers went viral and deleted 2000 members from international ravers. This was extremely distressing for me they wrote NICKF [censored] and called my a pedophile Benham and Metin and it took me 17 months to build this number my number was [protected] now is [protected] and email [protected]@gmail.com I hope this is resolved quickly I am resorting to messenger as a temporary fix

MeetupSeo for swiss entrepreneurs [free workshop] with zürich seo meetups

I travelled over 2 hours to this MeetUp to find it to be nothing less than a live INFOMERICIAL by Ebrahim Mehrno.

There was NO disclosure about the purpose of this meeting... but DECEPTIVE description:

"Learn from an entrepreneur, not just an SEO specialist. This workshop is all about learning and implementing the best SEO practices in your business."

After I messaged Ebrahim about this... his only response was to UNJOIN me from his group.

I hope you will rectify this... and do a better job for your visitors who have good intent to learn.

~ Alan Brandt

PRIVATE DEVELOPER of Google Page-1 Ranked GEO-Profession Tier-1 U.S. Domain Names

MeetupPerth north of the river 50+ dinner group

Ms Helen James is the organiser of this dinner group.
                    She has scurrilously badmouthed me, inside the dinner group, despite numerous times being told to shut up, it is still ongoing.
                    Despite many complaints to meetup about her carry on, Meetup have refused to get involved, telling me, that what happens outside the group, is on no concern to them.
                    Yet, they do not acknowledge that she is badmouthing me inside the group, and, I have witnesses that will back me up.
                    This is totally unacceptable that she does this, and, continuous to get away with it, as Meetup remain inactive on this very serious complaint.
                    This woman should not be running a duck pond, as she viciously badmouths anyone, who she dislikes ( she has been banned form one dinner group, and one social club group, for her badmouthing dinner guests and club members)
                    She should not be allowed to run a dinner and coffee group, for people who are very vulnerable, and, insecure.

MeetupSubscription fee

Two years ago I took over a meet up group. When the organizer stepped down, I provided my credit card details as a new host of the group. However the meet up took money from both previous organizer's and my bank account. Now I stepped down organizer's position. Yes as you guess, the meet up continued receiving money from my account. I do not think this is a simple mistake . This is very deliberate strategy.

Anthony Ensor Jun 29, 2019

I am also being charged fees for a group I closed down. How do you contact these rat bags to stop them from taking fees and get a refund? There is no contact anywhere to get help. You just get this stupid robot that tells you how to deal with members of your group which is not what I need. This is a deliberate scam. The fact they have no contact makes it quite obvious what they are up to. How can there possibly be a company that receives funds from fees and then is basically non existent when it comes to suspicious activity. This whole institution is nothing short of a scam and needs to be exposed.

Jan 18, 2019

Meetup — Can't find the info I need

New to Meetup, I created two groups but then, when I altered the contact email address, I couldn't see any of...

Meetup — South East QLD Kayak

The organizer Larry has not respect and is a bully deleting new members discussions with no fore warning or...

Meetup — Worst customer service in the world

Do not waste your money in this company. The concept is good but the service is bad. People join your group...

Meetup.comMeetup.com

I recently started a new group but had questions regarding the lack of notifications that my group was being introduced to the public & lack of my planned events not listed under notifications as well

After numerous back & forth e-mails to meetup.com I was not satisfied with their bizarre explanations that they now have a new system & you don't see your own events???

Another meetup that I joined requested $13.50 in order to join & see their events.. Upon joining I saw that 1,400 people were members.. I questioned where $13.50 a pop for 1, 400 members was going?... The organizer said that not everyone paid & this was meetup new policy???... I immediately cancelled my membership & did get a refund

I am currently requesting a refund for establishing my new group... There is something very strange going on with either meetup.com.. New organizers or both...

Meetup — Various complaints about my meetup situation

My name is Mijo Papas. I have founded and am the organizer of French in Ann Arbor since 2015. All of a sudden...

Meetup — Group organizer

I organized a Meetup, and started to get folks joining the group. Every time I went to welcome a new member...

Meetup — Meetup organizer

I had to post a cancellation notice of my Meetup through my member profile since I cannot access my Organizer...

www.meetup.comMeetup condones stalking, harassment, defamation, assault abuse

Meetup in my experience does not assist anyone in particular women when it comes to stalking, harassment, defamation, assault, abuse. Once an event is reported they do nothing, literally nothing - and I believe its because of money and reputation and legal issues (ie. don't want to be involved in getting sued). They hide what is really happening to people in particular women. Try to report a simple defamation or stalking matter and the technicians don't even teach you how to block all members ie. you can select only receive messages from organizers. If you report anything remotely serious they ignore it and do not even respond so they cannot be held accountable. If the police get involved ie stalking then meetup has nothing to say and will not get involved. Meetup condones abuse. Meetup condones abuse particularly to women. BEWARE OF meetup.com The most scariest matter is that if someone is abusive toward you and basically attacking your character, making up lies etc. they can post your picture, business name (if you list it on your profile), your comments (ie. private messages to organizer/owner of that particular meetup group) and this IS ALL PUBLIC ie. on internet, on meetup, on group pages, on event pages - wherever the organizer chooses to do so.