Mitsubishi — reneging on contract
On 28/7/08 my wife signed a sales contract with Dandenong Mitsubishi for the purchase of a Mitsubishi Lancer vehicle. Included and shown in the contract was $1000 of fuel. We requested (and paid for) side curtain airbags to be fitted to the vehicle. The dealer lead us to believe that the vehicle would be available within a few days, this slowly stretched out to 12/8/08, the excuses being that :-
1. the airbags had to be fitted by Mitsubishi Australia,
2. they could not locate a vehicle in another dealership that had the airbags fitted.
3. There was a vehicle on a ship in port with airbags fitted.
We were finally advised that we could take delivery on 12/8/08 which we did. We were advised at the time that the free $1000 of fuel was organized by Mitsubishi Australia and would be forthcoming within 2 to 4 weeks.
After 4 weeks I rang the dealership and was advised that it usually took 6 to 8 weeks and not to worry. I became suspicious and rang Mitsubishi Australia. They told me that although they had a record of the sale we were not entitled to the fuel as the vehicle had been delivered after the fuel option expired. I pointed out that :-
1. We had been told at the time of purchase that the fuel would be supplied.
2. No mention had been made of it being subject to a delivery date.
3. The delay in delivery was due to their inability to supply the vehicle when ordered and was beyond my control.
4. The fuel was shown in the purchase contract as included in the price of the vehicle.
5. There was no mention in the contract of the fuel being subject to any delivery times.
The situation has now developed into a tennis match, with me being the ball, as Mitsubishi Australia alternately claim that
1. we are not entitled to the fuel
2. They hold the dealership responsible and are contacting them.
3. The dealership will not return their calls.
I believe that the strategy is to frustrate me until I give up and go away.
More Mitsubishi Complaints & Reviews
- Mitsubishi / WD-Y65 Projection TV - $249.00 lamp went out in 13 months!
- Mitsubishi WD-52631 TV - bad product, worse service!
- Red Deer Mitsubishi - falsifing work orders then not performing the work
- Mitsubishi WD-73927 DLP Projection TV - terrible after sales service!
- Mitsubishi - useless service center
- El Seoudi Group - front windshield
- Arian Motor/ Mitsubishi Asx - there is no respect to costomers
- Mitsubishi Motors - oem starter and alternators meant to be scrapped was instead auctioned off
- Mitsubishi Motors - door handle
- Mitsubishi - constant emails for no reason