Mr Tankless / Ontario Direct Energyowner

Scam scam scam!! Owner writes bad cheques all over gta. Owes money to all their suppliers so they need a down paymnet. You pay and never see them again. They send out bad cheques for refunds and to pay for advertising. They owe the toronto star, toronto sun, national post, globe and mail, revenue canada, money saver, active temp control, ontario energy group, etc etc.
Frank p the loooza should be in jail where his cell mate will teach him to pay his bills.

Bollockchops May 12, 2012

That's fraud dontcha know. Is anybody pressing criminal/civil charges against this fraud artist?

JOHN5 May 12, 2012

MR TANKLESS is a TOTAL SCAM!!! I was foolish enough to buy a tankless heater and new furnace. There was never an audit done even though I payed the $300. They never returned my calls. A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!

Bollockchops Nov 15, 2011

Way to keep on top of things Toronto Cares. It has only been about 2 years. If Mr. Tankless has been performing your annual rental maintenance (they require that dontchaknow), I'm sure there are dozens of folks here who would like to know what phone number to call to have theirs done too.

Toronto Cares Nov 14, 2011

Mr. Tankless is bankrupt! Such a shame, it was great company, run by an awesome owner, I see all of your comments, and it is unfortunate for you that you have not experience Mr. Tankless when it was up and running, your comments would not be as such below, you would have been pleased with Mr. Tankless as I have been and all the extras they have offered us. Miss you Mr. Tankless.

Bollockchops Jul 16, 2011

The gift that keeps on giving.
    <b>FYI. The Eco audit Rebate Program is back. </b> $375 rebate for a 90% efficient or better TWH, $315 for 80%.

A reputable company would explain the rebates, and how to go about getting them.
    I am with Sears Home Services and will include my spam-mail address here to filter out the hub-bub.
    <b>bpolltogmz at yahoo dot ca </b>

• Ta
    tanklessactivetempscamjob Jul 15, 2011

Absolute nightmare! Scam isn't strong enough - organized crime better describes this operation. also operate under active temp control. They lied about installation, lied about rebates...after endless calls I finally got installed and paid...but that wasn't the end of the nightmare...tank broke, they never fixed it. Then the real nightmare began - credit card fraud was next - 1 year later I see a charge on my statement for ActiveTemp for over $1000!!! I call them up and they tell me they 'didn't charge me enough' and that Mastercard agreed!! Of course Mastercard did nothing of the sort, they credited my account and went after Active Temp...still not over though, a year after that I get a notice from a finance company about an account - I know nothing about it and they send me the application and low and behold a FORGED application with all sorts of bogus info, phone numbers...and my signature FORGED! unbelieveable! I'm still with this nightmare 4 YEARS after the install. Frank is an absolute criminal...Manny R. the salesman is also a bonifide criminal too. PEEL Fraud Squad has a file on these guys and the finance company (crelogix) has had other similar incidents with this group of thugs. I hope they get nailed and thrown in jail for all the pain and suffering they have caused to me and all the others. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE GUYS!!

Toronto 123 Dec 04, 2010

Sahar1 is Frank's Wife. He changed his name a few times. His real Name is Babak Navarchi. Dear Sahar please do not force your kids (Atena 8 years old and Navid or Nick 14 years old) to come to this website and Wright positive comments for there step dad. This is a shame …………..

Unfortunately I agree with all this complains and the bad thing is, that he exactly knows what he is doing and he dose not even feel sorry for this entire scammed people.

Babak, I really feel Sorry for you and your Family. What goes around comes around

Bollockchops Oct 13, 2010

Now now…Domestic residents often have foreign sounding names. Let’s not jump to conclusions. We don’t need bigotry to smack this guy down.

Being in the business, and working for a large multi-channel retailer’s Home Improvements division, we have to represent honestly and professionally. We sell all kinds of products; from clothing to appliances and furniture. We can’t afford to lose your confidence. That is the face-insurance you get from the big guys. You always know where we all live.

Any Tankless Water Heater (TWH ) rep worth their salt should be carrying a water pressure meter. They should test your static water pressure, and the pressure with a fixture open. Neither reading should be below 40 psi; the minimum operating water pressure for almost all TWH.

Also, there must be sufficient gas supply. A typical residential gas meter will support a gas load of 350, 000 BTU. The smallest TWH draws a top load of 150, 000 BTU. Your 150, 000 BTU Pool Heater, plus 80, 000 BTU furnace, plus 80, 000 BTU Gas Range, leaves only 40, 000 BTU worth of load. Not enough to run the TWH. You will need an upgrade on your gas meter. Stay calm. There is no charge for this…yet. Simply contact Enbridge Gas and file a request for service upgrade. This will take a few weeks to be installed. Don’t even get me started on diameter of gas line versus length or run.

