Meijerunfair to employees

over worked and under paid...you must work a thousand hours just to get a 15 cent raise...what will this do for us not much at all...the work is long and hard and there is no repect for employees...a company of this size and you can't even give a raise to your employees or show repect...could this be why you have so much turn over within the store?could this be why your employees are not happy?could this be why your employees have the i don't care look? you know the store does not run on customers only without employees where would you be?i see a problem here maybe you should take the time to look into this matter.

• Az
    azaleya Oct 03, 2010

Eh, the amount of pay is nothing to complain about compared to the much more austere of Meijer's grievances. It's a dime-a-dozen, low-skill retail job. The reason why it pays minimum wage is because most people could do this job with their eyes closed, hands behind their back.

The part of your complaint that I resonate the most with is the lack of respect afforded to Meijer employees. I've worked at two locations, and was probably spoiled by my experience as an employee of the first store - my managers respected and appreciated me, and consistently praised me for my hard work. Since starting at a new location two months ago, I'm working just as hard as I always have, and have yet to hear ONE SINGLE word of commendation or approval.

In fact, I've had several managers approach me with directions on how to do my job on several occasions, despite the fact that I've worked in my department for six years now (clothing, shoes, and baby center). "Now, you need to focus on overs and unders, fold the tables, and make sure the baseboards are clean!' NO [censor].

What really grates me is when I'm told "We've had complaints that conditioning isn't up to par, the work isn't being done!" Well, if you keep combining departments, scheduling fewer employees for each shift, and increasing the amount of work we're supposed to do... yeah. It's not going to all get done. Perhaps if employees quit being blamed for lousy conditioning, and they start considering the possibility that a) there's not enough coverage and b) we're expected to do more work than is feasibly possible during one shift, than they can start working to fix the problem instead of assigning blame.

So, yeah. Even the hardest-working, most helpful and upbeat Meijer employees are still completely disrespected on a daily basis. Lack of respect is definitely the worst aspect of working for this disgusting corporation.

• Mi
    mike do Mar 22, 2010

Employees are people to treat them fairly.