MagicJackecho plus hard to hear

I was able to receive a legit complaint line--[protected]--when I called the number of the receipt for 5 years' service on my credit card. Nervous since I'd googled MagicJack and saw the complaints. But I had to wait only a minute to talk to a service rep. However, she being in Georgia and me in Ohio the connection was crap: everything I said was echoed back to me with a several second delay. Very disconcerting. However, I was told I needed to enter into the Magic Jack on my computer the code they had sent my email in order to activate the five years' worth of service I'd paid for. When I told her about Hotmail emptying my email account of all messages a month ago or so with no warning or explanation, she offered to email it again to me. It actually arrived and now I'm not up for renewal until 2017. I'm antsy about the other complaints, but, except for the echo plus hard-to-hear phone call I made to the state of Georgia for help, I haven't yet investigated additional problems. You have to go to my.magicjack.com to access your settings with your email address & the password they sent you when you activated it (I had put info in a file) and choose a phone number. I even gave up trying to think of one with an acronym easy to remember and let them pick it, & it was really easy to remember, so I didn't pay extra for a special number. Hope this helps someone.