Green Mountain Energy Logo

Green Mountain Energy

Having problems with Green Mountain Energy?

Green Mountain Energy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 7, 2009. The latest review Turned over to collection agency for an account that is not mine. Have never been to houston, texas was posted on Nov 2, 2020. The latest complaint letter of credit was resolved on Jul 03, 2017. Green Mountain Energy has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 40 reviews. Green Mountain Energy has resolved 22 complaints.

Green Mountain Energy Customer Service Contacts

+1 512 691 6100 (Head Office)
+1 888 380 9410 (Employee Directory)
+1 800 494 4000 (Power Outages Or Other Emergencies)
+1 800 274 5289 (Illinois)
+1 877 473 3646 (Maryland)
+1 844 245 9583 (Massachusetts)
+1 844 245 9582 (New Jersey)
+1 800 636 5690 (New York)
+1 800 286 5856 (Pennsylvania)
1303 San Antonio Street, Suite 700
Austin, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Green Mountain Energy Customer Service. Initial Green Mountain Energy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Green Mountain Energy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Green Mountain Energy. Discuss the issues you have had with Green Mountain Energy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Green Mountain Energy Complaints & Reviews

Green Mountain EnergyTurned over to collection agency for an account that is not mine. Have never been to houston, texas

I contacted Green Mountain Energy when I saw on my Equifax credit report that they had turned me over to a collection agency for an account that is clearly not mine. They have informed me that I need two identity theft reports, one from my local police department which is in the works and one from FTC . I have tried to file request online from FTC and can't seem to give them enough information to satisfy them. The young lady from Green Mountain that called me this morning gave me account number for claim being disputed as [protected]-4. I am nearly 74 yrs old with excellent credit and this negative report on Equifax has greatly affected my rating. Have tried several times to talk to someone at Equifax but keep getting automated service and at the end being told they can not send me free copy of my credit report, why I do not know. Am thoroughly disgusted with what these companies are allowed to get away with.

Green Mountain Energyelectric service

I was a green mountain customer for over four years. I just found out they switched my account with my neighbor and I own a tiny house so I overpaid severely for over 3 years. Basically this happened because I owned both houses until 2015. When I sold one house they took me off the wrong account. Oncor discovered this error (they called it an inadvertent gain in electrical lingo) during an investigation and now green mountain refuses to correct it. They even reported me to the collection agency for refusing to pay the last erroneous bill. My neighbor said their last bill was 32.77 and mine was 247.00 so I am not paying it I only owe 32.77 (which makes sense because I moved out and turn everything off but the fridge). I think I estimate I have paid about 1500.00 to much over 3 years. And also when I cut off my service my neighbor actually had service cut off instead because accounts were switched and they had to go to a motel in the middle of the night with their 2 year old and then they had to pay a 500.00 dollar deposit to have service turned back on even though I had cut it off.in addition to that my neighbors were told to get an electrician to come out when it kept getting cut on and off. It cost them 800.00 and they will never see that money again. Beware you have been warned about how they do business. I am now contacting an attorney, filing a complaint with the texas public utility commission, and the attorney general. Update: someone contacted me after this post from gm and during the conversation confirmed that they received a report from the december 17th oncor investigation on december the 26th. They put me on hold to file a dispute for reimbursement then came back and abruptly told me they could not help as it was under investigation with the texas public utility commission and the other department handling the matter had not concluded or discovered the error yet. Really??? Really??? Will the other department ever discover that error??? I will keep this updated. Its one thing to make a mistake-we all do and the average consumer knows this. Its another not to make it right. I will update this post if green mountain comes clean and treats me fairly. I want to be fair but I don't want anyone going through what I have gone through.

electric service

Green Mountain Energy Companyelectricity

I was a Green Mountain customer for over four years. I just found out they switched my account with my neighbor and I own a tiny house so I overpaid severely for over 3 years. Oncor discovered this error (they called it an inadvertent gain in electrical lingo) during an investigation and now Green Mountain refuses to correct it. They even reported me to the collection agency for refusing to pay the last erroneous bill. My neighbor said their last bill was 40.00 and mine was 147.00 so I am not paying it I only owe 40.00. I think I estimate I have paid about 3000.00 to much over 3 years. And also when I cut off my service my neighbor actually had service cut off instead because accounts were switched and they had to go to a motel in the middle of the night with their 2 year old and then they had to pay a 500.00 dollar deposit to have service turned back on even though I had cut it off. BEWARE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED about how they do business. I am now contacting an attorney, filing a complaint with the Texas Public Utility Commission, and the Attorney General.

