Menu
StyleSeat Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

StyleSeat
reviews & complaints

www.styleseat.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 14 Reviews

StyleSeat Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
3 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with StyleSeat at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for StyleSeat has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of StyleSeat. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest StyleSeat reviews & complaints

S
1:50 am EST

StyleSeat Avoid at all costs

Keishon Gist's, can I get my refund since u NEVER did any work an because I cancelled within 10 minutes of booking after the stylist site finally decided to work an I saw the work u claim u can do but can't ...I won't be back, would NEVER recommend

View 0 more photos
Update by Shica

View 0 more photos
F
11:04 pm EDT

StyleSeat StyleSeat Review: Hidden Fees and Disappointing Experience

I recently used StyleSeat to book a hair service and I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with the experience. I thought I was paying $135 for the service, but when I got the receipt, it said my total was actually $195! I was pretty upset about this and decided to contact customer support to see what was going on.

To my surprise, they told me that StyleSeat charges a small service fee on top of the price of the service. I had no idea about this and felt like it was a bit unfair. I mean, why not just include the fee in the price of the service so customers know exactly what they're paying for?

To make matters worse, when I tried to cancel my appointment, I found out that there was a $50 cancellation fee! I couldn't believe it. It felt like there were so many hidden fees and charges that I wasn't aware of when I booked the appointment.

Overall, I have to say that my experience with StyleSeat was pretty disappointing. While I appreciate the convenience of being able to book appointments online, I don't think it's worth it if I'm going to end up paying way more than I expected. I would definitely think twice before using this service again.

O
10:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat StyleSeat Review: Convenient Booking and Real-Time Availability for Independent Stylists

I recently started using StyleSeat to book appointments with my hairstylist and it has made my life so much easier. Before, my stylist worked independently and rented a stall at a salon, which meant that I had to text her to make an appointment. It was a hassle going back and forth trying to find a time that worked for both of us.

But now that she's on StyleSeat, I can view her calendar and book an appointment with just a few clicks. It's so convenient and saves me a lot of time. I'm so glad she signed up for this service because I don't think I could handle any more text appointments, even though she's the best stylist for my hair type.

One thing I really like about StyleSeat is that it's easy to use. The website is user-friendly and I can quickly find my stylist's profile and book an appointment. I also appreciate that I can see her availability in real-time, so I know exactly when she's free.

Another great feature of StyleSeat is that it allows me to leave reviews for my stylist. This is helpful because it lets other people know about her skills and professionalism. It also helps my stylist improve her services based on feedback from her clients.

Overall, I highly recommend StyleSeat to anyone who wants to book appointments with independent stylists. It's a great way to save time and hassle, and it's also a great way to support small businesses.

Is StyleSeat legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals StyleSeat as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, StyleSeat stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering StyleSeat should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

StyleSeat earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: StyleSeat achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

StyleSeat has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Styleseat.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows StyleSeat website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Styleseat.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Styleseat.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with StyleSeat, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

StyleSeat website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• StyleSeat protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to StyleSeat. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
J
9:35 pm EDT

StyleSeat StyleSeat Review: Easy Booking, But Payment Process Needs Improvement

I recently used StyleSeat to book an appointment with a hair stylist. While the website was easy to navigate and I was able to find a stylist that fit my needs, I did have some issues with the payment process.

Firstly, I was charged a booking fee which I wasn't aware of until after I had confirmed my appointment. This fee was automatically added to my card, along with a 20% tip which I also didn't have the option to manually adjust. I think it would be better if customers had more control over the payment process, as it can be frustrating to have charges added without your consent.

Another issue I encountered was when my stylist cancelled my appointment. Unfortunately, StyleSeat doesn't offer refunds for booking fees, so I was out of pocket for a service I never received. I understand that cancellations happen, but it would be nice if there was some kind of refund policy in place for situations like this.

Finally, I had a problem with double charging when my stylist asked to be paid in cash. I paid her in cash, but StyleSeat still charged my card for the full amount, including the tip. It was a hassle to get this sorted out and I'm not sure if I would use the service again because of it.

Overall, I think StyleSeat has potential to be a great platform for booking beauty services, but there are definitely some kinks that need to be worked out. If you decide to use the service, just be aware of the potential issues with payment and refunds.