I hope this helped anyone out there who hasn’t been totally discouraged from going Tankless.

I would be pleased to answer any questions or even do a water pressure test for anyone in the GTA.
    Mail me at: billphvac at yahoo dot ca.

• Di
    DISAPPOINTED09 Oct 12, 2010

"MR.TINKLESS":-FRAUD, FRAUD AND SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!
    I had unit installed from Mr. Franklessemptyhead and they TELL YOU LIES, you pay RENT just like for your Enbridge water tank,
    ONLY you save up to $25. a month. Take TWO showers at the same time NO PROBLEM!-NOT TRUE!Try FREE for a month!!!
    WELL, we could not take two showers or even flush a toilet, so I asked them to remove the unit-NO WAY, they said.On top of that, AFTER THE INSTALLATION, they arranged the LOAN for me, put a LEAN on my HOUSE-high interest. OFF TO THE LAWYER WE GO.
    Where are the regulators to lock UP these foreign SCAMMERS!?

Bollockchops Sep 29, 2010

That is too funny...Sahari1...Hi Frank!

Anyone who has paid $350 for and energy rebate should have had a full Energy Audit inspection, and received a detailed energy analysis report from the NRCan ecoENERGY program.

This report would have indicated what your current energy usage is, and your potential energy savings if you performed a list of possible upgrades. (see picture) You would know if you had this done. At one point the Energy Advisor would have put a big fan in the front door and sucked the air out of the house. Also, within a few weeks you would have received a cheque for $150 from the Ontario Gov’t, which is intended to be used against the Closing Audit.

If this didn't happen, you will see no money, and Mr. Frankless should be charged with fraud.

I expect the Minions were oblivious to the fraud being perpetrated by this alleged shyster, but are very likely contractually responsible. As I understand it, Reps were not employees, but contractors, and as such their actions can be held at arms length from the core business. I bet they were coached about extracting the Audit Payment without understanding what they were getting themselves in to. If any of you guys out there have training documents or notes from the time you joined Mr. Tankless, hold on to them, and examine them to see if anywhere you have been told to sell the audit service. This could put the accountability back on Mr. Frankless. But then again I bet his trainers were also held at arms length. Damn…he reads this…I may be giving him ideas.

Comments

mohammed76 Sep 28, 2010

I use to do installs for him, he still owes me $6000.

mohammed76 Sep 28, 2010

Sahar1 is Frank on this thread, what an idiot, thats his wife's car licence plate

His real name is Babak Navarchi

Bollockchops Sep 16, 2010

Well its all over now but the crying...Mr. Tankless has gone tanks-up. www.MrTankless .ca now goes directly to the Ministry of Consumer Services online Complaint Form.

Perhaps those of you who got in early were the lucky ones.

Tankless Water Heaters are great but you ahve to go with a company with a track record, and a business to protect, like Sears or Direct.

safeb89 Jul 20, 2010

My company is owed 5k from Mr.tankless and he has vanished.
    Has anyone checked out "supertankless" the company has the exact same offers and exact same ugly ads. This must be his new cover.
    We called Super tankless and they claimed not to know who Frank is.
    I highly doubt Frank is even his real name.
    If anyone find out more info please keep posting and I will share any information my collection agency finds out as well.

• Fi
    Firestick Jul 13, 2010

SCAM!! I purchased a tankless water heater in Feb of 2010. Salesguy took the photo, still no rebate.
    At first was going to do rent to own then decided to buy outright instead and wrote a cheque. They came and installed it, took 6 hours, dirtied my basement, stole some tools from my workbench and we even gave them food because we felt bad for them...
    I've been calling the number too, nothing. My wife and I went to the office on Mural street, they're no longer there BUT the receptionist was still answering "Mr Tankless, hello". Go figure.

I will find him.

fra2 Jul 13, 2010

They collected $1, 000 as a deposit for installing an air conditioning unit at our church. We were informed that product will be ordered and installed within 2 weeks. Prior to collecting deposit, we were able to reach one of their reps. However red flags were raised when no one contacted us to confirm installation date once deposit was remitted. We've been unable to reach anyone and none of our voicemails have been returned.

A visit to their Richmond hill office was unproductive as we were informed that the company had relocated with no forwarding contact information or address.

Attemps to reach Frank (the owner) or Aidem the sales person has been futile. Shame on them for stealing from a church.

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE OR PAY ANY DEPOSITS.

June 2010

Mad in Toronto Jun 22, 2010

Our experience is simple. My father-in-law put a $1000 deposit down, with the guarantee that they would install. First time, they never showed up. Called and got an appointment for a second time, they show up 1.5 hours late, and say, we can't do anything, we don't know what to do. Call for a third time ... well, we're still waiting for that call.

