Menu
Home Unauthorized Charges Skrill charged my credit card

Skrill  -  charged my credit card

Author of the complaint
6:24 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i have an unauthorized charge from these people on my credit card ...i want this fixed asap! ive already reported this to my c/c company and filed a stolen credit card complaint... ive tried to look mb*moneybookers on line but they dont exist!

More Skrill complaints & reviews

Skrill - hacking / stealing money off my credit card
Skrill - fraud and misrepresentation!
Skrill - moneybookers ebay
Skrill - fraudulent charge
40 comments
E
Mar 07, 2016 4:16 pm

6.3.2016
id: 2533442
I had message: To continue with this payment, you need to verify your account. For more information, visit our help pages.
I have sent documents but they dont answer messages

E
Mar 09, 2016 1:39 pm

When i try withdraw, i have message: To continue with this payment, you need to verify your account. For more information, visit our help pages. I have sent documents and they dont answer messages.

Nov 21, 2014 12:28 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

#[protected] is the ticket response with Skrill, I withdrawn INR 73000 on 20.Oct.2014 unfortunately my bank account no was wrong which is short of 1 digit, Skrill help team had confirmed that funds left their Bank. I checked my bank on this transaction, they had checked with two parameters one the reference number provided to me by Skrill and another the amount, both were not matching. Finally I asked for Swift copy with Skrill, I am not getting any response. I request skrill help team to look into this matter more seriously.

Mar 15, 2014 7:18 pm

my money disappeared showing that transactions were carried out by the Moneybookers London, $ 220! What happened? I have no account here and not the slightest connection with this site ! I want my money back !

N

Don't use MB chat and vision ! They are scam artists, They got my id somehow and they ripped me off ! I should have taken more notice of my bank statements. They ripped my credit card off for over $2, 000 DONT think any positive comments you read are legit. Its all a scam to get more info AND your money ! Yeeah, every phone number either in my country OR around the world, have something in common. There is an automated answering service to con and scam you

Sep 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Over 20 charges on my bank account through my bank card for $26.95 all paid out to MoneyBookers. No clue for what or why. Bank is calling it fraud and I get a new card FedExe'd and all my money back. They will be filing criminal charges as well. Woo Hoo for catching it so fast. I get all my money back in 4 days. I authorized the bank to file criminal charges as this most likely occurred because someone had an electronic device attached to the pump at the gas station or at the grocery check out or at an ATM where my card is used. Just intend to check my bank account daily from now on. WOO HOO for the fraud department too.

Z
Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Moneybookers (the real moneybookers) is now skrill, and they're like paypal. I just had a fraudulent charge this evening for $26.95 show up on my accnt from "moneybookers london on" - however they're not even called moneybookers any more, so even if I'd used them it wouldn't have shown up as moneybookers, it'd be skrill, plus I don't believe they were ever located in ontario anyway, or manitoba (they're european). I'm in the process of reporting it as a fraudulent charge and the bank is blocking the card. Creepy theiving weirdos! I wouldn't have known until maybe too late (bank called me). You can also read about the real moneybookers on wikipedia - if you haven't authorised a charge w/ skrill, it is a fraud

Nov 24, 2012 8:18 am

Yesterday, my son asked if I would purchase an update for the game MindCraft. It is a game that is on the internet and the purpose of this game is to place blocks to create houses, towns or anything that his imagination can dream up. I don't really mind this because he uses his brain in a creative way not just blowing up people like some of the other games. I know that when completing the transaction i noticed the company name of Marjong and the update was for $26.95. Today I got a call from the fraud dept of my bank for that credit card. The transaction went through as MoneyBookers and it is based out of London. I am glad that my bank checked with me about this transaction from another country, but I did make the purchase and I am aware of what it is for. Hope this helps some of you.