O

StyleSeat Unprofessional Booking Experience with StyleSeat: My Review

I recently used StyleSeat to book an appointment with a stylist. At first, I was hesitant about the stylist because I didn't know her, but she seemed nice enough. However, I was charged a booking fee and had to pay the balance if I paid through StyleSeat. I didn't mind this, but the hairdresser didn't seem to know about the holding fee or booking fee.

I ended up paying in cash, but my daughter was charged the entire fee instead of just the remainder. As someone who works hard for their money, I was not happy about this. It made me wonder who runs this company because it seemed so unprofessional.

I plan on disputing the charges with my bank and FC because I don't think it's fair to just give out money like that. Overall, my experience with StyleSeat was not great and I wouldn't recommend it to others.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat Unprofessionalism and Jealousy at Curl da World: My Disappointing Experience with Ashleigh Owens

I recently tried to book an appointment with Curl da World through StyleSeat for February 2023 with Ashleigh Owens. Unfortunately, I received a cancellation notification just two hours before my appointment was scheduled to take place. To make matters worse, I also received a text from the stylist explaining that she wouldn't be able to do my hair because I had obtained services from another stylist, and that it was creating awkwardness between them.

Naturally, I was confused and frustrated by this turn of events. I reached out to Ashleigh to ask why my appointment had been cancelled, and she explained the situation to me. I couldn't help but wonder why it was such a big deal if I wanted to get my hair done by someone else. After all, if Ashleigh was booked up or had other plans, it shouldn't be a problem for me to see another available stylist.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed by the unprofessionalism of this shop. Ashleigh even advised me to book my appointment at another salon, which was a major inconvenience for me. It's clear that there is a lot of jealousy and envy among the stylists at this shop, which is a shame. I hope that they can work out their issues and provide better service to their clients in the future.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat Beware of StyleSeat: Scam or Poor Customer Service?

I'm a professional cosmetologist and I recently started using StyleSeat for my business. I've had a few clients book appointments through the platform and I was pleased to see that they were charged immediately. I received a notification stating that the clients had been charged and that my money would be dispersed in two days. However, the next day I received another notification stating that the clients had been charged for a tip as well.

Fast forward a week and I still haven't received any money in my bank account. I've tried calling the number provided to speak with someone, but it's just an automated system. I've also sent several emails, but all I received were automatic responses telling me to log onto the website and go to the helpline. I've contacted them multiple times regarding my money, but I haven't heard anything back.

To be honest, I'm starting to think that StyleSeat is a scam. It's really unfortunate that I had to find out like this. If you're considering using their platform for your business, I would proceed with caution. I'm only giving them one star because I couldn't submit my review without rating them. In reality, they don't deserve any stars at all.

Overall, I'm really disappointed with my experience with StyleSeat. As a professional cosmetologist, I rely on timely payments to keep my business running smoothly. It's frustrating to have to deal with this kind of issue, especially when there's no one to speak with directly. I hope that StyleSeat can improve their customer service and payment processes in the future.

StyleSeat Unreliable and Untrustworthy: My Experience with StyleSeat

So, I had an appointment scheduled with a stylist through StyleSeat. However, the stylist emailed me less than 24 hours before the appointment to inform me that it needed to be rescheduled. I let her know that I could only come the next day or else I would have to cancel and find someone else to book. Unfortunately, the stylist never responded to my message.

I reached out to StyleSeat with screenshots of the email and text messages from the stylist attempting to reschedule after the 24 hour deadline. However, all they told me was that their team was not able to cancel appointments and that I would have to reach out to the stylist to cancel or reschedule since it was past the 24 hour mark.

I tried reaching out to the stylist again, but still no response. I'm not sure what my next step should be. While StyleSeat has a great system in place to protect their stylists from scams, it seems like they don't have the same level of protection for paying customers.

To make matters worse, I was given the option to cancel the appointment if I paid 50% of the appointment fee. I don't understand why I should have to pay for something that I didn't receive because the stylist was the one who wanted to cancel or reschedule. It all seems like a scam to me.