In short, they've scammed my father-in-law $1000.

There is no doubt this is a scam. Since he obviously can't pay the cheques and is short-shifting everyone, we're taking it to the courts and we're going to take it to the police.

If anyone has any information on how to find Frank, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Mi
    Mississauga Resident Jun 09, 2010

Would someone know what is the process of getting the rebate. I had a Navien unit installed from Mr Tankless, and while the owner has kept saying that it will take 12 to 16 weeks to get the rebate checks, nothing has come in as yet. Total amount supposed to come in was $1050. There is now no answer from the [protected] number provided. In fact you can't even leave a message anymore, the message box is full.

Very displeased with the service provided

- toronto res Jun 04, 2010

I would like to think that this company is not out to scam. We installed our water tank in March 2010, the service and price was good though it took another visit to get the water tank installed properly.. were assured we would get a rebate 6-8 weeks after the purchase and to call the number to follow up. the number is now out of service and all other numbers that are on the invoice!
    seems strange...
    The only number I have to get an answer is Franks cell and even after numerous calls still no call back.
    Is this what you call a reputable business ?
    Scary !

• Mi
    Minger Jun 02, 2010

Had recently deal with this company, if i had seen all the negative comments on this company, I would not have deal with them. Everything they said is true. Could not not locate the company, all messages left are not answered. They are no longer at 95 Mural St.

Tough out there May 27, 2010

These guys installed the Tankless water tank and romoved the old one. Hopefully they have returned it to Direct Energy. Gave me a contract, lease to own @ 40.99 per month with first 3 months free on void check. but have been taking money every moth. Also took $350.00 inspection fee to get govt rebate of 750.00, to date no rebate has arrived.
    Have been sending e-mails and leaving phone messages, with no return phone call from any of the extensions, when dialing thier toll free of regular number. Will not recomend doing business with them ever. Their rating on BBB is F which is the worst!
    Stay away from these scammers!

• Mr
    Mr. Cockless May 15, 2010

I agree when people say this is a scam company!
    To start with...Mr. tankless said that they would "payout" the existing contract on my old water heater and that they would also remove it...2 months later and a phone call at least once a day and the old tank is in my garage and I'm still paying rental on my old tank!
    Never deal with this company...Any one with complaints should do as I am and file with the cunsumers beurue...they will take some time but in the end revoke his business licence.
    Getting a lawyer is expensive and will put you in line with a long list of lawyers all waiting their turn.
    Frank is a scam artist and will probably put his companies under and re open under a nother name some where in the future...best place for him is in Afganastan with an American flag tatooed to his [censor]!!!
    I believe in Karma...his day is coming fast!

Nick4321 May 05, 2010

So far they are the largest investors in the tankless business and have the highest client base all across ontario. If they were such bad company why is it that people and the most largest advertising companies deal with them. The other interesting part about this is that they are now under the enbridge gas bill, which is very important they are only few companies that have the credit to do so. They are now on television as well and we all know that media on tv cost about $250000 a month. I have searched for the name of the incorp and navarchi is not the person. It is obvious that these are comments from other competitive companies which like to bring this company down. Just like other companies such as direct energy and so on because they are loosing money everyday by having their tanks out and replaced by mr tankless. As far as the rebates go ? they are in business for more then 3 years !! don't you think they would of been out by now. Sorry you can say what you like to say about mr tankless but i would like to see a real comment from a real person with their info so we could all know that you are not a hating company but a real costumer with complain!! Other then that these are all non sense threats to a large copmpany. Thank you

John Mill Apr 30, 2010

this is a fraud company...they charge everyone an audit fee which they call it inspection fee and basically never do the audit. They sent their salesguys to take a picture and they claim that can apply with the stupid pictures they take. No AUDITS HAS BEEN DONE AND NO REBATES WILL BE GIVEN. Mr. Tankless is a bankrupt company and they are holding it together with screwing people up. I've done a company search on them and they don't even have a proper GST number. I don't know why they charge GST if they aren't even registered with the government. My wife is in the process of filing a lawsuit against them. This company will be gone in a matter of NO TIME. so as the owner BABAK NAVARCHI aka FRANK PIROOZI

• This is guy Frank only will take your deposit cash your cheque then when it comes to install this company will call the day of telling you to pay certified cheque before the installers or give your credit card number now then when you tell them you will pay when the job is done no one comes and you have to call to get bs excueses why they were no shows. He will drag it on rebooking and have his General Manager Manu smooth talk you saying you are right and we want happy customers and beg you to re book offering you extra stuff during the 10day cooling time then on day 10 no show screwing you for your several hundred dollars deposit. It is worth paying more money from any repitable company at least it will get installed and properly and if it has problem well in a year you have a company which will be around to fufill its 1 year free service and repair. These guys are just a bunch of 25-35 year old partiers who will eventually get what is coming to them due to their Karma.

