MyLife.comcharged by affiliated company savingsace

K Review updated:

This site is a total scam. Read all the small print when you are accepting the terms and conditions. Mylife.com markets their site for $5/mo for a year subscription however when signing up they charge the full $60 as a one time fee. On top of this they enroll you in an affiliate company that charges an additional $19.95. I have tried to cancel this subscription and get a refund and both companies have been very evasive and non-cooperative. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!

JoBinda May 10, 2020

I used My life as a trial for $1.00 to get an address of an old friend, then this past Friday May 1st my card ending in AmeX 1004 was charged for a yearly subscription when I do not want it nor did I ask for it. Please reverse the charges on my card.
    Thanks Joanne [protected]

• La
    Lakhi Dey Apr 18, 2020

Some body Vigo ID no. [protected] virul my personal video which is very unmanageable and I have been very much abused by them so I humbly request you to kindly do something otherwise I will take legal action against ''VIGO VIDEO"

• Ro
    Robin Macadangdang Feb 01, 2020

I have not approved any charges to be taken from my bank account for "mylife"

I am requesting a refund on all the charges that I was charged - i haven't been on that site in ages.thank you

• Ju
    Justice2019 Dec 03, 2019

I have contacted My Life Background Services to cancel my membership, due to inaccurate information, outdated information and lack of information. My Life has emailed me several times to confirm my membership cancellation, but they continue to try and draft $35.85 from my debit card on a weekly basis!!!My Life Company is a complete scam!!!

• St
    Stacia Bowers Oct 28, 2019

On 10/16/19 started a free 'week' trial and cancelled on 10/22/19 confirmation#[protected]. They still billed me 59.95 and said it was only a free 4 day trial. That is false advertising The definition of a 'week' is NOUN a period of seven days. This is disgusting. You cannot say a week is free and then charge after 4 days.

• Ka
    kappa789 Oct 27, 2019

I searched my name on MyLife and an alert came up that I have "Liens, Lawsuits or Bankruptcies" and "possible "Arrests and Criminal" records. All of which is completely false, COMPLETE LIES. How is this site allowed to exist? How are they allowed to publish my name and address with this false and harmful information?

• Co
    Cory M Aug 31, 2019

This site whatever it is took $54.?? Dollars off my card and I did not authorize it is there anyway I can get my money back please. I didn't even get on that site I don't know what happened but I need my money please

Lemongrass Yoga Jun 01, 2019

I need ALL of my personal information removed, it is displaying wrong reputation information. I have NEVER been arrested in my ENTIRE life!

charles d taplin May 06, 2019

I just had $19.95 debited from my account, only one week after initial fee of $71.40. I don't recall authorizing this. I will be cancelling, effective immediately.

• Me
    meyerman 77 Apr 02, 2019

Lying thugs who extort .99 cents a month to stop extorting you.

• Su
    Sue Martin2 Mar 24, 2019

MyLife.com has information that they have collected without my permission and 95% of it, is incorrect. This website is affecting my job search. It is bad enough that they are collecting information about me to sell but they are damaging my reputation by spreading false information about me.

Jaya Mehra Feb 25, 2019

I would like to discountinue my membership from mylife .com

• Fr
    frugally Feb 25, 2019

Feb. 2019
    The information on this site is incorrect and out of date. DO NOT waste your money to sign up to simply get wrong information. THIS IS NOT the place to go for information on someone.
    And then trying to cancel and get your money back is impossible. Thankfully I have a great credit card company.

• To
    Todd B. Feb 11, 2019

I signed up this morning and now I want to cancel.

• Ce
    Ceracenni Jan 23, 2019

I want to cancel my subscription and delete my account.

• Su
    Surpreme Courtess Jan 22, 2019

Someone has fraudulently used my identification unlawfully against me on mylife.com. This caused me emotional distress and ruined my character and good reputation. Please remove these accounts asap.