I've been using StyleSeat for years because my previous hairstylist used the platform, but now that I've moved to a new area and needed someone new, I'm realizing that the site may not be as reliable or trustworthy as I thought. I'll be deleting my account after this is resolved.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat StyleSeat Review: Poor Customer Service and Technical Issues Result in Lost Business

I recently tried to add my salon, Southern Girl Luxe Hair, to StyleSeat and unfortunately, I ran into a few issues. Firstly, I had trouble resetting my password and had to contact support. However, it took them two whole days to respond, which was a bit too long for my liking.

The same day, I encountered another issue where I was unable to add services to my profile. This resulted in me having two profiles for two different accounts, which made it impossible for me to book appointments. The save button was faded and I couldn't click on it, which was a problem that persisted for five days. Even after that, I only received an automated response saying that they were sorry for the delay and that they had high issues to resolve. It's been two weeks now and I still haven't received any support to resolve this issue. I'm at my wit's end and have just emailed them to delete both of my accounts.

To add insult to injury, I received two marketing text messages within five minutes offering me a "profile boost" and telling me how stylists benefit when they stay on StyleSeat. It's frustrating because StyleSeat has been highly detrimental to the success of my new business. If I continue waiting for them to get me up and running on their booking app, I'll lose far more business than I already have.

It's clear that StyleSeat is making an extraordinary amount of money every month without having to offer good customer service or talk to their "valued customers". It's time to cancel StyleSeat. There are too many other booking apps out there to be ignored by StyleSeat. This is what happens when you deal with tech people who raise a crap load of start-up capital pitching a "great app idea" to investors and don't take care of the customer service side of business.

StyleSeat StyleSeat Review: Unethical Business Practices and High Fees

I'm a licensed cosmetologist and I've been using StyleSeat for about six years now, but I have to say that things have changed. Since the pandemic, they've started charging clients really high fees that we stylists weren't even aware of. They charge a booking fee and an automatic 20% tip, which is just ridiculous. And they even put our accounts on automatic payments, so they charge the clients automatically after the service, even if we don't prefer payment through their platform. It's gotten so bad that I've had to zero out my clients' balances just so they can pay me directly, but even then, StyleSeat still charges their card!

To make matters worse, they don't allow clients to cancel and instead tell them to contact the stylist directly. But when they come into the salon, we can't cancel either because it says the service has already started. And to top it off, they don't even have a direct customer service phone number, only email. I can only imagine how many emails they get every day from their unethical business practices.

When they do finally answer the email, they apologize to the client and make it seem like we stylists are the ones controlling the narrative. But in reality, we can't do anything about it either. It's just a mess and it makes us stylists look bad when it's really the platform's fault.

And if that wasn't enough, they've started asking me to pay $50 upfront just to take on a client who wants to book with me. Like, seriously? I'm not going to pay you $50 just to take a client. And they've become so aggressive about it too, it's just terrible.

I started looking up reviews and watching videos from other people on YouTube and TikTok, and it seems like everyone is having the same issues. StyleSeat is just a terrible platform and I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat Disappointing Experience with StyleSeat: Poor Quality, Lack of Attention to Detail, and Frustrating Customer Service

I recently had an experience with StyleSeat that left me feeling disappointed and frustrated. I went in for a wig install and was charged $200, plus a $40 tip. While I didn't mind leaving a tip, I was unhappy with the quality of the work and felt that the stylist didn't deserve it.

When I got home and had a chance to really look at the wig, I noticed several issues. First, I had asked for color when I walked in, but the stylist didn't wash the wig or offer me color options. Additionally, the wig was placed too far down on my forehead. I waited for an hour and a half without an apology, and the stylist seemed more focused on a visitor who came in during my appointment.

The second time I went in, I asked for color and layers on a new wig. The stylist took four hours to color the wig, but the color didn't take. She blamed the quality of the wig, which I understood. However, when I got home, I noticed that the hairline of the wig had been completely cut off. This was a frontal wig, and the stylist didn't try to create a natural hairline after cutting it off. There were no layers in my hair, and all she did was curl it for about 10 minutes.

The following day, I noticed that the hairline wasn't glued down and was standing off my forehead. The mesh was also white, which should have been colored during the prep process. I called the stylist and asked for a redo, but she only glued the wig and didn't bother to style it or even plug in her curling iron. I was so disappointed that I didn't even bother going back for a third appointment.