Frankthelooser Apr 27, 2010

Nick are you stupid ?
    ask for referal that Frank set his jack ### people to do the referals
    what a joke this company is, this site is set up for fraud and scam, perfect place to discuss MrTankless and the owner FRANK the looser loooooooooool
    You guys are a fraud company, you and many others that defend him, stop kissing Franks ### and get real

Nick4321 Apr 25, 2010

The funny thing is that this is a fraud site. They make some stupid comments then asking the companies to pay and get it cleared offffff.loooool
    Who ever reads on this site about the reputation of a company is a moran. YOU ALWAYS ASKE FOR REFERALS PEOPLE

• Un
    UnhappyinGTA2009 Apr 19, 2010

Terrible company. I purchased a tankless from Mr. Tankless, and Active Temp Control installed the unit. The installers took 14 hours to install my water heater, and left their shoes on during the install - my entire house was muddy. There was no water or gas during this time, adn they got upset with ME when they couldn't use the washroom because there was no water!! They only cleaned up when I forced them to after they were about to leave - and they barely cleaned. The 3 men installing the unit were rude to me and my family - they were yelling and screaming at each other, with a lot of swearing. My young son heard it all. I would never recommend this company to install anything. We have had a lot of renos done in our home and everyone else we have had come in has been professional and done great quality work. I would never recommend this company nor buy from them again. Don't buy from them - its not worth the headache. When I called to complain, no one returned my call or my questions. Seriously - buy from someone else.

• Co
    Concerned Consumer 900 Apr 16, 2010

To All,

For those that think Mr. Tankless (also known as; Ontario Direct Energy, Ensource) is the owner of the following companies, "Active Temp Control, Tankless City, Ontario Energy Group (OEG)". He is not and never has been... These companinies are reputable businesses that still exist to this day and can easily be found. Mr Tankless took advantage of these companies to help build his corupt joke empire by using their resources. He has screwed them all and possibly more. None of them wish to do business with him anymore and are now trying to rehabilitate their reputation. He is known to promote false rebates and has collected money from unsuspecting individuals to provide an energy audit with a simple picture. These poor souls are out not only their $300+ for the audit but also the rebates since a real audit was never performed.

frankpiloozathelooza is correct when he writes that he owes Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, National Post, Globe and Mail, Revenue Canada, Money Saver, Active Temp Control, Ontario Energy Group (OEG), installers, sales reps, plus most suppliers.

Sahar1. Please defend these statements if you can

Nick4321 Apr 12, 2010

If they were such a bad company no one would talk about them so much. SUUUUUUUCK IT

Nick4321 Apr 12, 2010

jelus ediot.mr tankless sales over 2000 tankless water heaters a month. loooooool. losers

• Ku
    kumpao Apr 12, 2010

Frank88 you ###! Instead of trying to correct other people's mistakes and bad mouthing, why don't you first go to ESL and obedience classes (for dogs). It is grammar by the way!
    Just state your personal experiences folks, please, it will help people like me shopping for a tankless water heater.

Nick4321 Mar 28, 2010

Tankless water heater is the way to go and direct energy has probebly made this site and complaint up to hold on to there hot water tank profits which is about 2000000 per month. That is the truth people

Frank88 Mar 23, 2010

BS scam scam scam they are the best scamer

Frank88 Mar 23, 2010

It sound so stupid 70000 "happy" employee and look at the gramer "wasent", welthy", please go to ESL class and educate yourself,
    It is so obviouse taht you are one of his people and defending his stupid scams and frauds

Frank88 Mar 23, 2010

This sound so stupid the way they defend him and his companey, it is so obviouse lol
    look at the gramer "wasent" or 70000 employee please, get a real life and stop scaming poor people

Marco.Vagabondo Mar 01, 2010

I bought my tankless water heater from Mr. Tankless 3 months ago and I'm very happy. The installation went smooth and professional. The product is saving me money and works great. I met Frank, didn't know he is the owner until reading these comments, seemed like a really nice guy, a pleasure to do business with. Whoever is writing these negative reviews needs to get a life, I would recommend Mr. Tankless to family and friends anytime. A++ job guys, keep up the good work!!!

• Se
    SEAN777 Mar 01, 2010

The lowest rate and best service ever :-)

Nick4321 Feb 25, 2010

Every one wants to know who and where are you commenting from?