Shayna Winston (Rachel) 33
    Shayna Marie Winston
    Shayna M Winston

• Xx
    X!X Dec 11, 2018

This company has some of the most deceptive and obnoxious marketing practices I have ever seen, and therefore is one of the worst companies. Their entire strategy is to scare people into thinking their privacy has been compromised so that they will pay for an unnecessary and useless product. Don't let them fool you.

Leonard Wood Nov 20, 2018

They have taken $95.40 from my account for a membership that I have not set up or wanted. I want the money refunded.

• Ri
    richard moreland Nov 13, 2018

On Dec. 5th 2016 I paid for a 12 month membership to mylife.com,
    after trying to find three people I found the info unusable.
    But was pleasantly surprised by the customer service department, when they fully refunded my 119.00 within a five minute phone call

• Sp
    Spinafer Nov 12, 2018

You would think u might do a little more home work on the people u charge to get info on. Bradley guy Sargent 5/5/1963 passed 11/99

• Ta
    Taenha Nov 12, 2018

I have been trying for months to log into my account, every time they claim my password is incorrect (it is not). Promise to send temp login to me email (this NEVER happens)

save your money, they are a mess, rude endless wait for "customer service"

• De
    Defamed person Sep 06, 2018

MyLife puts FALSE items on my profile, then will NOT remove them, and says I have to pay for a subscription. That is EXTORTION

charles loomis Sep 05, 2018

Cancel my membership . It is a scam. cancel my account

• Ri
    Rita Fecek Sep 01, 2018

I have no complaints but want to discontinue because I am 82 years old, on a fixed income and don't have enough money for food because of medical issues. Please reply AP. Happy New Year.

• Ti
    tildetx Aug 28, 2018

Unauthorized credit card charges in the amount of $263.20. How do I get this money back?

• Md
    M+D mathieu Aug 28, 2018

Carrie Mathieu claims to be the principal of MY business.I want it taken off of this!or I'm getting a lawyer to use.I don't have any ties to any of the people you have listed either!

Jayson Hanks Aug 21, 2018

I cancelled my subscription before the 30 days, but just found out they charged my card anyway. I am so upset, and I want reimbursed!

• Ke
    Keith 10851 Aug 20, 2018

Hello, I am a police officer/criminal investigator with the Sacramento District Attorney's Office. I investigate high profile cases and have major concerns with my name on the internet. I PLEASE request to have my name taken off mylife.com PLEASE.

Keith Burgoon
    [protected]

• Wo
    Wove flap Aug 20, 2018

Please remove me, my name isWashington DC. The info is too much and most of it is wrong. I am being stalked. Please remove me as soon as possible. Thank you!!! Please remove please remove me, Please remove me, Please remove me, Please remove

• Ka
    karinPiet Aug 20, 2018

Cease and DESIST your wrongful business practices (i.e., extortion, invasion of privacy, identity theft, or I WILL CONTACT ATTY GENERAL OFFICE FOR THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR REFUND & PUNITIVEB DAMAGES.

Karin Piet
    [protected]
    [email protected]
    (cc: AG office, sacramento, CA)

• Ro
    Ron Fleischmann Aug 20, 2018

Just enrolled in one month service, my profile states Ron Fleischmann 47 yrs living in MA. I live in Fl. I'm 78 yrs. don't know how to correct it.??????? date if incident 5/5/2018, time 4:50 pm EST order #mylife1.[protected]. I need to get some data, I don't have for my Ancestry to continue correctly.

• St
    Stephi Gramann Aug 15, 2018

11.95. 2 times I was charged...NO REPORT. (WTH..?) Melinda heeter in Albuquerque.
    WHERE IS IT. And my refund... too, !

• Al
    alkine cheap Aug 14, 2018

Cancel [email protected]
    Taking payment from a cc that doesnt even have rhe same name. I want it canceled ASAP. MyLife.com authorized my credit card for a 3 day free trial that wasnt approved by me the owner of the credit card.

Leonard Wood Jul 13, 2016

found a deduction on 6/20 from bank account for $95.40 and I want the money refunded. I have not allowed it and did not set up any account.