Oct 23, 2012 12:57 pm

My CC Account has been charged $39.95 for a service that I do not have and cannot access! I opened my PC on 10/11/12, to a loud siren sound. It was KINGSOFT telling me that my virus protection had lapsed. I have a good direct protection system through Dell, so I knew this was not true. The "siren" sound would not stop, so I, mistakingly entered the site and ended up with the new system. Within minutes, this MONEYBOOKERS sent me an email, informing me that I had been charged the $39.95 fee. I have not been able to reach either site since and just received the bill on my Visa Credit Card. I can give the Visa little information for stopping payment, as I have no info. Now I am filling out endless forms in the attempt to get my credit, doubting that I will. Someone, stop this madness, as I have read the other complaints and concerns regarding Moneybookers sham!

Oct 07, 2012 10:10 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On september 28th am donated 13GBP to buy 22 coins from molten. That time everything was fine i got my coin and my item. And 2 days later my account was suspended. And when i ask molten about it they sent me following email.
Dear user,

We received a notification from Moneybookers(Skrill) that some of payments on your account had been considered suspicious(fraudulent). Those payments were cancelled and withdrawn from our account.

This violates Molten’s Terms of use. Therefore your account was suspended.

Please contact Moneybookers(Skrill) to sort out this issue and credit the payments back to our account.

So i need my get back my money or moneybooker(skrill) to contact molten to unban my account.

Sep 14, 2012 3:18 pm

sfgal from Marin man:
Bank of America will refund the money were you to phone them using the number on the back of your credit card and report the fraudulent transaction to them telling them you didn't authorize the transaction. Some credit cards owned by people have been stolen from companies files by hackers and the hackers make more money by selling the stolen credit card numbers to those who will buy them. I had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago where someone had my credit card number and charged something to an on line merchant and the merchandise was to be sent from Ohio where the business was located to a specific address in Sacramento, CA and I received an invoice from the merchant showing the credit card was declined and asking me for payment. I phoned the merchant and told them I didn't order from them and since I saw the item was to be shipped UPS, I told the merchant they may be able to stop the shipment and they were able to stop the shipment. The interesting thing is the last name of the person buying is the same last name of the person to whom the merchandise was to be sent, although the first names were different. I had the name, address and phone number of the person to whom the merchandise was to be sent and learned that person is a medical doctor and I contacted the doctor and told her what took place and she is going to deal with her drug addict daughter who is stealing other people's credit card numbers and charging merchandise as though the money was hers. The only solution to put a stop to this was to immediately close the credit card with that number and have a new credit card issued to me with a different number. I suggest you do the same as once you do and someone tries using that number the credit card will be declined on the spot. Fortunately you have the banking and credit card laws on your side and you won't be charged for a transaction you didn't authorize, especially when credit card fraud is suspected. You are not alone with this problem and it appears the problem is becoming more widespread and those who have credit cards had better monitor the transactions taking place on their credit card accounts at least once a week as there is more likelihood for a fraud to be attempted on their credit card as even those who process credit card transactions with on line companies are potential thieves of credit card numbers of those who buy from the business for which they work. It appears there are way too many people out of work who can't find a job and some of them will resort to crimes to obtain money.

Sep 03, 2012 8:47 am

I never use my debit card for transactions, only credit card because I get cash back, and paypal when shopping online. So I'm confused as to how this could have happened.
Date: 08/31/2012
We detected irregular activity on your Bank of America debit card on 08/31/2012. For your protection, please contact us to verify this activity so you can continue making debit card transactions without interruption. If you do not contact us, certain limitations may be placed on your debit card.

I checked online and saw a pending for 3.95... but the next day I saw Moneybookers London 26.95 and freaked... How on earth does this happen. I need my credit card right now for depositing checks because I have a web only bank account to avoid monthly fees! It is labor day and I can't even go into a bank to see what's happening, the automated system redirects me to another number since they suspect irregular activity, but then that ends in a disconnect, perhaps due to the holiday. I feel like I should withdraw my money from my bank account! What should I do? Who is doing this and how?