Overall, I felt that the stylist wasn't focused on me as a customer and was more interested in her other visitors. She had an attitude when I came back in and didn't say anything to me for at least half an hour. To make matters worse, she asked me to go to my bank to get cash without any prior notice. I wish I had taken a photo of the wig, as it was so poorly done that I had to wear a hat to go to the store.

In conclusion, I wouldn't recommend StyleSeat based on my experience. While I understand that everyone makes mistakes, the lack of attention to detail and poor customer service left me feeling frustrated and disappointed.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat Mixed Feelings About StyleSeat: Great for Finding Stylists, But Customer Service Needs Improvement

I was pretty upset about this because I had already taken time off work to get my hair done and now I was out 25 bucks. I tried to reach out to customer service but it was a hassle to get a response. Eventually, they refunded me the fee but it took a while.

Overall, I think StyleSeat is a decent platform for finding stylists but they need to work on their customer service. It's frustrating when you have an issue and can't get a timely response. Also, the cancellation fee policy seems a bit unfair. I understand that stylists need to protect their time but charging a fee when they cancel on you seems like a double standard.

That being said, I have found some great stylists on StyleSeat and appreciate the convenience of being able to book appointments online. It's definitely worth checking out if you're in need of a new stylist. Just be aware of the cancellation policy and make sure you're comfortable with it before booking.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat StyleSeat Scam Alert: Beware of Deceptive Charges and Poor Customer Service

So, I was looking for a place to get my hair done and stumbled upon StyleSeat. They said they would only take $6 as a "hold" on my debit card for an appointment. But, when I checked my bank account, they charged me $556! I was so angry and frustrated. I tried to call customer service, but there was no number to call. All I got were general emails stating they had no clue what was going on. It was a nightmare!

I had to take matters into my own hands and report them to the FTC and report fraud through my bank to receive a refund. It was a long and stressful process, but I finally got my money back. I would never use StyleSeat again and would advise others to be cautious when using their services. It's just not worth the risk of losing your hard-earned money.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

StyleSeat Disappointing Experience with StyleSeat: Canceled Appointment and No Refunds

I recently booked an appointment on StyleSeat and traveled almost an hour by car to get there. When I arrived at the salon, I was disappointed to find out that the stylist had canceled my appointment just five minutes before it was scheduled to start. I was frustrated that she didn't seem to care about inconveniencing me and didn't even offer a proper apology.

To make matters worse, I later discovered that the stylist had not updated her availability on StyleSeat, even though she was no longer accepting new clients. I was disappointed to see that she was still listed on the platform, as it made me question the reliability of the service.

Thankfully, I had paid in advance for my appointment, so I was able to avoid losing any money. However, I was disappointed to learn that StyleSeat does not offer refunds for canceled appointments, which seems unfair to customers who have been let down by their service providers.

Overall, I was disappointed with my experience on StyleSeat and would hesitate to use the platform again in the future. While I appreciate the convenience of being able to book appointments online, I think it's important for service providers to be held accountable for their actions and for customers to be able to receive refunds when necessary.

StyleSeat Customer Reviews Overview

StyleSeat is a popular online platform that connects beauty and wellness professionals with clients. The website has received numerous positive reviews from satisfied users who appreciate its user-friendly interface, convenient booking system, and extensive network of professionals.

One of the most commonly praised features of StyleSeat is its easy-to-use platform. Users can quickly search for professionals in their area, view their profiles, and book appointments with just a few clicks. The website also allows professionals to manage their schedules, track their earnings, and communicate with clients all in one place.

Another benefit of StyleSeat is its extensive network of professionals. The website features a wide range of beauty and wellness services, including hair styling, makeup application, massage therapy, and more. Users can easily find professionals who specialize in their desired service and read reviews from other clients to ensure they are making the right choice.

Overall, StyleSeat is a highly recommended platform for both beauty and wellness professionals and their clients. Its user-friendly interface, convenient booking system, and extensive network of professionals make it a top choice for anyone looking to book beauty or wellness services online.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

StyleSeat contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with StyleSeat?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with StyleSeat Customer Service. Initial StyleSeat complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for StyleSeat above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about StyleSeat. Discuss the issues you have had with StyleSeat and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.