• Jw
    jwatson49528 Mar 13, 2014

I got scammed by MyLife as well. A class action lawsuit was just filed over this, and I'm thinking about joining it. Check out http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11669196.htm for more information on the suit.

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Vertrue, MasterCard, MyLife.com, Oak Investment, and Others Regarding Allegedly Fraudulent “Membership" Fees for Bogus "Savings Clubs"

Lawsuit claims that Defendants profit from charging consumers fraudulent fees for savings club “memberships”

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 13, 2014

Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Vertrue, Inc., Adaptive Marketing, LLC, Velo Holdings, MasterCard International, Inc., MyLife.com, Inc., and Oak Investment Partners. The suit states that Vertrue partners with MyLife.com and other deceptive online businesses to trick consumers into unknowingly joining Vertrue’s “consumer savings clubs.”

According to the lawsuit, most club “members” never make use of their savings club “memberships” and cancel their subscriptions immediately upon learning of the fraudulent charges. According to the lawsuit, MasterCard earns fees by processing Vertrue’s charges while knowing they are fraudulent and processing such plainly illegitimate charges violates MasterCard’s agreements.
    The lawsuit further states that Vertrue’s parent company, Velo Holdings, and MyLife.com’s investor-owner Oak Investment Partners, which invested $25 million in MyLife in 2007, also participate in Vertrue’s improper practices. The case, Chi v. Vertrue, Inc., et al., was filed in the United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, on February 28, 2014 and has been given case number 1:14-cv-00614-TWT.

The lawsuit proposes a class action on behalf of all consumers nationally who have been harmed by these practices.

The new complaint alleges that Vertrue’s “savings clubs, ” administered by its subsidiaries such as Adaptive Marketing, LLC, include At Home Rewards, At Home Rewards+, BusinessMax, Cross Country Savings, DealMax, Home Savings Mall, Food and Flix, Getaway and Save, Leisure Exclusives, My Great Deals, Passport to Fun, Passport to Fun+, SavingsAce, SavingSmart, Shopping Essentials, Shopping Essentials+, Simply You, Today’s Escapes, Today’s Escapes+, ValueMax, and Your Savings Club.

The lawsuit states that when consumers purchase goods and services from MyLife.com and Vertrue’s other online partners they encounter confusing, obscured ads for Vertrue’s “savings clubs.” Consumers click through these ads without realizing that they have accidentally “joined” one of Vertrue’s clubs, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit also states that consumers who accidentally join Vertrue’s clubs are charged recurring monthly fees of $20 or more until they affirmatively cancel their “memberships.” Vertrue’s entire business model is based around this deceptive practice, and Vertrue’s co-conspirators, including MasterCard, knowingly facilitate and profit from Vertrue’s fraudulent activities. The lawsuit states that MasterCard approves such unauthorized charges, and profits from them, even though this violates MasterCard’s own rules regarding protection of private customer credit card data.

The suit asserts that the other Defendants are vital to the improper billing scheme. First, Vertrue transmits a consumer’s credit card data to the related credit card network, which the complaint alleges was MasterCard. MasterCard verifies the consumer’s identity and, the lawsuit states, analyzes the transaction to determine whether it is fraudulent. MasterCard transmits the relevant data to the cardholder’s issuing bank which, if it authorizes the charge, sends a verification message to MasterCard, which then informs the issuing bank that the charge has been authorized, according to the suit. The suit claims that the issuing bank then informs Vertrue of the authorization, at which point the purchase is completed and the issuing bank and MasterCard subsequently “clear” and “settle” all of Vertrue’s charges for that day, at which point the illicitly obtained funds are sent to Vertrue. The suit contends that all the Defendants are well aware of the illegal scheme, but they nonetheless participate in order to obtain substantial transaction fees.

