MagicJackbeware! associating your iphone with a magicjack account, there's no going back!

M

BEWARE! Associating your iPhone with a MagicJack account, there’s no going back!
My wife Kate works for a nonprofit organization in Canada, who uses MagicJack for their phone. During the last week of August she filled in on phone duties for someone who was on holidays. In order for her to be as mobile as possible I decided to install the MagicJack FreeCall app, on her iPhone and associate her iPhone / the FreeCall app with that account.
It worked great!! She was mobile and responsive.
Last week she took on a new role and they asked her to get a new MagicJack, we did and created a new account.
Here’s the problem!
When we went to associate the iPhone with the new account we couldn’t because the iPhone was already associated with another account. Simple solution just deactivate it from the one account and associate it with the new one, right, WRONG I couldn’t find a way to do that.
So, I contacted customer support 3 time via their poor live chat (which I’m not totally convinced is not a boot), and the continued response was, can’t deactivate, can’t move, can’t cancel, can only ever associate an iPhone with one account. WHAT! So then I asked to move the number, and the new MagicJack device to the other account, they told me nope that can’t be done either. So now we are stuck with a MagicJack number we can’t use with her iPhone.
Why would MagicJack care if you activate and deactivate iPhone / FreeCall app between accounts, it’s a free option?

• Dr
    drummer10630 Sep 22, 2012

I have found the solution:

AnnetteD123 Nov 19, 2016

my i-phone magicjack app stopped working, saying my service expired end of October 2016. However, the service did not expire. After 3 online chats with the very useless and incompetent customer service, I was told 3 times that it's above their grade, and that I will receive an e-mail from customer service. The only e-mail I received stated that they have received my request. I still had money for international calls on my app, that is gone too. It's the worst possible customer service, not offering any help whatsoever at all.