Green Mountain Energy Company — final notice

I have been with Green Mountain for ten years and at my current location for over three years. I have never...

Green Mountain Energy Company — letter of credit

I concluded my 12-month residential electricity contract with Green Mountain Energy Company on June 22, 2017...

Green Mountain Energybilling

I m on deferred payment plan. I removed myself from avg billing and wasn't informed that I'd have to pay the deferred plus current. I thought in was doing cheaper by getting of avg billing since the bills readings were cheaper on regular billing. Right now my bill is 264. After I was told to pay the down payment of 80 yesterday. Idk how this works but my bill has never been that high and I am going to switch carriers... They are ridiculous.. This whole company is full of [censor] with billing

Green Mountain Energyseparate transactions unauthorized

If and when charging a new service fee etc., why on earth would it take two separate transactions.I never approved or authorized green mountain to use my info in two separate transactions.Its ludicrous that i only authorize a one time payment monthly, but they take it upon themselves to do a separate transaction, without permission for.10cents...Obviously its not the amount, however if i get charged additional for the ten cents itll be an outrage..Charge me .10 cents but within the allowed one time transaction.I talked to reps who c ouldnt comprehend my anger, or the principle..I will be changing providers, if you take it upon yourself to use my info in two separate transactions, with only one being ok'd, how do i know it wont happen again, and that next time it wont be more, i cant take the chance.I didn't mention that if funds weren't in my account the first transaction wouldn't have been allowed, it would've declined, but their saying the unapproved second, ten cent transaction was to make sure my card was credible?

Green Mountain Energybilling department and customer service

All started on 12/10/15: due to credit card # change, I had to call with new number. Did so. Told I was told I was taken off automatic billing and would have to go on line to re-establish. I did, same day. The billing department and customer service are evidently not connected as they keep increasing my bills and saying past due. After more calls on 1/4, 1/7 the problem has never been corrected and the billing department keeps on billing me with late fees, bank fees and disconnect threats both via email and us mail. I tried calling today... They're closed. On 1/7, I was told to contact the bank because they were turning down the auto payments. Called the bank. The bank has never received any requests for withdrawals from green mountain in december or january and have never charge my account for any fees for returning any payment requests. This is all happening within green mountain departments. They now have a note on my account, "no checks, no credit cards". So how do I pay? I have been told twice that they are removing this flag. As of today 1/10/16, I am still unable to pay my bill on line. The payment requested to satisfy the problems on 1/7 was $51.82. I pulled up my bill today and it now shows $163.98 pass due and threats disconnect again! Beyond frustrating!

Green Mountain Energyextra fees on bill

Green Mountain energy is a total rip off. I was not aware nor informed in the initial contract that if I am late paying not only do I have a late charge but I also incur a $20 disconnection notice fee. Ridiculous, when the electric has not been turned off.

Green Mountain Energy — fraudulent business practice

Beware of the salespeople from green mountain energy who sell from door to door and the people that trained...

Green Mountain Energynot very green

For a company that prides itself on green credentials, their pricing structure rewards the largest consumers & financially penalizes the more frugal electricity user. Check their rates. From 0 up to 500 is the highest charge per KWh, with the rate dropping from 501 to 1000 KWh & dropping even further if you use over 1000 up to 2000KWh. So to get the best rate, leave all the lights on, have all appliances running all the time & let your neighbors run extension leads from your outlets to their homes! Bottom line, if you try to make as small a carbon footprint as possible, Green Mountain Energy will give you a swift kick in the nuts & thank you for your business! Yay environment!

Green Mountain Energy — switched energy service from a former energy supplier without my permission

Energy supplier called “ Green Mountain Energy” switched energy service from a former Energy supplier “ PECO...

