McDonalds Coffeefly in coffee

Today my daughter went to our local McDonalds and bought my husband a coffee, like she has done time and time before. He always gets decaf, and gets it black. He usually gets 7 cream and 7 sugar to put in it, as he would rather put it in himself, then have one of their employees do it.

Well, after the sugar was all put in, he put in one creamer, and was stirring it, up to the surface came a fly!!! Talk about gross!!!

I personally took the coffee down to them, and told the manager we had a big problem.

According to the manager...it's summer, hmmmm-the middle of September...and although they try to keep them down, it happens. He was REAL nice, and offered to make a fresh batch for me, and I looked at him like, no way!!!, and he gladly gave me my money back.
On the refund receipt, I seen him write "found fly in coffee".

Am I wrong here, but shouldn't an incident report have been filed ????

And just how many other flies found in food complaints has this place had??????

Is this not an issue for the HEALTH DEPT.??????

We have eaten other food from the same place!!! Wonder what other goods have been found there!!!

fly in coffee

• Me
    Melissa L Sep 20, 2009

I totally understand what you're saying and it is really disgusting that you found a fly in your coffee but I'm sure this kind of stuff happens everywhere! I don't think it can be helped really. Its like during the warmer weather, when you walk into a restaurant there are probably going to be some flies that make it in too. I can't really imagine a way of stopping this?! At least you got your refund!