Aug 13, 2012 10:46 am

I recently found a charge on my check card for $26.95...to Mine Craft London GB...have no one in my house who plays any games...who is responsible for this...I am disabled and live on a limited budget...what kind of person would STEAL other peoples money? these people need jobs to earn their own money...Any info to who is responsible would be appreciated...By the way card closed account closed so good luck getting anymore of my money

T
Jun 25, 2012 11:22 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Two separate charges have been placed onto my credit card - luckily my Bank has cancelled the card and the account and is now being investigated, they have also agreed to refund the money - which i am thankful for. To all of your please be so careful where ever you place your card, look out for skimmers on ATM Machines and also check out staff at shops, make sure you swipe your card and always pay via a secure line online wherever you can!

M

i have a complaint with moneybookers.co.uk i have been trying to subscribe to a service using my credit, they kept refusing it
stating that i neded to comply with security measures required by the credit card company. i spoke to m.b.n.a. who told me that it was not a reuirement and had not been since june 2011. still they would not accept my card. finally i decided to send money by money transfer to COMMERZE BANK as requested, sent on 29th april bank cashed it on the 8th may. my account does not show
them receiving it nor has the vendor that i was subscribing to re4ceived it. they have so far not answered one of my e-mails to explain what is going on WHAT CAN I DO
[email protected]
o1 [protected]

Y
Mar 21, 2012 7:27 am

Today I was charged $41.70 (Three Times) and my bank said that I can can file a dispute form and I canceled my card. I don't have money to pay off the money and will be charged an overdraft fee over something that I didn't do. It was talking about MBmoneybookers London USD. I have never heard of these people before. Its Beyond Frusterating!

please i would like a phone mumber to speak to somebody about a charge ttomy account, but i cant get a phone number.

Feb 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Just happen to me yesterday, and I called my bank and they cancel my credit card, i have no idea where they got my cc# from, watch out!

B
Feb 15, 2012 7:41 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just got that too. And I read one of the comments that they bought flowers online that never arrived! That happened to me too! I called them about the flowers and got my money back but now they have my card info so they can probably do stuff like that! I called moneybookers and they asked if it was possible that one of my kids bought the game online.. I don't have kids! And I don't play games online! It's probably the flower thing! I've always used amazon and paypal on ebay and never had any problems. Thank God for my bank email alerts!

C
Feb 12, 2012 11:03 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Today i found out that my Debit Card was charged too by this company moneybookers usd london for $26.95, i just called my bank and told them i did not authorized it, they did not charged any more my CC 'cuz i don't have money on it, just had like 30 bucks only, my bank is going to submit a fraud claim and will get my money back (hopefully) but, can we do something else to report this fraudulent company? or what's going on?...is n't too much coincidence they're using their website to commit fraud, maybe they're doing it or comeone who works in there, i do not play any video games neither online, or at home, so how did i got in there?

Feb 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Moneybookers USD London just used my debit card # for a 26.95 charge. I will be calling moneybookers to see what info they can give me about this happening, like others have gotten. I understand they are not at fault and that their name is being used, but I am so mad.

Today I noticed a charge on my card for $26.95 by Money bookers US London GB. My card hasn't been used in 2 weeks! Does anybody have a phone # for this scammer? I will go to my bank today and cancel my card. Hopefully some of these companies that investigate fraud check on this and sue these paople for everything they have and refund our losses! If anybody have the phone # for this people PLEASE email it to me at [email protected] I sue this low lifers myself!
Thanks!
Julio Carrasquillo

Dec 17, 2011 8:20 pm

These people charged my account twice. I am a disabled Veteran and live on a very fixed income, who dosen't nowadays, and can''t afford unauthorized charges on my card or account. Please help!
J Bliss

C
Dec 05, 2011 8:21 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

some ### just bought the assasins creed video game with my debit card. $312.90 for a damn video game. called my bank, cancelled the card, and called moneybookers directly. they were pretty helpful, even gave me the email address the homo used for the transaction. i hope he burns in hell.