Churchville

Green Mountain Energyunauthorized disconnection notice

I started with this company in April 2014 and it's been the most horrible experience. They charge for unauthorized late fees with no notice. Then if you make a payment arrangement they still charge late fees. Telling you that s verbal agreement isn't good enough. They don't give you no grace period to pay your bill. I was expecting to get my check 2days later than expected and they said "you are still going to be charged a late fee because we had to send out a notice" but I still have yet to receive. Do Not Sign up with this company, they will nickel and dime you for breathing. Horrible!!!

Green Mountain Energy Company — harassment

I was approached by a Green Mountain Representative while out in the city. He spoke to me about their PECO...

Green Mountain Energy — service / billing

No notice given my bill went from 200 to 553. When I called they basicly said it is what is. They gave me no...

Green Mountain Energy — wrongful power disconnection

I was placed on a payment plan March 5th, 2014. I was told by the representative that set me up on a payment...

Green Mountain Energybilling and customer service

Green Mountain Energy changed our pricing structure without notice and refused to correct their billing. Their supervisor, Sergio, was rude, telling me I was irresponsible in taking care of my bills. Wouldn't let me speak with a manager or give me a manager name and said he'd ask a manager to call me back. When I asked to wait he told me their managers were busy doing other things.

I would avoid this company at all costs.

Green Mountain Energycharges

I was living in apt #2606 and moved to apt #3604 in the same apartment complaex and i called green mountain to transfer the services from my earlier apartment to new apartment, they transferred the services but they didn't changed the move out date from the earlier apartment.
                      However i have moved out from the earlier and moved in to the new apartment #3604 on 08/30/2013.
                      But now Green Mountain has send me a bill of $41.00 for apt #2606 which i left on 08/30/2013 and they are saying that they didn't changed the move out date, thus they have charged me till 09/18/2013.
                      And they have debited this amount from ny deposit refund check.

Green Mountain Energybilling / unfair fees

Green Mountain Energy has the most unfair practices of any electric company I've ever been associated with. Recently, when my family moved from one residence to another, I missed the due date of payments from both residents, the old one and the new. I was charged $20 twice on the bill from the old residence for a disconnect processing fee (according to customer service, that is for sending out a letter to warn you of a future disconnect). Then on top of that, there was a late payment penalty of $7.80. ($47.80 charges so far)! when you are the mother of two children and both parents work full time jobs, bills sometimes fall through the cracks. I mean let's face it, moving is a pain when you take on the challenge without the use of a moving company. The bill for the new residence took no time to arrive and that's exactly what happened...we over-looked it. I had no idea we would be charged a disconnect order charge of $25, a reconnect order processing fee of $15, and a late payment penalty of $9.66. Another $50!! Customer service was only willing to remove one of the $20 fees which seemed like a mistake to me in the first place!!! Thankfully, I am no longer in a contract and can take my business elsewhere!

Green Mountain Energyfraud

A Green Mountain Energy Salesman kept coming around trying to switch us. We learned from a previous experience that their prices are significantly higher that other services. This is hard to see the difference at the door because they don't show you the bottom-line rate you will pay. We repeatedly told him we were not interested.

Unfortunately, my mentally disabled brother-in-law was at home and answered the door. My BIL is in his 40's; no bank account; can not count change; he could not manage any financial responsibilities on his own; not to mention he is not on any of the utilities or other bills. Not knowing any better, he showed the salesperson the bill but did not authorize any switch of service. We were used to paying $20-40 and with GME it jumped to over $200! We did complain to the State and the person taking the call stated they receive a lot of similar complaints specifically about GME. I can not imagine all of the people this FRAUD ridden organization is taking advantage of.

The rude lady at GME stated "eventhough" my BIL is mentally disabled, because he is over 18 and lives in the house, he has the right to change any bill he wishes to. My wife used to call our current utility before I added her name but they would not even talk to her because her name was not on the account. The rude GME lady said there was nothing we can do about it . . .; Well, I can tell as many people as possible!

• Gr
                              GreenMtnEnergy Sep 16, 2013

Hello, we take issues like these very seriously. Please call Tracey Adams at [protected] and she will help you. Thank you.

• Re
                              rekasa28 Sep 06, 2013

just as Deborah answered I'm shocked that anyone can make $8691 in 4 weeks on the internet. have you read this site http://www.mac22.com