Melaleucadidn't honor a credit

M

A friend called and asked if I would be interested in ordering from her company. To help out a friend, I said yes. The overpriced order came and I thought that was the end of that. A month later a package from Melaleuca came to my house. I hadn't ordered it so I sent it back. Two months, two packages and two returns later I called my friend and asked to have them stopped. She said yes but not before the company, without my knowledge or permission, took money from my account. Melaleuca wouldn't return my money and would only give me a store credit. When I went to use the credit, they told me that it had expired. They are a company of thieves.

jomo79 Apr 06, 2011

melaluca are terrible i was trying to cancel my account by fax and post for months unreal kept saying hadnt received it! Now after agreeing and i have a copy of email to proof of what they said that they would give me refund of over 200 euro for goods not received and since i had be trying to cancel amy account for months. Now they say i only get a credit and after sending them a copy of what they agree. since the 21st march i haven't got an answer and been fobbed off. totally unprofessional service. irt may be a matter that i need to look into furthur

• Tr
    Truth Teller Jul 08, 2010

Credits on your Melaleuca account never expire so I have a hard time believing that part of your story.

This sad situation has nothing to do with Melaleuca and has EVERYTHING to do with the dishonest person who signed you up. Signing up to be a committed customer every month IS what you sign up to do. You agree to stop shopping at Wal Mart (or wherever) and redirect that same money to Melaleuca every month. This should have been clearly explained to you and obviously it wasn't.

When it is explained properly and you redirect the same money from the grocery stores and instead get better, safer products from Melaleuca, it really is a lot of fun and very enjoyable.

I'm sorry some dishonest person mislead you but once you were in a contract with Melaleuca, they were legally bound to deliver the products to you so they had to send them and keep sending them until you canceled your account via fax or mail and the agreement you entered into clearly says in bold print that cancellations have to be received by the 25th of the month. You agreed to this when signing up.

They do let you cancel at any time for any reason but it has to be done in writing as it is a legal agreement obligating them to provide products and obligating you to pay for them.

If you have any other questions, email me at [email protected]

Mark

• Jc
    jc1219 Jun 03, 2010

that would of been you back order that kept coming to house every month and when you signed up you sign the contract authorizing them to send (and charge you) a monthly back up order if ou did not place one by the end of the month...your friend should of explained that all to you before you signed up