Macy’s — credit card protection plan
I've had a Macy's card since 2009. In the past 10 years, i've never made a late payment and have made my bills.
Recently, my business has suffered some challenging moments and I called in to see if I can get 2-3 months of a hardship program.
Macy's customer service told me I had a "protection plan" on my credit card and needed to call them directly. I was unaware I even had this plan.
I called them to find out my options. After speaking to the representative, she advised I needed to fill out paperwork and send through the mail so they can review the case. This would take a few weeks to process and the first credit card company to handle the process this way.
I asked the representative what is this "credit protection" I have anyway. She advised it protects against fraud and charges 1 cent to the dollar. I now realized for all the years I have been unwilling been charged between $20-$40 a month for 10 years and they've offered ZERO protection to the 1 time I needed it. I feel completely robbed of thousands of dollars as I never read the fine print of this offer 10 years ago.
More Macy’s Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud 
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment 
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned" 
- Macys - poor place to work 
- Macy's - employee harassment 
- Macys - beware 
- Macy's - interest rip off 
- Macy's In Hampton Bays - very rude manager! 
- Macy's - macy's, violation of labor laws, $ unpaid overtime, undue influence 
- Macy's - ridiculous on-line bill pay