D
Dec 05, 2011 4:59 am

Today MONEYBOOKERS USD LONDON took $26.95 out of my account 3 times along with another company DRI Ubisoft 8 times at $49.99. UNBELIEVABLE, I am soo upset! I called and cancelled my debit card and have to wait until Tues until the charges clear. I called both companies and DRI could see that the bank had canceled the credit card so hopefully those don't go through. Moneybookers said it was for a game MineCraft and gave me the email that was used. No idea who it is...

Nov 30, 2011 5:31 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Arrowhead71~just checked my checking account and I was also hit for $26.95 three times. Someone hacked my debit card number and used it to pay for some kind of online video game through MOJANG. Have no idea how they are getting our info. But, if you figure it out please let me know. [email protected] I am just disgusted about this. I have 2 kids and it is Christmas time. This just sucks. Contacted my bank. Doing a fraud claim on it now. ALSO...I spoke with some people at Moneybookers and they promised to call me back in 24 hours. Yeah right. I did inform them that I was denying the charges at my bank. Perhaps if they get enough denials for payments submitted they will get a grip on their "legitimate" business transactions. I am just sick about this. Oh, and my card has been canceled.

Nov 29, 2011 12:51 pm

Same thing has happen to me! November 25, 2011 $26.95 was taken out of my checking account 3 times, Does anyone know how they are getting our info, Spoke with my bank yesterday and I am getting my money back THANK GOD!

Nov 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had my debit card charges 4 times with MB Mojang Moneybookers 11/10/11 with a foreign exchange fee for each one.

R
Sep 02, 2011 7:16 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you have a son who plays "minecraft" on the computer you will find this is where the money is paid to for the game. All above board so far.

Sep 02, 2011 4:58 am

Ihave a charge on my cc for MOJANG no ideea what that is! Following that name is MONEY BOOKERS GB. Never heard of these people or organizations in my life! I am 80 years old and will do whatever necessary to retrieve MY money, starting with the bank tomorrow morning.

Aug 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Some online sites use this Such as the perches minecraft.net

May 23, 2011 6:34 am

never mind network marketing, we shoude pay more attention to the reputation.

H
May 18, 2011 10:06 am

I really understand your feeling, i think you should try every methods to get contact with them.

Mar 05, 2011 4:20 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a prom dress for my daughter on dressale.com. The charge on my card showed up MB*moneybookers.com . The dress was $188.48 and they charged an international fee as well. No dress and cant find a way to get my money back either. Was purchased with my HRBlock card for my tax return! [email protected]

R
Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My cc was debited by MB*Moneybrokers.com for 74+ USD for a transaction that never completed. This was happened when I used my cc to purchase flowers online from a flowershop (Right Florist Pvt.Ltd.) that I found out eventually that is a fraud. Valentines Day has passed and my flowers were never delivered. Any comments on this? Please email [email protected]

D
Dec 14, 2010 5:03 pm

i just had a $200.00 charge placed on my account from them along with a out of country fee. I've never even heard of them until now. credit card has been canceled and a claim made with my bank. I love the internet.

T

i think my boyfriend has set up some sort of account with mb*moneybookers but is out of the country, theres £22 being taken fro account on a daily basis for the past two weeks. has anyone else been able to claim money back? and does anyone know what the account would have been set up for? if anyone has any information that they think will help can you please please email me on [email protected] uk

would be really apprecated

Jan 04, 2010 3:18 pm

I had the same problem! :( It's one "company" taking money out from peopels account. They use different names every time! Like I had: MONEYBOX, MB*MONEYBOOKERS.CO, beautyclub, SUP*WORLDFIT, SUP*SMILEBRIGHT
PLS WATCH OUT FOR THIS! DON'T LET THEM TO GET RICH ON YOUR HARD EARND MONEY!

H
Jan 02, 2010 8:59 am

If you have someone that plays World of Warcraft in the household, you might ask if they bought fake gold for your real money. MB*MONEYBOOKERS.COM is what came up for my charge when I did this.

-Lee

B
Dec 04, 2009 10:56 am

www.moneybookers.com
They're not the ones who stole your card, it's probably a fraudster who used it on their platform (which is legit). You should contact them as well, they'll help you with that.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

208 complaints