Vertrue is a subsidiary of Velo Holdings, an investment group also named as a Defendant in the lawsuit, that acquired Vertrue in 2007. According to the lawsuit, Velo and Oak Investment, MyLife.com’s senior investor-owner, were fully aware that Vertrue’s business model relied on consumer fraud when they acquired their positions in these online companies. The suit asserts that these investors nevertheless controlled, participated in, and profited from Vertrue and MyLife for years while doing nothing to curb the companies’ highly illegal business practices.

If you have unknowingly joined one of Vertrue’s savings clubs and wish to discuss this action, or if you have any questions concerning this press release, please contact Webb, Klase & Lemond by e-mail at [email protected] or by calling [protected]. Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC is a law firm that practices complex litigation with a focus on litigation arising from wrongful deprivations by corporate and government entities.

Mari KaKa Apr 23, 2012

I have never given them a cent but I went to their site to check them out. I gave them a fake name totally made up, a name no one could possible have. They started flooding me with emails citing all of these persons in all of these states that had been searching for me. What crooked liars they are!!! No one could have been looking for that name I made up. I tried to get them to stop sending me emails and followed procedure to be removed from the list. But the emails just kept right on coming with them trying to tempt me into seeing who was searching for my by paying for membership. I finally emailed them and warned them that if they sent me another email, I would flood them with multiple emails back. When they continued to do so, I sent them an email then resent until I sent them about 300 emails. Then I said in another email that if they sent one more email to me, they would deal with 1000 emails for every one. They quit after that. But now today, I was seriously searching for something. I typed in my real name and low and behold, they had my info including my full name, age, city I live in, my first three digits including area code of my phone number with the rest of the numbers blotted out and a map of my actual location. This burns me up to no end.

• We
    Well informed before Aug 28, 2010

To the very isolated two very Positive Comments, How much were you paid to write such happy, slappy malarky? Nice business to be in one that writes positive comments for shady con artist internet businesses like Mylife.com AKA reunions.com. by the way Runion.com had so many complaints it literally had to form a sister company to survive. I was stopped in the nick of time from making a big mistake. I have read countless complaints about MyLife.com. as I do with most companys I plan to enlist or sign up for, and not just from this posting venue. I would advise everyone planning on signing on to a new complany your unsure of to research before making any rash decisions that could affect you financially. There have been hundreds of disatified people vs. maybe 12 percent of satified customers. Of Course!! Mylife. com has to make at least one or two attempts at satisfying someone or else they would never be able to run this website without crimmial charges brought against them. I would be very careful calling people who complain idiots.. You are just a lucky idiot. As for me I did my homework before getting involved and signing on. Did you know that there are also complaints registered with better business and comsumer affairs numbering into the hundreds!! Thank God for people who care enough to report bad Mylife.com experiences. It will save countless frustrations and mis deeds to honest trusting consumers. These types of internet business sharks should be exposed publicly for what they really are. I wonder if it would be advantagous to seek help with a news investigative team lilke some of the Daily news channels. Just a speculation.

Thanks Again all those who posted complaints.

• Vi
    viathlete Oct 03, 2009

Your an idiot! You begin as they state on an auto renewal which you can disable that same day you sign up in two different ways, one by calling or another by doing so on you profile. I love this site I was able to locate my brother whom I haven't seen or heard from in years! They promote it at $5/month but as you put in your c/c info it states you will be billed up front. It would be different if they never said anything but the point is they do! You know how stupid you sound when your angry about something that was mentioned to you! Why wouldn't you read something before purchasing makes no sense to me!

• Re
    Repto Sep 06, 2009

I strongly disagree with the comments made...i have heard of people who are very successfull in using this website including MYSELF...i guess it all just comes down to reading before you perchasing...

Christopher A Hammons Apr 28, 2009

I am Pissed. Every comment posted above is true. I will get my money back. What mylife AKA Reunion is a scam. They will say on their website that you can sign up for a year membership for only $5.00, but what they really mean, is that they will take $60.00 out of your credit card and not tell you about it. They will completely mislead you to thinking that it only cost you $5.00 I will never use my card for any membership on the computer again. I will still get my money back.